[PP-F5] Desert Dungeons (Allania) Pt.2

Hydra was lay down on his back, it was night time and he was out admiring the stars, or the digital equivalent. He had decided to stay here for just the night, he had upset his friend earlier and had stayed back to think things over. Twilight was lay next to him perched on the large red rock the pair had managed to find, it was uncomfortable but better than all the sand which offered nothing but scorpion stings. "Hmm, I wonder if they change at all.", his voice was dreary and almost separate to his mind as though he were speaking to someone not there. Rolling over to get some rest the brunette hugged his spear tightly remembering he was still far from a safe zone.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was dark now. Allania had wandered far from where her and Hydra had last been, going off on her own. She had still not quite forgiven Hydra for poking her familiar, but having the time she had to consider it, she had begun to feel like she had overreacted more and more. He probably had not meant anything by it, as simple a jest as her building a shelter while fighting the bandits. To her though it had been different, if it was her that he had poked then it would have been fine, but he had done it to her closest companion this world, the one who had saved her from the solitude that oft accompanied the players of this world. "What was I thinking?!" she exclaimed to the dark dunes around her, Hydra had been as much of a companion to her as Blaze. I need to try and find him and apologise, she thought, turning back to try and find her friend. Hoping he was okay.

"Cu..cuh...!" Hydra felt a hand gripped round his throat, he couldn't breath. Twilight was crying he looked to his left, a dark figure covered in scars and with hideous smile on his face was bringing up a knife to his familiar. Hydra raised his hand, his eyes were bloodshot "No...no". The player began fumbling around for his spear but the hand around his neck was clenching down hard. The spearman grabbed them but was already weak, his eyes grew tired and his mind went blank. The stars in the sky slowly started fading out and his arms dropped by his side. "Is this it?..." he thought to himself.

<Highway woman> 35/35 HP | 7 MIT | 25 DMG

<Highway man> 35/35 HP | 7 MIT 25 DMG

Hydra 53/60 HP

Edited by Hydra

Allania continued to wander back in the direction she had come. Taking out a chocolate bar from her inventory she began to nibble away at it. It was a good chocolate bar. One that would give her better luck when trying to find things. Blaze on her heels, Allania walked back up the dune she had breached not long ago. When she was at its crest, Allania began to scan the horizon, hoping her tracks had not yet faded, or that Hydra ha not strayed far from where they were together last. It was dangerous out here at night, and she did not want anything happening to her friend. Spotting the tracks that she had left, Allania began to follow them. Her hopes high to meet the Spearman again shortly.

-chocolate bar (acquired here: link)

+2LD

"Darkness, that's all I can see". Hydra was floating about in some unknown realm. Stuck in a waking dream state, every word he spoke seemed to echo for eternity. "What happened?... Am I dead?" The words came out slowly and had a mysterious tone to them. "Alright I guess I will just close my eyes". As he drifted off a sharp pain shot up through his body, "No... please!" An unquenchable blood lust shot through his body "That's right, give into my power. Kill them... kill them all.."

Hydra's eyes flickered open, a the grey blue had changed to a deeper red. The brunette grasped the hand choking him and ripped it off him instantly the figures staggered backwards. "Oh how interesting, I see your not creatures at all". His tone had changed to something dark and sinister, he picked up his spear and slashed his hand with it. "I suggest you let go of my familiar there..." Raising his spear he pointed it at the individual holding Twilight. "My other self would be ever so sad if anything were to happen to him"...

ID# 54685 results:

Battle: 4 (miss)

Craft: 7 (+9 health)

MOB: 8-3 (fail)

Hydra 60/60 HP | 13/15 Energy | 6 DMG | 3 EVA | 9 RGN | 18 MIT

Orange Player 35/35 HP | 7 MIT | 25 DMG

Orange Player 35/35 HP | 7 MIT | 25 DMG

Edited by Hydra

Allania continued to follow the trail that she had made. It had been quite a while since they parted ways, having not yet been night time when they had separated. Since separating Allania had not stopped walking. She had just continued to wander away, aimlessly moving through the desert. But now she had a purpose to her movement. She wanted to find Hydra before the Sun rose on the desert long enough. She had left it long enough, if not too long. Hopefully he'd be able to accept her apology, she just hoped she had not offended him too greatly. Cresting dune after dune, sliding down slope after slope, Allania was making ever greater progress to where they had last been together.

(These spawned mobs are for RP only - not material gathering or anything else)

The two figures seem to look towards each other, Hydra gave a dead stare backwards. The smaller one who had Twilight let go of her. The snake dragon quickly dissapeared under a rock. "Sorry..." the voice said to the partner before darting off somewhere in the desert. A grin grew on Hydra's face. "Now then, shall we begin?" He opened up his body spreading his arms out as though he were taunting the player. "I'll let you strike first". The figure lumbered over and swung a great axe at the spear user, he easily sidestepped out the way although it was erratic and provoking. The brunette simply laughed at the orange players attempts.

ID# 54690 results:

Battle: 3

MOB: 6-3

Edited by Hydra

Nearly there, I must be nearly there, she thought, cresting yet another dune as she traveled back to where she had last seen the Spearman. Atop this dune, one that was seemingly higher than the others, she scanned the horizon, looking for Hydra. Off in the distance she could just make something out. Three humanoid figures moving about on the sand a distance away from her. She could not tell what they were doing, but one of them could be Hydra. He could be in danger, or it could be friendly players. Either way it was better to go and check. To make sure that he was safe, rather than assume that he was to be okay. Determined to reach there in time, Allania set off at a jog, heading in the direction that she saw the players in.

Hydra simply kept dodging the flurry of blows coming towards him. The same grin and same laugh in his voice. Yet the Brunette did not strike out himself, he liked toying with this player making them angry and flustered. After about 5 minutes the other player was panting. Without saying a word he quickly whimpered and ran off after his ally. "A shame I would have liked some more fun". Hydra said tilting his head and watching the orange player run away. In the distance he saw a small figure approaching. His smile soon returned "We can't have our friend seeing us like this... can we?" The spearman turned back around, yawned and quickly fell asleep on the rock.

ID# 55131 results:

MOB: 6-3 (fail)

Edited by Hydra

When she finally arrived at the site she had previously spotted there was no real sign of the two others, just tracks heading off into the distance. What she did find there though was the sleeping form of Hydra, her Spearman friends who she had previously walked away from. What was weird to her was that she had seen them all moving, so questions just ran through her head. What happened? Did the others survive? Who were the others? But she could not think of that now, she had to check Hydra. Rushing over to his side, sliding down to her knees as she approached, Allania knelt by his side, speaking softly she said "Hydra, are.. are you alright?" worried slightly as to the response she may or may not get. He can't be dead, for that she was sure, he would be long gone if that were so.

Hydra opened his eyes at the sound of Allania's voice. The regular blue color had returned to his eyes. As he sat up and rubbed them he remembered he was being choke before he fell unconscious, "A bad dream?" He thought to himself. The spearman looked at Allania "Hey there... im fine but what are you doing up here?". As the Brunette waited for a response he glanced around, all of a sudden Twilight flew from under a rock and rested on top of his head. Hydra smiled and yawned, turning to watch the sun rise the figures of two players could be made at running.

"What happened here?" she asked, worry tinging the edge of her voice. "When I spotted you from a distance there were three figures here, you and I can only assume two others. What happened to them? Were you fighting? Most of all are you okay?" the worry was clear in her voice now, not a tinge of her usual demeanor upon her face. It was no longer warm with joy, though it was still warm. Warm with worry. Worry for what Hydra had been through. Quickly scanning his body Allania let out a sigh of relief, there was not a mark in sight, she could not see a single pixelated red gash. He was unharmed. Thank god, she thought to herself as her frame slumped in relief.

Hydra just tilted his head and gave Allania a puzzled look, Twilight one as well. "I think you got sunstroke again..." He said whimsically, as though he had uncovered the founding of the universe. The spearman saw blaze Allania's little pig. Deciding he had taken it to far he sat and waved with the innocent friendly smile "I'm sorry little one". He didn't dare go in for a stroke just in case Allania got personal about porky blaze again. Stretching out his arms he felt unusually tired. "So what's the plan for today?" He asked, his speech slurred as it mixed in with his yawn.

"Sun stroke? At night?" Allania asked exasperated "What about those sets of tracks away from here?" she asked gesturing to where two humans had retreated. Sighing Allania just shook her head, it was clear she would be unlikely to get anymore from the daydreamer in front of her. "It's nice to see you've warmed up to Blaze, and he clearly accepts your apology" she said, as the Boar bounced about in the sand. "As for today I think we should try once again to find a sub-dungeon. They're not the easiest things to find but they're interesting" she noted, recalling her first and only sub-dungeon experience.

Hydra looked at the tracks and shrugged, "Coyotes?" He bent down and adjusted his boots before responding to Allania's proposal. "Alright, sounds good... It's going to be difficult to find one though". Stretching his arms behind his back he once again looked at that vast expanse of sand that was floor 5. He was unsure where to begin, in most directions they would be attacked by  sand snakes, scorpions or even toads as they had found out a few days before hand. "I will let you lead this time". He noticed his dagger using friend had almost reached his level, so wasn't going to let her slack off now.

Allania sighed into her hand, shaking her head. The tracks were clearly those of a humanoid, there was no way a coyote had a human-like foot. He was clearly out of it though so she just dropped it. "Yeah, they are quite difficult to find, but I have a good feeling today. I've had a chocolate bar, and I have my lucky dress on. Both of which should help greatly in the search for a dungeon" she said, looking out over the dunes that surrounded them. "Letting me lead may be a good idea" she agreed, "after all something happened to you that we're not too sure about, so we should make sure you're okay before we let you take the brunt of the blows. Even if your new armour is as good as mine". With that said, Allania headed up the nearest dune to look around, to see what could be seen. Whether there were any enemies they could fight. Whether there were any materials lying about. Or any hints of a sub-dungeon to be found.

Hydra was only half listening to Allania rant on about something, he was still tired. Noticing that she was heading up a nearby dune he quickly followed her. Taking a look around he suddenly pondered why there were no cacti in this desert. "Hmmm" Stroking his chin the player threw a look around, the only thing he could see at all was sand and nothing else. Sighing he started mumbling to himself, he hated this floor more than any other. It was simply to boring.

ID# 55706 results:

Loot: 2

Edited by Hydra

When she got to the top of the dune Allania looked out over the desert. What she was looking for was materials, even in this desolate place one could oft find something of use, something that could be turned into an item. From atop the crest she could not see much, there were no plants here nor there, no creatures that she could see. However there could easily be creatures laying within the dunes, hiding beneath the sands, ready to pounce upon unsuspecting prey. With no materials in sight Allania began to slide down the dune, towards the trough at the bottom.

ID# 55720 results:

Loot: 9 + 4 = 13  (no mat)

Edited by Allania

As Hydra watched from the top of the dune he also looked out for anything out of place. Not noticing anything he stepped forward but rather than slide down the dunes he fell over head first and shot down it nearly taking Allania out with him. By the time he reached the bottom he spat out so much sand that he lost his appetite. Standing back up and shaking out the loose sand that had got in his shoes he just shrugged and continued on the material hunt. With the look they were both having he seriously doubted the chance of finding a dungeon.

ID# 55722 results:

Loot: 1

Edited by Hydra

As Allania was sliding down the dunes, the sand collapsed underneath her, causing her to tumble downwards below the sands. She landed with a thud, hitting the sand beneath her. Getting up she looked around, it seemed she was in a hole. Allania let out a sigh, it seemed like once again there was no sub-dungeon to be found. The hole was too deep for her to clamber out of, the sides unstable, shifting under her hands, sand sliding down around her. What there did seem to be was a small tunnel at the bottom of her pit, made from roughly hewn stonework. It was no sub-dungeon but ti was a start.

ID# 55725 results:

Loot: 3 + 4 = 7 (no sub-dungeon)

Edited by Allania