[PP-F5] fun for desert <<Blood in the Sand>> (Macradon)

Allania was up on the fifth floor, she had recently messaged the blacksmith she had got the new gear from if he would like to do a quest together. Now she awaited him by the teleporter pad, sat nearby wearing her shining new pauldron. Today they'd be going out into the surrounding desert to fight a recurring boss, the Sand Shark, known to just swim through the sand like it was an ocean, leaping out and attacking those that trespassed into where it stayed. Allania was a little worried though, this was the first time going into combat without it. The one item that had been a staple no matter what she was doing.

It was a nice day today, like usual it was blisteringly hot under the unforgiving Sun. The Sun which hung high in the sky, at the peaks of its travels, bearing down on all those underneath it, trying to burn them with its rays. There was not a cloud in the air, the only thing that broke out above the city skyline was the pillar striking up to the floor above. In the air there was a slight breezing, moving cooler air between the buildings. The air may have been cooler relatively but it was still hot. It was a dry heat, not stifling. 

So all in all, a good day to go adventuring.

Spoiler

Equipped:

-Trimmed pauldron (H. armour, 3 mit)

- Dagger tooth(1H dagger, +3 DMG)

- First of Zandrar (dress, +2 LD)

Inventory:

- Boarhide Bodice (light armour, 2 mit & 1 thorn)

- Encouraging Bracers (light armour, 1 thorn & 2 savvy)

x1 +27 mitigation potion

x1 +2DMG potion

x5 +10 HP potion

Macradon had received a message from the girl, Allania, who he had just sold some equipment to. He was to help her clear one of the quests on the 5th floor, the Sand Shark quest. Macradon had been doing that one many times now, so it wasn't that big a deal for Macradon to do it again, it just meant more exp for him, which was nice. He had to get stronger and this was the way to do it. He would go to the warp plaza of the 1st floor and say out loud "Warp, fifth floor" as pixels illuminated him and transported him to the fifth floor. Macradon was clad in his armor, which wasn't the same as the outfit he wore in his blacksmith, so Allania might not recognize him. Instead of the black and green robes he wore in the blacksmith, Macradon was wearing his white and red plate armor and a sallet helmet, shielding away any recognizable features of his. Quickly he would notice Allania waiting on him, he would slowly begin to approach her "Did you wait for a long time?" he asked with a grin.

Stats:

Spoiler

- Macradon -
Health: 161
Energy: 39
Mitigation: 66
Damage: 13
Accuracy: +1
Regen: 1 (Regenerates 18 health when hit on a roll of CD 6+)
Recovery: 2 (Recovers 2 Energy on a roll of CD 10+)

- Skills -
Two handed Straight Sword: Rank 5 (+5 Damage)
- Finesse on First rank Sword Arts
- Precision (+1 Accuracy)
Heavy Armor: Rank 3 (+ 12 Mitigation)
- Athletics: +5 Health, +1 Damage
Charge: Rank 2 (+2 Damage on first attack)
Fighting Spirit: +1 Hate generation
Search and Detect: Rank 2

- Equipment -
Scarecrow's Sickle: +6 Damage, 1 Bleed
Blood Crusader's Halfplate: (+ 54 Mitigation)
Blood Crusader's Bracers: (+2 Recovery, +1 en (Regenerates 18 health on a CD of 10+ after getting hit))

Edited by Macradon

OOC: I'll swap my speech text to another colour, as our's are very similar (if not the same)

Allania watched as yet another person appeared on the floor. This newest one seemed familiar, his face was at least, what he was wearing though she did not recognise. He seemed to recognise her however and was heading over in her direction. After a few moments of trying to place the face Allania assumed it was the smith who she had messaged, the idea finally clicking inside of her head. Of course it was him, he was just wearing a different outfit. "Hey there", she called out "and no, not long. Are you ready?" she asked with a smile, gesturing in the direction of the town gate. With her gesture complete Allania rose to her feet and stood there in front of the player, waiting to see how he would respond.

Edited by Allania

[OOC: I don't really mind]

"Well, that's good then" he said and would take off his helmet. His hair would get free play and his face revealed as well as his red eyes. He would look around and get ready to head out. "I know this route where monsters don't spawn, we can take that route if you'd like to stay away from monsters" he said as he would look towards the town exit. Been through this quest a couple of times he would know different ways of walking through the desert, which helped him guide lower leveled players through the desert, making sure they didn't get hurt.

"That does sound safer" Allania noted, nodding in agreement, but then she looked at Macradon with a smile "Where would be the fun in that though. This place is so massive there are undoubtedly places no player has set foot yet. Let's explore for a bit?" she said, looking at him with hope in her eyes. Allania loved the desert on this floor, it may be blisteringly hot like always, but that was not something to be deterred by, it just made the world slightly more of a challenge. Hence slightly more fun. "So if you want to we can go your way, but we could take another one, one less traveled, to see what more there is to see" Allania said, her voice becoming somewhat distant as she looked off towards the desert, thinking of the possibilities. 

Edited by Allania

Macradon smiled. Allania wasn't afraid of the mobs they could encounter, but Macradon got a bit worried because of his level. "The thrill of the adventure, I see" he said with a smile "Though I have to tell you, strong mobs will appear because of my level, so beware for something you might not be strong enough to deal with" he would say. The mobs that would spawn wouldn't be a problem for Macradon to deal with, but they would extremely dangerous for Allania. "Let's explore if that's what you feel like" he would say with a smile and begin to venture into the sandy desert, making sure to have his visor shut down to keep sand away from his eyes.

"It's fine, it will just make the exploration all that more exciting" Allania said with enthusiasm. "Let's go and explore then shall we?" she posed, looking back over her shoulder towards Macradon as she walked, "while on our way to this sand shark that is" she added after a moments thought. Macradon seemed to have some form of helmet covering his face, most likely for protection, be it from monsters or the sand that the winds whipped about around them. Allania wore no such thing though, opting to go in just her dress, pauldron and boots, her face fully exposed to the sand that at times felt to be scouring at ones face. Allania did not mind though, she enjoyed the weather on this floor, it seemed so hostile yet it seemed welcoming too. She could not quite describe it.

With the sand at her face Allania continued out into the desert, not really aiming anywhere specifically yet. They would get to their destination eventually, but to her it was the journey that was the more important aspect.

Macradon would smirk, the girl seemed pretty eager to go on adventures. Macradon would not deny the fact that fighting mobs would make the trip more exciting, so he would move along the sands of the desert, towards the nest of the sand shark. "Let us go then" he would agree and follow along. It wouldn't take long before monsters would appear, though hidden in the sand, Macradon's Search and Detect saw the back fins of the monsters quite fast. "Aaaaand they're here" he said "Sand Barracudas" he pointed out and would stretch his hand towards the direction of the monsters. 4 fins were sticking up above the sands like water, the barracudas were heading towards Macradon and Allania "Get ready, they're dangerous" he said and would quickly draw out his sword and apply a liquid from a vile from his inventory.

- Health List -
[0]Macradon: 161/161 HP | 66 MIT | 17 DMG | 39/39 NRG
[0]Allania:                 76 HP | 27 MIT | 7 DMG | 19/19 NRG

<Sand Barracuda> 80/80 HP | 20 MIT | 60 DMG

Allania walked along besides Macradon, they walked in silence for the most part. Not an awkward silence though, just the silence of two people aiming for their goal. Well, that may have been true for Macradon, but Allania quickly became distracted, looking around everywhere, taking in all the sights. Although it was a barren desert there was a lot to see if only one gave the world the time to show itself. Within the desert there was no pattern, the dunes dancing around one another, interlocking, crests of varying heights, cacti and shrubs scattering the horizon.

However Allania did not notice the collection of mobs swimming through the sand, only being alerted to their presence by the words of Macradon. Sand Barracudas? I wonder what they'll be like, Allania thought, never having seen a Barracuda before or what one was. Allania quickly concluded they were some form of fish, evident by their fin slicing through the sand, heading towards them. In repsonse Allania took out her dagger, holding it up in front of her face, ready to try and avoid any attacks from the feral fish fiends, nodding in repsonse to Macradon's last statement "over to you".

With a firm set in the sand, Macraodn pushed himself forward. From a slow jog to a full sprint, Macradon moved from his starting position to the barracudas in the blink of an eye with his <Charge> skill. The Barracudas sensed his present as he ran over the sand, they would jump up form the sand to assault him, but Macradon was already starting his sword art. His curved khopesh sword would shine in a bright color as the Cardinal system would guide his body for 6 devastating blows through all 4 of the barracudas. The barracudas were no more, annihilated by Macradon's strong blows. 

He would begin to walk back towards Allania, this fight was over quick because of Macradon's two handed greatsword, having high damage AOE attacks which helped him take out mobs wherever he was. It was also the reason that he got his very first boss drop Demonic. He would sigh as he got closer to Allania "These weren't that hard to defeat" he said "But for someone at your level, they could be lethal" he continued. He would continue on the path towards the sand shark, just noticing hat Allania actually was ready to fight, having unsheathed the dagger Macradon had forged her. 

Spoiler

ID: 57017
BD: 10, crit +2.
CD: 10, recovery proc.
LD: 9+2=11, Col bonus!
Sword art used: <Fight Blade> 6x1x19-20=94 AOE DMG

- Health List -
[0]Macradon: 161/161 HP | 66 MIT | 17 DMG | 29/39 NRG (-12 Energy, +2 Energy)
[0]Allania:           76/76 HP | 27 MIT | 7 DMG | 19/19 NRG

<Sand Barracuda> -14/80 HP | 20 MIT | 60 DMG Dead

- Acquired Loot -
1600 Col
4 Mats

Edited by Macradon

Allania watched as Macradon charged forward, moving faster than any player she had seen so far. He reached the fins before they were ready, unprepared they leaped out from the sands only to be cut down by the charging tank. The fight was over in an instant, the pixelated fragments hanging in the air as he walked back over to Allania. Wit the enemies defeated Allania lowered her dagger, placing it back in the sheath at her hip, "I only caught a glimpse of them, but they did seem somewhat ferocious, a lot more deadly than anything I have come to face yet," Allania admitted, still gazing at the remnants of the Barracudas slowly beginning to fade, "Well done!" she then said, snapping out of her trance and turning to Macradon with a smile. Finishing what she said Allania followed after him towards their goal.

Macradon smirked, even though it was sheltered by the visor on his helmet, he felt that the thought was good enough. "Thanks" he replied with a thumbs up towards Allania. The two would travel towards their goal, the sand shark's nest. It wasn't that far from where they were and they didn't have to go far before they would arrive. On the way, Macradon would prepare something so he wouldn't feel too lonely. "I'm kinda bored, so let's make a secondary goal" he said as he opened his inventory "What if we conquer the shark's nest?" he asked and looked over at Allania. He brought out a big banner from his inventory. He had already claimed the swamps and the lich king's castle under his banner, so having conquered more would feel great.

"Conquer the nest?" Allania asked, looking the banner up and down "sounds like a good idea" she said with a quick nod. She then faltered slightly in her step, then quickened her pace to catch up "what does that actually entail?" she asked, curious as to what this secondary goal actually was. Whether it was just as simple as placing down the flag and 'claiming' it or if there was an actual system for it. Either way made the idea of taking on this Sand Shark more interesting to say the least. With the question in the air Allania continued to walk in the direction they had previously been heading under the assumption that it was the right direction.

Macradon looked over at the girl "It's quite simple, we arrive, kill the owner of the thing we're conquering and then claim it as our's" he said "In this case we have to kill the Sand Shark and claim its nest as ours, nothing fancy really" he continued. He would slowly be able to see a giant rock formation appear at the horizon of the desert. He would point towards it "We're soon there" he said and walked towards the big around formation of rocks and boulders. 

Allania waited for Macradon to finish his little lesson before chiming up with a question of her own, "but I thought this thing was one of those respawning field boss things, so won't it just re-appear eventually and take down the banner?" she asked, curious as to what the answer would be. Though she did not particularly mind if the banner would be up only temporarily, it was still a fun side quest. "okay" she said in response to him saying they were nearly their, taking her dagger back out from its sheath, holding it in her hand by her side as she continued on behind him, "Do you want to take the lead?" she asked him, as this was the first time that they'd actually be fighting besides one another, the previous encounter didn't really count, as she had just stood there.

Macradon smiled back "Well, yeah. But then we'll just come back and conquer it again!" he said with a wide grin on his face. He knew that the conquering stuff wasn't really working with respawning field bosses, but it was still funnier than just slay the beast and walk away. "Hey, ever been in a dungeon before?" he asked as they would get closer to the arena like nest of the sand shark "We might be able to get some good SP from dungeons" he said. It was the main source of SP for him right now. He had cleared nearly all quests that were present in the game as of yet and sub.dungeons were his only way of getting enough SP to level up.

Edited by Macradon

(OOC: Sorry it's taken me so long to reply)

"Sounds lie fun" she exclaimed, referring initially to the reclaiming the idea. "And dungeons? I have been in but the one and it was quite an amusing affair. It was just a basic dungeon, located somewhere on this floor, so was not that difficult, especially with the mitigation potion I had acquired from the Zandra person. I fought through the few guards at the front before going on to fight the boss. The Boss fight was both fun but also rather pitiful. It was against a gargantuan Mummy under the title of just 'Pharaoh', but it was almost completely unable to use it's weapons. It even ended up sobbing to itself in a corner from missing so many times, even when I stood still." Allania said slowly, the happy memories playing through her mind. It had been a truly fun fight, and it was the first time she had felt it to be a proper fight, the kind she admired, a true clash of wills.

(I'm being rather slow myself, and I hope I wont bother you by just taking out the shark because we're soon reaching the dungeon roll post)

He smiled and chuckled slightly at the thought of the mummy pharaoh that just missed constantly "Well, I was once against a big tough boss on the 14th floor, it nearly took out one of the frontline tanks with a single hit. That big skeleton knew how to wield big swords like that" he said with a slight chuckle. A giant skeleton with a giant sword, it was a rather fun fight though as it was wearing near to no armor, so he would be able to shred through it like it was nothing, and with Dom by his side, the two would be unstoppable. The arrived at the nest shortly "And there the shark comes" he said with a positive tone as a big triangular fin popped up from the sand and would roar at the two intruders.

Macradon would rush up against it with his sword out, with a swift motion he activated his sword art Astral Hell that made his sword light up with neon colors. His swift movements stroke 7 times through the shark and would take it down. "Sorry to take all the fun by killing it so fast" he said and would take the banner and tuck it down into the sand "This nest now belongs to Allania and Macradon! Conquerors of the Sand Shark!" he said with a goofy voice as it was just for fun he did it.

Spoiler

ID: 57776
BD: 8+1=9, hit.
CD: 5, no proc.
LD: 16, bonus Col.
Sword art used: <Astral Hell> 7x1x19=133 DMG

- Health List -
[0]Macradon: 161/161 HP | 66 MIT | 17 DMG | 27/39 NRG (-12 Energy)

<Sand Shark> 0/125 HP || 0 MIT || 30 DMG

- Acquired Loot -
2225 Col
5 Mats
<Sand Armor Potion>  This incredibly potent alchemical salve can be applied to a piece of armor, increasing damage mitigation/resistance by one point for one battle. (MIT +3)

Edited by Macradon

Allania was listening to Macradon speak, absentmindedly looking about as he did so. He then said that shark was coming which caused Allania to jerk her head around to try and find what he had said. Before she could even lay eyes on the beast he had already leaped forward, his sword out once again and swinging round to deal the killing blow to the shark. Allania caught but a glimpse before it was shattered into pixelated shards that hung in the air. It was a rather anti-climactic battle, and she had not yet managed to land a single blow upon the enemies. There was a clear difference in power between the two of them, but it gave Allania something to aim for. "Well done", she said to him as she jogged on over, "and I think the nest probably belongs to you," she noted "after all I didn't even touch the creature."

With their main objective over Allania sat down in the sand and looked up at Macradon, "so, what shall we do now? Head on back, wander some more, search for a dungeon?" she asked him.

Edited by Allania

He chuckled slightly "But we're a team!" he said with a smile "I might've steamrolled through it, but you were here as well!" he said, though it probably didn't sound that uplifting either "But hey, take this" he said and would hand over the quest item given by the shark. It was a potion that would increase the defensive value on armor. He would begin to walk around the nest as he donned his Blood Oath Tabbard which would boost his searching, trying to find any dungeon entrances "I say we'll go look for a dungeo-" he was interrupted as the sand below him quickly began to fall down into a pit "I think I found the entrance!" he said as he were falling down into the catacombs of the sand shark's nest. Deep below the desert sands was an ancient tomb like room, like the inside of a pyramid with inscription on the walls illustrations and alike.

As Macradon landed down on the ground, torches would lit up the giant tomb where a big amount of monsters were present, some different than others, but still seemingly the same level of strength to what other monsters on this floor were like, so Allania wouldn't be at such a difficult task at hand "Just come down here, there's not much to be scared off!" he shouted up through the hole to the top where Allania was. The monsters were of Egyptian Gods style, one had a Jackal head with a halberd, another with an alligator like body and a sword, a third with a bird head and some kind of glaive and the last was a feline humanoid with a spear.

<Equipped Blood Oath Tabbard>

Spoiler

ID: 58024
CD: 6, Rocevery proc.
LD: 15+4=19, Beginner dungeon found!

- Health List -
[0]Macradon: 161/161 HP | 66 MIT | 17 DMG | 27/39 NRG (-12 Energy)

<Jackal of Death>        20/20 HP | 15 MIT | 5 DMG | Uses Two-Handed Battle Axe sword arts
<Alligator Vengeance> 20/20 HP | 15 MIT | 5 DMG | Uses One-Handed Straight Sword sword arts
<Bird of Wisdom>         20/20 HP | 15 MIT | 5 DMG | Uses Two-Handed Assault Spear sword arts
<Cat of Cats>               20/20 HP | 15 MIT | 5 DMG | Uses One-Handed Assault Spear sword arts

Edited by Macradon