[F1-OP] No Worries (COMPLETE)

Sinful was working in the tavern on the first floor as always, cleaning the tables and paying as many tabs as he could. "What a great smell, everybody! Come and get your fresh tea today! It's free and absolutely calming!" In his spare time, he whipped up a very sweet tasting tea that he'd give out on very special days while working at the tavern. A flood of people came in and the tea reduced to nothing, the outraged players began to fight for it until Sinful intervened. "Easy there buddy, there's enough tea for everyone, no need to fight for it." With a smile, he pulled out six more gallons of the tea, offering it to everyone that wished to taste it.

Edited by Sinful

Hydra had been walking through the town of beginnings like it was any other day. He would wake up, eat some bread and get to work on crafting, in hope he could venture out to the higher floors... *yawn*. He was sleepy as usual, that's why the folks called him the 'daydreamer'. *Sniff* *Sniff*, a soothing aroma drifted in the air as the player headed towards the gates on the first floor. "Mmmmmmm" His mind had wandered off again he slowly followed the trail of the smell, taking it all in, before arriving outside a tavern. Noticing the hoard's of people inside and the smell of tea growing stronger his emotions were conflicting, he had never liked crowds but had really missed the taste of green tea since entering Aincrad "maybe it is not green tea?". He snuck up to the window and peered inside, there was the plushy guy he had met a few days before unfortunately the large crowds meant he couldn't see if the tea was green or not... he crouched at the window staring intently to try and see what was happening.

Phillia walked into the tavern doing what she usually does, which is kick the door. A loud bang came from the door and echoed across the tavern as she walked in. She sat down at a table and wondered about the tea, "May I have some?" She asked. Sinful seemed like a cheerful guy, but normally there's always a catch to those kind of people, like Nixon. "What is it made out of? Is there a secret ingredient in it that makes it taste good?" Phillia was curious, but eventually her curiosity would die as she would realize it was just normal tea, but with a very peculiar taste.

"Woah, I smell some sugar..." Lazarus had his mouth watering as soon as the sweet fragrance invaded his keen candy nose. He saw Apple Pie sitting besides the window trying to stare into the tavern. "Hey Apple Pie, I think it's chrysanthemum tea, nothing else is that sweet." The candy man wondered how this Sinful guy made so much of it. He grabbed Hydra by the collar and dragged him into the tavern. "I'd like your finest confections please, topped with that sweet tea."

"Yawn* Hydra had been sleepy, still trying to figure out what the tea was when he heard the noise of the sugar crazed player behind him "Please don't let this be hi..." He felt himself all of a sudden being dragged by the collar into the tavern before he could react. All the NPCs had turned to look at the pair. The spearman wore the face of shame. Noticing Phillia sat on a bench he raised his hand and waved with a dull expression on his face as he was dragged towards the counter on his back. "I hope this humiliation is worth it" he weeped to himself in his head.

Hekima sighed. Her blonde hair flying from her head as the wind of the first floor grabbed onto her hair, making it dance as she walked through the land of Aincrad. A great place this was... A majestic flying island in a virtual world and god forsakes if she dies here. The NPCs and players were all cheerful in this land yet Hekima wasn't. In her mind, she was going through the usual. Euler's equation still being freshly calculated through her mind as she walked through the crowded streets. Gazes watching her as she strolled casually through the starting floor of dreams. A land of cheerfulness that was turned into a land of grave and death.

"Makes this world appear as if it was the real world." 

Hekima said, continuing to walk through the land. It was time that she get off her lazy butt. Through the first few stages, she had truly been lazy and she regretted it. Now, she was going to help out the people with their hard floor clearing and she was not going to be lazy. Instead, she is going to become one of the greatest players in the world.

"Albert Einstein once said: 'Genius is 1% talent and 99% hard work.'"

Hekima stated as the thought came into her mind. Hm. What if I have both? With a confident smirk, Hekima continued along the floor. Even though she was only level one. Indeed, she was a low level and a level that had no significance. There were people around level 60 and she was fully aware of it. However, during this unwell spent time, she had memorized lots of textbook knowledge about this game while going around and chilling it out. Now, she was finally ready to involve herself in this game. 

"Laziness may appear attractive, but work gives satisfaction." 

Hope you are right... Anne Frank. I'm giving my trust to you. Hekima thought, remembering lots of quotes that she had read from an English textbook in order to learn more about English culture and history. Soon, having walked for a while, she arrived at a small tavern that had quite a significant amount of customers compared to the rest. How boring. Hekima thought, heading in and ignoring the rest of the customers. It was there that she saw a white haired boy that was serving to the customers. With a grin, Hekima walked up to the man and began to talk.

"Good morning, white haired waiter. I have no Col... Nor do I have any materials. However, I request a cup of tea." Hekima said and looked around. Most of these taverns have chess boards. "How about a chess game? If I win, I get the tea, if you win, I get out... Plus, it will attractive quite a bit of customers. Anyone can challenge me if they wish. If victory is on my side, I demand tea as an award for myself." Hekima finished, making note not to state her username to strangers.

Edited by Hekima

Sinful put on a smile as he saw Hekima walk in and request tea. "The tea is free, although I'm sorry I can't exactly do the chess game, I'm the waiter here you see, and I can't let everybody else wait." He could see that Hekima was awfully left brained, although not a bad thing it meant that some of her other talents might be imbalanced. "More tea coming right up!" The white haired waiter (Thanks for the new nickname :D) poured some tea in an elegant teacup and placed it gently at where Hekima was sitting. "I hope you enjoy it, it's hot right now, but in the night the coldness will just add to the sweetness of it, have a nice day." A few more customers flooded in, a candy man and daydreamer in particular. "Hello, how may I help you two? I guess you came for the tea right? Coming right up!" He fetched the finest tea that was cold, and gave it to the candy man and daydreamer. "I had a feeling you two like it cold, have fun!"

"Nah, it'll totally work." said Takao as he waved his hand dismissively at the wingless dragon perched on his shoulder. The two had been engaged in conversation for some time now, although it seemed one-sided on Takao's end. The familiar didn't speak in a language that was readily understandable to the general player; the noises coming from behind its shark-like teeth were nothing more than chirps and growls. But to the teen carrying the tamed monster along, it was understood as clear as crystal. The dragon offered an indecipherable rebuttal using the aforementioned growls, and earned a shrug of Takao's shoulders in response.

"Well, 'course it's risky, but it's nothing worse than what we've done before. We'll be able to fund a lot of crafting for a long time... aaaaand it'll be absolutely hilarious if we manage to pull it off." He ruffled his ash-brown hair and chuckled lightly. "Let's stop somewhere and get some food or somethin', I'm starving."

The first floor was as active as ever, making wading through the masses a chore. He'd eventually come upon a tavern, the name of which eluded him upon entry. Takao whistled lowly as he glanced from one corner to the other, examining the interior and the patrons. The mention of chess caught his attention and guided his gaze in Hekima's direction. "Huh... That's the game the old man loved to play." He muttered aloud, though the words escaped quietly under his breath. His grandfather had always wanted to teach Takao how to play, but conflicting schedules and the busy life of a student in Japan had prevented such events from occurring. His interest was piqued.

With his hands buried in the pockets of his hooded shirt, Takao approached Hekima and cleared his throat to garner her attention. "Hey, uh... If the offer's still on the board, I'd be up for a game." He said, offering up his usual smile.

Jetra walked into the tavern and had a glance of SInful, sitting down right next to Hekima; she cleared her throat. "May I have some tea as well? My throat is rather dry, it'd be nice to have a refreshing beverage." His mannerism was similar to that of Hekima's, but they were very different. "You, white haired boy, make it quick, my mood isn't very good today." Jetra's face would suggest he was very angry, probably because somebody made him angry or 'something' is going on.

Sinful looked over to Takao, and immediately came over with a plate full of food. "I recognize you, you are one of the front liners! Let me show you how I'm grateful by giving you some food, I know it's not much but at least it can help." He smiled with charm and went back to serving the other tables, moving at S@N1C SP33D! It was almost unreal, yet he wasn't tired at all. "I hope you all have a great meal at this tavern! Please help yourselves, as I'm paying for all of your tabs!" The other players in the tavern shouted in astonishment, they were happy that they didn't need to pay at all. This was a very rare occasion for them, but not for Sinful, he gave out food for free all the time. No surprise came from him, just a smile and kind words.

"Thank you" Hydra cupped the tea in his hands, it certainly wasn't green but he tasted it anyway, *sips tea* flavors erupted in his mouth, the tea he was given was cold but it certainly complemented the taste, in one word it was the most refreshing thing he had ever tasted. The spearman shook himself free of Lazarus and stood up he heard Sinful's remark about the frontliner and looked in that general direction. The player certainly looked strong but what amazed Hydra was the creature on his shoulder, he couldn't help but approach. 

He stood in front of Takao making sure to keep his distance, whilst Hydra was in awe of this creature he wouldn't put others personal space behind his own desires. "Does it have a name?" He asked the frontliner... realising he had interrupted a conversation he quickly apologized "forgive my rudeness, I have just never seen anything like it before".

HAving been wandering for some time in starting City, the golden haired spear man found himself quite bored. He had generally used his time to either train, hunt, or drink up on Floor 7, however, recent events had brought him down to where it all began. As he meandered throughout the streets of the NPC rich city, his eye had caught a small little tavern. Pulling his mouth covering off his face, he took a deep breath of fresh air. Reaching out with his right hand, he opened the door to the tavern. It had been quite busy with a lot of people he had yet to meet, all except Takao. Who wouldn't know Takao from reputation alone, Lawfer had met him once before, but that was long before his sudden departure. Taking a window seat, he looked over to the youthful young man who had been serving the rest.

Making eye contact he smiled, "I'll have a coffee if you have some. If not, a cold glass of water please." He stated as he looked out the window. 'A lot has changed down here.' 

Hekima sighed and shrugged. The white-haired waiter had not wanted to have a friendly game of chess. Indeed, chess was not a competitive game. It was a game that allowed both sides a chance to get to know each other as they try their hardest to throw the other off the track. Through the game, many people become acquainted and through that, they become close friends, great allies and maybe even more. However, the white-haired waitress refused and stated that the tea was free for all.

"Free? What a bad decision. Doesn't bid well in terms of business does it?"

It was then that another player walked in and cleared his throat. Instinctively, Hekima looked over curiously and saw a brown haired man. Honestly, Hekima had not wanted to play a game of chess now that she found out that the tea here was free. However, when the waiter noted that the man was a front liner, Hekima's interests piqued. Of course, the blonde girl was not very familiar with the different players and hence, she must get to know a lot more players... Even though they may not like her attitude and personality, it was good for her to get to know some names and get her names to intrude the other's brains.

"Of course, front liner, how can I refuse a chess game from someone as important as you? Very well, Waiter, I request a cup of tea. Now, let us start." Hekima said, sitting down with glaring eyes.

Hekima had never been excellent at chess. However, she was extraordinarily smart. She knew the combinations and tactics that one could use in order to strike down the opposition and she was fully aware of all the defenses and possible traps. Yet, chess is a game of mind reading, and Hekima is unable to do that. Now that she began to play the game of chess, she is able to release her intelligence once more and strike down a challenger if the game allows it.

"I suggest you start, sir." 

Edited by Hekima

(Yes, I'm joining this thread simply to meet my alleged twinnie) 

She read the menu over and over. Hunie really had no intention of ordering anything at least at the moment. She just wanted to sit and relax somewhere. She picked a crowded place so she could feel like she was a part of something and it felt, safer. Bored of browsing the scrumptious items, she scanned the cafe for any familiar faces. She didn't know too many people at it was unlikely that any of them were here on the first floor again... But a minute to let her eyes rove and pin each unfamiliar face to search for familiarity wouldn't be that much of a pain. Someone ordering tea there... and cake here... a game of scrabble there and chess here... Her gaze froze in its track. That girl looked so similar to Hunie. Blonde hair were not all that common, they had similar features too. Hunie felt the urge to hide her face behind the menu again. For some reason this was very awkward. Hunie hadn't realised that her features were this common, perhaps because back in real life, she didn't get to venture out much. The blonde let her green eyes peep from behind the menu still staring...

This sure was weird. They looked so similar, that it would have been rather easy for anyone to mistake them for one another, especially in a darker set up. Then is struck Hunie, like a slap in her face. What if someone did? Hunie was always running from the shadow loving stalker who followed her around the game, especially in alleys and if she ever made the mistake of material gathering late into the evening. Her stalker seemed to know her from real life, but Hunie always felt like she was in danger because of him and maybe the group of cronies he seemed to have collected, since on more occasions than one, she'd heard more than one voice from the shadows. If nothing else, at least she should warn this girl, just because they looked alike, it could pose a threat... 

She slowly ambled her way to the table where she sat and another guy were engaged in a game of chess... Nervously, she said "Hi! I'm Hunie, may I join you? I'd love to watch a game of chess, I used to play a lot... back at home" That wasn't a lie, when she was younger, before she became a gamer, board games is what she used to keep herself occupied... 

Edited by Hunie

Hekima had just set up her board. Her eight pawns stood proudly on the front lines. Perhaps they were the most important chess pieces. They were the ones willing to sacrifice their lives up top while the rest of the cowards hid behind them. They are the true warriors and Hekima realizes that she, too, is just like them. She'll be the person in the front during a war. She'll be the person, calm, peaceful yet so fierce when engaged in combat. Someone so little but someone that makes a big impact overall. That shall be Hekima and she is a pawn... A proud pawn and eventually, she will be recognized as someone strong, stronger than the rest, able to break free of this world. 

Perhaps Hekima's goal in this game was not to escape. Maybe it was to be recognized. For power. Indeed, maybe she is selfish but obviously, most players in this game did of course want to be recognized for power. People in this game were power hungry and willing to kill for what they wanted. If the true objective of everyone in this game was to help and break free of this world... Then no conflicts would be held between unique skills. No conflicts about who to run boss fights... No suicidal attempts. This world is greedy... And one must remember that. Hekima thought. With a grin, she looked at the other player. What other people called a frontliner and smiled a rare smile. He was the first person that Hekima would interact with in this game... And all would begin with a double movement of the pawn.

Of course, that was when she was interrupted by some other gentle voice from behind her. When she turned around, she noticed that the girl, amazingly, had almost identical features to her. Her green eyes were the same shininess as hers, her blonde hair flying in air as she walked. Her mouth moving confidently as she talked. However, there was something different. When this girl talked, she talked with gentleness and kindness. Yet, Hekima's voice was different. She was determined and arrogant... Yet not arrogant in the same way as others would think. Hekima was a complicated woman. She did what she wants and nothing can stop her. Sure, she helps out others sometimes during grave situations, but she always puts herself in front of others. 

This might certainly become a big problem eventually. She was a tank, someone that shields others and she will do her best to fulfill her duty even though the barrier of her personality was placed between this fact. She will tank for people yet not out of kindness but rather out of duty and want for power. She was not liked by most people... Nor does she like others. Now, her story begins... And her story begins with a meeting with someone with quite a similar appearance as her, yet something was very different.

"Sure thing. Front liner... How about it? I see no harm in allowing her to join us."

Edited by Hekima

Takao enjoyed socializing, but very seldom relished attention being centered on him. He blinked as the white-haired waiter recognized him as one of the vanguard and proceeded to set a plate of food in front of the brunette. "Uh..." A glance was exchanged with his familiar before he inclined his head slightly. "...Well, thanks man!"

His main interest had moved away from food upon the idea of playing chess being planted in his head, so he set it aside for now. He had only just turned when another person approached him, this time asking about his familiar. "Oh, er. Yeah. This is Otoko." He said, casting a fleeting sidelong look to his familiar, who looked to be thoroughly uninterested in the attention. Takao took the plate and set it on a nearby table, gesturing toward it with his head. The wingless red dragon leapt from its perch and claimed the food for himself, earning a light chuckle from the brunette.

His attention finally settled onto the the chess board. The pieces were set up, and each one looked entirely foreign to him. There were times Takao had seen his Grandfather playing, but he never stayed long enough to grasp what their significance was. "Okay! Well-" Just as he'd started speaking, a nervous voice quieted him down. His attention settled on Hunnie as she requested to watch, and also claimed to have been a player.

"Actually, this works out pretty good I think, since I don't really even know how to play." He said. Another light chuckle rumbled in his chest, followed by a nonchalant smile. "My old man used to play it all the time and wanted to teach me, but we never got the chance, so I figured I'd try to learn." Takao grasped the seat of the chair and shuffled it aside, then pulled a chair from a nearby table to where he'd been sitting previously and gestured toward Hunnie to sit. "So how 'bout you play her instead, and I'll watch? That way I can learn a thing or two 'bout it."

Yuki walks into the tavern, and she walks past everyone. She sits down at the bar, and looks up at Sinful. Yuki came here to just relax, for once. Some players knew that she was a dangerous person, they sat far away from her. Most players would stay away from her because of her nick name, that a man gave her a while ago 'Mrs.lightning'. Yuki looks back down at the counter and just feels emptiness, and loneliness. Yuki has a blank face, no evil smirk or no smile. 

The other blonde referred to the man sitting opposite her as a Frontliner. Hunie wondered if that was just a nickname or if he was actually one of those brave few who had trudged up levels, worked extra hard to clear the levels and floors for all the others who were too scared to leave the Town of Beginnings. If he was indeed a Frontliner, it would definitely be brag worthy. She had met someone from a guild who she assumed was a Frontliner too, so it was safe to assume they occasionally would make rounds to the first floor. Her eyes glinted with admiration as she cast him a look, waiting for his approval to let her join the pair. The other blonde had started setting up the board and Hunie smiled as she recalled fond memories of playing against practically everyone in her family, in her mansion rather, because she had even played against the cooks and the maids... 

Hunie's irises were a slightly different hue than the girl setting up the game, Sophie had greener eyes, rather like the color of the sea, the other girls' seemed to be more on the bluish side. The other girl also sported slightly longer hair. Hunie carefully observed and mentally listed the differences between them. She awaited introductions as well as formal permission to join. The guy said that he didn't really no how to play and offered Hunie the opportunity to play against his opponent. Hunie leaped at the offer, briefly forgetting her polite manners. "Ah yes! I'd love a game!" Startling herself she piped down and looked at the guy from the corner of her eyes, maybe she shouldn't be so happy about him giving up his own chance to play for her.

"Erm... I'll be honored, we could play alongside each other if you'd like, I can explain the rules and moves to you as we go about the game..." Hunie said to the brown haired boy, offering a more inclusive solution, or at least one that sounded more collaborative. Upon closer inspection she noticed his green colored eyes. If you mix the color of their eyes up, you'd get exactly my shade she mused in her head, darting her gaze between their faces as if to confirm. Still poised over a third chair at the table, she waited for the other girl to decide if this new proposition was ok. More than anything her aim was to warn the girl about the guy who was stalking her, she'd have preferred to do this in private, but having another Frontliner know about this stalker on the loose, couldn't hurt. But she wanted to prove she was sane first, just walking up to them and blabbering about this guy wasn't going to work and she was sure of that. 

(OOC: Hek, I took the liberty of searching the name of your new FC to point out some differences between us, I hope that's ok. I believe she is called Kaori Miyazono? She seems to have grey-blue eyes as opposed to Hunie's green blue :)) 

Edited by Hunie

"Chess?" Sinful was perplexed as to why this girl wanted to challenge him, in his mind he knew he'd win but keeping his mask on would mean he'd need to lose. "O-Oh... Alright then." The white haired waiter seemed uncomfortable, almost as if he had a traumatic experience with chess. He then watched as she later decided to play with Hunie, a girl in similar appearance to her. "Phew..." Beads of sweat were visible from his forehead, this guy really did have a problem with chess. As soon as he saw the pawns, tears went rolling down his cheeks. Quickly, the white haired waiter wiped them off and put back on his normal face, but had a hint of sadness in his eyes. "Sorry about that, I just remember a few things from when I was a kid..."

He was so caught up with talking to Hekima that he forgot to serve the other customers. "Oh crap!" Hastily, he ran back to his station and started making drinks, cooking food, and serving them. He dropped by Lawfer's table and gave him exactly what he asked for, cold water but he also added a little extra something. That extra something was a cup of cold chrysanthemum tea that would taste sweet when drunk. "Hope you enjoy your tea sir." Many more customers were flooding in, he was moving like a demon serving all of them without even breaking a sweat. In the real world, he was a very popular waiter and normally received large tips from rich customers, jackpot.

Edited by Sinful

Lazarus was given some tea by this white haired waiter. "Sweet." He finished whatever food was in his mouth and took a sip of the tea, falling into a sweet paradise. "Sugar..." The candy man decided to do something very British by dipping chocolate cookies in the tea then eating them. "You are one sugary pal' y'know, how do ya' even make it like this?" Lazarus was fascinated from the taste, it mesmerized him into thinking he was in candy wonderland. He pulled out sixteen lollipops and stuffed them in his mouth while drinking the tea. The unhealthy amount of candy in his gob would make a certain person angry (@Ssendom).