[PP - F14] The Bone Zone! <<The Lich's Calling>> (Lowenthal & Mack)

This would be his first time travelling to the fourteenth floor and as such the young knight wasn't exactly sure what to expect. For the most part, the trend in Aincrad thus far was to have each new floor be in a progressively less welcoming state than the last. This one would be no exception it seems. Exiting the warp plaza, Seul wasn't even sure if the outpost qualified as a town. In contrast to the starting city's amazing buildings, this place was only littered with small tents and looked like something out of a fantasy movie. Outside lied the craggy wasteland; a place that looked like it would tear apart any players who weren't properly prepared. "How do I get myself into these situations...?" He would mumble before strolling off to explore.

---

Walking around proved to be more insightful than he originally imagined it'd be. Apparently the floor had a richer lore too it than some of the other ones and there were even crazy doomsday theorists wandering about. "THE END IS NEAR! REPENT!" The words captured not only his, but the attention of several other players in the area and some NPCs. He joined the crowd soon after only to see an elderly man wrapped in a dark green cloak calling out to anyone within earshot.

"He's at it again..."

"Yeah, isn't this fifth time this week?"

"FOOLS! The Lich King has a special place for all of us in his bone zone~! Better get used to not having any skin! Kehehehehe!"

The final words of the elderly man were the most confusing. But before he could pursue the topic further the man ran off, leaving behind many questions and thankfully a quest HUD. It seemed simple enough from the description, but there was no way Seul would be doing it alone.

To: Lowenthal, Mack | Subject: Quest Help

Hey guys. I just learned about the existence of a field boss on the 14th floor. I'd appreciate it if you two could lend me a hand with the fight. I'll be waiting by the warp plaza in Stonewall if you want to help.

-Seul

Edited by Seul

Mack looked up from his smithing when he received a notification that he had a new personal message. Swiping the air in front of him with a finger, he pulled up the message and quickly scanned through it. Apparently, Seul had found a new quest up on fourteen that needed doing. So much the better. That would mean extra skill points and experience, which were always in high demand. Tapping the reply button, Mack sent a three word reply to Seul. 'On my way.' Closing down the forge, the gigantic smith made his way to the portal plaza in Snowfrost Town and, from there, he teleported to Stonewall where he found Seul quickly enough. "So, what do we know about the quest," Mack asked, wasting no time with polite greetings. There was a job to get done, so it was all business.

Lowenthal materialized from the shadows, beside Mack and Suel. The black wisps of shadow peeled away from his body, revealing his KotBO uniform. "Hey, sorry I'm late. What's this about a field boss?" Lowenthal asked, his hand stuffed into his pockets. He hadn't had adventures with Mack, or Suel. He had no idea how either one would act, or what they're strategies would be. Lowenthal would just target the biggest thing, and then proceed to melt it's HP down to nothing in a few mere attacks. "So, let's get a move on. Walk and talk." Lowenthal said, wanting to get the quest done as fast as possible.

He would simply greet them both with a wave before starting a casual stroll toward the settlement's gate. Like him they seemed eager for mission, so without any further delays he began to unload any information that he managed to gather. "Well, apparently there's this boss known as the 'Lich King' which likes to cause trouble on this floor. It spawns alongside a few of his undead underlings on a road that leads to some important castle around these parts. We'll probably know the place when we see it, but the only requirement for completion is that we take down the boss. As a whole, the fight shouldn't be too difficult if we play things smart."

"Lowenthal," Mack rumbled, raising a hand in greeting. He and the former leader of the Velvet Room had certainly had their differences in the past. But now they were on the same side and in the same guild. The oddity of that, given that a few months ago Mack had suggested both a merger with the Velvet Room and then an alliance with them, was not lost on Mack. Both that meeting, and a subsequent duel between himself and Lowenthal, had caused some friction between the two of them. "Time to bury the hatchet, no hard feelings on my end... and I quite agree, Seul walk and talk." With everyone in agreement, the group set off with Seul explaining everything he knew about the quest.

"Straightforward, I like it," Mack rumbled. There wouldn't be much of a need for fancy strategy. See enemy. Kill enemy. Quick and clean, the way the soldier liked things. "Speaking of playing things smart, I assume I'm to act as the tank? I don't have any typical tank skills, except a high damage mitigation and health regen. I can tank, but you'll have to let me land a few hits first."