[PP - F9] The Climb, Pt. 8

ID: 55046
BD: 7 + 3(ACC)
LD: 6 + 2(Vitamins) + 3(Hands of Midas) + 3(Search & Detect)
(+8 Materials , +4920 Col)

Takao: 205/205 (12/50)  [Sword Art: «Sharp Nail» 3*2*22=132 DMG] (13 Base + 5 Charge + 3 Damage Crystal + 1 Alcoholic)

Volcanic Rhino 9  0/106 (Mit. 26) [132-28=106 DMG]
Volcanic Rhino 10 0/106 (Mit. 26) [132-28=106 DMG]
Volcanic Rhino 11 0/106 (Mit. 26) [132-28=106 DMG]
Volcanic Rhino 12 0/106 (Mit. 26) [132-28=106 DMG]

3/15 Remaining

Rolling his eyes, Takao turned his head forward and continued pressing the advance. "What it means is that I'm abstaining from answering the question. Make whatever assumptions you want, it doesn't matter much to me." He said in response, not doing a particularly remarkable job with evading the implications. At the mention of the company that Mack kept, Takao simply shrugged. "I never noticed, though I don't think I really paid attention either. I guess that would explain you going down the tank route though, huh? Definitely helps to adopt the role of a literal protector." Takao commented as another herd of floor-themed rhinoceros monsters came barreling down the cave. Takao dealt with them swiftly before continuing on his way.

"I don't have to make any assumptions, Bard, you've already answered the question, and yes being a tank definitely improves that image with the ladies. Especially since, unlike most tanks, I can also give back as good as I get," Mack rumbled in response to Takao, shooting a sly grin in the brunette's direction. If he like Hunie and wanted to pursue the blonde, more power to him. Mack certainly wouldn't tell the guy that it was a bad idea. After all, Mack had his own grey eyes set on an entirely different blonde woman, now that Piera seemed to be almost entirely out of the picture. After all, she'd never bothered to ask him about the Hoya Amulet she'd given him. That did remind him of something that Takao might be able to help him with. "Speaking of women, though, I need to get back at Jomei for that little question of his at the hot springs. Any ideas?"

ID: 55300
BD: 6 + 3(ACC)
LD: 3 + 2(Vitamins) + 3(Hands of Midas) + 3(Search & Detect)
(+4 Materials , +2120 Col)

Takao: 205/205 (1/50)  [Sword Art: «Sharp Nail» 3*2*22=132 DMG] (13 Base + 5 Charge + 3 Damage Crystal + 1 Alcoholic)

Volcanic Rhino 13  0/106 (Mit. 26) [132-28=106 DMG]
Volcanic Rhino 14 0/106 (Mit. 26) [132-28=106 DMG]
Volcanic Rhino 15 0/106 (Mit. 26) [132-28=106 DMG]
Volcanic Rhino 16 0/106 (Mit. 26) [132-28=106 DMG]

0/15 Remaining

"Jomei seems kinda out of sorts lately," Takao answered as they turned the corner and reached the boss room. Standing guard at the door, as he had both seen with the reveal skill and been expecting if the previous dungeons were to be references, was the remaining four monsters in their way. Takao took a heavy step with his right foot and timed the quadrupedal monster's charging just right, allowing them to come to him as he unleashed three strikes upon the four of them. One by one they fell and erupted into a wave of multi-hued polygons. With the remnants of the dungeon's forces obliterated and only one remaining, Takao turned and faced Mack. "It seemed like it was an accident too, so maybe it'd be a good idea to just... f'get about it, y'know? Also, your turn t'do some work."

Total Rewards:
53 Materials
21020 Col

4 Dimensional Pouches

Edited by Takao

ID: 55607
BD: 6
MD: 1

[H:2] Mack: 157/157 (26/38) [Dynamic Violence: 4x3x16=192 DMG]
Takao: 205/205 (1/50)
Lava Dragon: 438/630 (99 DMG) [-192 DMG]

"That's true," Mack allowed in response to Takao's comment about Jomei being a bit out of sorts lately. "Course, if I had a woman as pretty as Zandra on my arm I'd be a bit out of sorts too, I suppose." the blacksmith continued, remembering back to the alchemist's bathing suit from the recent party at the hot springs. Her suit could be called many things, but conservative wasn't one of them. "Probably, he can't believe his good fortune." As Mack was still speaking on the subject Takao had stopped in front of the door that led into the boss' chamber and indicated it was time for the axe man to carry his weight.

"Do you have any idea how much I..." Mack never completed the sentence, instead he was interrupted by a gout of flame shooting through the door directly between him and Takao. The axe man peeked into the room and swore loudly. "Dragon, haven't fought one of these since the re-balance." Inside the steamy chamber the dragon roared, flared its wings, and fired off another gout of flame into the air. The flame jet's location could have been better though, as it neatly melted through a stalactite causing the stone formation to fall on the beast's head. Unfortunately, that just seemed to make the gigantic lizard more angry.

"Don't know if I can kill this before you get your energy back," Mack rumbled, less than fond memories of having been swallowed alive the last time he fought a dragon swimming to the surface. Without further preamble, the massive fighter lurched into motion charging into the room and confronting the dragon while it was still snapping at the ceiling, delivering a blistering series of chops with Invictus.

Total Rewards:
53 Materials
21020 Col

4 Dimensional Pouches

ID: 55609
LD: 6 + 2(Vitamins) + 3(Hands of Midas) + 3(Search & Detect)

"Well, I meant there might've been somethin' more goin' on there than his marital status. Maybe I'm just seein' things that aren't there though, I don't know him all that well." Takao said as he stowed the Inundator away in the scabbard on his back. His arms folded at his chest and he shrugged. In truth, he didn't know much about Jomei. Their interactions were incredibly limited, nothing outside of a single excursion on the eighth floor and minor interactions in boss meetings and raids. To say he had an honest, accurate read on the ginger's personality would be a stretch, and most likely a lie. Even so, Takao liked to boast some semblance of talent in observing personalities, and out of sorts definitely described some of his behaviour.

Takao's wandering musing was halted momentarily when a plume of fire erupted between himself and Mack. Without flinching, he slowly turned toward the door and peeked through alongside Mack. "Uh... huh." He muttered, scratching his chin. "Haven't fought one of those before." Inhaling a slow breath, Takao straightened his posture and reached out to pat Mack on the shoulder. "Well, good luck buddy. I'll be here if y'need me... just... hangin' around. I'm sure you'll be fine." He said, opting to let Mack engage the beast first. From the doorway, Takao waved and offered him a thumbs up in response to his last statement. "Don't worry, you're doin' great!"

ID: 55773
BD: 3
MD: 5

[H:3] Mack: 157/157 (25/38)
Takao: 205/205 (1/50)
Lava Dragon: 438/630 (99 DMG)

"Truly, your generosity knows no bounds," Mack called out, leaning backwards so far that he nearly fell over onto his back as he dodged a blow from the dragon's tail. "With friends like you, ready to bravely let me be dragon chow, who needs enemies?" the soldier continued, still speaking and calling out messages to Takao interspersed with emphatic imprecations directed in the general direction of the dragon. "We're going to be at this all day," Mack grumbled, taking a swing at the dragon's left fore paw as it flashed out and missing. "It's big and red, I'm big and red... you'd think he'd recognize me as kin, instead he's dra-goning me through the mud!"

ID: 55943
LD: 4 + 2(Vitamins) + 3(Hands of Midas) + 3(Search & Detect)

"Huh?" Takao said, ever so slowly tearing his eyes away from the menu and private message he'd been writing to glance up at Mack locked in combat with the dragon. He watched for a moment before determining that he was doing fine, and resumed typing away on the menu. "Sorry, wasn't listenin'!" He called out. Moving his right hand upward, Takao held his thumb up to Mack in a reassuring gesture. "You're doin' great though, keep goin'! Make sure you pay attention though, wouldn't want the dragon tippin' the scales on you."

ID: 56179
BD: 7
MD: 4

[H:5] Mack: 157/157 (14/38) [Dynamic Violence: 4x3x13=156 DMG]
Takao: 205/205 (3/50)
Lava Dragon: 382/630 (99 DMG)

"I'm not too worried about that," Mack called back to Takao. "But, slightly more worried about being fired, I'm sure you understand," the colossal man shouted, ducking as the dragon spat a glowing ball of flames over his head. If it weren't for the world being a digital one, Mack was certain it would have singed his hair. The axe man promptly readied his weapon and retaliated against the mammoth dragon, delivering blow after blow to the creature and chewing up another good-sized portion of the beast's health bar. "Who are you writing to now, Bard," Mack asked, pausing from the battle long enough to shoot a glance back at Takao while the dragon recovered from the onslaught. "That little blonde number? Atta kid!"

"Funny." Takao said. He returned the glance Mack shot his way with a raised eyebrow, rolling his eyes as he continued to tap away at the private message. "I'm actually askin' around for a tailor," He said, jades eyes faltering from the exchange of gazes and returning to the array of windows around him. "In the market for a muzzle for a grown man, 'bout your size. Got an annoyance I need t'keep quiet. Not you though, 'course. Purely coincidence. You done in there yet?" He called out from the threshold, now leaning against the door frame with one foot propped up on the opposite side.

Edited by Takao

ID: 56295
BD: 4
MD: 4

[H:6] Mack: 157/157 (13/38)
Takao: 205/205 (50/50)
Lava Dragon: 382/630 (99 DMG)

"I'd ask Ariel, in that case. Or Lowenthal. I bet they'd love to make a muzzle. Won't work though," Mack called out as the dragon reared back its massive head. "Uh oh." The dragon snorted and then belched out an enormous and continuous gout of flame. Mack swore, turned tail, and scampered like a cartoon character away from the flames as they licked at the heels of his boots. With a roar, the soldier dove forward and out the doors, rolling to one side and looking up at Takao as flames shot through the door once more. "Does master see fit to help his poor, loud-mouthed servant yet? Also, seriously, the little blonde number. You should get her... uh... number?"

ID: 56299
BD: 8

[H:6] Mack: 157/157 (13/38)
[H:1] Takao: 217/217 (42/53) [Sword Art: «Meteor Break» 11*1*23=253 DMG] (13 Base + 5 Charge + 3 Damage Crystal + 1 Alcoholic + 1 Ferocity)
Lava Dragon: 129/630 (99 DMG)

"Her... number." Takao parroted, an eyebrow raised in Mack's direction just seconds before he ducked back through the threshold and took refuge behind the wall. The column of flames roared mere inches from him, yet he was much more interested in completing the message and sending it. As the fires died down, Takao emerged from the threshold again, Inundator gripped tightly in hand. "Sure, let me just send her a remote private message asking for her number in a game that doesn't have phones. Also, what've you been doin' in here all this time? Playin' with the thing? Its barely halfway down." A slight grin built on his face as he rolled his wrist and twirled the sword the hand held. The flat slammed against his shoulder, allowing him to effortlessly fall into position for the usage of his sword art. The reveal skill was deactivated and the charge skill activated in its place, which permitted him to leap forward and engage the monster. Eleven hits tore through the beast, ripping massive wounds in its scaled flesh. Takao landed and quickly backpedaled away from its range of attack. 

Edited by Takao

ID: 56307
BD: 7
MD: 10
CD: 11 (+54 Regen)
LD: 8

[H:8] Mack: 157/157 (2/38) [Dynamic Violence: 4x3x13=152] (101-74=33) (+54 Regen)
[H:1]Takao: 205/205 (50/50)
Lava Dragon: -23/630 (99 DMG) [-152 DMG]

"Or you could grow a pair and ask her out," the red-headed giant bellowed, yelling after the rapidly retreating form of Takao as the swordsman ran back inside to address the red scaled tank in the room. The axe-man growled and ground his teeth in fury as, in a single hit, Takao did almost as much damage to the dragon as he had been able to accomplish in three whole rounds of combat. "I'll show you playin' with it," Mack growled, mostly to himself. With a bellow like a wounded rhino, the soldier dashed full bore into the chamber once more. Almost as if it knew what was coming, the dragon shot out its head and devoured Mack in a single gulp.

Looking rather pleased with itself, the beastie turned its attention on the lone remaining fighter. Rather suddenly, however, a look of extreme indigestion seemed to come over the dragon and a second later its head and neck were neatly severed from its body a second before the entire creature dissolved into a shower of pixels. "Why thank you, Andre... I'll have the veal piccata..." With that exclamation of victory, the warrior keeled over backwards, even as his armor worked to repair the damage of his highly dangerous, and amusing, stunt.

Thread Rewards

53 Materials
21420 Col

4 Dimensional Pouches
1SP

Dungeon Rewards

3SP
1700 Col = 8(LD) + 9(Floor#) * 100
6 Materials

TOTAL REWARDS

57 Materials - Takao
23120 Col - Takao