[SP - F1] Time to sew <<Earning a Living>>

Waking up in the morning, Allania thought to herself - while looking down at her clothing - that it is about time to kit herself out some more. To get some light armour, new clothes the works. Looking in her inventory all she can see is her clothes that she currently has equipped, her dagger, some food and water, but no Col. Mumbling to herself "This is going to be a bit difficult, I can't buy a thing", "it's little different from my actual life, so I guess I'm going to have to make it myself.

First things first, I need to gather some materials. With this in mind Allania set off for the edge of the Town of Beginning, not wanting to travel far in fear of running into Boars, they may be this world's equivalent of a slime, but they're still deadly to a level 1 scrub such as I. Exiting the gate of the town, Allania begins to search the nearby area for any scraps of fur from any animals killed recently. After a while of looking, being unsuccessful in finding any scraps Allania moved on.

ID# 51641 results:

Loot: 8

Edited by Allania

Thinking that straying this far from the town was a tad dangerous, Allania headed closer to it. Instead of searching for scraps of animal - trying to rely on others carelessness in looting beasts - she decided to try and gather materials from plants. After wandering around for a while, searching for plants from her memory, few of which seemed to turn up in this world, she managed to find a cotton plant with some cotton still on it. Picking the cotton and adding it to her inventory, Allania moved on.

ID# 51642 results:

Loot: 20

+1 mat

Edited by Allania

Deciding to take a short break, thinking to herself that searching for these materials is harder than I thought it would be, she decided to sit herself down against a tree at the edge of town, overlooking the vast plains in front of her. "How could this place be deemed a prison?", she thought, "It's so beautiful. One day I want to meet the creator and thank him for giving me this world to explore". After about an hour of resting, watching players run about on the plains ahead of her, she decided it was time to get back to work. So Allania stood up, brushing herself down and headed off to find more materials.

Edited by Allania

Thinking to herself that harvesting plants will be much more safe than any form of animal until she is stronger. So walking close to the wall of the town, searching for any sort of plant that looked like it could be of any use. After about half an hour of searching Allania decided to move along to another part of the wall. Muttering to herself as she went at her bad fortune thus far in this world, but that would not stop her.

ID# 51644 results:

Loot: 6

Edited by Allania

Sighing to herself after another half an hour of searching to no avail. "After that cotton plant I've come across nothing of use", Allania thought to herself. Looking at the sun in the sky, seeing that it is still fairly high in the sky but is on it's way to setting, Allania thought "I'll search for a bit longer, I don't want to be outside the town when night falls, who knows what it's like out here".

ID# 51646 results:

Loot: 11

Edited by Allania

With that last thought in her head, Allania moved on from that section of the wall to the next. She had a fairly good system going now, deciding to just skim the outside of the wall of the Town, searching for any scraps of material or plants to harvest. In this new section, Allania was rummaging around in the grass, looking for any scraps of material, managing to find a scrap of Boar hide, pocketing this sche continued.

ID# 51648 results:

Loot: 15

+1 mat.

Edited by Allania

Feeling quite content having gathered 2 materials this day, Allania thought to herself "Hmm... I think I'll try to get a third material before the sun sets". Thinking this and then looking at the sun that was a fair way to the horizon now, Allania set of with rejuvenated vigour. Deciding to double check this area of the wall before moving on to the next, rummaging through the grass in doing so. Sadly Allania was unable to find anything, but that did not deter her motivation.

ID# 51657 results:

Loot: 6

Edited by Allania

Thinking it was time to move on from this area of the wall, Allania moved another 100 or so meters along it and started to search. Rummaging through the grass, Allania felt that she had found something, only to reveal that it was just a knotted up piece of grass, nothing that could be used to craft with. Somewhat miffed that she had been so unsuccessful thus far, Allania soldiered on, not wanting to give up on the clothes she wanted to make. Just thinking of the possibilities kept her going.

ID# 51658 results:

Loot: 8

Edited by Allania

Rummaging through the undergrowth, searching for scraps of material. Sitting and staring at plants, hoping they have some sort of useful material. But to no avail, Allania was unable to find anything of use at this section of the wall. Once again looking at the sky, and noting the proximity of the sun to the horizon, Allania decided to search for just a short while longer, before returning to the Town.

ID# 51660 results:

Loot: 2

Edited by Allania

Thinking to herself that maybe she hasn't been able to find anything yet due to her proximity to the wall, Allania stopped and looked out into the plains. She spotted, a short distance off, a few thickets and bushes. Thinking to herself that she should be safe if she goes there, Allania wandered over the said foliage and began searching once again, rummaging through the plants, but once again was unsuccessful.

ID# 51662 results:

Loot: 13

Edited by Allania

Still rummaging through this foliage, Allania for the life of her could not find a single material that could be of use to her. Not a single sign nor scrap of anything. Mumbling to herself "These things take time, you can't just be the best in a day", Allania calmed down and thought more rationally. "So, there is about enough time for 2-3 more search attempts before it gets fully dark, so I shall try my best, see how it goes and then just make do".

ID# 51663 results:

Loot: 13

Edited by Allania

Due to her short pep talk, Allania got back to work, moving from bush to bush in search of materials, thinking to herself "There'll be one here". A short while after this thought had popped into her head she found a small plant hidden among the foliage, noting that it was harvestable, Allania set about doing just that. Moving towards the plant, Allania picked it clean of any useful resources, putting them into her inventory. 

ID# 51665 results:

Loot: 17

+1 mat

Edited by Allania

Thinking to herself "I have time to search about twice more I'd say". With this in mind Allania moved over to the next shrubbery, looking down at it she noticed what looked quite obviously like a material of some sort. Picking at the shrubbery yielded Allania yet another material. Thinking to herself again "Wow, it was quite a good idea to come over to this patch, 2 materials in a row!!", as she added the material to her pouch.

ID# 51666 results:

Loot: 19

+1 mat

Edited by Allania

Looking towards the horizon, seeing that the Sun was soon to set but as not quite there, Allania decided that - as this was to mark the first day on the road to being self-sufficient - she would go up to the wall and sit there, watching the Sun set. So in short time, Allania had covered the distance to the wall, sitting down with her back resting on it. Looking out at the horizon Allania could not help but marvel at the beauty of this world. The sun touching the horizon, sending rays of golden orange streaking across the sky, tinging the clouds with its warm colour. Looking up to see the golden rays slowly blend into the darker navy of the rest of the sky. It was astonishing.

Edited by Allania

After watching the Sun set fully, thinking how blessed she was to be here. In this world. While some may call it a prison, a game of just death. Allania saw it as freedom, true freedom. Freedom to be and make yourself into anything your heart desire. 

With this happy thought in mind, Allania picked herself up from the ground, brushing off any dirt and debris that may have got on her. Smiling she wandered towards the gates of the Town, heading to its safety, so as not to be at risk during the night.

Edited by Allania

Waking up the following morning, Allania looked into her inventory, "I managed to gather 4 whole materials yesterday" she exclaimed with joy. Now all she needed to do was to figure out how to actually craft these. After a short while searching within her menu to see if she could find it, being unsuccessful, Allania decided that the best course of action would be to go find someone that could teach her how to craft these things. So set off in search of a pre-existing tailors.

After about an hour of walking around aimlessly in the Town, having no idea what to look for or where to actually go, Allania stopped an NPC on the side of the road to ask for directions. Walking up to this person, Allania said "Hello there my friend, I was wondering if you would perchance be able to guide me to the nearest tailors in this fine town?".

Looking up at this girl walking towards and and greeting him, Landrar responded with a cheerful "Ahh, you must be one of the new people here, I am Landrar by the way, and it would be my pleasure", saying this Landrar motioned for the girl to follow him. As he walked Landrar asked "And what, may I ask, is your name my dear adventurer?".

Replying with a smile "My bad, my name is Allania, I have just recently joined and am wanting to get into tailoring, I've gathered some materials but have not a clue how to craft them into something".

Chuckling in response to what Allania said, Landrar spoke "It is a common issue among budding new adventurers in these parts, so I'm more than happy to help".

After a short while travelling, the pair stopped in front of a building, with a sign hanging out from it of a needle and thread.

"Here we are," Landrar spoke as he turned to Allania, "it may not be much but it's one of the tailors in this town, my personal favourite one to be truthful".

Looking up at the sign, Allania thought it was a tad cliche, but it was a nice design, well painted and the sign was in a good state, indicating that the owner took care in the shop. Lowering her gaze to look at Landrar Allania said "A thank you kind sir for guiding me to this shop, I should be fine from here on out but you are more than welcome to accompany me inside". 

Turning to gaze at the shop for a moment,  "I probably shouldn't, I usually end up ordering something every time I go into there, and I am somewhat short on cash for the time being, so I shall leave you to it" Landrar said. Before waving goodbye and walking off towards the crowd. He heard the girl Allania call "thank you" as he walked . Raising his hand in response, acknowledging the girls thanks.

Opening the door, to the sound of a bell jingling. Allania peered inside to see a comfortable shop inside. Small but cozy. A small fireplace off to one side, built into the wall and in front of her a long counter dividing the room into two sections, one -where Allania was - being significantly larger than the other. Walking towards the counter, past the articles of clothing on a rack on the other side of the room to the fireplace, Allania looked at the counter and saw a small bell, dinging it and then waiting patiently.