[PP-F5] (Quest) Butcher of the Sands (Hikoru)

How he managed to find himself on this floor so often as of late was a spectacle in itself. The blonde hated the searing weather the floor had to offer and hated the sand specked wind more than anything. However, there was a quest he was t undergo and today seemed perfect considering he was already on the floor. Flicking his menu up, the ex-azure sifted through his various contacts before settling on the name of a player who had recently taken interest in a long time friend of his. Hmm, what better way to test this man's will than to have him accompany me for this quest. Though he was in the last boss fight, he didn't get to prove much, and if I recall, he intended to flee anyhow, leaving Ariel to fight alone. Tch, I hope he is more of a man than that. 

Typing up a quick message of where to meet, the blonde sent Hikoru the coordinates to the Arena of the Sands, and waited patiently at it's entrance.

Hikoru was relaxing in his shop, having a lazy day when he suddenly recieved a PM from a player. He opened it up and saw that it was by the player who had struck one of the strongest players in this game smack across the face. He wore a small smirk at the thought, then sighed as it was asking him to take a Quest he had yet to take. He breathed and got up, whistling and summoning his familiar from it's bed, holding his arm out for his small ferret to climb up onto his shoulders. He waited as he did, then made his way out of the shop onto the fifth floor, making his way to the coordinates. As he approached them, he saw the player he was to help fight, and held an arm out

"Yo!" He said, then made his way towards the player. He hadn't seen him since the fight, and he was happy to see him. He wore a small smile and held out a hand for him to shake "How've you been?"

It didn't take long for the raven-haired lad to surface, as he and his ferret familiar came strolling to the entrance. His cheery demeanor quite the opposite of the depressed feeling he usually noticed when around Hikoru. Perhaps him being with Ariel isn't so bad. Grasping his hand, Oikawa gave it a firm shake and replied. "Afternoon. I've been rather well despite my last display of action you witnessed. How about yourself? How's Ariel?" While he wasn't one to usually make a whole lot of small talk, he figured he'd need to get to know more and more people as he moved away from those associated with the Azure Brigade. Hikoru seemed like a good start seeing as how they had a friend in common and as well as being already acquainted with one another. 

Hikoru nodded and shook the mans hand as he had said how he was, and he gave a nod of the head. He asked about Ariel, and he just gave a small chuckle towards him. Both him and Ariel had been scrambling around for the upcoming wedding, getting dresses and food and music completely ready for their big night. He just shook his head and laughed once more

"She's good, but she's been busy, as much as I have, getting ready for the next boss and the wedding has put a bit of stress on us. But she's doing fine..." He said. Although, he himself was still trying to cope a bit with Azide's death. He knew Ariel was struggling, but Oikawa needn't have to worry about that. He gave a small smile and a nod "How do you think the next boss fight is going to be? I hear it's to be a spider of some sorts from Ariel." He said with a small shudder

"Good to hear and congrats on that by the way. Don't think I ever got the chance to say so before. However, I'm sure you two can handle it. Ariel definitely isn't one to let things get to her that easy." Hikoru's next question caused the man to pause and really think. To think, so soon after the last boss and the loss of his dear friend and leader, Azide, that there were already talks of the next floor. Though given the last two raids, it wasn't a surprise people were quick to move on. Sighing, he looked towards the lad and replied. "I'm not too fond of arachnids but I imagine this floor boss will meet the same fate as the last. Lets just hope that this one is killed sooner and with no casualties. I can't lose another friend like Azide." Shaking the regret from his features, Oikawa looked across the dunes, more importantly the ridge they would pass over to start the quest at hand. Looking towards the ferret-toting man, Oikawa asked, "Shall we? Once we cross that ridge, the battle will begin. I hope you're ready."

Oikawa's Stats:

Spoiler

HP: 169 (164 Base + 5 Athletics)
Energy: 41
DMG: 13 (1 Base + 1 Athletics + 5 Skill + 6 Weapon)
ACC: 2/3 (1 Item + 1 Mod / +1 Concentration)
EVA: 0
MIT: 48 (12 Skill + 36 Item)
Recovery: 2 (2 Item)

Battle Skills:
Rank 1-5 One-Handed Rapier Sword Arts
Rank 3 Light Armor (12 MIT when using Armor)
Rank 3 Charge (+3 to DMG / Can only be used if Oikawa has not attacked yet / Active (Can be used alongside Sword Arts))
Rank 1 Battle Healing (On CD of 10 and up recover 5% HP / Passive)
Survival ( Increases the health you regenerate per post to 6 when out of combat. Survival also gives immunity to damage dealing environment effects.)
Concentration (Gain +1 to the BD result for a single action. / Active (5 Post cooldown)

Active Mods:
Athletics (+5 to HP / +1 to DMG)
Precision (+1 ACC)

Equipment:
Orochi (3*2 = 6 DMG)
Citrine Badge (+1 ACC / +2 REC)
Amphibian Scale (+2 PLV / +36 MIT)

Hikoru nodded and thanked the man silently. He talked about the boss for a moment, and he agreed, he wasn't much for spiders, or anything of the sorts. It makes his skin crawl at the thought. He shuddered for a minute, then agreed with him. If Zel is to hit it enough that his Fallen and/or Holy Damage came into play, then it could easily be defeated. He breathed and made sure everything was equipped, then nodded happily

"I'm ready when you are, lead the way!" He said with a small smile

HP: 104
Energy: 26
DMG: 11 (1 Base + 4 Skill + 6 Weapon)
ACC: 2/3 (+1 Equipment / +1 Familiar/ +1 Concentration)
EVA: 3
MIT: 25 (7 Skill + 18 Item)

Battle Skills:
Rank 1-4 One-Handed Dagger Sword Arts
Rank 2 Light Armor (12 MIT when using Armor)

Equipment:
The Eclipse of Shadows MK. 2(3*2 = 6 DMG)
Eclipsed Pendant (+1 ACC / +1 Evasion/ +1 LD)
Shadowed Eclipse MK. 2 (+18 MIT/ +2 Evasion)

Edited by Hikoru

"Then let's move." Taking the helm, Oikawa pushed through the sandy waves and led them to the ridge, while it was a short leap down, once you entered, you couldn't leave till the butcher was executed or your party was. Knowing this, Oikawa accepted the quest prompt that immediately made itself known the second he stepped to the ridge. "No turning back now Hikoru. Let's make this quick." Jumping down to the sanded pit, Oikawa materialized and drew his rapier, Orochi, and pointed it squarely at the crocodile creature that surfaced from the sands below. Sand crystals ran off the beast like a waterfall as he emerged before them. Roaring, the creatures name and health flickered into view. "Sando Satsu eh? Well lets get this over with." <Charging> forward, Oikawa unleashed a quick <Over Radiation>. The sword art piercing through the creatures armor, dropping its HP well below half. Stepping back, he nodded to Hikoru. "All yours."

ID: 53898 BD: 8 (6+2) [Over Radiation = 13 + 3 Charge = 16 x 13 = 208 - 20 = 188 Damage]

Oikawa: 169/169 E: 28/41 [-13 Energy]

Hikoru: 104/104 E: 26/26

Sando Satsu: 162/350 D: 40 M: 20 [-188 HP]

Sando Satsu ignores Block, Evasion, and Mitigation. But does not do bonus damage on a 9-10
-Cull of the Meek: On a natural roll of 10 he will spin with his weapon at maximum reach hitting everyone in the fight. He will gain 4 hp per person hit.
-Dominus: When he reaches 70 hp, he grows massive in size upping his damage to 50 and mitigation to 30 for the rest of the fight.

Hikoru nodded and followed, being stopped for a moment by the other player, warning him about not being able to turn back. He just gave a smile and continued to move forward. He wasn't afraid of this thing, especially with another player with him. He breathed and watched as the player already knocked out most of it's HP. He grit his teeth and continued forward, prepared to attack this creature for another large chunk of it's health. But to his dismay, the footing wasn't well under his feet, and as he tried to move forward he slipped in the sand. He grit his teeth and stood

"Sorry, didn't have good footing..." He said with a slight blush. He was embarrassed, but he knew he couldn't give up yet. He sighed and gripped his Dagger, waiting for his turn to come again.

ID: 53905

BD: 1

Oikawa: 169/169 E: 28/41

Sando Satsu: 162/350 D: 40 M: 20

Sando Satsu ignores Block, Evasion, and Mitigation. But does not do bonus damage on a 9-10
-Cull of the Meek: On a natural roll of 10 he will spin with his weapon at maximum reach hitting everyone in the fight. He will gain 4 hp per person hit.
-Dominus: When he reaches 70 hp, he grows massive in size upping his damage to 50 and mitigation to 30 for the rest of the fight.

•  
Edited by Hikoru

The blonde chuckled as Hikoru slipped in the sand. "No worries man, This thing is as good as dead as long as I don't slip." Gripping Orochi, Oikawa shot forward once again. Releasing another barrage of jabs, he quickly decimated most of the remaining HP of the monster. Sheathing his blade, the caped player turned to Hikoru and grinned. "Well that certainly was underwhelming to say the least. Go ahead and finish it off. Wish these quests were more challenging. Though I suppose if they were, it still might only take me three of four hits to kill them. Hmm, what do you say we search for a dungeon after your done here?"

ID: 53910 BD: 8 (6+2) MD: 5 [Over Radiation = 13 x 13 = 169 - 20 = 149 Damage]

Oikawa: 169/169 E: 15/41 [-13 Energy] 

Sando Satsu: 13/350 D: 50 M: 30 [-149 HP]

-Cull of the Meek: On a natural roll of 10 he will spin with his weapon at maximum reach hitting everyone in the fight. He will gain 4 hp per person hit.
-Dominus: When he reaches 70 hp, he grows massive in size upping his damage to 50 and mitigation to 30 for the rest of the fight.

Hikoru grit his teeth and charged forward. He wasn't going to miss again, not while he had a good chance to finish it off. Using his <<Concentration>> Skill, he charged forward and made his mark, stabbing the Shark through it's torso in a Square. He backed away as the creature turned into pixels before his eyes. He smiled and turned, giving Oikawa a thumbs up

"There, that was easy! What next?" He asked with a small smile.

ID:  BD: 3+3(+2 Stats +1 Concentration= 6 Hik used Fad Edge: 4x1=4x11=44-30=14 Damage to Sando

Oikawa: 169/169 E: 15/41

Hikoru: 104/104 E: 22/26 (-4)

Sando Satsu: -1/350 D: 50 M: 30 (-14)

Edited by Hikoru

"Well first we should rest, then we should start looking for that dungeon lurking around these dunes." Spotting a nice rock over looking the rest of the pit, Oikawa swung both legs over the edge as he took a seat and brought up his menu. Cycling through his items, he grabbed a water and unequipped his Citrine Badge. He then replaced the badge with a leopard plushie that he quickly tied to his waist. The little item of fur grant him luck when searching for materials and dungeons, so he figured now was a good time to put it to use. Quenching his thirst, he watched as his Energy bar climbed ever so slightly, keeping his eyes peeled for materials as he did.

"So, Hikoru, how'd you and Ariel meet?" asked the blonde with a slight chuckle.

ID: 53940 LD (Material): 4 (2+2)

Hikoru nodded and continued forward, putting his Dagger away and starting to look around for items that he could find. But he couldn't find anything so far and decided to move location. He was asked how he met Ariel, and he sat down, a small laugh escaping his lips. It brought him back to his first time he met her, and he smiled

"She helped me the first day of leaving the first floor... She gave me my first pair of armor, Pride... Although they we're a pair of green pants." He said with a laugh, then he sighed "I suppose I had a crush on her then, even if it was small.... Then my friend Takneil hooked us up because he knew about it, and well, you know where it went from there." He said with a laugh

ID: 53947

LD: 2+2= 4

Edited by Hikoru

"Hmm, I see I see. Despite her in shop prices, she has always been rather generous. Ironically enough, i think we were in the same boat as far as meeting her, albeit rather than myself crushing on her, it was her crushing on me. And for the longest time I was oblivious too it up until last year's Valentine's Festival. So I'm really glad she could find somebody that could reciprocate those feelings, as she was always be a great best friend in my book." Scanning the are once more, he looked for anything worth mining and as usual nothing turned up. Checking his energy once again, he sighed. Just a bit longer should do.

ID: 54034 LD (Material): 5 (3+2)

Hikoru listened and nodded at the boy, enjoying the small stories shared between the both of them. He wasn't sure if the boy had any sort of feelings towards his bride-to-be, but he wasn't a person to ask those sort of questions. He just breathed and continued to look, but saw nothing that he could use as a material. He stood and moved to another area for anything else that he could find.

"Sounds like you had a rough realization huh?... I tried denying my feelings for her, but... Well I suppose I couldn't..." He said with a small laugh. He tried to stay friends with her, but he fell head over heels for her, and he couldn't do anything about it

ID: 54036

LD: 1+2=3

Edited by Hikoru

"Rough? Maybe not so, but yes a realization nonetheless. While she is a great friend, I realized I didn't want to be anything more than that, just friends. Which is why I'm glad she has you. Don't let me down Hikoru and don't let those feelings go unanswered," exclaimed the blonde with a serious yet playful chuckle. His energy had finally reclaimed its hundred percent status, but the boy was content with chatting and searching just a bit longer. The dunes wouldn't spawn any faster whether they search for it or not. Plus if they didn't find it rather quickly he was all for heading right back home to rest from the sweltering heat.

Hikoru nodded and made a small laugh. He was glad that Ariel had friends that cared for him, and he gave a small smile and a nod. He hoped that he had a few friends like that, but for the moment he wasn't sure. The only real person that he trusted at the moment was Ariel, and he didn't feel like trusting anyone the same as her. He sighed and sat down in the sands. He enjoyed the feeling of heat, as long as it was bearable. And his multiple trips to floor 9 made this floor seem like a sauna compared to what he had to go through there. He breathed and looked at Oikawa, and gave him a small smile

"I promise I won't... And thanks, for caring for Ariel. I'm glad to see that she has friends she can rely on." He said with a small laugh. He was enjoying this time with the player, and didn't mind sitting here for awhile longer.

"I will hold you to that, and it's only natural. She was one of the first few friends I ever made. She also serves as my rival in the way of the rapier. Which reminds me, her and I are due for a rematch soon." The blonde laughed at the thought. The memory of their first fight still very vivid despite the state of mind the cloaked lad was in at the time. Twas not a good time for him back then and he was in very bad place. Ariel among a few more of his comrades dragged him out of it, though he fears that beast still lays dormant within. Shaking the thoughts away, he looked towards Hikoru and spoke. "I suppose we should start looking around. The dune won't find itself."

Hikoru gave a nod. He understood where he came from, as Ariel was too one of his first friends. But instead of staying friend, he was marrying her now, and really, he couldn't be happier. He nodded at the player and stood in the sand. It was about time they searched for a dune, and he breathed as he started to look around the area. He sighed and gave the player a small laugh

"Well I suppose we better get started then, since there are tons and tons of sand around us, we could be around here for months." After he said this, he started to dig around, seeing if anything could be found

"Aye, this place is expansive and I'd rather not be here for months haha. So keep your eyes peeled." Flicking his own orbs from right to left, he scanned the sea of sand for any type of entrance. One that would lead them to a sub-dungeon beneath the surface. However his search was  utterly futile as he moved along the sandy waves. "Perhaps we should check over there", he said pointing behind them."We might have better luck over there since the ridge drops off over there." Trudging through the brown crystals, he pushed forward as to lead the way. He gestured for the raven-haired man to follow suit.

Hikoru nodded and ran down the slope to see if he could find anything, but was met with a wall of sand and stone, nothing else there. He sighed and gave a shake of the head to Oikawa, sadly not able to find any sort of sub-dungeon. And he was already hot and exhausted from the adventure, and didn't feel like continuing forward.

"Wanna just head home? I'd love to keep looking around but the day's almost up, and I don't want to have to wander around in the dark." He said with a light laugh.

ID: 54120

LD: 14+2= 16

Edited by Hikoru