[PP - F9] The Climb, Pt. 8

RTQ9fSp.png

«Floor 9»
12:21 AST

"We're over halfway done now," Takao called back over his shoulder to Mack. Noon had struck whilst they were delving into the last dungeon, which unfortunately meant that the ninth floor would be reaching its hottest. Thankfully, the ninth floor didn't quite get as hot as the fifth, nor did its air possess an excess of moisture. Dry, moderate heat. It was perhaps the only sort that Takao could endure without incessant complaints. "Just six more and I can go home and sleep for the rest of eternity." He said, reveling in the thought of taking off his boots and laying down on the couch in front of his fireplace, falling asleep listening to the crackling of flames burning logs. It was enough motivation to keep him going for a bit longer.

"You seem very concerned with this sleep concept," Mack said pensively. Quite the opposite of Takao, who had begun with an overabundance of energy, Mack was just starting to hit his stride. Despite being an early riser, the ginger headed man had ever been more of an afternoon and night person. That was when all of the best things in life happened. Drinking. Eating big meals. Going to the bars. Finding women, on those rare lucky occasions. "You keep forgetting of the massive feast we shall have and the love and adoration that you shall receive from... Opal? Snow? Shizuka? It better not be from one of my sisters," the axe man said seriously, wagging a finger in Takao's direction. "Besides, I think I have something that will put some pep in your step, and make the oppressive hell of this floor a bit more bearable."

ID: 53837
BD: 1 + 3(ACC)
MD: 3 (For some reason I thought rolling a 1 on the BD meant the mobs hit me. I already wrote the post up though so HFPCH WHATEVS. WE'LL DO IT LIVE)

Takao: 197/201 (47/49) (27(RAW) - 48(MIT) = 1 * 4 = -4HP)

Volcanic Rhino 1 100/100 (Mit. 25)
Volcanic Rhino 2 100/100 (Mit. 25)
Volcanic Rhino 3 100/100 (Mit. 25)
Volcanic Rhino 4 100/100 (Mit. 25)

Takao raised an eyebrow as Mack started to list off names. "Why would they care about us leveling? If anything, I'd imagine they would probably be more annoyed we're gloating about it. Also, I have no clue who Snow or Shizuka are." He said in response. The comment about his desire for sleep irked him something fierce, likely because of his tiredness... and when Takao got tired, he started doing math. Head math. "Okay, look, so... We've done... what, eight dungeons so far-- no, wait, seven. I've killed about sixteen monsters per dungeon, and yes I've been counting, not including the ones we fought on the way. It's twenty one past noon now and we started at like... what, six thirty this morning? That's something like three hundred fifty minutes. That means, on average, I've been killing around three monsters a minute for the past five hours-- again, not counting the ones not in the dungeons! I think my obsession with sleep is very well deserved right about now, thank you very mu-augh!" As Takao had been speaking, and quite loudly at that, he was also walking with paying much attention to where he was going. In the process, he had alerted a small herd of volcanically themed rhinoceros monsters. In his distracted, anger-fueled fit of math and statistics, he had neglected to notice the four of them charging at him and subsequently trampling him down. He landed face first in the volcanic rocks, legs bent at the knee, and his right hand raised and pointing skyward.

Edited by Takao

OOC: You have no idea how badly I want to start throwing out "Little Buddy" and "Spoon!" because the Tick and Arthur is another amusing corollary.

ID: 53969
BD: 6
LD: 4 (+4 Mats)

Takao: 197/201 (47/49) 
Mack: 157/157 (20/38) Explode Catapult: 3x3x16=144

Volcanic Rhino 1 -19/100 (Mit. 25) [144-25=119 DMG]
Volcanic Rhino 2 -19/100 (Mit. 25) [144-25=119 DMG]
Volcanic Rhino 3 -19/100 (Mit. 25) [144-25=119 DMG]
Volcanic Rhino 4 -19/100 (Mit. 25) [144-25=119 DMG]

"Oh no, math... the muscle man's greatest weakness!" Mack made a big show of clamping his hands over his ears and loudly humming the Battle Hymn of the Republic to try and drown out the numbers. Yes, Takao had certainly pulled his weight so far. "Sleep is all well and good, but a nice companion makes it so much better," Mack replied, nodding his head in a knowing manner. "Besides, you have to soak up adoration from the women when they're willing to give it... because they rarely are and..." The axe man stopped for a moment and looked around. Where was... oh! "I'm coming!" Dropping his hands from his ears and wrapping his fingers around Invictus, Mack went charging full bore into the rampaging heard of creatures. In a few seconds, they were all reduced to nothing and Mack had wrapped a hand around Takao's right wrist and hauled him to his feet. "Barely even scratched you..."

OOC// Oh man, I remember watching The Tick on saturday mornings with my Dad yeaaaaars ago. Loved that show.

ID: 54037
BD: 5 + 3(ACC)
LD: 
20 + 2(Vitamins) + 3(Hands of Midas) + 3(Search & Detect)
CD: 8
(+8 Materials , +4 Dimensional Pouches)

Takao: 197/201 (36/49)  [Sword Art: Sharp Nail 1*6*22=132 DMG] (13 Base + 5 Charge + 3 Damage Crystal + 1 Alcoholic)

Volcanic Rhino 5 0/106 (Mit. 26) [132-28=106 DMG]
Volcanic Rhino 6 0/106 (Mit. 26) [132-28=106 DMG]
Volcanic Rhino 7 0/106 (Mit. 26) [132-28=106 DMG]
Volcanic Rhino 8 0/106 (Mit. 26) [132-28=106 DMG]

A low, muffled groan rumbled in Takao's throat as he was hefted from the ground. Upon regaining his footing and balance, he parted his jaw and spat out a mouthful of volcanic rocks and soil. "Gross," He said, rubbing his tongue with the back of his glove. His wandering eyes brought the second small stampede of monsters to his attention, affording him the opportunity to reach for his weapon and react this time, now that he wasn't distracted with unnecessary head math. "I got these ones." Takao said as he leapt forward, obliterating their ranks with a single sword art. As the short bout concluded, Takao glanced down to the rewards window and raised an eyebrow. "Huh..." He mumbled after spawning the items, then turned and tossed the four dimensional pouches to Mack. "Here, you'll be able to use these more than I will."

Total Rewards:
12 Materials
0 Col
4 Dimensional Pouches

Edited by Takao

ID: 54051
BD: 9
LD: 6 (+4 Mats)

Takao: 197/201 (36/49) 
Mack: 157/157 (3/38) Explode Catapult: 3x3x17=153

Volcanic Rhino 9 -3/100 (Mit. 25) [153-30=123 DMG]
Volcanic Rhino 10 -3/100 (Mit. 25) [153-30=123 DMG]
Volcanic Rhino 11 -3/100 (Mit. 25) [153-30=123 DMG]
Volcanic Rhino 12 -3/100 (Mit. 25) [153-30=123 DMG]

"Yeah, it's gross, but at least it's high in iron or something," Mack said in a light tone, convinced that Takao wasn't really hurt despite the fact that he had been trampled rather severely by the rhino's. In the next instant his green-eyed companion had zipped off and gained his revenge in dispatching four more of the odd, glowing, and flame spewing beasts back to the pixelated aether of nothingness. The he tossed four rather interesting items in the axe man's direction. "What are these," Mack asked, sending three of the pouches to his inventory and holding out another one to Takao. In truth, the red haired man hadn't seen one before. The answer had to wait though as more of the beasts spawned. "DIBS!" Mack charged off down a slight hill and promptly slaughtered the beasts.

ID: 54277
BD: 7 + 3(ACC)
LD: 
9 + 2(Vitamins) + 3(Hands of Midas) + 3(Search & Detect)
(+4 Materials , +2120 Col)

Takao: 197/201 (25/49)  [Sword Art: Sharp Nail 1*6*22=132 DMG] (13 Base + 5 Charge + 3 Damage Crystal + 1 Alcoholic)

Volcanic Rhino 13 0/106 (Mit. 26) [132-28=106 DMG]
Volcanic Rhino 14 0/106 (Mit. 26) [132-28=106 DMG]
Volcanic Rhino 15 0/106 (Mit. 26) [132-28=106 DMG]
Volcanic Rhino 16 0/106 (Mit. 26) [132-28=106 DMG]

"Ah, yes, whilst trapped in the digital prison that is Sword Art Online, I'm glad my digital body is getting its iron." Takao chuckled, rolling his eyes and shaking his head to dismiss the jesting. "They're called dimensional pouches. They'll unlock a slot in your battle ready inventory so that you can carry more items, and they don't take up an equipment slot. You can double 'em up with dimensional backpacks too. Not really essential or anything, but it's a nice thing to have. Plus we got 'em anyway and I already have one, might as well put 'em to some use." Momentarily taking his attention off the conversation, Takao engaged the next four rhinoceros monsters to approach them, and swiftly defeated the four.

Total Rewards:
20 Materials
4240 Col
4 Dimensional Pouches

Edited by Takao

OOC: 1 Turn out of Combat, +1 Energy

"This little thing increase my At Ready slots by one," Mack asked, squinting dubiously at the tiny glittering pouch in his hands. "Sure, why not, I mean that makes sense, right," he asked, storing away the final of the four pouches in his own inventory. He'd keep one and pass the others around to his guildmates, sisters, and Samriel. Probably, mostly Samriel and his sisters. Unless they found more of the pouches, then he'd share them far and wide since it sounded as if a player was only allowed to reap the benefits from having one of the pouches at a time. With that, he continued to follow along behind Takao as the scout led the way and crushed another group of the volcanic rhinos that seemed to be everywhere on this floor.

BD: 10 + 3(ACC)
LD: 
12 + 2(Vitamins) + 3(Hands of Midas) + 3(Search & Detect)
(+8 Materials , +2700 Col)

Takao: 197/201 (1/49)  [Sword Art: Lightning Fall 1*7*24=168 DMG] (13 Base + 5 Charge + 3 Damage Crystal + 1 Alcoholic + 2 Critical)

Volcanic Rhino 17 0/135 (Mit. 33) [168-33=135 DMG]
Volcanic Rhino 18 0/135 (Mit. 33) [168-33=135 DMG]
Volcanic Rhino 19 0/135 (Mit. 33) [168-33=135 DMG]
Volcanic Rhino 20 0/135 (Mit. 33) [168-33=135 DMG]

"They're pretty good for supports who use items, just means they can carry more crystals. Not integral for any other kind of build really, but a nice lil' extra to pick up when you come across it." He shrugged, probably reiterating a point that had already been made once or twice already. As another small herd of floor themed rhinoceros monsters barreled closer, Takao shifted his feet apart and effortlessly fell into a stance that differed from the one he'd been using for the majority of the day. Takao leapt from the ground, kicked his leg upward to send his body into a single flip, and then returned to the ground after smashing the tip of his sword into the ground. A wave of popping electricity washed over the monsters, instantly stopping their advance as the lightning whittled their health down to nothing. They burst into pixels, and the remnants of the electricity died down. "Looks like that's the last of 'em for a while. Dungeon should be up here somewhere."

Total Rewards:
28 Materials
6940 Col
4 Dimensional Pouches

"If you say so," Mack said, shrugging his shoulders and trusting that Takao knew what he was talking about when it came to the tiny glittering pouches. Clearly, the brunette swordsman had encountered the items at least once before, so if that's what he said they were for that information was good enough for Mack. The goliath of a warrior watched as Takao, once again, effortlessly dispatched a rampaging herd of crimson glowing rhinoceroses, and nodded his head at the news that they were getting close to the location of the mini dungeon on this floor. The sooner they were done here, the sooner they could move on to more friendly environs. For a few more moments they walked in silence until a seemingly insurmountable obstacle was located. "So, what's your plan for this," Mack asked dryly, gesturing to the small river of lava before them.

ID: 54513
LD: 18 + 2(Vitamins) + 3(Hands of Midas) + 3(Search & Detect)
(+1 Material)

Takao let his gaze rest on the river of lava that impeded their progress. It was a daunting task to cross it, and with no clear method of fording the glowing red stream that was just too far to jump without the necessary skill, an alternative was sorely needed. He diverted his eyes from the river and glanced sidelong to a large stone column, slowly sheathing his sword as an idea formed in his head. "Hm..." Takao mumbled to himself as he took a few steps closer. It was tall enough to reach the other side of the river, and wide enough that they would be able to cross it. "Think you could knock this down? It looks tall enough to reach across, 'n we could just walk over it."

Total Rewards:
29 Materials
6940 Col
4 Dimensional Pouches

Mack considered Takao's question for a moment as he looked at the stone column that the swordsman had indicated as being their best bet for getting across the river of lava. It seemed like it should be doable. After all, there had to be some way to get across the glowing hot river and the waves of heat pouring off of it in order to reach their final destination. "Sure, yeah... no problem," the colossal axe man said, sheathing Invictus at his back. Stepping back far enough from the stone column that he'd be able to make use of the charge skill, Mack crouched down and then suddenly exploded into motion. The ginger giant sprinted towards the stone column at full speed, head down and running hard. He leaped into the air and slammed into the towering monolith of volcanic stone. A purple hexagon and the words "Immortal Object" appeared as the behemoth slid down the pillar like an over large June Bug down a car windshield after being splattered. "Ow... any other bright ideas," Mack asked, his voice muffled by the stone pillar.

A long snort followed by a loud fit of laughter left Takao's lungs as Mack slammed into the pillar. He rolled onto his back, tears forming in his eyes from the sheer slapstick nature of the debacle playing out before him. "Oh man, I can't believe you actually did that! That's some Looney Tunes level business, man!" He said, his voice escaping between laughing and inhaling to laugh more. He finally managed to pick himself up off the ground and wiped his face, his laughing settling down and a rhythm to his breathing finally returned. "Ahh.. Alright, alright. For real though, we just have to walk along the river some ways. There should be a cave entrance somewhere up that way... unless you wanna give the rock thing another go."

OOC: Don't forget Parts 9 and 10 :)

"You did that on purpose," Mack growled, his voice muffled by the stone pillar that his face was still firmly mashed up against. Slowly, he peeled his armored body away from the stone obelisk and flopped onto his back. He knew, full well, that if this were the real world he'd probably have broken his nose and have been spitting a few lost teeth out of his mouth. At minimum. "If you're through, hyena boy," Mack rumbled, glaring at the still hysterically laughing Takao as he got slowly to his feet. "Let's be on our way and, if goes without saying that we never speak of this. Especially not to Opal, Piera, or Samriel," the ginger giant continued in a very serious tone.

OOC// pffsh, forget? me? naw, never.

"Oh I most certainly did do it on purpose, and it was worth it." Takao rubbed his eyes with the back of his hands as his laughing finally settled. "Goes without saying, eh?" Takao said, glancing over his shoulder to Mack while making his way toward the dungeon. "Sounds fair. You don't mention the Gnoll chick and her six puppies and I won't mention this, or you getting your butt whooped by that one earlier." Takao said, grinning slyly before turning his attention forward. The reveal skill was activated and the dungeon was located behind a few inconspicuous looking pillars of stone. "Got one, let's get movin'."

- -

Advanced Dungeon found.

» ID : [[ 54768 ]]
» LD : [[ 23 (13 + 2(Vitamins) + 3(Hands of Midas) + 3(Search&Detect) + 2(Reveal)) 

"I knew it," the blacksmith muttered as Takao led them over to a different set of pillars that, sure enough, was concealing the entrance into the dungeon. Mack rolled his head around on his neck and cracked his knuckles as Takao led the way into the dungeon. "I don't know why you're so dead set on not introducing anyone to your girlfriend," Mack rumbled in an easy tone, fully prepared to give back as good as he got after Takao's little prank. "I mean sure she's a bit of a dog and, you know, clearly an exhibitionist," he continued in an easy tone, ribbing at the scout. "But, you have to admit she was trying pretty hard to kill me so she could get to you," Mack said in a tone of one clearly delivering bad news to someone. "That's true love there, buddy. The truest puppy love there ever can be. Give it some time, I bet you'll get to where you don't toss your kibble even though me, personally, I wouldn't chase that tail."

BD: 3 + 3(ACC)
LD: 14 + 2(Vitamins) + 3(Hands of Midas) + 3(Search & Detect)
(+8 Materials , +4920 Col)

Takao: 205/205 (50/50)  [Sword Art: Lightning Fall 1*7*22=154 DMG] (13 Base + 5 Charge + 3 Damage Crystal + 1 Alcoholic)

Volcanic Rhino 17 0/123 (Mit. 30) [154-30=124 DMG]
Volcanic Rhino 18 0/135 (Mit. 33) [168-33=135 DMG]
Volcanic Rhino 19 0/135 (Mit. 33) [168-33=135 DMG]
Volcanic Rhino 20 0/135 (Mit. 33) [168-33=135 DMG]

11/15 Remaining

"Now, I see what you're doin'. You're doin' the pun thing again, but I'm not playin' this time around." Takao mumbled in response as his hand reaffirmed its grip on the Inundator's handle. The cave, not unlike those before it, appeared to be very linear. The only paths branching from the main tunnel were small and ultimately lead to dead ends. The monsters lurking behind obstructions and the like leapt out and were swiftly put down at the end of his sword, leaving only a field of glittering blue polygons in his wake. "Also, it was you who was gettin' all handsy wit'er business. That was aaaaall you."

Total Rewards:
37 Materials
11860 Col

4 Dimensional Pouches

"I got handsy with nothing at all, she was twitching because she had my axe embedded in her skull," Mack replied in a tone that clearly indicated that he resented Takao's implication. But, two could play that game. "Besides, we both saw the way she was making eyes at you. I'd never get fresh with the bard's woman. Really, that's a surefire way to make sure that you never have good luck with the fairer sex ever again," the ginger giant continued, nodding his head in a solemn but earnest manner. "Nicely done with those rhino's, by the way. On to a more serious topic, though, you and Hunie. Anything there? Anything you want to be there? I'm nosy."

ID: 54948
BD: 7 + 3(ACC)
LD: 14 + 2(Vitamins) + 3(Hands of Midas) + 3(Search & Detect)
(+8 Materials , +4920 Col)

Takao: 205/205 (23/50)  [Sword Art: Lightning Fall 1*7*22=154 DMG] (13 Base + 5 Charge + 3 Damage Crystal + 1 Alcoholic)

Volcanic Rhino 5 0/123 (Mit. 30) [154-30=124 DMG]
Volcanic Rhino 6 0/123 (Mit. 30) [154-30=124 DMG]
Volcanic Rhino 7 0/123 (Mit. 30) [154-30=124 DMG]
Volcanic Rhino 8 0/123 (Mit. 30) [154-30=124 DMG]

7/15 Remaining

"Oh, you most definitely got handsy, seen it with my own eyes... and you're the one who keeps bringing it back up." Takao quipped back, pressing the notion that it was Mack whom found himself to be infatuated with the Gnoll Chieftainess. As Mack spoke, more monsters sprung from their hiding places with the intent to attack. Takao was just a step faster and struck first, annihilating their ranks with some fancy footwork and powerful, well placed strikes. As their polygonal remains scattered around him, he enjoyed a moment of silence whilst thinking of a response. "You're right," He said, briefly glancing over his shoulder to address Mack. "You are nosy."

Total Rewards:
45 Materials
16780 Col

4 Dimensional Pouches

"And the bard declines to make a proper response, one way or the other," Mack responded, barely missing a beat as he passed through the shower of disintegrating polygons in the wake of Takao's most recent victory over the volcanic rhinos. "Which, as we all know, answers the question rather emphatically in the affirmative," Mack continued, smirking at Takao as he shot a backwards glance his way. "As for the gnoll, she was the one that was coming on to me, she was all over me. I had to explain that no means no. Also, I'm sure you've noticed the way I have a string of female companions wherever I go. I can't help it if I possess a certain animal-like magnetism in here. My size and strength convey a sense of security, which I imagine is very reassuring in SAO."