[PP - F9] Hot Enough for Ya? <<Guardian of Fire>> COMPLETE

If there was one thing he was certain of, it was that his party was going to have long trip ahead of them. Seul had recently received news of a quest on the ninth floor that involved hunting down a particularly fierce sounding boss, so naturally he decided to call for help. The battles within the Inferno Cavern would serve as a good exercise for his newly unlocked sword arts and the experience would bring him closer to the level 25 status he desperately desired. Seeing as how the walk to the boss spawn point would take days he didn't want to waste any time, but for once would remain patiently standing at Vulcan's gate for the others to show up.

Edited by Seul

Xion sighed as he dragged himself to the teleport gate on floor one "Why did I agree to do this? The forge is so nice today too..." of course Xion always enjoyed adventuring and he needed the XP, he was just moaning to himself so that it was out of his system once he got to floor nine and met up with the others. "Teleport, Vulcan!" he said, before being enveloped by the familiar blue light of the Teleport gate , appearing in the blisteringly hot main settlement of floor 9: Vulcan. 

Well the heat didn't matter to Xion, he had the survival skill so heat and cold didn't even bother him. "Now to find the others" he said, and after a couple of minuted managed to find seul. "Hey seul" he said, waving to the player "How are you man?" 

Macradon stood there, at the warp gate, soon ready to get up to the ninth floor. "The only reason I don't like this quest is the travel time ..." he though for himself as he would close his eyes and sigh deeply before opening his eyes again. "Warp, ninth floor" he said as he would be engulfed in a light blue energy that would teleport him from the first floor to the ninth. It wouldn't take long before he would find the two others for the quest. This would be a good day for him to get used to the lieutenant rank and at least try out the role of the commander of something. This would be a good day and see what these two were capable of, even though the quest would be nothing for Macradon, he was sure that these two wouldn't have a too good time. "Greetings, Blades" he would say as he approached the two.

"I'm fine, Xion; glad you could make it." Though he would've enjoyed talking longer but as Macradon had arrived only moments later their group was complete and given the distance he would prefer to leave sooner rather than later. "Hello Macradon, thanks again for agreeing to help. This should be a breeze with you around." He said with a hearty pat against his guildmate's armor. While turning on his heel he motioned to the bridge that connected the entrance of Vulcan to the mainland and began a steady stroll to cross it. "Let's be off then boys; we're burning daylight and the boss isn't getting any younger!"

"W-Warp... V-Vulcan..." I hesitantly muttered, whining at the fact I was traveling to a floor I hated with a passion. I instantly became breathless as the heat washed over me and bathed me like some cruel tub. "[censored] this..." I whimpered, making my way off the platform and towards a trio of players gathered together. Two I knew, one from a long time ago, while the third I had not met. "I am here now, and I am telling you straight, I hate you all... if there is any floor I hate it is this one." I admitted bluntly, not taking the time to beat around the bush. "Right, so this is some kind of fire quest? Glad I have some Snowfrost then, it will prove useful." I remarked, grinning at my resourcefulness. "Not to mention <<Survival>> will deal with any other environmental hazards." I added, glad I had taken that quest.

Xion nodded to Mac "how are you doing man?" He asked before seul started talking about setting off, and the tank was about to do so until he heard the voice of a certain British fisticuff fan. "Grave!" He said with a smile, clapping a hand onto the man's shoudler. "Stop whining about the heat, survival should be dealing with that anyway" he said with a chuckle before turning to the others. 

"So, we have three days of walking ahead of us, shall we we begin?" He asked

Macradon would make a fist bump at Xion "It's going great here at the moment. Business is going great and I get to farm some good stuff. How 'bout you?" he would ask Xion. The trio was met by a fourth person, making this group a quartet, which would just make the quest go faster. "Alright" Macradon agreed to get out of here and head for the flaming inferno like arena of Cerberus. Macradon would sigh, it was a long journey for them to get to the cavern of the big hound, but Macradon was prepared. Macradon would spear head the long walk as the first day would go by quickly. "Let's set camp here then" he would say and point at a rock formation somewhat resembling a teepee.

After the long day of walking, Seul was convinced he'd be able to knock out right there. Macradon's suggestion to set up camp was like music to his ears and he wasted no time when it came to wandering over to the rock formation. He made his way inside and immediately dropped to the floor, keeping a tight grip on his cloak as he curled up in the dirt. Despite the comfortable position he established, he would still take the time to address the rest of the group with his pre-sleep thoughts. "Considering we still have a ways to go, I think it'd be best if we left at dawn. We can all relax more once we're closer to the cavern that way we're not worn out before the fight. Also one of us should keep watch while the others sleep."

I threw a dirty look at the Teen Tank. "Be happy it is not raining; I would be whining even more. And <<Survival>> may deal with environmental hazards, but it does not stop me from feeling harsh temperatures." I explained with an obviously jesting growl. "Wait... three days?!" I asked in shock, already feeling myself melting into a puddle. "Did I read over something?" I question, bound fists against my hips. Begrudgingly I followed the trio like a silver-haired zombie, not noticing the time fly by as we neared a rock formation. When Macradon suggested we rest and Seul wandered into the little hut, I dived in after the first player and laid down on my front. I heard Seul mention someone should keep guard, and I raised my hands. "Eh... I guess I am not too sleepy, just exhausted. I will take first watch." I offered.

Xion smiled as Macradon asked him

how he was "I'm ok, actually levelling at a surprising rate so hopefully I'll be able to join you guys on the frontlines relatively soon" he said. 

Before long the group had begun the three day trek towards the Cerberus quest location, the first day passing surprisingly quickly. "I'll watch after grave..." Xion said as he laid down on his back, using his shield to rest his head on. 

"Just don't expect me to get up early in the morning" 

It seemed like everyone agreed to the first camp rest at the formation, first day over, only 2 more to go. It was good to know that Xion was doing great as well. The group would settle down and take their rest, and as some already picked out who to look out on guard duty for the resting period, Macradon would take a deep breathe a go to sleep for them all to journey at dawn the next day. The they could travel to the cavern of cerberus, the faster they could finish the quest.

(Okay, time to speed run this-)

Seul awoke the next morning with a stretch while checking to make sure none of the others were eaten by wolverines during their sleep. A sigh of relief escaped as everyone was still safe and sound and before he knew it they were all on the road again. The path to the cavern was a tedious one, but his desire to kill the boss was greater than any fatigue the trip could cause him. The second day came and went just as the first had and the sun set once again on the horizon. They were close and eagerness kept the young knight from gaining any rest. Once they set off again in the morning, the anticipation of the upcoming battle left him feeling excited as they approached the opening of Inferno Cavern. "Are we all ready?"

Xion was still awake when Seul woke up, after the pugilist of the group had fallen asleep the tank had taken watch. it was a tedious task but one that was necessary. "And sleeping beauty awakes..." he said with a yawn as he watched the man get up, the rest of the group following suit as they set off in the direction of the cave which was the home to cerberus, the boss which the group wanted to kill. 

They walked for another two days, the heat of floor nine affected some and not others, the tank himself wasn't bothered but the walks were always tiring, the second night was much like the same, and when the final day came the tank was glad that the journey was over and that they were finally ready to face the boss. 

"Let's get this over with..get in kill the thing and get out"

The night was slow; nothing of interest popped up in my vision over my watch period. The stars simply blinked from the floor above, the occasional cloud rushed over head, but apart from that my only active companion was the heat. I heard a body shift behind me and swiped to open my inventory, looking at the time and smiling. "Right, your turn, Maelstrom." I called quietly into the cave, retreating into blackness.

On the following walks I did not zombify and fell in stride with the others, keeping up with them just fine. It felt like very little time when we finally approached the cave entrance. "Alright, those of you who have Snowfrost, put it on now." I announced, pulling one bottle out and pouring it over my shoulders, the cool blue liquid sinking into my coat and cooking me down. I brought out my second bottle and held it out. "I have a spare if anyone is in need." I offered, cracking my neck idly.

Spoiler

-2 Snowfrost

Burn Damage is halved for the rest of the thread.

Edited by Grave

Macradon slowly opened his eyes and yawned a long and deep yawn. "Yeah I'm ready" he said as he would get up and out into the open fields again. He would stretch his body and get ready for whatever would be at his disposal, at least for now. He would get ready for the day and have all his items equipped, it wouldn't take long before the day would be over as their walk would just continue for those 1½ to 2 days of wandering. Macradon wasn't really sure if he was in the mood for all walking, but he had no choice and had to go. Macradon would look at his armor as Grave mentioned the Snowfrost to negate some burn damage. "What if I kill it before it hits me?" he would say with a grin.

It seemed the others were prepared for the fight ahead and with that being the case Seul would enter the cave first. It was hot... Or rather hotter. He couldn't see how anything would be able to live in such a place, much less a giant three-headed dog, but it didn't matter that much as long as they were able to kill it. It didn't take long for the mobs of the quest to appear. A pack of hell hounds ran towards their group with flames dancing off their fur as if they were dog-sized candles. "They don't look that tough. The faster we kill these things the sooner Cerberus will appear!"

He lunged forward at the closest hound and activated the Cross Edge sword art. Though it turned out to be a pointless maneuver as the mutt managed to side step the attack with little effort put forth on its part. Its red eyes narrowed at the knight in a questioning manner and Seul could have sworn the beast was mocking him as it turned to look back at its companions. "Ugh..." He mumbled while walking back to his party. "Macradon, please just sweep these things so we can get to the real fight-"

(You can edit your own stats in and I'll roll for whatever doges are leftover on my next turn. Also just for reference, everyone here has the survival extra skill so the effects of the cavern's heat should be nulled.)

Spoiler

STATS:       

• Damage: 7                
  • Mitigation: 47                

• Keen: 1                

• Regen: 18                

• Thorns: 7  

ID: 53748 | BD: 1 (Miss) | -2 Energy

Party

[H: 0] Seul | 92/92 HP | 21/23 EN

[H: 0] Xion | ??/?? HP | ??/?? EN

[H: 0] Grave | ??/?? HP | ??/?? EN

[H: 0] Macradon | ??/?? HP | ??/?? EN

Enemy

Hell Hound 1 | 30/30 HP | 27 DMG

Hell Hound 2 | 30/30 HP | 27 DMG

Hell Hound 3 | 30/30 HP | 27 DMG

Hell Hound 4 | 30/30 HP | 27 DMG

Hell Hound 5 | 30/30 HP | 27 DMG

Hell Hound 6 | 30/30 HP | 27 DMG

Hell Hound 7 | 30/30 HP | 27 DMG

Hell Hound 8 | 30/30 HP | 27 DMG

Hell Hound 9 | 30/30 HP | 27 DMG

Hell Hound 10 | 30/30 HP | 27 DMG

Hell Hound 11 | 30/30 HP | 27 DMG

Hell Hound 12 | 30/30 HP | 27 DMG

Edited by Seul

I rolled my eyes at Macradon's cheeky retort. "I wish you luck." I muttered in response, before returning the Snowfrost to my inventory. "I guess I will just keep it then..." I mumbled, looking back to the hot opening. We stepped in and the heat took a drastic change. Thankfully my <<Survival>> blocked the burning effect that likely occurred in this place, and I hoped the others had the skill too. We were quickly confronted by a pack of flaming dogs with quite demonic visages. 'Hellhounds' was the first word to come to mind. I watched Seul rush in and miss his attack, barely avoiding the bloodthirsty gaze of a Hellhound. With a sigh, I followed after him. "Alright, Dagger Knight, here comes the Cavalry!" I shouted over the top of the Hellhounds, before kicking off into the air, leg glowing a blazing white, and I lashed out, slashing through four of the dogs, causing them to explode in a ball of flames before dissipating into blue data. I landed in a graceful crouch, <<Tornado Kick>>'s post-motion, and called out, "Xion! A howl about now would be nice!"

ID: 53856 | BD: 11 (9 + 2)

Sword Art Used: Tornado Kick - (8 + 2) x 6 = 10 x 6 = 60 DMG + AOE (12 NRG)

Party
[H: 0] Xion | ??/?? HP | ??/?? EN
[H: 2] Grave | 72/72 HP | 7/19 EN
[H: 0] Macradon | ??/?? HP | ??/?? EN

Enemies
Hell Hound 1 | -30/30 HP | 27 DMG
Hell Hound 2 | -30/30 HP | 27 DMG
Hell Hound 3 | -30/30 HP | 27 DMG
Hell Hound 4 | -30/30 HP | 27 DMG
Hell Hound 10 | 30/30 HP | 27 DMG

LD: 4 = Nothing

Edited by Grave

Xion nodded to the others as they walked into the cave, ready for the fight that awaited them. "Leave something for us Mac.." he said to the two handed sword user with a chuckle, before the group came across a large group of hellhounds, Seul attacking first and missing, Grave killing four with an aoe, but drawing a large amount of hate. 

"Xion! A howl about now would be nice!" He heard the pugilist say, nodding before striding forwards. "Let me show you how a real man draws aggro" he said with a grin before a low growl started in his throat, the man inhaling deeply before letting out a deafening <<Howl>> 

Party
[H: 3] Xion | 72/72 HP | 18/18 EN
[H: 3] Grave | 72/72 HP | 7/19 EN
[H: 0] Macradon | ??/?? HP | ??/?? EN

Enemies
Hell Hound 1 | -30/30 HP | 27 DMG
Hell Hound 2 | -30/30 HP | 27 DMG
Hell Hound 3 | -30/30 HP | 27 DMG
Hell Hound 4 | -30/30 HP | 27 DMG
Hell Hound 10 | 30/30 HP | 27 DMG

Macradon would sigh, the battle started and Seul wasn't able to do much, Grave went in and attacked the feral hell hounds, taking out 4 of the extreme numbers there were present. He would rush into battle as well. He would begin to run as the Cardinal system would pick up the speed and activate Macradon's <Charge> skill, making him rush right into the fray. As he charged into the battle, he would begin to make wild spins that would take out 4 hell hounds with his swipes. "Only 4 left" he said as he would look at the dangerous beasts that would be dealt with quickly. It seemed like that his party members were doing fine with the hate control, Xion with the most hate would lead the tanking role while Mac and Grave were in second while taking down some of the mobs and then Seul who made a small whiff for now, but was sure to hit the next pair of mobs.

Macradon's stats:

Spoiler

Health: 153
Damage: 13
Mitigation: 66
Energy: 37
Bleed: 1
Recovery: 2
Regen: 1

ID: 53936
BD: 6+1=7, Hit.
CD: 3, no proc.
Sword art used: <Eruption> 3x1x(13+1 charge)=42 AOE DMG.

Party
[H: 0] Seul | 92/92 HP | 21/23 EN
[H: 2] Grave | 72/72 HP | 7/19 EN
[H: 3] Xion | 72/72 HP | 18/18 EN
[H: 2] Macradon | 153/153 HP | 31/37 EN (+1 Hate hit. +1 Hate Fighting Spirit) (-6 Energy Sword art)

Enemies
Hell Hound 1 | -30/30 HP | 27 DMG
Hell Hound 2 | -30/30 HP | 27 DMG
Hell Hound 3 | -30/30 HP | 27 DMG
Hell Hound 4 | -30/30 HP | 27 DMG
Hell Hound 5 | -12/30 HP | 27 DMG
Hell Hound 6 | -12/30 HP | 27 DMG
Hell Hound 7 | -12/30 HP | 27 DMG
Hell Hound 8 | -12/30 HP | 27 DMG

Hell Hound 9 | 30/30 HP | 27 DMG
Hell Hound 10 | 30/30 HP | 27 DMG
Hell Hound 11 | 30/30 HP | 27 DMG
Hell Hound 12 | 30/30 HP | 27 DMG

Edited by Macradon

Thankfully the rest of his team was able to take down the over half of the hell hounds following his failed attack. He always hated fights like these since daggers were complete garbage when it came to hitting multiple targets. All of the dogs stared between the three who actually contributed to the battle before deciding to gang up on the man who was yelling earlier. They latched onto each of his ankles in groups of two but were only able to deal minor damage as Xion's defense was too high. Just to add insult to injury they all backed off as the tank's thorns had taken affect and Seul used this as an opportunity to take down at least one of the damn things. "DIE!" He latched onto the closest hell hound's back from behind and placed an arm around its neck to restrain it with a choke hold. With his dagger arm free he was able to use the sword art <Infinite> and carved a wound in the shape of an infinity symbol on the beast. It exploded into pixels only mere seconds later and he smile while looking back at the others. "Three more-!"

(Grave only had 2 hate BTW.)

ID: 53989 | BD: 8 (Hit) | Keen Activated | MD: 6 (Hit) = (27 - 44 Mit)x(4) = 4 DMG
Sword art used: <Infinite> 7 x 5 = 35 DMG. | -5 EN

Party
[H: 1] Seul | 92/92 HP | 17/23 EN [+1 EN] [Keen: +1 BD]
[H: 2] Grave | 72/72 HP | 7/19 EN
[H: 3] Xion | 68/72 HP | 18/18 EN [-4 HP]
[H: 2] Macradon | 153/153 HP | 31/37 EN

Enemies
Hell Hound 1 | -30/30 HP | 27 DMG
Hell Hound 2 | -30/30 HP | 27 DMG
Hell Hound 3 | -30/30 HP | 27 DMG
Hell Hound 4 | -30/30 HP | 27 DMG
Hell Hound 5 | -12/30 HP | 27 DMG