[PP - F8] The Climb, Pt.7 (Mack)

ID: 54766
BD: 9 + 3(ACC)
LD: 15 + 2(Vitamins) + 3(Hands of Midas) + 3(Search & Detect)
(+8 Materials , 5160 Col)

Takao: 205/205 (14/50) [Sword Art: Lightning Fall 1*7*22=161 DMG] (13 Base + 5 Charge + 3 Damage Crystal + 1 Alcoholic + 1 Critical)

Pangolin Spearman 9 0/128 (Mit. 32) [161-32= 129 DMG]
Pangolin Spearman 10 0/128 (Mit. 32) [161-32= 129 DMG]
Pangolin Spearman 11 0/128 (Mit. 32) [161-32= 129 DMG]
Pangolin Spearman 12 0/128 (Mit. 32) [161-32= 129 DMG]

3/15 Remaining

"Sounds like a pretty solid tanking build," Takao said, momentarily mulling over his own plans. They had changed several times over the months, as did the mechanics behind them to motivate said changes, but the overarching goal remained the same. "I think by the time my build is maxed out, I'd be around level... seventy five? Maybe seventy six. There's a few things in there that aren't necessary, I could probably get away with finishing it at level sixty eight. I've actually been saving the skill points we've been getting from this, 'cause I'm planning on going dual-spec with dagger. OHSS for utility, dagger for single target damage, I think it'll be deadly if it works out." Takao commented, his voice carrying throughout the cave as they walked, and alerting the next four spearmen that lurked further within. They leapt from their hiding places, only to find themselves electrocuted at the hands of Takao's sword.

Total Rewards:
73 Materials
24060 Col

"I'm working on a dual build at this point anyway," the ginger headed man said, shrugging his broad shoulders even as Takao dispatched the next group of mobs as they spawned. "I started as a glass cannon, but both the KoB and the front liners are awful light on tanks right now. I don't know if more tanks would have helped or not against Rohk. I only ever managed to hit his eggs since his evasion skill was so high," the axe man continued, declining to make any mention of the deaths of Cora and Azide. The Rohk fight truly had been a different kind of battle, with a boss having that kind of evasion. "We should be getting pretty close to the boss now, what do you think it's going to be this time," the soldier asked, swinging Invictus down off of his shoulder and holding the axe across his chest in both hands as he looked for the door that would lead into the Boss Room.

ID: 54958
BD: 9 + 3(ACC)
LD: 1 + 2(Vitamins) + 3(Hands of Midas) + 3(Search & Detect)

Takao: 205/205 (11/50) [Sword Art: Rage Spike 1*2*23=46 DMG] (13 Base + 5 Charge + 3 Damage Crystal + 1 Alcoholic + 1 Critical)

Pangolin Spearman 13 0/46 [46 DMG]
Pangolin Spearman 14 0/46 [46 DMG]
Pangolin Spearman 15 0/46 [46 DMG]
Pangolin Spearman 16 0/46 [46 DMG]

0/15 Remaining

"I doubt it," Takao said, his voice quickly adopting a dry and solemn tone. "It was ignoring hate rules with its AoE and attacking everybody. Cora was practically a goner from the start, and Azide..." He drew in a slow breath and shook his head. "I guess he just got hammered too quickly. Nothin' a spare set of tanks could've done about that." Takao said as the last four monsters came into view. They lingered by the boss door, lifelessly guarding it until the duo strolled in closer. Takao's blade began to glow red and with a leap and powerful set of strikes, the monsters were obliterated with ease. "If I had to guess, s'prolly gonna end up being a bigger one of those things." He muttered whilst shooing away a stray floating polygon.

Total Rewards:
73 Materials
24060 Col

OOC: I really need to get an accuracy boosting Jewelry Item again.

ID: 55033
LD: 9

"I suspect you're right. That AoE was a powerful attack, I don't see much of a way we could have really done anything to have countered it," Mack allowed, shrugging his broad shoulders as Takao dispatched the final group of minions in front of the doors that led back into the room inhabited by the boss. Idly, the burly blacksmith wandered over to one of the torch brackets and tried to rip it loose from the wall to get a free, and easy, crafting material. Sadly, it didn't work. "Given the other thing like this a few floors back, you want to take bets on whether or not this one's wearing any clothing," Mack asked, quirking an eyebrow in Takao's direction.

OOC// they're pretty swell. I rolled a 10 though so I'm just gonna go ahead and spawn it to get dat hit in.

b5FxGHQ.jpg?1

ID: 55042
BD: 10
MD: STUNNED

[H:2] Takao: 209/209 (0/50)

Pangolin Behemoth: 335/560 (DMG: 88)  [Sword Art: «Nova Ascension» -- 9*1*23=225 DMG] (13 Base + 5 Charge + 3 Damage Crystal + 1 Alcoholic + 2 Critical + 1 Ferocity)

"I mean, if you wanna get technical, the majority of them haven't been wearing clothes. They just haven't had their danglin' bits floppin' around." Takao said as he eyed the door. Thus far on their ambitious journey through the levels of Sword Art Online, Mack had been the one to burst through the boss room door strike the boss first. In truth, the brunet hadn't even a semblance of an issue with their setup. The boss monsters struck fast, and they struck hard. In contrast to a more sturdy build, Takao was more suited for movement, although there were some things he just couldn't evade. But even knowing that it was the smart choice to let Mack go first, it wasn't very thrilling... and Takao lived for the thrill.

"I got this," Takao said, mimicking both the words and the tone of voice Mack had used on one of their earlier excursions. His right leg was raised and slammed into the door, shattering the mechanisms that held it shut but leaving it mostly in tact, unlike his more brutish traveling companion had done in the past. Takao took a few steps in, prepared his charge skill, then closed the distance between himself and the monster. "Good news," He called out to Mack from over his shoulder whilst preparing a sword art. He allowed the system to control his movements and carve into the monster with a series of nine strikes. "It's not naked, technically!"

Edited by Takao

OOC: Typical, rolled a 3 the first time, 1 this time.

ID: 55049
BD: 1

[H:2] Takao: 209/209 (0/50)
[H:0] Mack: 165/165 (38/40)

Pangolin Behemoth: 335/560 (DMG: 88)

"I suppose that's true," Mack rumbled in response to Takao's comments about the boss' having their dangling bits flopping around. "But, even the trolls and ogres and stuff have had loin cloths," he continued as Takao rather abruptly put his boot to the door before he went charging in. "Oh my God," the behemoth muttered, watching as Takao brazenly charged down on the beast. "He just ran in there... save him." Putting his head down and readying Invictus, Mack when charging through the doors that Takao had blasted open and promptly tripped over some kind of trip wire across the door, falling flat on his face with a very audible thud.

ID: 55056
BD: 7 (4 + 3)
MD: 6 (7 - 1)

[H:2] Takao: 169/209 (8/50) (88 - 48 = -40HP)
[H:0] Mack: 165/165 (38/40)

Pangolin Behemoth: 335/560 (DMG: 88)

Takao had only a brief moment to glance over his shoulder and watch Mack trip before he was forced to set about dodging the five meter tall, armour plated monster. It swiped across the ground once and Takao dove forward into a roll, evading the first strike. Then it swiped in the opposite direction, prompting Takao to roll again and evade once more. On its third attack, the Pangolin Behemoth raised both arms and slammed them into the ground, producing a massive cloud of dust. Although not struck by its crushing attack, Takao was caught off guard by its tail sweeping through the debris, and was sent tumbling backward out of the cloud. He managed to catch his footing and regain his balance before sliding for too long and shook off the disorientation. "Whew! Now this is exciting!"

OOC: And the Nat. 10+Fighting Spirit puts me at the top of the hate table again.

ID: 55056
BD: 10

[H:2] Takao: 169/209 (8/50)
[H:3] Mack: 165/165 (27/40) [Dynamic Violence: 4x3x18=216 DMG]

Pangolin Behemoth: 119/560 (DMG: 88) [-216 DMG]

Pushing himself up off of the ground, Mack watched through dark narrowed eyes as Takao avoided several attacks from the gargantuan Pangolin, only to finally be caught by the beast's enormous tail and blasted backwards. Snarling, the colossal axe man charged off in the direction of the beast that easily towered over him, leaping Takao's fallen form even as the teen was getting back to his feet. "Welcome to the Big Leagues," Mack called over his shoulder, even as Invictus was whipping around his body to deliver a series of blows to the anteater creature that had delusions of being the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man.

ID: 55065
BD: 4 (4 + 3)
MD: X

[H:2] Takao: 169/209 (8/50)
[H:3] Mack: 165/165 (27/40)

Pangolin Behemoth: 0/560 (DMG: 88) [Sword Art: «Shadow Explosion» -- 9*1*23=162 DMG] (13 Base + 3 Damage Crystal + 1 Alcoholic + 1 Ferocity)

"Big leagues?" Takao chuckled and shook his head. He swung his arm and rolled his wrist, thus spinning the sword in his hand a few times. "I was born in the big leagues, baby. Y'know I solo'd Tagas in his full corruption state, yeah? Kind of a big deal over here." He said, grasping the collar of his shirt and popping it outward with his offhand while Mack engaged the monster. When his assault was through, Takao leapt into action behind him, and finished off the remainder of its health with the last of his energy. Landing with a soft thud, Takao shouldered the flat of his sword and already started off in the direction of the exit. "Seven down, eight to go."

Thread Rewards

74 Materials
24060 Col (Monsters)
400 Col
1SP

Dungeon Rewards

3SP
2500 Col = 17(LD) + 8(Floor#) * 100)
6 Materials

TOTAL REWARDS

80 Materials
26960 Col