[PP-F12] The New... <<Lord of the Sea's>> (Takao, Calrex)

"Lazaro.." Lawfer spoke, as his body was encased in light and then transported to the swamp city of Lazaro. It was the dragoon's first time on the swamp ridden floor. Pulling his white cloaks neck wrapping above his nose, he tried to block out the faint putrid stench that accompanied such a swamp. Turning his head, he surveyed the area, the wooden homes that were built on stilts, were interesting to the man. With one bad storm it seemed like the place could be washed away. Raising his hand, he entered his interface and switched to the messenger Tab. Shooting a quick message to Takao, he asked for his help in finding and dispatching the Sea Wyvern. "Guess i'll just wait." He murmured as he walked around the rag tag central plaza.

The twelfth floor was the beginning of a long chain of floors that could only be described as depressing. Takao tended to avoid them whenever possible, which was almost always. Some special occasions would begrudgingly drag him through however, such as the one that brought him to the floor today. Lawfer had inquired about some help with another quest and, if his assumptions were correct, inquiries about a nearby dungeon would follow soon after. Thankfully, the deal he'd struck with an information broker was still going strong, which meant he knew the general locations of plenty dungeons. It would just be a matter of finding them.

Having just finished a small bout of hunting with Calrex prior to receiving the message, Takao had invited the blue haired swordsman along with him on his excursion to the higher floors. As he stepped through the warp gate and down the platform, Takao's arm raised to wave and garner Lawfer's attention. "Hey Lawfer. Hope you don't mind, but I invited Calrex along since we were already huntin'."

"Lawfer? Nice to meet you. As Tak said just now, I'm Calrex."

The bluenette and self-titled Ultramarine Knight had of course followed alongside his fellow one-handed straight sword wielder, his hands in his jacket pockets casually. It had certainly been some time since he had been on the twelfth floor, the general doom and gloom which seemed to be a constant on the floors was ever present. They had previously gotten a taste on the tenth floor in the undead underground cavern, but it seemed like the floor ordering was like a teenager going through their "edgy" time, trying to develop some kind of mysterious dark side to make themselves seem more interesting. In any case, it was this floor that he and Takao were previously battling swamp creatures only a few moments ago before the brunette received the assistance request.

"In any case, what is it you needed assistance with?"

As the two stood before the spearman, he smiled. "The more the merrier Takao." He stated with a smile as he turned his attention to Takao's companion. Lawfer had heard of the one man army, known as Calrex before, but never had the opportunity to actually meet him. "Its good to meet you Calrex." He replied to the bluenette as he raised his hand and gestured a friendly wave. "Onto the matter at hand. I got some info about a Sea Wyvern and I wanted to try to tackle it. But since I haven't Grand Mastered my spear just yet, i figured it would be suicide to try to solo it. You two think you could run me through it?" he asked, Lawfer hated asking for help, but in order to get stronger he knew he would have to reply on others until they could rely on him in times that it really mattered.

"The Sea Wyvern?" Takao said, hands finding their way to his pockets. "Oh, right. Lord of the Seas. I'd be down for that, we could knock it out real easy. It has less health than that dungeon boss we did on the fifth floor." Jade eyes wandered from Lawfer to Calrex, and gestured toward the former with his head. "Whadaya say, up to run him through it real quick? I know of a sub-dungeon near where the thing spawns too, so we could have a quick look for that after we're done." He asked, knowing fully well that the end of his statement would be brought up at some point during the adventure.

"Lord of the Seas, sure thing we can definitely do that. It should be fairly quick with the three of us. The last time I actually took it on solo, and I think that was about ten levels ago, heh. As for the sub-dungeon, sure thing Tak."

Taking his arms out of his pockets Calrex gave a quick stretch of his arms to help loosen them up, even though stiffness wasn't really something that was replicated strongly in SAO. Nonetheless the bluenette wanted to make sure he was all set and ready to go. The Sea Wyvern certainly wasn't up to par to frontline players, but it was certainly nothing to joke around about when in parties, especially with the powerful lightning strike it was capable of throwing out.

"Great! Thanks for the help guys." The dragoon stated as he turned towards the town gates. Raising his right hand, he entered his interface and opted to choose his hunter set that allowed for max mitigation and accuracy. As the scarlet armor encased his body, he pulled down the half-visor down on his helmet. It was enough, to shield his eyes and nose, but left the mouth open making it easy to breath in the thick heavy armor. "You guys have any success hunting before you got here?" The blond haired spear man asked, turning his head back to his companions. 

"Not really," Takao said as his hand rose to clutch the handle of his sword and pull it free of its scabbard. "I try to avoid this floor as much as I can. Same with the thirteenth... fourteenth and fifteenth too. They're all really, really depressing. Also, fifteenth is filled with spiders. No thank you." He continued, chuckling lightly at his words despite the unease they set in his stomach. Thoughts of spiders lead him to remember the upcoming boss raid, with the King of spiders. He'd really rather not let his mind wander in that direction. "Cal and I did some hunting up here like... dang, feels like ages ago already. Other than that though, nothin'."

"Well, to be honest, I actually haven't explored the fifteenth floor at all. I've kind of just been hanging out inside of my wife's shop the whole time. I guess you could say I was a bit burned out, but now I'm slowly trying to get my drive back."

At hearing Takao mention that spiders were a theme on the fifteenth floor Calrex gave a shudder. He was already well acquainted with the hyper-realistic visuals the game held, and anyone that visited the sixth floor were aware of the oversized tarantulas that were there. The hairiness and overall creepy vide he got from them was ever present, and now with another floor filled with the eight-legged freaks...well, it didn't work well with him.

"I have to agree with Tak though. The only floor I frequent as much as the lower floors is the thirteenth, due to Teayre's shop being there. We certainly have done some training here, but that was indeed ages ago."

Nodding to his companions, Lawfer "Aside from Taft, i haven't explored much of the higher floors that have been unlocked. But i get what you mean about depressing." The spearman commented as he surveyed the area. The depressing fog that was riddled about the swamp was no where near delightful and cheery. With each step, his boots seemed to sink deeper and deeper into the marshy terrain. Brushing his hair over his shoulder, he checked his map. According to the broker he got the information from the party would soon be coming upon the Sea Wyvern. 

It was then that Lawfer heard a screech coming from the large, moss ridden lake in front of him. Grasping his Highwind, he slung it from around his shoulder. "I think I want first crack at this thing." The dragoon stated as he spun the spear in his hand. Taking a step further, a wave of water washed ashore as the Sea Wyvern emerged from the depths. Dashing forward, Lawfer began the pre-motion for his sword art. The Wyvern snapped forward with its long neck, exposing itself to the brunt of his attack. <Divide> activated, and with one vertical slash from his Highwind, Lawfer managed to inflict decent damage, while stunning the beast in one fell swoop.

<<Battle Engaged>>

ID: 56191
BD: 10+3
MD: Stunned

Lawfer: 112/112 l EN: 28/28 l SA Used: <Divide -10EN> 11+2= 13*1*7= 91 DMG +Stun
Takao:
Calrex: 

Sea Wyvern: 209/300 HP <Stunned>

Edited by Lawfer

Takao exchanged a glance with Calrex when Lawfer mentioned that he wanted to take the initiative and strike first. It didn't seem especially smart, but he couldn't necessarily find it in himself to blame Lawfer either. Their previous adventures had put him in the back seat for the most part, so it was only natural that he want some action. "I'll go in next." Takao said as their blonde travelling companion's attack came to an end. The pre-motion for «Meteor Break» was effortlessly fallen into, and the eleven hit combination was unleashed upon the monster. His sword carved into its scale-clad flesh with ease, cleaving away the remnants of its health in large chunks. As he landed, the beast burst into an explosion of pixels, leaving only polygons behind.

<<Battle Engaged>>

ID: 56223
BD: 5 + 3(ACC)
LD: 18 + 3(S&D)

Lawfer: 112/112 l EN: 28/28
Takao: 217/217 | EN: 42/53 | SA Used: «Meteor Break» -- 13+5+1=19*11= 209 DMG
Calrex: 

Sea Wyvern: 0/300 HP

Edited by Takao

As his two teammates charged forward Calred lowered his stance, reaching back for the Grand Blade II. However, right as Lawfer completed hi strike the bluenette simply gave a calm smirk and relaxed his stance, closing his eyes for a second as he put his hands back into his jacket pockets. With Takao dealing the second strike, the supposedly dangerous <<Sea Wyvern>> was immediately felled before it had a chance to retaliate. 

Giving a casual series of claps the Ultramarine Knight watched as the two came back, "Nice work. I figured it would be really quick. Well, with that over, I guess we'll get started on searching for that sub-dungeon?"

A sigh of relief escaped from the blondes lips as he watched his companion Takao finish the battle with eleven strikes from his sword. It was a sight to see, being able to hit for that much damage without using any buffs. Hearing the faint sounds of clapping, Lawfer turned his head to the Ultramarine knight. "Thanks! It was my first time being able to take part in a boss fight with something that had more health than me..... Well except the sub dungeons... but i really didn't do much in those." He stated, then chuckled for a moment as he turned to Takao, while slinging his Highwinds strap over his right shoulder. "So Takao... Where did you say that dungeon was?" He asked curiously, as he used his thumb to slide back his visor back into his helmet.

"S'this way," Takao said, gesturing in one direction with his offhand. He swung the Inundator up and rested the flat across his shoulder as he began walking off, a quick glance at the compass built into his heads-up display being all the more he needed to determine their heading. "This one's going to be a lot different than the few we did on the fifth floor, though. Since Calrex has the best mitigation and the most health, and he can pull aggro, we'll have to have him go in first. I'll follow in behind, and then you after me. Cal'll focus on maintaining hate then damage, I'll be damage, and you'll be damage then healing."

"You mean the usual duty? Heh."

Calrex gave a friendly smirk as he followed alongside Lawfer and Takao, his hands in his jacket pockets. Tanking duty was of course one of the things his build was capable of. While not as optimally made as he had hoped, the armament and skills he had picked up was oriented towards that he felt would be useful: versatility. He could attack, tank, and self-heal at a decent level, which was all that he needed to survive so far.

"I'll be sure to keep the heat off you guys, just leave it to me."

"Gotta do what you have to do to survive, so it sounds like a solid plan to me." he stated as he trailed behind the two upper echelon on Aincrads elite frontliners. He was in quite a unique position to be questing with them, not only was he going to gain the sweet sweet SP he needed, but he could learn from their battle tactics and try to emulate them within his guild. Raising his right hand, he entered his interface, and switched to the equipment menu. "You guys think I should switch out my accessory now? Or wait until after we clear out the mobs?" The dragoon interjected. This would be his first time dealing with a highly overpowered boss, so he wanted to be sure he made the correct choices in equipment.

"Up to you," Takao said as he trudged through the swamplands, his boots squelching each time he pulled them up from the mud. "We'll be fighting floor strength monsters to start, so I don't think we'll be havin' too much of a problem with those. It'll be the boss that's a royal pain in the ass." He continued, speaking at length regarding the details of which he was sure they were well aware of. Given the game's unwillingness to reveal actual numerical values, Takao could only make assumptions regarding the monster's health. He knew it would have more than Tagas in its fully corrupted form, but at the same time, it would undoubtedly lack the additional effects that prolonged most battles. They were in for a difficult fight, but it was one he had no doubts they would win.

Takao lead the small group to an area that had fallen into ruin. Stone structures were toppled and broken, what looked to be once impressive architecture had since sunken down into the swamplands. The water they waded through had raised to be knee high and considerably more murky, making it impossible to see the bottom through the debris. He continued onward, sword in hand, to a portion of the ruins that had been overgrown with vines and foliage. With one swift swipe of the blade, he cleared away the vines, and revealed a previously hidden entrance to the dungeon. "...and here we have it. So, who wants to go first?"

- -

Advanced Dungeon found.

» ID : [[ 56381 ]]
» LD : [[ 23 (15 + 3(Hands of Midas) + 3(Search&Detect) + 2(Reveal)) 

Edited by Takao

ID: 56388
Battle Dice: 2 (Accuracy +3 / Disguise +1) = 6
Loot Dice: 13 (Search and Detect +2 / Item +1) = 16 (Materials Found)
Mob Dice: 1 (Evasion +2) = -1

"Well that was certainly quick."

Calrex gave a nod as he saw Takao quickly spy a nearby dungeon. The area did seem to be a bit more dangerous than any he had encountered in the past, but it wasn't anything the trio couldn't handle. Giving a calming breath he drew the Grand Blade II stepping forward, "I'm on point right? Alright then, better get ready."

Moving up a few paces from his teammates the bluenette raised his sword high as he charged up his <<Lightning Fall>> Sword Art, combined with the <<Charge>> skill. The sword resonated with a circling blue aura before he pierced the ground, the impact releasing a powerful roar as it shot through the tunnels of the dungeon. Almost instantly, four creatures appeared from the shadows, but not into view just yet. However, they would never know what they were as the four lightning bolts eliminated the creatures before they came into clear view.

"Alright, next group?!"

Loot List
4 Materials

Lawfer: 112/112 l EN: 28/28
Takao: 217/217 | EN: 42/53
(Hate: 3) Calrex: 275/275 | EN: 46/60 | <<Lightning Fall>> Activated / <<Charge>> Activated / <<Disguise>> Activated

???? Enemy 1: -52/48 | MIT: 12
???? Enemy 2: -52/48 | MIT: 12
???? Enemy 3: -52/48 | MIT: 12
???? Enemy 4: -52/48 | MIT: 12

As the party entered the dungeon, a slight smirk danced across the spear mans face. This would be the third time that Takao was able to find a dungeon while the dragoon was around, and that meant at least one more level for the midleveled play. With the aquamarine knight engaging and dispatching his enemies with ease, that now meant that Lawfer could let his Highwind loose on some of the mobs that remained. Removing the bi-dent from his shoulder, he searched the dimly lit ruins for his prey. "My turn..." he stated as he zeroed in on the next set of creatures that began shuffling forward to meet the group.

Pushing off his back foot the dragoon, readied his spear by engaging the pre-motion for <trip expand>. Stopping just short of the mobs, he planted his lead foot and swung. As his sword art engaged, he was spun multiple times by the momentum, and sliced the four oddly shaped creatures ribbons. As they shattered into pixels and dissolved, he turned to his companions. "That's four more down..."

ID: 56389
BD: 6+3= Hit
MD: Dead
LD: 15= +4Mats

Lawfer: 112/112 l EN: 8/28 l  SA Used: TripExpand -12EN - 6x11=66DMG

???? Enemy 1: 0/48 | MIT: 12
???? Enemy 2: 0/48 | MIT: 12
???? Enemy 3: 0/48 | MIT: 12
???? Enemy 4: 0/48 | MIT: 12

Remaining MObs: 7/15

Edited by Lawfer

ID: 56116
BD: 2 + 3(ACC) + 1(Concentration)
LD: 11 + 3(Hands of Midas) + 3(Search & Detect)
(+4 Materials)

Takao: 217/217 (33/53)
Sword Art: «Vertical Square» (13(Base) + 5(Charge) = 18 * 4(SA) = 72 DMG)

Monster 5 0/48 (Mit. 12) [72-12=60 DMG]
Monster 6 0/48 (Mit. 12) [72-12=60 DMG]
Monster 7 0/48 (Mit. 12) [72-12=60 DMG]
Monster 8 0/48 (Mit. 12) [72-12=60 DMG]

7/15 Remaining

Takao entered the dungeon behind Calrex and Lawfer, and observed as the former lead with a hate-garnering abillity. Four monsters skittered out from the darkness and were subsequently cut down by Lawfer, whilst another grouping of four hesitated to leave their spot in the shadows. Takao's still active reveal skill had, befittingly of the name, revealed the location of the four monsters to him despite their attempts at hiding. "I got these four." Takao called out, claiming the next batch as his quarries. He effortlessly fell into poise, activating one of many sword arts that he had practiced countless times both on and off the field. Each of the beasts were struck a single time and cleaved in twain, leaving the separated halves to erupt into a wave of confetti-like polygons.

Edited by Takao