[OP-F1] First Steps...

(TAKES PLACE BEFORE THE ANNOUNCEMENT THAT SAO IS A DEATH GAME.)

"Link start.." those were the only words she could recall saying before everything turned pitch black.. After that it was all just a mystery.. what had happened and how she had gotten here.

Miya's crystalline blue eyes fluttered open slowly. She winced as the blinding sun had hit her face directly. She rubbed her eyes before letting out a jagged sigh. "Time to check thy surroundings I guess.." she mentally said before getting back up to her feet.

There were tall and wide building everywhere. scattered all over the place.. and too many people for Miya to handle. She shriveled at the fact she was all alone while all the others giggled and talked without a single care in the world.. an she was all alone.

She raised her palm for a few seconds before a menu appeared.

Username:

Cia

Level: 1

Level 1.. a nobody's level it seemed.

Miaki was wondering around the immediate area from where he logged in. He was trying his hardest to take everything in. Everything was surreal to him. The large buildings of the <> were scattered about with an architecture styles that he knew he saw in a textbook but couldn't remember for his life what the style was called. He wished his real life friends could see all of this and experience it with him. The atmosphere was buzzing with life and he started to question whether he could possibly get overstimulated by everything. He decided to take this moment and check out his map and think of what he would do first. Look around the plaza he spotted an empty bench that was a little out of the way and was a little distant from the mass groups of players. He walked over to it and sat down.

"Wow. Everything seems so real." He surveyed his surrounds, completely forgetting that he was going to open up his map. He took a deep breath of everything and leaned back on the bench, watching all the groups of players go by.

The white haired girl could only timidly shrivel as some passerby's bumped into her rudely, not even looking back to say sorry. "I-Iyaa!" she yelped as she fell down and landed on her knees on the floor. Cia looked over at her now bleeding knee and her eyes started to well up emotionally.

"B-Bullies!" she shouted before she covered her face with her bangs and shivering timidly... she lacked so much self esteem and she was known for being a total crybaby..

Miaki jumped up without thought after he saw the small, white haired girl fall to the ground and cry out. He rushed into the crowd, butting a few people out of his way. When he got to the white haired girl she visibly shaking. He got on one knee and gently place his hand on her shoulder. As he focused on her, a green icon appeared over her head as the game mechanics brought the young girl into focus. He realized then that she wasn't much shorter then he was. Her face was still hidden behind her bangs.

"Are you ok?" He asked in calm, relaxing tone. He started looking her over trying to find out where she was hurt.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

She would slowly nod with a slight blush as she took his hand and pushed herself off of the ground. Then she would hear his next words closely. "We should probably move out from the middle of the street. My name is Miaki. What's yours?" he would ask. She paused for a few seconds before answering somewhat quietly.

"M-My name is Mi- I mean Cia," she stuttered shyly before awkwardly looking around and walking to the sidewalk, at least it wasn't the middle of the street.

Keith sat up on top of one of the buildings of floor one, laying on his bag with his arms behind his head. The wind had a slight breeze to it and it ruffled his blue hair. His ears twitched when he heard a familiar voice, and he looked over the roof and saw his old buddy Miaki, along with a girl he hadn't seen before. Keith hopped down from the building and smiled over at his friend. "Hey Miaki! Long time no see!"

Miaki guided the young girl named Cia. He kept a calm, comforting tone as he replied to her. "Nice to meet you Cia." Before he had time to continue with small talk, Miaki heard a voice above them. Looking up he saw the familiar voice of Keith. "At you up there Kieth? Come on down and join us why don't you."

I jump into the conversation welcoming my sister. "Hey sis!" I say smiling toward her. I then walk close to her, hoping these people weren't strangers to her. She grew quite, towards her right was a blue haired man... left was a blonde haired man, both equally strange to me. I kept to the side of my sister, and grew weary of the two behind me. I remembered the promise I had made to keep her safe from others, on a twins' promise, I would never break. I walked forward, as she talked to the blonde she hadn't spoken to me and I was getting worried. I hoped she wasn't falling for him. Yet I walked forward a bit more... The blue haired boy had been now known "Keith" I wondered forward, and didn't pay attention to the two men. Soon enough I was on the end of the sidewalk... I grew to a halt as I found a giant robed figure, talking aloud. I stared at him, and listened...

She would silently watch the two boys converse, and she would silently watch them, not saying a word because of proper manners. She wouldn't interrupt a conversation. She felt someone tap her shoulder. The white haired teen turned around and spotted a girl with long pink hair and emotional amethyst eyes. Those were the eyes she would recognize anywhere.. Yuki... no, it was Kya now. That was her username. "K-Kya..?" she would stutter as she smiled softly at the girl who was only inches shorter than her.

I looked at Cia for a moment, "Yes?" I told my sister, as I then looked at the Robed figure and heard,"IF YOU DIE IN THE GAME... YOU DIE IN REAL LIFE" I then, Took my pinky "Sis, do you swear that we will stay together, until we depart from the game?" I asked in a serious tone, as I curved my pinky and smiled a bit up curving my lips into a grin.

Keith looked over Miaki's shoulder and noticed the new player make the scene. He walked over to her and reached out a hand with a smile. "Hello! It's nice to meet you! I'm Keith!" He noticed Cia as well and held out his other hand to her as well. "Nice to meet you as well!"

She would nod as she grinned awkwardly, excepting his hand and shaking it. "YaY," she'd say quietly.

But then She gazed at the pinkette, her hair covering her eyes slightly. She knew.. she really knew- it is impossible to defeat all 100 levels of Aincrad. Monster infested areas, it was merely an impossible dream, it was one that would never really come true. But she forced her hopeless look into a smile as she rose her head and smiled optimistically. "O-of.. of... Of course we will make it out alive! D-don't.. don't worry I'll protect ya'! Just you wait," she exclaimed in a determined tone as she interlocked her pinky with her twins. Maybe it was impossible to escape, but having a negative demeanor would never make matters any better.

She smiled, then took her pinky away, she awkwardly put out her hand to Keith's and shook. Having blushed a tone of her, she then looked back to her sister and hugged her. "Thank you, sis I'm sure we will make it out alive." She smiled and was then determined to do so. She wouldn't give up without a fight. She knew she could at least live here, due to her great knowledge on cooking, and instruments, she was sure to live a peaceful life, to her sister on the other hand, she was determined to protect her sister, if it meant her life, it meant her life. Cause her sister is the world to her.

Daeron walked over to the small posse of players standing about just conversing. "So how is everyone? I'm quite pumped to get going on a death game... it sounds fun." Daeron said as he introduced himself with a sentence that makes him seem like a tough guy. "By the way, name's Daeron. And you?"

I looked up at the figure, then ran behind Cia. "He is a player killer...." I pointed to the title, then noticing Keith was as well. I felt no longer safe, and felt as if to run. Now I wasn't sure, maybe, was I poisoned or something from the hand shake? WHAT IS HAPPENING IS THIS A DREAM??? I told myself to wake up. I stood behind my sister and hid. I hoped the group didn't see me, then...

Daeron looked at the girl who was now hidden behind the other player. "Umm... are you alright?" Daeron was confused at why she was so terrified. Daeron looked over at the player with the name <> "I'm sorry, but what's her deal? Kinda confused right now." Daeron stuck his hand out to Keith and introduced himself in a more generous manner.

I heard my sister, then thought, MAN HOW DUMB OF ME! As I got up and welcomed him more homely. I stuck out my hand, Hoping he still wouldn't find a way to attack me or anything. I smiled, with my clips curving into a V. My eyes glittering as He took my hand and shook it, in a greeting manner. "Sorry about that." I said as I lowered my head in shame.