[SP-F5] A Hunter's Life // Road to 300 Mats part 2 <<EaL>> COMPLETE

A Hunter's Life
Road to 300 Mats
Part 2

<<EaL Redux>>

It had become a determination factor by now that I was going to finish gathering all 300 materials that I promised, but the clients that I had been with have gone quiet.  That was no longer any of my concern.  The fact that I had a goal would only push me further into the hunt.  I needed to get away from the troubles that everything and everyone were giving me.  The guild is always needing of my hunters tactics and prowess, but lately it's been the same old thing.  We go out, fight as a group, find the dungeon, and beat it.  There wasn't much too it after a while, but the thrill of the hunt was not there.  Sure, we got to face bosses that we had never seen before, and grow as we did, but I needed more.  I needed to hunt.

+2 Damage Potion used

Edited by Hirru

Going back into the desert of the fifth floor, I wanted to continue my search for the scorpion nest, and I was determined to find it.  With or without the help of anything else.  I would follow the same trek as last time, but with the ever shifting sands, I was forced to follow the infinite dunes.  Some time later, I would come up on a full pod of scorpions that seemed to be scavenging on some dead creature, which was odd as all dead things would shatter into light.  Without thinking much on it, I quickly made my way through them.

Scorpion
HP: 50
DMG: 20
MIT: 12

[ID: 55402]
[BD: 6+2] Hit
[Sword Art: Lightning Fall] 1x7x10=70-12= 58 AOE dmg
[LD: 11+3] 50x5x4= 1000 Col

Hirru - [96 / 96 hp // 10 / 24 en] (-14 en)

Scorpion [0 / 50 hp] (-58 hp) [+1 Mat]

Total Treasure
4 Mats
1000 Col

Edited by Hirru

After destroying that group, I wasn't really surprised to find that one was hiding in the sands.  It struck out at me, but the damage was minimal and was immediately healed by Sorrow.  I didn't take long into activating the Deadly Sins sword art that would skewer the scorpion, causing it to shatter into the same little light fragments, that would take everyone that died to their maker.  I didn't have the time to waste upon these creatures, and just continued on my way.

[ID: 55412]
[BD: 3+2+1] Hit
[Concentration Activated]
[Sword Art: Deadly Sins] 7x1x10=70-12= 58 dmg
[LD: 19+3] 50x10= 500 Col + 1 Extra Mat
[MD: 8-1] Hit 20-7= 13 dmg
[CD: 9] Regen +27 hp

Hirru - [96 / 96 hp // 4 / 24 en] (+1 en / -13 hp / +27 hp / -7 en)

Total Treasure
6 Mats
1500 Col

Edited by Hirru

After expending so much energy, I started to figure that I needed to become stronger to be able to successfully carry out multiple attacks at once.  Soon, that would be a reality, but not soon enough.  While watching my energy slowly replenish, I felt that it was going way too slowly.  I had ordered several energy replenishing items from Grave, but apparently, he was quite busy with orders and couldn't come up with the time to make mine.  That was fine, though.  He needed some time for himself, as the guild has been needy for his use as a Martial Artist.

[ID: 55415][LD: 10+3] Nothing

Edited by Hirru

The sands of the fifth floor continued to be a mystery to me, as the wind continued to blow sand to different parts of the floor.  Every so often, one would discover the ruins of some old structures that had once been a large kingdom.  At least, that's what the people of this floor say to me whenever I ask about those ruined obelisks.  I haven't found anything to show evidence of it, but I felt that they would tell me more about this world.  Maybe even more about my own world, but I doubted that.

[ID: 55418][LD: 4+3] Nothing

Edited by Hirru

Without out any kind of guide markers, the fifth floor was a hell storm of bad news for anyone that didn't have navigational skills.  The harsh environment with the constant heat that wilted ones health, to the occasional sand storm that would block ones view for some time.  Thankfully, the Survival skill took care of the harsh heat that would have made hunting here a horrible experience, but that still left the sand storms.  As I walked through the desert, I could see one billowing up in the distance as it moved out towards the main dungeon.

[ID: 55420][LD: 11+3] Nothing

Edited by Hirru

As I watched out for any sudden changes in the wind patterns from the sand storm, I was quickly blindsided by an attack from a scorpion horde.  Two of them had clamped down on my legs to hold me in place, with their pincers.  The other two used their stingers to cause a massive amount of damage to me.  Thankfully, Sorrow was able to heal all of the damage taken again.  I needed to force myself out of the scorpions grip before I could attack, or else I would become a pin cushion.  Whatever that was?

[ID: 55421]
[BD: 3+2] Miss
[MD: 10-1] Hit 22-7= 15x4 =  60 dmg
[CD: 10] Regen 27x4 = 108 hp

Hirru - [96 / 96 hp // 22 / 24 en] (-2 en / -60 hp / +108 hp)

Scorpion [50 / 50 hp]
Scorpion [50 / 50 hp]
Scorpion [50 / 50 hp]
Scorpion [50 / 50 hp]

Total Treasure
6 Mats
1500 Col

Edited by Hirru

Releasing myself from the grasps of the scorpions wasn't easy, but I was slightly thankful for the Lightning Fall sword art.  The ability to jump unencumbered and still strike the ground was enough to destroy the enemy yet again.  It felt that I was using the technique too much, but that was my thoughts on Sharp Nail and Vertical Square when I first got them.  Though, that thought process would have to wait, as I felt that the fight wasn't over yet.  There was always something hidden in the sands.

[ID: 55453]
[BD: 7+2] Hit
[Sword Art: Lightning Fall] 1x7x10= 70-12 = 58 AOE
[LD: 14+3] 50x5x4 = 1000 Col

Hirru - [96 / 96 hp // 9 / 24 en] (+1 en / -14 en)

Scorpion [0 / 50 hp] (-58 hp) [+1 Mat]

Total Treasure
10 Mats
2500 Col

Edited by Hirru

As if on cue, the last scorpion erupted from the sands, but I didn't give it a moment to attack.  Seven deadly hits would explode out from the glowing sword, Solace, and completely eviscerate the enemy scorpion.  As it exploded, the prompt from the fight would show me the earnings of the fight.  A fair sized contribution from this mass of scorpions was always good to see.  With that, I continued on into the desert to find more groups of scorpions or cacti that I could harvest from. 

[ID: 55516]
[BD: 3+2+1] Hit <Concentration Activated>
[Sword Art: Deadly Sins] 1x7x10= 70-12 = 58 AOE
[LD: 3+3] Nothing

Hirru - [96 / 96 hp // 2 / 24 en] (+1 en / -7 en)

Total Treasure
11 Mats
2500 Col

Edited by Hirru

Following my own way through the sandy region, I would figure that by now I would have found something.  A piece of a building or an obelisk that would mark my way through the desert.  Unfortunately, there wouldn't be anything that would be denoted as architectural or anything to assume that an ancient civilization was once here.  All that could be seen in most directions was sand, and not much else.  The sandstorm near the 5th floor dungeon was still prominent, but not a danger at this point.

At some point in time, I found a large dune that sheltered one from the heat of the land.  Fair shade for some time before the sun re positioned to a point where the shadow would not be prominent.  Though, that didn't matter much, as the floors seemed to keep their own lighting system while the sun and moon mostly kept the time of day.  Keeping that in mind, if someone was only living outside of town, people could still tell the time of day from the position of the sun and their internal time.  A funny little gimmick as a hunter, as I rarely used it. 

Edited by Hirru

When the time came that I needed to move out, I found that an hour had passed since I took shelter under the dune.  I didn't realize how much time would pass while I sat down for a rest.  It would seem that the day was slowly turning towards the afternoon, if I read the patterns correctly.  That, and I could just look at the clock, but I didn't like to use it as much.  Getting to know your surroundings was something that I kept learning about myself.  I could learn on the fly about something, and use it to my advantage.  Hopefully, I would find out how that would work out in my favor.

It didn't take long for another set of scorpions for find their way into my proximity.  It seemed that I had something of a knack for sensing these things, or was it the Search skill acting up?  I couldn't really tell for certain, but when the scorpions popped out from the ground, I was already in midair.  Landing between them, I shoved Solace into the ground to execute the Lightning Fall sword art.  The explosive force of lightning striking out in all directions would blast away the scorpions, turning them into scattered light.  It was then that I noticed something.  I leveled up at some point, and didn't notice it.

[ID: 56817]
[BD: 6+2] Hit
[LD: 10+3] 50x5x4 = 1000 Col

Hirru - [100 / 100 hp // 11 / 25 en] (-14 en)

Total Treasure
15 Mats
3500 Col

Edited by Hirru

With the power of my last art, I found myself in the cooldown state in which I couldn't move.  It happened quite often enough that I expected it to wear off in time, but it lasted for a time, which was something that I couldn't control.  It would be at that time that the sand behind me began to shift, and a new scorpion would appear from its depths.  Trying with all of my might I could not move an inch to dodge out of the way, or counter any attack.  It wasn't until I felt the wind pass by my ear that I saw the stinger of the scorpion flash into view.  It missed me by mere inches.  It would be at that time that I finally regained control and rolled away.

[ID: 56822]
[BD: 1+2] Miss
[Sword Art: N/a]
[MD: 3-1] Miss

Hirru - [100 / 100 hp // 10 / 25 en] (+1 en / -2 en)

Scorpion [50 / 50 hp] 

Total Treasure
15 Mats
3500 Col

Edited by Hirru

I didn't expect it to come at me with full force.  That was what I thought as I quickly turned from the roll, to find the stinger quickly implanted into my chest.  Sorrow didn't seem to be doing anything to stop the power of the hit, as I was blasted backward.  I couldn't catch myself in time, as well, to prevent the coming damage that a cacti would deliver to me.  It was then that I started to remembered that I shouldn't haphazardly attack the creatures of this world.  They were just as cunning as a regular human being, even though they were mostly monsters.

[ID: 56823]
[BD: ] Not attacking
[Sword Art: N/a]
[MD: 10] Crit +2 22-7= 15
[CD: 3] Nothing

Hirru - [85 / 100 hp // 11 / 25 en] (+1 en / -15 hp)

Scorpion [50 / 50 hp]

Total Treasure
15 Mats
3500 Col

Edited by Hirru

I returned to my feet in a timely fashion, as I figured that the scorpion was quite fast and too aggressive to be left with any time to think.  I was right to think so as the scorpion was still pushing forward towards me.  This time, I was ready.  Solace began to glow a bright red before shooting forward when the scorpion came into reach.  Several thrusts of the sword into the carapace, and the scorpion stopped its aggression before shattering into many brilliant shards of light.  I fell to one knee after that as the rewards came up from that fight.  Little to anything, but enough to keep one going for a few days.

[ID: 56827]
[BD: 6+2] Miss
[Sword Art: Deadly Sins] 7x1x10= 70-12 = 58
[LD: 1+3] None

Hirru - [85 / 100 hp // 5 / 25 en] (+1 en / -7 en)

Scorpion [0 / 50 hp] (-58 hp) [+1 Mat]

Total Treasure
16 Mats
3500 Col

Edited by Hirru

Swiping away the battle results and awards from the last fight, I opened up my menu with a swipe of my index and thumb pressed together.  Maneuvering through it while looking up certain details about the level up that happened not too long ago, I found that I didn't really change much at all.  I was finally level 25, but I didn't feel any different from before.  It was probably because of my current equipment, as it was still tier one gear.  The strength of each of my current set was quite small compared to the likes of Mack, and others.  Even the Holy Katana that he made for Opal was stronger than any gear that he had now.

"I need to get better gear."

[ID: 56830]
[LD: 6+3] Nothing

Edited by Hirru

Going from my equipment, I then transitioned into the inventory to look at all of my items that I had obtained.  Most of them were potions and items that he gained from quests, while others were the materials that I had worked so hard for.  The count seemed to dwindle quite quickly now, as my profession as a Merchant became a new expansion in my life.  Not only could I look into the stats of items, but I could even enhance them past their current limit.  Though, I hear about equipment that have gone higher than I can even see.  I wish I could lay my eyes on one of those.

[ID: 56832]
[LD: 5+3] Nothing

Edited by Hirru

It was then that continued looking through the menu into the skills tab.  Looking in there, I found that I was barely there for a certain modification for the Search skill that would give me a better chance to find sub-dungeons.  That way, I could be more useful to the guild, and to everyone else.  In the long run, I wanted all of the Knights of the Blood Oath to be in the front lines, but Mack mostly wants me to worry about the elite strike force, the Crimson Blades.  Hovering over the skills, I could have sworn that I gained Martial Arts when I was with Grave, as it didn't have any point in it.  I probably had to level it with everything else that I needed.

[ID: 56833]
[LD: 5+3] Nothing

Edited by Hirru

Swiping away the menu after I was done looking at what I needed, I seemed to be just in time for another wave of the determined insects.  The scorpions erupted from the sands, as they always did, ready to strike at me with their pincers and stingers.  Readying my attack, I jumped up into the air to activate the Lightning Fall sword art, that dealt quite a bit of damage upon impact with the ground.  Slamming Solace into the sand, lightning shot out once again to strike all of the scorpions in the given area.  They did not stand a chance, and were obliterated on the spot.

[ID: 56834]
[BD: 7+2] Hit
[LD: 9+3] 50x5x4 = 1000 Col

Hirru - [100 / 100 hp // 11 / 25 en] (-14 en)

Total Treasure
20 Mats
4500 Col

Edited by Hirru