[SP - F1] Time to sew <<Earning a Living>>

Hearing the sound of the doorbell, shortly after being followed by the bell at the counter, Zandre the Tailor rushed out of the backroom to greet the customer at the counter, to be greeted by a blond haired girl, with brown eyes, smiling to herself while looking at the bell with intrigue. Calling out gently so as not to startle her, Zandre said "Hello there, how may I help you?".

Hearing a voice call out to her, Allania was broken free from her own little world of intrigue at the bell. Looking up Allania saw a middle aged man, of medium build, with brown hair and eyes, and a face that felt warm and welcoming. Responding with a smile, Allania said "Ahh, my bad, I got lost in this wonderful bell of yours. I'm actually here to inquire about how I actually craft. Yesterday I went out of the Town in search of materials, to craft myself some clothes" Opening her inventory to show the 4 materials there. "But have not the faintest of clues on how to use them to make stuff".

Edited by Allania

"You must be a new adventurer in these lands" Zandre said kindly, "It would be my pleasure to pass on the trade to you, so that one day you could help to clothe the world, making anything from plushies to light armour for your friends. It is a wonderful craft".

"Thank you so much," Allania responded with excitement. She'd finally be able to craft things for herself! With glee Allania asked "I can't wait". Stopping herself and then thinking for a moment "Erm... how much would you like in compensation for this service?" Allania asked timidly, dreading the response.

Smiling at the girl, Zandre responded softly "You have compensated me enough, I may be only middle age, but I feel like I'm getting on in my year. It has been an utter delight to see you so excited and have such joy to learn the art of tailoring that I am happy to just teach you how to do it. And hope that one day you can pass it on to another adventurer who is much like yourself now".

Sliding open a door in the counter, Zandre motioned for Allania to follow him through into the back room of the shop.

Following Zandre into the backroom, Allania saw a small narrow staircase off in one corner and several desks lining the wall.

"This is where I craft my wares and clothes, it is quite small and humble, so I hope you don't feel disdain towards it".

"It seems so nice and cozy!" Allania exclaimed, just a tad too loudly, due to being unable to contain her excitement when it came to finally learning how to make things. "So, how should I start?" Allania asked, turning to Zandre.

Zandre, with a boyish grin on his face from the enthusiasm of his pupil, started to lecture Allania on how to craft clothes, gesticulating in the process to help emphasise his point. Pausing every so often to make sure Allania was understanding all that was going one and was still interested. To his delight of which she was, sitting at the edge of her seat, leaning forward with wide eyes listening to every word and nodding now and then. 

Finishing the lesson after about an hour or two of talking, Zandre asked if Allania was ready to give it a go. To which she responded with a fervent nod.

"Okay, so just like I said."

Ready to give it a go, Allania got out her first material, attempting to craft into a dress of some sort, but to no avail. Losing the material in the process.

ID# 51670 results:

Craft: 5

Loot: 3

-1 mat

Edited by Allania

Looking down at the mess in her hands Allania sighed. She had been so excited to make something yet failed on her first try yet again.

Zandre looked at Allania, "Don't worry miss, it's okay, every has to fail at some point int heir career, you were close this time as well. You said how you had 4 materials, so you should have 3 more, so why don't you give it another go?".

Thinking to herself, he's right, this is just my first attempt, it's not indicative of how I shall be in the future, I shall just have to give it another go. With that Allania got out another material to attempt to craft another dress.

After a short while, working at this dress. Allania stood up and looked back at the perfect creation in front of her. It was beautiful. She loved it.

Allania was so over the moon with joy that she started to jump about a bit at her success.

ID# 51671 results:

Craft: 12

Loot: 15

-1 mat

Edited by Allania

Looking down at the dress that Allania had crafted Zandre felt joy, he had passed on his trade to the next generation, and hopefully they shall do the same. Smiling with delight he spoke "Well done Allania, you have made a wonderful dress, treasure it, as it may be the first of many to come, but this one is special".

Nodding with glee, Allania held up the dress in her hands and looked at it some more, then brought it to her chest and hugged it tightly. "I've managed it, my first dress!!!" She thought. Turning to Zandre, Allania asked "Do you have anywhere that I could change into it?"

With a smile on his face, Zandre pointed Allania to a small curtained of section of the room in the corner "Over there".

"Thank you" Allania responded with a nod, getting up and going into the area, changing into the dress and returning shortly. "I love it!!". Then looking down at the dress with fondness, then at Zandre. Allania went back to get changed into her original clothes, coming out and handing the dress to Zandre. "This is for you, I want you to keep it in memory of this" Allania said with a sad smile.

Seeing Allania hand him the dress Zandre felt joy, stretching out his hand and accepting the dress with a smile. "Thank you, my dear. I shall treasure it."

Edited by Allania