[PP - F5] The Climb, Pt.1 (Mack)

ID: 53112
BD: 9 + 3(ACC)
LD: 17 + 2(Vitamins) + 3(Hands of Midas)

Takao: 185/185 (11/45) [Sword Art: Sharp Nail 1*6*22=132 DMG] (13 Base + 4 Charge + 3 Damage Crystal + 1 Alcoholic)

Kobold Thief 9 -7/100 (Mit. 25) [132-25=107 DMG]
Kobold Thief 10 -7/100 (Mit. 25) [132-25=107 DMG]
Kobold Thief 11 -7/100 (Mit. 25) [132-25=107 DMG]
Kobold Thief 12 -7/100 (Mit. 25) [132-25=107 DMG]

3/15 Remaining

"Puns, maps, and dungeons. Quite the skill set I'm totin'." He said, sniggering to himself. Takao dismissed the thought with a shake of his head and audible exhale, allowing himself to refocus on the task at hand. "I'm surprised these things are as easy to find as they've been so far. When I first learned about them, I was told they were meant to be pretty well hidden. Maybe we've just been lucky. I'll pass on the boots this time around though. If I need to recover energy quick, I'll use a consumable." His voice echoed throughout the sandstone cave, alerting four more monsters to the duo's presence. Unfortunately for the quartet, Takao had seen them long before they did. As each of the four leapt from the shadows in a failed attempt to surprise him, Takao utilized a single sword art to cut them down. "Alright, boss room's just up ahead here. There's a few more hangin' out in front."

Total Rewards:

(+8)24 Mats - Takao
(+4000)10000 Col

"Suit yourself," Mack rumbled, tapping the boots once to return them to his inventory. He couldn't force Takao to wear the things, or at least, he couldn't force Takao to wear them without putting in considerably more effort into the task than it was work. Even as the gigantic blacksmith was storing the items safely away in his inventory once again, Takao was making short work of yet another batch of Kobolds. At this rate it wasn't going to be too much longer before they had completely cleared out the path to the Boss Room. Then it would be Mack's turn to get to knocking heads while Takao recovered from the exertion of clearing out all the would be trap monsters. "And, I don't think luck has anything to do with it. The dungeons I've found with you are some of the only dungeons I've ever found and you certainly make it look a lot easier than I do."

ID: 53115
BD: 7 + 3(ACC)
LD: 7 + 2(Vitamins) + 3(Hands of Midas) + 3(Search & Detect)

Takao: 185/185 (0/45) [Sword Art: Sharp Nail 1*6*22=132 DMG] (13 Base + 4 Charge + 3 Damage Crystal + 1 Alcoholic)

Kobold Thief 13 -7/100 (Mit. 25) [132-25=107 DMG]
Kobold Thief 14 -7/100 (Mit. 25) [132-25=107 DMG]
Kobold Thief 15 -7/100 (Mit. 25) [132-25=107 DMG]
Kobold Thief 16 -7/100 (Mit. 25) [132-25=107 DMG]

0/15 Remaining

"Well, if anybody asks we'll say it was all skill, yeah?" He said, a light chuckle rumbling in his chest as he continued to walk. Finding the dungeons wasn't necessarily difficult, especially not with the ability to see directly through solid walls. Entrances were clear as day and stuck out against the rest of the environment, that much was clear. But given the rewards that the dungeons boasted, it wasn't uncommon for the instances to simply be gone before they ever arrived. So perhaps there wasn't as much luck involved in finding them as there was in being the first to arrive. Momentarily refocusing on the task at hand, Takao engaged the last four enemies that were standing guard outside the door. A simple sword art and three swings later, and the four beasts were slain. "Phew, alright. You're up."

Total Rewards:

(+4)28 Mats - Takao
(+2000)12000 Col

Edited by Takao

https://i.warosu.org/data/tg/img/0263/54/1375305791440.png

ID: 53115
BD: 1
MD: 8
CD: 6 (Regen Activates)

Takao: 185/185 (0/45) 
Mack: 141/141 (32/34) [55-74=1 DMG] [54 Regen]
Kobold Warlord: 350/350 (DMG 55)

"Well, this one's a lot smaller than the Balrog. You going to tell me what's in there?" Without really waiting for Takao to answer, Mack clapped him on the back. "Don't worry little bard buddy, I got this one," With that, Mack took a charging run into the door and slammed through it like the Kool-Aid man. One the other side of the simple door a Kobold Warlord sat in a very crude throne and in armor that was, frankly, fairly mismatched. Still, the boss' hit point number was fairly impressive. It was no Balrog, but still. As the gigantic axe man went tearing towards the Kobold he suddenly tripped over his own feet and came to a skidding stop at the Kobold's feet. "Hey, I'm Mack... huge fan." The Kobold retaliated by stabbing the soldier straight through the gut. Mack glanced at his health points as he got to his feet. They hadn't even changed since regeneration had kicked in. "If it hits you it's going to be mildly annoying!"

Edited by Mack

"Where's the fun in that?" Takao said as he shouldered the flat of his sword, watching Mack charge for the door. "It's kinda like a birthday present, y'know. Wouldn't wanna ruin the surprise!" A low inward laugh left his lungs as his militant companion smashed the door to pieces upon entry. He observed the engagement from the threshold, applauding as sarcastically as he could when Mack fumbled and tripped before the monster. Could somebody even applaud sarcastically? Probably not, but he tried anyway. A sharp whistle left his mouth as he clapped, followed by a short fit of laughter. "Ayy batta batta, swing!"

- -

» ID : [[ 53151 ]]
» LD : [[ 19 (11 + 2(Vitamins) + 3(Hands of Midas) + 3(Search&Detect)) ]]

+1 Material

Edited by Takao

OOC: Takao... not one word...

ID: 53164
BD: 1
MD: 4
CD: 3 (No Regen)

Mack: 140/141 (31/34) 
Kobold Warlord: 350/350 (DMG 55)

"Your wish, oh mighty bard, is my command," Mack rumbled, getting to his feet and launching a wild backhanded swing with Invictus towards the Kobold Warlord. The swing was absolutely all power, no finesse, and even less aim. In fact, one might say it was too much power. On the follow through from the attack Invictus went sailing backwards, the weapon traveling in a majestic arc, before it clattered to the ground and slid back out through the doorway to skid to a stop at Takao's feet. "Not one word," was about all that could be made out from the blistering string of expletives that the ginger giant threw out at having fumbled, twice, in trying to deal with the Kobold Warlord. "Throw it back," the soldier roared, lunging to one side to avoid the Warlord's swing with his nodachi.

Takao's arms folded at his chest as he watched Mack launch at the Kobold Warlord again, only to be disarmed by his own overly ambitious strike. Green eyes cast their gaze downward as the ax slid to a stop just short of the threshold, then returned to the "Not one word? Alright, how 'bout more than one word?" Takao said as he stepped over the ax and lifted the handle onto the toe of his boot. He kicked it up into his grasp, certain stat perimeters allowing, and caught it in his hand. The gigantic weapon was much larger than he himself was, so the throw required him to pivot on his foot and utilize the momentum of a spin to fire it in Mack's direction. "You're supposed to be hittin' him! 'n this is boss numero uno, too."

ID: 53220
BD: 8 [Dynamic Violence: 4x3x13=156] -12 ENG
MD: 8 
CD: 12 (Regen Activates)

Mack: 141/141 (20/34) [55-74=1 DMG] (+54 Regen)
Kobold Warlord: 194/350 (DMG 55)

The whole of Mack's attention was focused on the armored Kobold Warlord and his weapon. Mack knew, from stories he had heard at least, that it was possible to have limbs hacked off in battle. Provided you survived the fight, he assumed that the digital limbs grew back. Still, the humongous axe man thought it might be tough to use a two handed weapon with only one hand. That was just simple logic. Consequently, he didn't see Takao lob Invictus his way until the haft of the weapon clunked off the back of his head. "Thanks, sound advice as always," Mack called, stooping to retrieve his weapon even as the Kobold swung the nodachi into his back. This time, the regenerative capabilities of the ginger man's gear kicked in and Mack's health points shot back to full.

"My turn," Mack growled, swinging wildly at the Kobold even as Dynamic Violence activated. The sheer force of the overly violent swing generated a shock wave that staggered the boss Kobold. There was a great deal of swearing as Invictus bit into both sides of the Kobold's rib cage just before Mack tomahawked his weapon into the creature's skull. 

A wry grin worked its way onto his face as he watched the ax soar and cleave off a portion of his head. Terrible and grody in concept, but he couldn't help but find some humour in it. After all, it was only a section of his head covered in white lattice against a background of orange. It might have even matched the colour of his hair-- hardly noticeable. The brunet reached a hand over his shoulder and hefted the blade from its scabbard, the quiet rasp of metal against wood drowned out by the sounds of battle not too far from him. "Nice hit," He commented from the sidelines, feeling his fatigue wash away as the system restored his energy. "Better be careful though, I might nab the last punch."

ID: 53237
BD: 6 (5+1 Concentration) [Concentration 5/5] [Dynamic Violence: 4x3x13=156] -12 ENG
MD: 10 
CD: 6 (Regen Activates)

Mack: 141/141 (9/34) [55-74=1 DMG] (+54 Regen)
Kobold Warlord: 38/350 (DMG 55)

"Not if I have anything to do with it," Mack growled in a low tone, not knowing and not caring if Takao heard him or not as the swordsman warned him to look out lest he beat the ginger giant to the punch for eliminating the dungeon's boss monster. Mack dearly wanted the kill, but he somehow suspected that Takao was probably right about the whole getting the last hit in. Ripping Invictus free from the Kobold Warlord's skull, Mack proceeded to ram the wickedly sharp bearded head of the axe into the creature's skull time and time and time again, knowing that if they were in the real world the Kobold would already be dead. The Kobold, for his part, was not a fan of the onslaught and swung into an inelegant, but effective, baseball-like swing that launched Mack backwards. The giant axe man rolled and tumbled all the way back out through the door to flop at Takao's feet. "You know, this is embarrassing... care to finish him off?"

ID: 53235
BD: 4 + 3(ACC)

Takao: 185/185 (44/46) [Sword Art: Snake Bite 2*1*21=44 DMG] (13 Base + 4 Charge + 3 Damage Crystal + 1 Alcoholic)
Mack: 141/141 (9/34)
Kobold Warlord: -6/350 (DMG 55)

"This is really beyond my pay grade as a bard," Takao said, clicking his tongue and shaking his head. "But I guess I'll clean up your mess." Trying and failing to suppress his urge to laugh, Takao hopped over Mack and hoisted his blade across his shoulders. The steel shone bright purple with the usage of a low level sword art, and with the accompanying charge skill, the brunet leapt forward and closed the short distance between the threshold and the monster itself. Soil crunched under the soles of his boots as he slid to a stop and unleashed the sword skill unto the beast, slamming his sword through its left shoulder before turning and tearing back up through its right. The force of the blow lifted the monster from the ground and into the air, promptly bursting into pixels as its health reached zero. "Alright then. One down."

Thread Rewards

28 Materials
12000 Col (Monsters)
400 Col
1SP

Dungeon Rewards

3SP
1260 Col = (5+8(LD/S&D) + 5(Floor#) * 70)

TOTAL REWARDS

28 Materials (Mack)
13460 Col (Mack)
200 Col (Takao)
4SP (Mack/Takao)