[SP-F5] A Hunter's Life // Road to 300 Mats part 2 <<EaL>> COMPLETE

It was after the battle with those four scorpions that it finally happened.  The sand around me seemed to shift in great volume before falling into the ground itself, taking me with it.  The fall didn't take very long, nor was it a bad landing, as the sand that fell seemed to take most of the impact.  That didn't mean that it didn't feel like it hurt, as it felt as if a certain amount of force went through my body.  I slid down a small hill of sand that had accumulated from the hole in the ground.  It seemed that I had fallen into a ruin that was hidden in the sands for quite some time.  Parts of the walls were crumbling from the weight of the sands above, which is probably how made the hole in the ceiling in the first place.  Getting up, I patted myself down before grabbing Solace that fell from my grip as I fell.

"I think that I found a dungeon.."

[ID: 56835]
[LD: 16+3] Beginner Sub-Dungeon Found
[4 / 4 Mobs]
[1 / 1 Boss]

Total Treasure
20 Mats
4500 Col

Edited by Hirru

This was the first time that I was alone in a sub-dungeon, and I was full of emotions about it.  Excitement was the first one, as I was now a true blood hunter of all things.  The second would be fascination and wonder, as I searched the corridors of the abandoned ruins of a long lost civilization.  If I could understand the writings and symbols on the wall, I bet that I could get some lore from this land.  Unfortunately, I wouldn't be given that luxury as I heard scuttling of insects coming towards me.  

Readying Solace, I looked at my energy, but it was half empty.  There wasn't enough for another Lightning Fall, but I could still use something of moderate strength.  Four scorpions came out towards me from the ruins, and I activated a four hit combo that I had not used in a long time <<Vertical Square>>.  In the end, it seemed to do the trick and killed all four of the insects before they could get close enough.  They must have been much weaker than their scouting counterparts on the surface.  This area must be the nest, as they didn't suspect something to stumble across them.  This also gave me the question on the ecology of scorpions, and if they nested like this.  More lore related things to look into, maybe.

Scorpion
HP: 20
DMG: 15
MIT: 5

[ID: 56838]
[BD: 3+2+1] Hit (Concentration Activated)
[Sword Art: Vertical Square] 4x1x10= 40-5= 35 AOE
[LD: 6+3] Nothing

Hirru - [100 / 100 hp // 5 / 25 en] (+1 en / -8 en)

Scorpion [0 / 20 hp] (-35 hp

Total Treasure
20 Mats
4500 Col

Edited by Hirru

With the destruction of those weaker enemies, I figured that I should defeat the scorpions spawn or mother.  I didn't want more to come pouring out of this place after I explored it.  Speaking of exploration, this place was rather big for a ruins that was lost in the sands of the fifth floor.  Of course, the reason for most of that was that these floors used to be from different lands, and something tore them from their homes to form this castle in the sky, Aincrad.  At least, that's what I kept finding from the bits of lore from the last few floors.  The elves of the third floor were the most helpful with their lore coming in a form that was vocal, as they were nearly timeless.  History was quite the fun thing to learn, as it is mostly memories of the world.

< 1 / 3 OOC >

Turning a corner, I found myself looking at a large door that I found fairly familiar.  Even though I had never been on the front lines, as I was too weak to do anything, I was still able to explore the previous dungeons.  All of them were expansive and would have taken days to explore fully, but the front liners had ran through them in months.  What little was left was picked apart by the people of Aincrad, which left nothing but the few sub-dungeons that were created out of nowhere.  Players were able explore the dungeons of each floor at their leisure, while keeping in mind the strength needed to survive in one.  During a dungeon dive with Mack, Beoreson, and Xion; we all explored the first floor dungeon long after the front lines had passed the 10th floor.  We saw the doors that stood in front of me now.  

This was the door to the boss room.

<< 2 / 3 OOC>>

Edited by Hirru

Opening my menu, I flipped through my inventory until I found one of the quests rewards that I received from this very floor.  Sand Armor was apparently a potion that I only heard of, but it may be useful in the coming fight.  Uncorking the bottle, I took a swig before repulsively pulling the bottle back.  It tasted gritty like sand!  Though, at the current moment, I would rather taste sand than die a quick death, and quickly downed the rest of it.  I'll have to scrap the taste from my tongue once I get out of here, I thought as I looked at the imposing doorway.

"Well, I'm not getting out of here from any other way."

I said before opening the door.

-1 Sand Armor [+9 Mit]

<< 3 / 3 OOC | Energy Regen >>

Edited by Hirru

Stats going into Boss Fight

Spoiler

Hirru

HP - 100
EN - 25
DMG - 8 (1+5+3)
MIT - 16 (7+9)
ACC - 2
EVA - 1
RGN - 27
Search - 3

latest?cb=20160110204342

The Matron Scorpion
HP: 250
DMG: 30
On a natural roll of 10, the opponent is paralyzed.

Within the room that I assumed to be the boss room, I could see nothing but darkness.  That was until several torches came to life around the room, giving light to the empty room. 

"Wait, what?"

The room was completely empty except for the large pool of sand that seemed to encompass the entirety of the room.  In wonder of where the boss could be, I walked forward across the sands.  It would be then that a felt a slight tremor.  Another would take its place with a little more strength before sand erupted all around me.  I had to cover my face to keep the sand from getting in my eyes, but as the sand died down, I could see a large silhouette.  It soon turned into a large pincer that nearly crushed me, but I was able to duck out of the way.  Rolling out of there, I saw the full body of the boss called <<The Matron Scorpion>>, which was a giant scorpion four times as large as the scouting scorpions on the surface.  Quickly, I used the opportunity I had to perform a Howling Octave.  I needed to finish this fight fast, or else I would not live to tell about it.

[ID: 56843]
[BD: 10+2] Crit +2
[Sword Art: Howling Octave] 8x1x12= 96 dmg
[MD: 6-1] Miss

Hirru - [100 / 100 hp // 17 / 25 en] (-8 en)

Matron Scorpion - [154 / 250 hp] (-96 hp)

Edited by Hirru

The cooldown from Howling Octave would take a while to undo itself, which would have given The Matron Scorpion the opportunity to attack, but the blowback from the attack seemed to disrupt its attack for a few seconds.  Nothing like a stun which could stop the enemy for a solid minute, but enough for me to regain my composure from the first sword art.  Pushing forward, I found a weakpoint around the other pincer, and used another Howling Octave to rip into it.  To my surprise, the attack seemed to sever the pincer from the body, and it was then that I noticed how much damage I had caused the boss.  Out of the two health bars that it had, it was already half way through the last one.

[ID: 56846]
[BD: 4+2] Hit
[Sword Art: Howling Octave] 8x1x10= 80 dmg
[MD: 1-1] Miss

Hirru - [100 / 100 hp // 10 / 25 en] (+1 en / -8 en)

Matron Scorpion - [74 / 250 hp] (-80 hp)

Edited by Hirru

With the large pincer severed from its body, the Matron Scorpion could not recover in time to continue the assault against me while I was stuck in the cooldown.  Regaining control of my entirety, I followed up with a final Howling Octave straight into the body of the boss monster.  Its health dropped into nothing before the bar shattered.  The Matron Scorpion would soon follow suit as it gave a final bubbling screech before bursting into many light particles.  In its place was a large mound of guts and treasure, the likes of which that I have not seen in some time.  Everything pooled together into a little results and awards screen, in front of me.  I smiled at the amount given, though I would have preferred more, but beggars can't be choosers.  

Swiping the screen away, I looked to find a stairwell in the back of the room.  I had not seen it there before, so it must have been revealed by the destruction of the boss.  Taking the stairs up, I climbed for some time before coming to a door with light coming from the other side.  The door seemed to be easily opened from my side, as I found myself back near the entrance of one of the fifth floors towns.  I turned around to look back at the door, but it was gone.  Like a mirage.

Though it was still light out, the orange of the sky would indicate that dusk was soon encroaching Aincrad.  With the evening sun leaving their side, the denizens of this world would be going to sleep soon.  So too would I, as the aches from the hunt would get to me.  It's never easy, but that's a life.

A hunter's life.

[ID: 56843]
[BD: 9+2] Crit +2
[Sword Art: Howling Octave] 8x1x11= 88 dmg
[MD: 4-1] Miss
[LD: 18+3] (21+5)x40 = 1040 Col (Sub-Dungeon reward)

Hirru - [100 / 100 hp // 3 / 25 en] (+1 en / -8 en)

Matron Scorpion - [0 / 250 hp] (-88 hp) [+1 Mat]

Complete

Summary

2 SP
(1 thread + 1 Sub-dungeon)

5940 Col
(400 thread + 4500 Mob + 1040 Dungeon)

23 Mats
(21 Mobs + 2 Dungeon)

[ 9 ]
Extra Mats - GM roll