??? (Nickname: Yurei)

(Forewarning: For personal reasons, I would like to be able to trust that players will not look into the 'MEO' or 'Mod Eyes Only' spoilers. My aim is to keep as much of my character secret, both IC and OOC, until a point where I want to reveal details. Thank you.)

Username: MEO -

Spoiler

Lucina

Referred to as 'Yurei' by players.

Spoiler

Lucy-Andrea Light

Spoiler

Spoiler

Female

Height: 5'8"

History: MEO -

Spoiler

Lucy was always one to keep to the shadows and hide secrets from people. Hell, her parents, those that took care of her, didn't even know anything she did, nor did they honestly care. "She does as she wishes, as long as she doesn't harm herself or risk her life." was their motto. Some caring parents. Ever since she was young she would play online games - never anything offline - and completely disguise her character; concealing armour, never voice chatting, never partying or friending players, and never staying in one place long enough for people to view her profile. Over the years she learned how to conceal her identity and proved scarily proficient at it, able to trick people into thinking one thing, shutting them down the next, then rebuilding their suspicions afterwards. She kept people in a cycle, constantly unsure of what was right and wrong about her.

Her major target was Sword Art Online. When she heard it was coming out, she was ready to mess with more minds. For once in her life she smiled; a very sinister, cruel smile, but a smile nonetheless. However, due to the nature of SAO being a VRMMO... her plans had to change. While in other games she was able to create an anonymous name in chat, SAO did not allow that freedom; messages and voice were the only two methods of communication, unless she managed to get her hands on a notepad of some sort.

When the game came out, a friend of hers, the only person apart from her parents who actually knew her real identity, pirated the game from her own copy and passed it to her, revealing that malicious grin once more. "Link Start." She spoke into the headset with a cruel tone, rubbing her hands together greedily.

For all eyes:

Spoiler

(Recorded via Recording Crystal during an interview with a terrified player, roughly a week after 'Yurei' was stuck in SAO)
SAO Journalist: So, tell me what you saw.
Player:  I-I was scared, man... that's what I'm gonna say first up... i-it was someone... in a red cloak... w-with claws on their hands...
SAO Journalist: Where did you see this cloaked masquerader?
Player: I-I was out in the field, fightin' some monsters... and I-I didn't even see him, or her, comin'... let alone hear them... one minute I was standin' up... next I was on my ass, missin' my belt!
SAO Journalist: Did they commit any severe act of violence against you?
Player: N-no, they used a loophole in the system and made it think they 'accidentally' bumped into me... so no, they ain't gonna be Orange, if that's what you gonna ask... they did leave a nasty tear in my shirt though, as though attempting to attack me but thinking better about it...
SAO Journalist: Have you seen the shrouded character since?
Player: No... they're out there somewhere, I'm sure of it. T-they're waitin' for some other poor sod to cross their path.
SAO Journalist: Thank you. That will be all.
---
Coincidentally, research was conducted on the character known as 'Yurei' the same week this was recorded. However, no information was found; a fake name was supplied, an email created from an initially unknown IP was used... in other words, whoever the player is has hidden their identity intricately. However, some clues have been picked up. The IP the fake email was created from is actually a coffee store around the Tokyo area in Japan. Supposedly, Yurei visited this store regularly, but the owner claims to not remember his customers. Further research will be conducted, because if their body isn't recovered... they will die from malnourishment.

Virtues:

Spoiler

Sly:

"Watch them try and catch me..."

As we have seen so far, Yurei has an uncanny knack for covering up his (placeholder pronoun until a later point) identity. He seems to be adept at all forms of stealth and subterfuge, at least online and in-game. This makes it hard for players to pin down his real gender, age and intentions, as he leaves as quickly as he appears.

Intelligent: 

"This plan's foolproof."

Yurei is witty and knows exactly how to escape pursuers. He seems to have a tactical mind, as well as knowledge of how to ambush players. This is threatening to the players of SAO, providing a danger that may lurk in the shadows, likely ending with some lost items and, if the player meets the bad roll of the dice, a lost life.

Merciful: 

"Hmm... no point in killing him... yet."

Supposedly, Yurei shows mercy to those he attacks. Although this does prevent him from becoming orange, it also shows that he has no intention of slaying another player... at least not yet. There is also the fact that, even if he does let players leave, they end up with at least one piece of equipment, most often a belt or necklace, going missing from their person.

Flaws:

Spoiler

Secluded: 

"I don't want anything to do with these people..."

Yurei separates himself from everyone, occasionally making an appearance to attack or steal something from a player. Because of this, it is a hurdle to find useful information on the cloaked player. Maybe if a player could bait him out, information could be revealed.

Secretive: 

"They know my nickname. I wish them luck in discovering my username."

Yurei does nothing that may risk revealing his real username or gender; he never messages, never speaks, never joins in Guild affairs. He doesn't even let himself stay close to another player long enough to inspect his profile. He seems to act on instinct with this, likely having been experienced in the field of covering his identity in the past.

Persistent: 

"That ring is mine..."

If Yurei wants something, he will get it, one way or another. It seems he will not kill for such thing, however, or at least prefers not to. This may be viewed as a virtue, but in his case it is a flaw, as it causes him to attack players often to take their items.

Profession: None

Skills:
Non-combat:
»

Passive:
» Sneak and Hide
Points Used: 5

Combat:
»

Weapon skills:
»

Used SP: 5
Unused: 0
Total: 5

Inventory:
Weapons/Tools:
» Basic Talons (Wild Dance): A set of claws that is worn along the fingers, much like the talon of a bird. Decent for low levels, but becomes useless later on.

Cloth Clothing (Red): Basic clothing. Offers no protection whatsoever.

Red Tattered Cloak: A red, tattered cloak that Yurei wears. Much like his clothing, it offers no physical protection, but does cover up his appearance, creating the controversy about his real gender.

10 Bread, 15 Water

Roleplays

Spoiler

Solo - Ghost - In Progress

Relationships

The voices inside my head~

Col Transactions:
I'm telling you, this isn't your purse.

Edited by Yurei

Denied

• Include Username, Real Name, Age, and Gender
  • Expand on Virtues
  • Expand on history to be about your character's backstory.

If you wish to role play your character out in the 'unknown' way, you may only AFTER a journal in the correct form is created. Once it is updated, or if you have any questions, please feel free to PM me, or any other member of staff.