[SP-F5] Sunbathing continues. ptIII

Annoyed at herself for falling for such an obvious ploy, Allania stepped forward and traced an infinity sign into the Mummy's back, just below the previous slash that she had left the creature with. The creature let out a howl of pain as her dagger sunk and sliced at its body five times in quick succession. Lashing back around with its arm, trying to sideswipe the girl off of her feet. It was to no avail though, Allania had learnt her lesson from the last time she had landed a blow.

ID# 54245 results:

Battle: 9 (crit, +1DMG)

MOB: 5 (miss)

Sword art: infinite (5*1)

DMG: (8+1)*5 = 45DMG

Pharaoh 92/250 HP | 30 DMG

Allania 35/40 HP | 0/10 Energy | 8 DMG | 45 MIT | 7 THR

Edited by Allania
  • Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What Allania had not expected when she had hopped over the creatures first wildly swinging arm was the second one that followed shortly after it. This flailing limb struck her in the mid-riff, sending her reeling to the side. It did minimal damage due to her armour, but she could easily feel the force that the blow had behind it. Without her armour, a blow like that would surely send her into the red section of her health bar. She had to keep taking these blows, hoping her thorns would whittle it down until she could launch another attack to finish it.

ID# 54252 results:

MOB: 9 (crit, +1DMG)

Allania 34/40 HP | 1/10 Energy | 8 DMG | 45 MIT | 7 THR

Edited by Allania

The creature may have landed a solid blow but moments ago, but now it was back to just flailing its sword wielding limbs at her. They were easy to avoid, not even a threat. This creature obviously did not train often. "What? You're swinging like you've been dead for thousands of years!" she shouted at the creature, taunting it in a hope that the creature would sort  itself out and have a proper fight, not this prolonged one sided onslaught. It was a pathetic attempt at a taunt, but Allania was not good at such things, she was not used to riling up her enemy in combat.

ID# 54256 results:

MOB: 3 (miss)

Allania 34/40 HP | 2/10 Energy | 8 DMG | 45 MIT | 7 THR

Edited by Allania

It had been a truly pitiful taunt indeed. Not only had it not made a positive effect on the creatures attempts it seemed to have the exact opposite. It's swings becoming slower and more predictable, yet still as crazy. It was as if the creature had understood and was mocking her sarcastically with its painfully slow sword swings. Allania just kept dodging them, the sooner this is over the better, she thought. It had been a painfully slow battle.

ID# 54257 results:

MOB: 2 (miss)

Allania 34/40 HP | 3/10 Energy | 8 DMG | 45 MIT | 7 THR

Edited by Allania

It had slipped over. Falling to the floor. Again. "Seriously?" Allania asked, just standing there, incredulous that of all the dungeon bosses she would fight first it would be this one. This clown of a boss. Allania walked over to the slumped creature and helped it up, brushing off some of the dust that had covered its bandages. "Are you okay?" she asked, concerned for its wellbeing. Kayaba had been cruel to make this muppet of a monster a boss. Once the creature was back on its feet, Allania backed away and asked "Are you alright to continue?", to which it responded by letting out a howl. "I shall take that as a yes then"

ID# 54258 results:

MOB: 1 (crit fail... again, just end me now)

Allania 34/40 HP | 4/10 Energy | 8 DMG | 45 MIT | 7 THR

Edited by Allania

Her concern seemed to have fallen on deaf ears. If it still had ears. The creatures enthusiasm almost instantly vanished once it had finished its howl, it walked forward slowly and made a pathetic attempt of a cut. Allania didn't even have to move to avoid this one, it struck the fitted stones of the floor a good 50cm away. Allania just stood there sighing, raising a hand to her face, she just sighed. A long deep sigh. Why this one?, she thought, looking up, the question to Kayaba.

ID# 54260 results:

MOB: 2 (fail ;-;)

Allania 34/40 HP | 5/10 Energy | 8 DMG | 45 MIT | 7 THR

Edited by Allania

Allania could not even bring herself to attack it yet. She just wanted it to land a single hit on her. Allania jut stood there, waiting for it to land a hit. If it would ever land a hit. The khopesh of the creature seemed to dance at her, jab after thrust after slice, the blades just whistling around her. This was just getting ridiculous. Did this boss not want to even hit her? That could not be true, they were programmed to try and kill players like her. The cardinal system seemed to be playing some cruel sadistic joke by facing her against this Boss.

ID# 54276 results:

MOB: 3 (miss, -_-)

Allania 34/40 HP | 6/10 Energy | 8 DMG | 45 MIT | 7 THR

Edited by Allania

Allania just sat down, her legs aching from waiting. Just sitting there she tried to catch her breath, this battle had just gone on way too long. The thorns of her armour that she thought would be an asset seem to have done so little to help. Well, they would help if the monster landed a single blow. "Please, please just land one hit, just a little nick. Please!!" she begged the creature, who's blades were once againsinging in the air around her, but none managed to find their mark. Maybe it really doesn't want to kill me, she thought.

ID# 54278 results:

MOB: 4 (miss, A sdsfhsdgbsg miss!!)

Allania 34/40 HP | 7/10 Energy | 8 DMG | 45 MIT | 7 THR

Edited by Allania

Allania had had enough. Getting up, Allania stood in front of the wildly swinging creature and tried to give it instruction on how to hit something... that wasn't moving. "Okay, what you have to do is this," she said, performing a basic forward slash on the air in front of her, "no fancy cuts or anything. Just that". With that, Allania ran off and stood a short distance away from the creature, "okay, now you try, I'll be the target. Don't hold back now, I will be okay", she said stretching her arms out to try and make herself as big of a target as possible.

ID# 54280 results:

MOB: 3 (miss... again)

Allania 34/40 HP | 8/10 Energy | 8 DMG | 45 MIT | 7 THR

Edited by Allania

The creature walked forward, khopesh in hand. It raised the sword slowly, just like she had done. Is this it? Will it actually manage to it me? Allania thought, a smile on her face, nodding towards it in encouragement. Just as it was about to bring its sword down it lurched forward, its swords flailing about once again, missing Allania completely. In response to this, Allania just slumped forward, hand on her face. Seriously? She just continued to stand there. It was as if she was at the centre of the storm, the eye. The winds raging around her being the blades and she was the calm that sat in the centre.

ID# 54282 results:

MOB: 4 (miss)

Allania 34/40 HP | 9/10 Energy | 8 DMG | 45 MIT | 7 THR

Edited by Allania

Seeing the girl slump in front of her, the Pharaoh felt embarrassed. It was meant to be  great threat to players, ending all those that were unprepared, yet this girl had arrived, destroying its guards in a short span and had then fought it with earnest, trying her best. But it had failed, its frightening appearance having no sway on the girl that was slumped. Slumped! In front of it. The Pharaoh. Ashamed at itself, the Pharaoh walked away to go and sit in the corner, dropping its khopesh as it went  and curled itself into a ball. Rocking its giant form back and forth in an attempt to console itself.

Feeling the air currents around her disappear, Allania looked up to see that the Pharaoh had just walked off into the corner, dropping its khopesh on the floor and folding itself into the fetal position. Allania couldn't help but feel sorry for it. Walking to the khopesh that lay on the floor, Allania picked the pair up and carried them to the corner. Crouching down, she placed a comforting hand on the behemoths shoulder. She could not believe this was her first true boss fight. Hugging the boss tightly, Allania felt it start to sob into her shirt. "It's alright" she cooed, trying to calm the Pharaoh down, her hand stroking its huge head. "Come on, let's give it one more go shall we?" she asked, her voice warm, holding out its khopesh to it. Hoping dearly that it would take them.

The Pharaoh did not expect to be consoled. When it felt the warmth of the girls grip on its shoulder, the Pharaoh turned to her and began to cry into her chest. Tears of despair. It was silent sobs, not a single thing ran from its eyes, it would cry if it could, but it just could not. It did not have the moisture in its body to do so. With its khopesh being offered to it, the Pharaoh wiped at the bandages that covered its face, accepting the giant weapons gratefully. Standing up, towering once again over the girl who had been so kind to her. 

It had taken the weapons! She was making progress. Walking to where she had stood moments ago, she planted her feet wide and extended her arms once again. "Just like I showed you, swing big and with force. No erratic movements like before. You can do it, I believe in you" she encouraged, a bright smile on her face. You can do it, the thought repeating itself over and over in her mind.

Walking forward, unsure of itself, the Pharaoh looked at the girl, her encouraging smile bright. She believes in me!! the Pharaoh thought, its resolve renewed. Raising its khopesh once again, the Pharaoh braced itself for failure. Sliding one foot forward, the Pharaoh brought the sword down with all its might, right onto the girl.

The Khopesh seemed to be moving in slow motion to Allania. It was going to fall short. No! I won't let it, she thought. Allania let out a violent cough, doubling over as the sword swung at her. With the distance between them now shortened the arc of the blade hit her full in the back, sending her sprawling to the floor. Allania just lay there for a moment, it did it! it actually managed to hit me!!! Remaining on the ground, Allania just raised her arm, giving the Pharaoh a solid thumbs up. Lifting herself off the floor she stood there, grinning at the undead king. "Well done!!" she shouted joyously.

The Pharaoh did not believe it. I hit, I hit! I hit!! each time the thought growing in volume within its head. It stood there, joyous, watching as the girl first gave it a thumbs up before looking up and congratulating it. It warmed his heart. "I am glad I got to fight with you" it croaked in ancient Egyptian, its throat like sandpaper as it spoke.

Allania could not make out what the behemoth had said, but she got the message. "It's okay, me too. Shall we continue then?" she said. Raising her dagger to once again fight. 

Nodding, the Pharaoh raised its khopesh. The fight was on. A fight to the death. A fight it knew it would lose, but one it would lose graciously.

ID# 54284 results:

MOB: 10 (CRIT!!!!!!!!!, +2DMG. :D   )

Allania 33/40 HP | 10/10 Energy | 8 DMG | 45 MIT | 7 THR

Edited by Allania

They were now both ready to fight. Allania made the first move, dashing forward and slicing upwards before following up with two roundhouse kicks to the Pharaohs side. A devastating blow, reducing the behemoth to less that half its remain health. Recovering from the trian-like blows, the Pharaoh shook its head to clear it. It was its turn to attack. Stepping forward, it khopesh raised high. It tripped over. Tripping on one its own bandages that was trailing in front of it. The Pharaoh fell like a log, body rigid as it just teetered and fell. Allania just stood there, her mouth hanging wide. Again? is all she could think.

ID# 54303 results:

Battle: 8 (hit)

MOB: 1 (...crit fail)

Sword Art: Shadow stitch (3*2)

DMG: 8*6 = 48DMG

Pharaoh 44/250 HP | 30 DMG

Allania 33/40 HP | 4/10 Energy | 8 DMG | 45 MIT | 7 THR

Edited by Allania

Getting up from the ground, thoroughly embarrassed after it had resolved to fight at the best of its ability. Angry at itself now, the Pharaoh raised its khopesh like it did moments before. Its foot slid forward and it blade came whistling down. It felt the blade connect with something. That something was Allania who had once again just stood there in exasperation. But it had hit, a proper hit. Not one that the girl had to go to extremes to go to. Yes, it knew that the girl had jerked forward, getting in the line of the blade, but this time it was all its own doing. It was its own power that had landed the blow on the girl.

Allania just stood there. Waiting. Waiting for her energy to recover, waiting for the Pharaoh to get up. Just waiting. When the Pharaoh landed its blow Allania was ecstatic. "Well done!" she called out again, a smile beaming on her face.

ID# 54306 results:

MOB: 7 (hit)

Pharaoh 37/250 HP | 30 DMG

Allania 32/40 HP | 5/10 Energy | 8 DMG | 45 MIT | 7 THR

Edited by Allania

This was it. The final clash. They both knew it, they both knew that this would be the end. Running forward, Allania deflected the khopesh, the razor edge of the blade just catching her as it slid down her arm. The blow did not phase her though, not one bit. Allania had soon covered the distance between them, her dagger flying out in an arc and slicing the Pharaoh deep. Spinning on the spot, her leg lashing out and slamming into its side like but a moment ago. The Pharaoh placed a hand on her shoulder, its khopesh on the floor around it, it looked at her with what seemed like warmth on its blank face. Once again, she flipped legs, bringing her second one round to finish it. As soon as her leg connected the Pharaoh exploded, her leg flying round. When the kick was finished, Allania collapsed to the ground, sobbing. She had killed it. But it felt like she had just lost someone. Someone close to her. Allania continued to lay on the ground, holding herself as she sobbed. The torches sputtered out and the room became empty. None of the treasure that was once there remained. 

Allania's familiar trotted over, nudging her face with its cold snout. Rousing her from her cry, Allania sat up, picked up Blaze and hugged it tight. "At least I still have you" she choked through tears. It was a hollow victory. 

Picking up the materials that the creature had left behind, Allania left that dungeon. Heading out into the wasteland that surrounded the cave. 

Allania trudged through the sand, her body leaden. She walked without direction. Aimlessly wandering in the desert. When night fell on the dunes around her she was roused. I can be doing this now, I can't risk Blaze's life. I can't lose him too, is all she could think. Running towards the safety of the settlement.

ID# 54307 results:

Battle: 6 (hit)

Loot: 14

MOB: 6 (hit)

Sword Art: Shadow stitch (3*2)

DMG: 8*6 = 48DMG

Pharaoh 0/250 HP | 30 DMG

Allania 31/40 HP | 0/10 Energy | 8 DMG | 45 MIT | 7 THR

Edited by Allania