[PP-F5] Butcher of the <<Butcher of the Sands>> (Takao, Opal, Oikawa)

Having just obtained a the new quest info and his new T2 equipment, the blonde dragoon was growing anxious. He wanted to fell the beast himself, but he knew that he lacked the firepower needed to finish it productively. Raising his right hand, Lawfer sent a quick PM to Takao, Oikawa and Opal, asking them if they would help him out with the quest, then try for another dungeon on the fifth floor. "Well hopefully they will come through." He said to himself, as he walked the streets of Armadillo, then made his way back to the central plaza. It was the meeting place he mentioned, and the last thing he was going to do was keep his companions waiting. 

Edited by Lawfer

A bright flash of distorted light appeared atop the warp gate platform as Takao stepped through. The unpleasantly dry heat of the fifth floor hit like a wall, turning his previously vacant expression into a slight frown. It never ceased to amaze him that, no matter how much time he spent on the arid desert themed floor, it never became any more desirable. He figured at some point there would be some natural adaption to the heat, perhaps even some aid from the survival skill, but instead he was forced to endure. Of course, he thought. All the good quests and all the easiest dungeons just had to be located on one of the two most unpleasant floors to trudge through. Takao quickly stepped down the platform staircase and into the central plaza, right arm raised in greeting to the familiar face he saw just across the way. "'ey Lawfer." He greeted simply. "First ones here?"

Opal pulled her ninja mask down as she came from the expansive desert beyond Armadillo. Her body already accumulated the sweat and the adventure as she only just now received a ding from her messenger box. Scrolling the contents, the woman looked up to see the party forming. She looked behind her at the hot rolling sands of the desert and gave a slight grimace, "I really don't wanna go back in there..." She sighed however and shrugged her shoulders meeting with the group of players, "Afternoon, I guess we'll be roping in a giant lizard today. This will be my third time on this quest, Azide ran me through it the first time, it was our first outing as Vice Commander and guildmate. Those were good days." 

The woman cleared her throat and readied her Masamune X, hefting it over one shoulder in preparation for their next adventure. 

The blonde had never been a fan of the sandy floor but somehow or another he found himself often frequenting it. His azure gaze quickly settled on those he had intended to meet up with. Placing a hand on the hilt of his rapier, he kept it at the ready as he addresses everyone. "Its been a long while since I've seen Takao do battle outside the boss fights. I hope you aren't too rusty hehe." Bowing to Opal and Lawfer, he greeted them both with his trademark grin. Gesturing to the gates leading out, he spoke.

"Shall we?"

As the group assembled a smirk danced across the Dragoons face. Three of the strongest frontliners had come to help. "Thanks for the help guys. I appreciate it." Lawfer said with a smile as he motioned towards the gate of Armidillo. "Let's get this show on the road." He commented as he began walking towards the outskirts of town. Raising his right hand, he selected his Battle Healer gear set. As the flowing pixels surrounded him, his new T2 gear appeared. Now clad in a scarlet plate mail set with his new spear, Highwind resting on his back, Lawfer lead the group outside of the safe zone. "So.... Where is this arena place?" he asked. The man was so excited about his new gear that he forgot to ask for directions.

Spoiler

T2 Lawfer.png

Edited by Lawfer

"No problem." Takao replied, his voice carrying an odd monotone to it that contrasted with the usual warmth and exuberance that was more typical of him. Glove-clad hands found their way to the baldric across his chest, his thumbs hooking onto the leather strap as he walked. "The arena's out north a ways, 'bout half a kilometer. Should only take us like... twenty minutes? Maybe a bit less." He said. His experience with the quest itself was minimal, having only done it a handful of times himself, but in his downtime he often found himself studying irrelevant details of quests and the like. Takao's right hand pulled away from the strap on his chest and pointed in the direction they'd be traveling. "S'that way."

Opal was familiar with the direction of the makeshift speared arena. She nodded softly as the winds and sand whipped around her body as the party got under way. It was nice to see Oikawa show up as well. She gave him a small smile as her face beamed from the radiant heat eclipsing the desert as the sun stung her eyes. Sweeping the platinum blonde locks of hair from her crystal white eyes. The woman once more tugged on her ninja mask and pulled it up to cover her nose and mouth. The cape of pristine white billowed out behind her as she moved with the party, making sure she kept close to heel in regards to the rest. She didn't say any words, God knew she was already exhausted from her time being there earlier. Her boots kicked up sand behind her as she looked on as the familiar growth of cacti came into view. She sighed and brushed her hands across her face, removing both sweat and sand from her covered face attempting to bring up the massive cloak that was wrapped around her neck. 

"Thanks for inviting me. It's not to often that I partake in quests with people other than Azure and Calrex. This is a nice change of pace." Having only taken the quest one other time himself with the budding front-liner, Hikoru, he let Takao lead the way as he trailed behind the group Fastening his cloak together, he pulled up the white cloth and gently let it fall against his head. He surely doubted that all four of them were needed to partake in the quest, but the small little rag tag group seemed necessary at the same time. His thoughts wandering on that notion.

Turning his head in accordance to the brunettes directions, the spearman chuckled. "Twenty Minutes doesn't sound too bad." He said to himself as he adjusted his stride to match the rest of the groups. A few moments passed and the silence had been broken by Oikawa, whom had thanked him for the invitation. "No problem, to tell you the truth its nice to get to meet people who aren't part of the blades." Lawfer replied as his gaze returned forward. A short time had passed and the outline of the sand weathered arena began to take form. The look of excitement had been written all over the blondes face until he was taken aback as he looked over to his vice-commander. She had been oddly silent, much more so than the time they had journeyed together in the Survival quest. "So guys... Whats the battle plan for when we get there?"

"Blitzkrieg." Takao said simply, jade eyes set on their destination. The short bout of walking had lead them to the outskirts of the arena, nothing more than a pit encircled with inward facing spears to discourage retreating. "It ignores mitigation and block so tanking is out of the question, 'n evasion bonuses are negated within the arena. We'll just have to take it down fast. I'll go first and let it swing at me, then you guys should be able to jump in without it targeting you." His explanation was kept short and simple. It seemed like the best plan. There wasn't much danger in the fight if he took the first blow, his plethora of health would cushion the blow and provide the others with ample opportunity to attack the beast without it targeting them straight away. Takao stepped up to the edge of the dune and reached over his shoulder, pulling the Inundator from its scabbard. He took one more step forward and slid down the slight slope, stopping at the bottom of the arena pit.

The second the sole of his boot touched the arena floor, their quarry exploded from beneath the epicenter. As the cloud of sand began to settle, Takao leapt forward. With his advance augmented by the charge skill, the brunet managed to strike the beast first. Eleven hits carved massive red wounds into the flesh of the beast, eliciting cries of simulated pain from the behemoth. Having reduced the beast's health to somewhere around half, he was left open to an attack, as he'd been expecting to be. Even so, he couldn't help but exhale a slight yelp when the massive cleaver swung down at him, sweeping him off to the side. Each time his body collided with the sand as he tumbled and rolled, a quiet Ow escaped his lungs, despite no real pain being felt.

- -

» ID : [[ 56091 ]]
» BD : [[ HIT (5 + 3(ACC)) ]]
» MD : [[ HIT (8 - 2(EVA)) ]]

« Takao »
[[ 177/217 HP ]] ( -40 HP )
[[ 42/53 Energy ]] ( «Meteor Break» used. -11 Energy )
[[ 1 Hate ]]

« Sando Satsu »
[[ 161/350 HP ]] ( 13(DMG) + 5(Charge) + 1(Ferocity) * 11*1 - 20(MIT) = -189HP )

Edited by Takao

Following close to heel on Takao's strike. The woman charged her body forward through the furnace of floor five as the sand and heat enveloped her body. As she neared the speared encampment of the arena, the woman ducked and bent her knees springing off the sand and into the air. Whipping her katana over her head as the saya became undone, the swords 9000 folded steel sharpness glowed an intense silver aura. With winds picking up around her, she shot her blade right the Sando Satsu. With the initial attack started, the woman released a flurry of attacks that decimated the creature one sweep at a time until its body was covered in vicious orange streaks. She took a step back and looked to Oikawa, unfortunatly, there was not much left to kill at this point. 

<<Battle Engaged>>

HP: 172 [Hate:1]
EN: 31/43
Sword Art: Charged > San Ge || 12 EN || 168 Dmg - 20= 148 Dmg

ID: 56097
BD: 8+3 Hit

« Sando Satsu »
[[ 13/350 HP ]] 

Edited by Opal

The arena took no time to find as the players filed in one behind the other. Watching Takao dice the beast to nearly half health, and Opal trailing that nearly ending it, the blonde got giddy with his blade following suit. Though the blonde could probably sneeze on Sando and kill him, he got plenty more satisfaction out of etching his name into the pixels that would soon follow. Rushing past the group, the man opted for a lesser art enhanced by<Charge>, riddling the creature with three quick thrusts; thus expelling it from existence.

ID: 56103 BD: 7 (4+3) LD: 15 (10+5) [Accel Stub: 13 + 3 = 16 x 3 = 48 - 20 = 28 Damage]

Oikawa: 172/173 E: 39/42

« Sando Satsu » (+1 Material)
[[ 0/350 HP ]] 

Stats:

Spoiler

Stats:
173 HP
42 Energy
2 Accuracy
0 Evasion
13 Base Damage
12 Mitigation

Items
Orochi - Perfect Rapier [+6 Damage]
Leopard Plushy - Perfect Plushy [+2 Loot Die]
Clasp of the Progenitor - Perfect Lucky Charm [+2 Accuracy/ +1 Loot Die]

Skills
One Handed Rapier | Rank 5
Battle Healing | Rank 1
Light Armour | Rank 3
Search and Detect| Rank 3
Charge | Rank 3

Concentration
Survival

Skill Mods
Athletics
Precision

Reveal

After grasping the shaft of his Highwind in booth hands the golden haired dragoon raced after the three frontliners as quickly as he could. "Wow..." He said, as his mouth remained open. In three quick hits the oversized Sando was turned into nothingness. The only thing that remained was the faint glow of digital dust that exploded from Sando. "Well looks like I can just put this away." The spearman commented with a slight chuckle following as he looked at his three companions that were now just loitering around. Sliding his spears strap over his shoulder, he kicked some of the sand in front of him with his right foot. "That was quicker then I thought it would be. Anyone know of any sub-dungeons that are near here?" He asked while looking at Takao, he didn't want to push his luck, but he knew the man was knowledgeable about the new sub-dungeon update.

Takao spat out a mouthful of sand as he slowly climbed back up to his feet, brushing the stray grains thoroughly coating his clothing. His hand reached up and pulled his tongue from his mouth, trying his best to get the unpleasant taste out. "Bleh... haht dis thloor." He grumbled as he rejoined the group, stowing the Inundator back into its scabbard. An eyebrow was raised when the dungeon question was asked, though more so at the glance aimed his way. "Uh... Yeah. There's one nearby. Was gonna check it out later, but since we're all here, might as well do it now." Takao answered, turning and gesturing for the group to follow him. True to his word, he lead the party to the ruins of a tomb about five minutes from the arena. "'n there it is."

- -

Advanced Dungeon found.

» ID : [[ 56104 ]]
» LD : [[ 25 (20 + 3(Search&Detect) + 2(Reveal)) ]

Edited by Takao

"A tomb?" The woman questioned as he pointed to the ruins of an underground labyrinth beneath the sands. Her smirk was covered by the ninja mask around her face as she walked in first to lead the group. The darkness of the corridor soon became lit with torches set upon holders. The smell was musky and the thick scent of death and rotting corpse filtered through her mask. She gave a disgusted look as she continued inside. As she came to a forked path, her eyes narrowed as small scorpions scuttled about their tails high in the air ready to strike. 

"Ugh...mob drones." The woman's katana, stronger than needed, slashed through them easily cutting up their exoskeletons and clearing a path for the others. 

<<Battle Engaged>>

HP: 172 
EN: 20/43
Sword Art: Gen Getsu || 12 EN || 84-5 = 79 Dmg

ID: 56105
BD: 8
MD: to dead to care
LD: 19+3 = 22

« Scorpion Drones » x4
 0 HP  || 15 Dmg || 5 Mit 
Loot: +4 Mats, +800 Col

Edited by Opal

"It only makes sense," chuckled the blonde as Opal questioned about the tomb. Suppressing the urge to make a Tomb raider joke, the caped player trailed behind Opal. The darkened rotting catacomb left plenty to the imagination of why Takao would even remotely want to investigate this place. Just as he was poised to ask, Opal seemed to have attracted some unwanted attention as a wave of dregs clambered into the area. With [Orochi] still unsheathed, the blonde pinpointed four more enemies and let his blade lay waist to them. Flicking the digital polygons from his blade, he watched as a few more filed in. "Oh my they are eager for death aren't they?"

Spoiler

<<Battle Engaged>>

EN: 35/43
Sword Art: Sweep || 4 EN || 14x2= 28-5 = 23 DMG

ID: 56107
BD: 9
LD: 11+5 = 16

« Scorpion Drones » x4
 0/20 HP  || 15 Dmg || 5 Mit 
Loot: +4 Mats

"Yeah... Its a pity that they keep showing up." Lawfer stated reluctantly as he watched four more scorpions appeared in front of them. "I think I finally get to do something. Pardon me." The spearman said with a devilish smile. As he shuffled past the others while pulling his Highwind from around his shoulder. As he grasped the pommel with both hands, he gave a quick slash from his spear, that came up just short of hitting the mobs. This was his first time using a spear that was lighter and had a bit shorter range than his previous halberd. As the four scorpions surrounded him, they struck in unison, inflicting minor damage of the spearman. "Well... that sucks..." he said as he shook his head.

<<Battle Engaged>>

HP: 100/104 -4
EN: 24/26
Sword Art: miss

ID: 56105
BD: 1
MD: 9

« Scorpion Drones » x4
 20 HP  || 15 Dmg || 5 Mit 

Edited by Lawfer

"Don't worry, I got 'em." Takao said following Lawfer's miss. Utilizing a mixture of his charge skill and the sword art he'd selected, Rage Spike, Takao leapt forward over Lawfer and engaged the four monsters. One by one they fell in a quick flourish of swordplay, each of them sliced in twain with a well placed strike of the Inundator. A quick glance over his shoulder to Lawfer's health gauge ensured that he was alright, which meant it was time to press on. "There's a few more up 'round the corner up that way, 'n the boss room is just beyond that."

<<Battle Engaged>>

HP: 183/217
EN: 40/53
Sword Art: Rage Spike
 || 4 EN || 38-5 = 33 DMG

ID: 56110
BD: 4 + 3(ACC)
MD: X

« Scorpion Drones » x4
 0 HP  || 15 Dmg || 5 Mit 

3/15 Remaining

Edited by Takao

Opal laughed lightly at the swing and miss of the Dragoon. Even decked out in his new gear, his christening was cut short by the scorpions evading his attacks. Opal found the critters to be annoying, activating her sword art the woman expelled a bit of too much energy the last few rounds and had to set the next round out to gather her energy back up. As the scorpions became eviscerated by the long blade of her sword, Opal adressed the others and nodded to Takao. "Just up ahead huh? I need to keep back a bit, I used a lot of energy in those mob sweeps. So that means, Lawfer, you will have to take my place until I can get my energy back up." 

<<Battle Engaged>>

EN: 9/43
Sword Art: Gen Getsu || 12 EN || 84-5 = 79 Dmg

ID:56112
BD: 4+ 6 = hit
LD:15 +3 = 18

« Scorpion Drones » x4
 0 HP  || 15 Dmg || 5 Mit 
Loot: +4 Mats, +960 Col [Total]

Edited by Opal

"Around the corner might be a bit of an understatement," mused the rapier wielder as a scratchy scuttling noise echoed from ahead. Rotating his rapier in hand, he pointed it at the boss scorpion. While similar in looks to the myths of Arachne, this scorpion queen looked like she meant business. "Looks like I'm up," he exclaimed. Digging his boot into the ground, he rocketed forward, activating <Charge> and the pre-motion for his skill, <Over Radiation>. Upon reaching the creature, his rapier pierced and poked the being until it had lost well over two-thirds of it's health. "I'm feeling generous. I suppose you all can attack her," he chuckled; gesturing for the rest to follow suit.

Spoiler

<<Battle Engaged>>

EN: 24/43
Sword Art: Over Radiation || 13 EN || 13+3+2= 18x14= 252 DMG

ID: 56152
BD: 10

« Scorpia, the Supreme»
 98/350 HP  || 55 Dmg