[PP-F12] Faint Citrine and Ultramarine Lights In the Night (Oikawa) (Completed)

It was probably close to midnight or later on the outskirts of the settlement of Lazaro on the twelfth floor. The swamp-themed floor seemed eerie, yet welcoming at this time of the day. However, this night was not one that would provide much calming sensation, at least not to one particular blue-haired player. Leaning against the wall marking the border between the safe zone and the field area, the young man self-titled the Ultramarine Knight stood there, his hands in his jacket pockets.

As Calrex stood there it was clear that some things were not the same as his usual attire and equipment. First of all, there was in fact no weaponry on him. The Grand Blade II, his trademark sword, nor the Grand Gauntlets II, his backup weapon, were equipped, stored in his inventory. In addition to bearing no arms, the bluenette was also lacking a set of armor, wearing simply his casual combat clothing. The outfit was not even accessorized with the barebones protection of the Grand Dragoon.

The only two pieces of enhanced gear he was wearing were more for symbolism and personal choice than tactical decision. The first was the Tide Pendant necklace, the waterdrop-shaped pendant resting partway down his chest. Second was the Amethyst Charm, the glowing red and blue masterpiece wrapped around his wrist and peeking out from his jacket pocket.

All of the current and recent events of the frontlines weighted on the young man's mind as he gave a simple sigh. Azide's death at the talons of Rohk, the fourteenth floor boss. Ssendom's death under Opal's blade and subsequent reveal of being a member of some guild called Laughing Coffin. Teayre's still current absence and lack of communication. These things continued to flash through his mind as he tried to process it all.

However, he hoped to clear up at least one of the many things tonight. Only a few hours ago, he had sent out a message over to another player, one that was also involved in the recent events of the last fight, and another person who had slain a powerful player. One of his closest friends within the game, the young man he trusted like a brother, and one that had contributed to shaking the frontlines' ranks to its core. The young man who bore the self-title, "The Faint."

Oikawa, the person he had hoped would come at this time of night. The blonde had killed the player who had born the game-given title of "Hero of Aincrad," the former wielder of the <<Dual Blades>> skill, founder of the now disbanded Azure Brigade, and former self-titled "Blood Buccaneer," Zelrius.

The Ultramarine Knight had many questions, some that probably his friend wouldn't be able to answer, and others that he himself would need to find out. But the fact remained, even though the rapier user had become an orange player, he was still his friend, and for that he wanted his assistance in making sense of the situation.

As the minutes continued to slip by Calrex gave another sigh as he looked up to see his peregrine falcon familiar, Roc, descend from the heavens before settling atop the wall he was leaning on. His companion seemed to be less concerned with what was on the young man's mind, and more about the blatant fact that his partner was not wearing anything suited for combat.

"Roc, it's alright. Go ahead and stay on lookout for monsters for now. I've already accepted the fact that this looks suicidal. However, you should know this by now. I'm not going to be the one to point my blade on either of them first, so should they decide to strike first, so be it. It would be my own folly. If any monsters appear it won't take long for me to retrieve my gear, and I've got more than enough to withstand an initial hit."

With that the bird of prey ascended back to the skies as the Ultramarine Knight adjusted his sitting position, "I just hope he shows up..."

Night had settled over the various floors of Aincrad. Moonlight highlighting the darkened features of every building, road and piece of scenery the world had to offer. Lights flickered and wavered in the window of the Grand Forge. Home to Aincrad's most recent Player Killer, Oikawa the Faint. The gray haired player sat atop his work bench. Disgust etched into his features as he looked at himself in the reflection of his [Spectral Shield]. The man he once was, and the values he stood for seemed ever more distant now. His actions had his name being repeated day and day out along the streets of the first floor and those higher. Word of his actions spreading like wildfire across a field drizzled in gasoline.

He sighed, placing the shield next to him as he stared outside the window of the one place he could remain safe, his shop. With the death of Zelrius and Ssendom, the frontlines had not only loss two blades, in the literal sense as well, but they had also lost two comrades who most of Aincrad had come to know and love, or hate. His actions had caused him to not only lose the respect he had garnered from many, but also caused him to create the most unusual of enemies. People he once considered acquaintances had so so easily turned on him despite not knowing his reasoning, not that he offered it to them either. His predicament was an interesting one and now he sat at the fork in the road between choosing redemption and or carrying on as an outcast. His thoughts wandered to that of Mari, a renowned Player Killer who had managed to take more lives than himself yet seemed untouchable all the same. How did she manage to carve herself into the image of the untouchable player?

His thoughts reeled at the sound of a notification. Glancing up from his distant gaze, he located the source of the noise and opened his messenger. His face sunk. He knew the time would come when he'd have to face one of the three people he owed an explanation too. Sighing, he typed a quick response along the lines of "be there shortly"' and heaved himself up. Glancing to the cub, who's chest rose and fell ever so slightly, he cleared his throat and exited the shop.

Given his situation, he knew it'd be unwise to go anywhere unarmed, but given the person he was meeting, should Calrex want to be the person to end his existence, he'd rather it be done by him or Teayre than anyone else. Removing all his gear save for the vanity cloak he donned at all times, Oikawa pushed onto the boss room of the first floor. With being unable to traverse floors via warp gate, he'd have to get used to walking from floor to floor.

Though he said shortly, the lad should've mentioned shortly as in a few hours, as the night began to stir once more as he reached the twelfth floor. Selecting the friend tracker option from his menu, he followed the blinking orb all the way out to the settlement of Lazaro. Catching sight of the blue falcon circling ahead, Oikawa knew who the figure was just up ahead. Pushing his legs to carry him further, the bluenette he was to meet, focused into view and he offered a slight wave as he approached.

"Calrex."

Only a few more moments passed by before Calrex heard the sound of his friend addressing him. Turning his head the bluenette gave a nod, although he did make note that Oikawa had called him by his full avatar name, rather than the shortened nickname that had become used on a everyday basis for the two, as well as pretty much everyone else that had gotten to know the player, "Hey Oikawa, Certainly been a while."

"So, he decided to come unarmed as well. Guess his relationships aren't as stressed as I had originally held caution about. That's good to know. Oikawa hasn't become completely distrusting of everyone just yet."

Pushing off from the wall wit a quick reverse thrust of his hips, the Ultramarine Knight was standing upright, turning to fully face the blonde as he put a calm smile on his face, "Thanks for meeting me out here this time of night. I figured now would be the safest for you, since most players have turned in for the night, and the usually dangerous-level monsters don't spawn near the safe zone's borders. We should have to worry about attackers for now. In any case, best we'd take this to a place a little more secure. Follow me."

Walking past Oikawa the bluenette directed him in the orientation of where he had intended. After only a few paces the two ended up as a nearby river that seemed to run out from the settlement towards the field zones. Already tethered to a small spike in the ground was a wooden boat, suitable for fitting two people with enough leg room. Within were two oars designed more for controlling the boat's direction than actually moving it forward. With the lazy river's current, that part could easily be supplied.

It had only been a few months before that a similar setup had transpired. However, back he was accompanied by a person both he himself and Oikawa were close to. Azide. Back then the Ultramarine Knight and the previous Vice Commander of the Knights of the Blood Oath were discussing the current status of the frontlines, as well as Aincrad's player society in general. It had been only a few days after the brunette had been discovered by he and Rebekah on the tenth floor, supposedly after roaming the maddening expanse of the underground cavern themed area for months on end. Even before that, back when Calrex was still working his way up the frontlines, he had shared a similar situation with Xanatos, another individual whose ideals the bluenette had valued.

That conversation was only days after the event which he only bore witness off, at least for its wake. After the previously feared Player Killer of the time, Mari, had slain another player, it had erupted into a fiasco involving many individuals, with the rapier wielder being one of them. The aftermath had Daeron, someone who Calrex could only suspect to have been a lover of the pink-haired dagger wielder, nearly attempt to take his own life.

"Only a few people from those events are still here. Daeron took his own Life. Oske has been missing, and Azide's gone..."

Pushing the thoughts to the back of his mind Calrex gave a friendly smirk as he pointed with his thumb to the boat, "Figured a moving meeting room might be a bit safer. Plus if need be we can always smack any intruders away with the oars."

• 2 weeks later...

"Glad to see someone still has my best interest at heart," chuckled the blonde. "The timing is in fact perfect, though unless people plan to use the Opal method, I doubt I will get blindsided. Despite that, lead the way." Gesturing for Cal take the lead, Oikawa quickly followed behind. The blanket of night served its purpose as it concealed the two players from most people's line of sight.

Trailing the Ultramarine Knight, Oikawa took notice of the scenery shift. Moving from populated fields and forestry to desolate landscape a running river. Water glistened, rushing along the bank in rather calm stream. As they approached the riverbank, he spotted the rickety boat that swayed in the motion of the river. Tied to a wooden spike, the boat was definitely meant for two. Glancing from it to Cal, he put two and two together realizing where this was going.

Probably reading the expression on his face, Calrex confirmed his thoughts as he spoke of the plan. "Fair enough. I'll take left paddle hehe." Stepping into the boat, Oikawa released the noose around the boat but held onto the stake to allow Calrex to step in. Once the bluenette joined him, he would gaze across the river, but begin to speak. "I imagine recent events are plaguing your thoughts these days?"

Calrex gave a calm nod as he got into the boat first. Of course, the Ultramarine Knight was to some level overthinking things ever since the past two boss raids. Even now, as he got into the boat, his mind was already analyzing and determining the potential messages that it could have given. On one hand, getting into the boat first was a symbol of trust, that he was willing to show his back, and at the same time put himself in a compromised position as he transferred from the stable surface of the ground to the rickety platform of the vessel's inside. However, the more cynical and cautious side of him also gave the thought that it could also be a potential trap. Should someone have it out for Oikawa, it was always possible that the bluenette getting into the boat first was a quick way to let the blonde drop his guard for a surprise attack.

Of course Calrex had no intention of performing the latter, but even though the young man accompanying him was a close and trusted friend, he of course didn't want to leave things to chance. Completing his entry into the floating vessel ht sat down and picked up one of the two oars, making sure it was secured into its respective spot. Once Oikawa entered inside he would stand up and simply detach the spike from the ground before pushing the boat off from the riverbank, letting it be caught up in the gentle stream.

With that part out of the way he could get to addressing his friend's question, "Heh, well for those that were there, I wouldn't be surprised at all if that were the case. Needless to say a lot of unexpected happening took place within a short period of time, haven't they..."

As the small craft continued down the stream the light of the moon continued to barely glance the vessel, with the two people inside only occasionally graced by the light. It was a calm, yet eerie setting. At any moment, either player could attack or shove the other off the boat into the water below, leaving them susceptible to monster attack while they struggled to gain access to their inventory.

With a calm sigh the Ultramarine Knight continued, "To think, that Opal was secretly a member of some malicious guild like that. Guess she was playing the long con all this time. Going from Mack's reaction, it wasn't something even he would have expected."

Looking down at his hand Calrex seemed to be like he was focusing on something no one else but he would understand. It was as if the power Tristan had given to him, Achilles, was gathered into his hand, like some representation of the unique skill, "I'm sure the info brokers and rumors have already gone around, but after you left, Tristan apparently retired from the battles as well. He entrusted me with the skill that made him known as the Invincible Warrior, the Achilles unique skill. Luckily enough, as you can see, the fact I'm still standing means that the next floor was unlocked. But..."

Lowering his hand the bluenette continued to monitor their path with his oar, making sure to push away whenever it seemed like they were going to hit a bank, "...somehow it seems like no matter how much strength we gain, or the bonds we make, the way things are between players trapped here haven't changed at all since back when we were still low level players."

"Such is the way of the world my friend." Echoed the blonde whilst keeping his side of the boat from the entanglements that lined the riverbank. His crimson eyes, nearly glowed in the dim light of the artificial moon above. Shifting between the calm oft e water and his companion before. Mentally wording himself, he finally spoke. "As for the whole Opal thing. I was rather surprised myself. The mere thought of player killers, or mavericks as Keith used to call them, haven't been heard of much since the aforementioned's disappearance. Even worse, I've become one of them."

His gaze darted from the man in blue back to the waves that gently lapped at the wooden boat. Within his own mind, all he could see was the dwindling health bar. Green, to yellow, to red, to nothing. In a flash, Zelrius' life had ended. His fragmented polygons crumbling and disappearing from sight as Oikawa removed his blade. Shock was only the surface of emotions the people around him felt, but at the time he cared not. Rage was metaphorically foaming at his mouth as he quickly retreated from their piercing saddened gaze.

It had nearly been a month since then, at least it felt like it. His attention snapped back as he thought about something Calrex had said. "Wait what? You own Achilles now? Howintha world?" He sat speechless for a few moments, the reality settling in once more. "Well congrats hehe. You continue to outclass me at every turn." Turning more to directly face Cal, Oikawa finished. "So what did you really bring me out here for?"

"Heh, well I wouldn't go as far as to say outclass. The only large difference now between our power levels is a single skill, just like it always has been with these skills. At the moment, the skill doesn't make me invincible, just more durable than before. You're familiar with the Parry skill. Well...Achilles functions in a similar manner, only I don't have to focus in order for it to trigger."

Pushing off the surface of another upcoming bank the bluenette gave a small sigh, addressing Oikawa's return statement about Opal's reveal, "Well, remember you were the one that taught me and Tearyre in the first place that orange crystal players aren't all to be feared. Some merely ended up that way as a result of self defense. It's the system itself that judges them without scrutiny, simply going by the parameter of whether or not they killed another person. But what she said, it seems like there's a band of player-killers, people that would revel in the massacre of others to try and put that fear back into them."

"Fear...to try and gain power. It's almost exactly what Teayre felt when she told me about her reasons for staving off taking the <<Redemption>> quest..."

Upon hearing the blonde's question Calrex gave a small smirk as yet another glint of light through the trees illuminated their faces, "Straight to the point huh? Heh, well, it was as you said, whether it be reasonable or not, everyone has their reasons for becoming an orange player. I'm sure this question was for a long time coming, at least from those that would consider you someone with a level head and patient."

Looking over at his companion the Ultramarine Knight kept a calm gaze at the young man self-titled "The Faint." "What was your reason for striking at Zelrius and cutting him down? I'm not here at all to judge or discern, merely to understand."

As he finished his question, the boat it self successfully emerged from the trees, slowly entering into a small lake. At this point the moon was illuminating the water's surface, clearly lighting the both of them. Before, it would have been simple to access one's menu in secret, but here both young men's hands were visible. For Calrex, he still had both hands on his oar to maintain control of his side of the vessel. He had no intention of drawing his weapon, or summoning his armor. He was merely waiting for Oikawa's answer.

The dreaded question he knew was to come, had finally arrived. Under the guise of night and friendly meetings, the time to explain himself more thoroughly and to one he considered a friend, had made its presence known and given their location and current situation, there would be no cowering or hiding. Keeping his voice and gaze steady, he looked to Calrex and parted his lips to speak. Once again, he was at a loss for how to begin. Reminding him of the time he announced leaving Square One and professing his love for the now missing Kotori. Taking another calming breath. He tried once more.

"The age old why. The most vague of questions providing the most precise of answers it seems. You ask why did I kill Zelrius. Well to be honest, it wasn't initially my intention. If you recall back tot he fourteenth floor boss fight against that wretched avian, towards the end I punched Zelrius and declared my leave of Azure. At that time, I had become fed up with Zelrius and how Azure was being handled. The way he treated our members, in particular Manta and Shizuka, who I deemed unfit to join Azure in the first place, was down right degrading and uncalled for. The way he walked and talked as if he was just the strongest being in Aincrad sickened me. Sure he had the damage to back it up, but should he miss or you land the first blow, he's just as dead as the rest of us. But what got me most, was how he treated our mutual friend, Kiru. He has constantly strung her along. A mess of emotions is what he left her in and at the festival I think I had had enough. Again, I never planned to kill him initially, but after meeting with Opal a few days later and sharing with her the state of Aincrad and my feelings about certain people, I got caught up drinking a potion that clearly clouded my judgement and when it took effect at the beginning of the last boss raid, I lost my marbles and well killed him. All that pent rage, jealousy, love and various other emotions had come out in one life ending move. Changing me and the state of Aincrad forever. Would I take it back if I could? Certainly. but can I change the past? No, and as such i have to live with the guilt of taking the last person Kiru cared about away from her and frankly I'm not worthy of anyone's forgiveness or pity."

The breath he had been building up came to an exhale as he finished. His gaze had moved from Calrex to the water and he didn't really know what else to say. He was a mess right now. Torn between wanting redemption and feeling as though he didn't deserve it. The cycle was nasty, and despite wanting to fix the situation, he didn't even know where to begin on that front.

"A potion huh? If I was lower level I probably wouldn't understand that, or possibly even taken it as some kind of trick. But I've seen what Mari's potion effects can do, so I can definitely sympathize."

"Alchemists are certainly a fairly dangerous bunch. Sure their potions are useful, but some of the effects that come with them seem to do even more harm than the good the mechanical effects apply. I'm surprised Azide and Zandra haven't been tempted to play around with their effects as many others have."

With a small sigh the bluenette looked to see that the blonde had broken eye contact, looking down at the slowly moving waters below. It was a universal expression of gilt or regret. A person who had killed without that would have been able to stare easily into another person's eyes, supporting the claim. But what you convince yourself cannot always convince your body. Calrex had seen that before, as the subject of body language and "micro-expressions" was a common theatrical topic in many crime and police procedurals nowadays.

Giving a small smile he began to reply, "Well, I wasn't going to give either, because it wouldn't be my place to do so. Zelrius was close enough to me to call him a known acquaintance and a comrade in arms at best. But from the conversations we've had for the most part it's always been completing some excursion, completing a job, or getting to the next floor. I don't know know if it was intentional, but there wasn't as close a connection to him to me than I'm sure Kiru and the rest of the Azure Brigade members had with him. Had I had more opportunities to interact with him, maybe I might have been able to understand him better. But as you said yourself, there's no way to change the past."

Looking up at the moonlit array of stars Calrex gave a small sigh as he continued, "To be honest, there may well come a day where I will eventually have to become an orange player, at least for some time, as well. I try to keep a level head, but there are some situations that simply cannot be resolved by regular means, or not at least in a way that I would like. There may come a time that I will have to strike someone down should they threaten the people I care about. I would need to snuff out an individual who may well have had just as many connections in this world as Zelrius, you, or I have. When that time comes, someone will surely try to strike me down in retaliation, and perpetuate the cycle of vengeance..."

Moving his gaze back forward the Ultramarine Knight regained his casual smile he usually had, "I can't speak for you, but I think at this point I would concern myself less with what you want or deserve. It's normal to want repentance or punishment for some deed, to be absolved or ridiculed. But at this point I can only say that choice is no longer in your hands, and as which you'd be better or concerning yourself with what comes next, with what you want to do with the unforseeable amount of time you, that we all have, before we die in this or the real world."

Swiping on his inventory Calrex's eyes locked on the new small trinket that had appeared in his hand, the Ultramarine Badge, the small shield pin he had made as a representation for those suitable for the Spectrum Coalition, his inner circle of trusted friends and associates. Even though they had never become an official guild, they had already lost one member. The initial representation of the green spectrum, the Malachite Badge, now rested in the memorial place set aside for Azide.

Clenching the pin in his hand he put both into his jacket pocket, "The question now, is would you rather continue on and merely wait for those individuals who may or may not seek you out in revenge, or to continue working to see if we can finally make some positive change for these players. I don't know nearly a quarter of everyone trapped in SAO, but I can definitely say that it would make this game a better place for all if we don't have to worry about someone slitting our throat every second we step outside of the safe zone."

Oikawa silently listened to the bluenette without interruption. His heading nodding along to things he agreed with while his posture changed to a more relaxed position as their boat steadied upon the wet surface. A small grin found itself across his lips at the sight of the badge. His memories of those that had similar badges and the reasoning behind having them, brought a flood of mixed feelings to his core. Shifting his gaze back to Calrex, he straightened up and spoke in response. to his query.

"Believe me when I say I don't plan on killing anyone else. I have no intention of being psychopathic murderer nor do I plan on dying by someone else's hands anytime soon. That being said, I think you're right. I need to decide how I will proceed from here on out. And while the general population may hate me still, I don't plan on giving up that easily. I still aim to conquer the frontlines just like everybody else." Eyeing the badge as it was moved from being in view, to the inside of the bluenette's pocket, Oikawa smirked as he tried to guess what would come next.

"You aren't thinking of doing what I think you are about to do, are you?"

Calrex gave a nod as he gathered enough breath to speak, as the next words he would utter the bluenette wished to carry forth his message clearly. Of course with his actions he would have suspected that Oikawa would likely pick up on his thoughts. The young man was probably one of the few people in this world that knew him well enough to almost be in his head.

"Probably almost exactly as your thinking. I think that the days of the Spectrum Coalition being merely a group passed by ear are over. With the Azure Brigade gone, and with whatever player killer guild Opal hinted to be rising, I need as many allies I can trust as possible. You already know that you and Teayre are two of my closest companions, but I think that this community needs to be reminded that it's not strength pooled into a single squadron focused on floor clearing, a group that enforces honor and a noble viewpoint, or even a smaller guild resembling a family. It's all these things and more. I think Azide was on the right track with Square One, where it was a guild that took in those that were just starting and helped to bring them up in strength. However, it wasn't to funnel them to the frontlines like some kind of bootcamp, but to help them survive and thrive in this world."

As he continued to speak he gave a smirk, "I think with the people we know and trust, we might be able to finally accomplish something like that, and the Spectrum Coalition will be the banner we unite those ideals under."

• 2 weeks later...

Oikawa stared at Calrex for a moment. His thoughts scrambling to understand the weight of his statements. Given recent events and the outlook on the community, he certainly agreed that the inhabitants of this world needed to be reminded what they wee fighting for. He also realized that his actions needn't to be handled and as such he couldn't hide in seclusion forever. If he was to unite people even if they aren't in SC per say, he would need o gain their trust back before they could move any further with this plan. Taking a needed breath, Oikawa spoke.

"Fair enough Cal. I agree with what you are wanting and asking, but before we can even think to emit that kind of message to the people around us, we need to handle this little orange nuisance above my head as well as I need to make a public statement regarding my recent acts and plans for the future. I would say Teayre would need to do the same but apparently despite our crimes being the same, hers is more well received than my own. That being said, before anything can be made public, I need to square away my demons about this," he stated pointing to the pulsing orange diamond above him.

The bluenette's smirk remained on his face as he listened to the blonde respond, giving a nod of his head, "Of course, that would make perfect sense. Besides, it would be a good idea to have some options of where we'd like to set up a headquarters eventually right?"

Calrex gave a small laugh at the comment. Honestly, it didn't matter to him whether the guild had an actual guild hall or not. To him, it was more about the people than the establishment. Buildings would always be built up and torn down, so having a group be bound to that wouldn't make sense. It was why he initially only wanted SC to be passed around by ear. However, he also knew that now it seemed they didn't have that luxury anymore.

"Well, you know exactly where I stand with Teayre's status, so it can easily be said that should you both decide to take the Redemption quest I will for sure be there to back you up. But until then feel free to get things squared away."

As it seemed their topic was about to change again the Ultramarine Knight's eyebrows narrowed as he glanced around the area, "In any case, you might want to get your weapon ready. The second reason that I brought us out here might have just decided to show its face."

Looking over to the right he could see a large dorsal fin break the lake's surface, lightning streaking back and forth along the tips, "Azide and I came out here some time back and ended up fighting a large anglerfish. Unfortunately we ended up having to run when our boat shattered on the shore and never got to finish it..."

Swiping on his menu Calrex produced the Grand Blade II, turning to face where the creature had breached, "What do you say to finishing the job?"

"Yeah. An in town Headquarters would probably be better should a guild hall need to come to fruition hehe." Letting the blue-haired knight finish, he nodded as Cal explained his position on their crystal statuses. He didn't care either way, but if he and Teayre wanted to take <Redemption>, he would be right there to help them out. Oikawa slightly chuckled to himself. Here he was, looking up to one of the few people he came up with in this world. A player, no, a brother he has had in this world since the first week of this wretched prison's release.

Turning to his attention back to Calrex, Oikawa spoke: "Should I choose to take Redemption, I'm glad to know you'll be right there alongside me." The nearly sentimental moment was quickly broken however as a visitor made its presence known. Calrex seemed familiar with creature lurking beneath the surface and asked Oikawa to help him eradicate the being at hand. "A mob both you and Azide couldn't handle? Reminds me of the <Behemoth> I tangled with back in the days of Square One. Let's put this thing down for good." Gesturing to Calrex, he motioned for him to lead the charge.

ID: 59200
Battle Dice: 10 (Accuracy +3) = 13 (+2 Damage)
Craft Dice: 8
Mob Dice: 4 (Evasion +2) = 2
Sword Art <<Meteor Break>> Activated / <<Charge>> Activated (11 Energy Used / 52 Remaining)

Calrex gave a nod as he turned to face the enormous creature cutting through the waters before them. Giving a small sigh the bluenette focused before readying the Grand Blade II, his eyes locking onto the target. His sword radiated with the shining golden glow of his <<Meteor Break>> Sword Art before he rushed forward. Right as his foot landed on the edge of the boat he triggered his <<Charge>> skill as well, combining with his technique as two of the petal-like blue diamond gates appeared in front of him. As he passed through each it seemed like the effect rocketed him even faster forward, quickly clearing the large expanse of water before smashing into the <<Galvanic Snapper>>.

The impact forced the creature off course as the Ultramarine Knight released the volley of slashes and stabs iconic of his technique before delivering a final piercing blow, kicking off and landing back on the boat. With the creature stunned he gave a nod to Oikawa, "That should keep it down for now."

Spoiler

<<Galvanic Snapper>> [||||||||||||||||||||||||] [|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||] 480/700 HP (Stunned Until Next Turn)

Galvanic_Snapper.png
10 Base Damage, Partial Phase (Will always deal at least 20 DMG), Paralysis Immunity (Does not apply to Stun)

The stillest waters run the deepest, or so the old saying goes. From somewhere far below the surface, the Galvanic Snapper emerges with a shriek for the ages, sending an army of shadows scurrying to the safety of the nighttime skies. The creature's colossal jaws creak open, revealing a mouth large enough to elicit a sudden interest in the size of one's watercraft...

Synergy mechanic: During each player's turn, each player's unmodified CD roll will be recorded. If the sum of these two rolls are greater than twelve (12), then the players have successfully managed to remain within range (WR) of the Galvanic Snapper. Otherwise, they are considered out of range (OOR) until the required total is reached. Whether the Galvanic Snapper is considered WR or OOR is determined during its own battle phase.

The Galvanic Snapper's attacks are determined by its position status (WR vs OOR):

Within Range
<<Seaside Whiplash>> (1x6) Multiplier
With a brutal lash of its serpentine tail, the beast slams a single target in a display of pinpoint precision.
*On a BD of 9 or 10, the Galvanic Snapper follows up by thrashing the boat, causing it to spin dizzily. The CD sum for at the end of the round is reduced to zero (0). 

Out of Range
<<Lightning Strike>> (2x1) Multiplier + AoE + Burn (4 DMG for 2 rounds)
The Galvanic Snapper propels itself forward, before turning around. It opens its mouth, making the air around it begin to crackle and spark. After a brief moment, creature discharges the buildup of energy in the form of two narrow arcs of electricity, which immediately ignite upon contact. 
*If either player is struck by the attack, then the boat is also set alight until the end of the round, reducing each player's CD roll that round by 1.

Enraged State:

If the Galvanic Snapper's health drops to 100 HP or below, it enters an enraged state. In this state, base damage is increased by three (3), the partial phase minimum is increased to twenty-five (25), and the creation's evasion is reduced to negative one (-1).

Galvanic Snapper Theme

• 2 weeks later...

ID: 59563 BD: 10 CD: 12 [Over Radiation: 13+3+2= 18x14= 252]

[2] Oikawa: 189/189 E: 32/46

[2] Calrex: ???/??? E: 52/63

Galvanic Snapper: 228/700

The waves parted as the fin of what lurked beneath cut through the surface. Calrex was quick to react as he launched off the boat and nearly decimated a half of the creatures HP. The <Galvanic Snapper> hissed and bucked as it was sent careening deeper into the darkened waters. Oikawa simply smirked at the bluenette as he landed on the rickety hunk of wood. "Well aren't you just strong hehe?" As the stunned status became visible, the enlarged fish floated to the surface allowing an easy target for the blonde.

Drawing his own rapier after having equipped it, Oikawa pointed Orochi at the beast before locking into his pre-motion for <Over Radiation>. Launching forward, he propelled even faster with the use of <Charge> and sank his rapier into it's scales several times over before using the creature as a launch pad and placing himself back on the boat.

"All yours Cal."

Edited by Oikawa

ID: 59580
Battle Dice: 1 (Accuracy +3) = 4 (Disregarded Due to Howl)
Craft Dice: 10
Mob Dice: 3 (Evasion +2) = 1
<<Howl>> Activated (1 Energy Recovered / 53 Remaining)

"Heh thanks. I'll...whoa!"

As Calrex readied himself to attack he looked to see that the oversized angler had recovered from the Stun effect, lashing its tail out in an attempt to strike the boat. Luckily enough the angle it came at was too shallow, merely slashing water a few feet away from the wooden vessel. However, the waves made by the action was enough to throw the bluenette off balance for a second.

"Tch, darn. Alright better just keep its attention then."

Flipping the Grand Blade II into a reverse grip it radiated with light blue aura energy before he slammed his open palm into the handle, forcing the energy out like a shockwave, his <<Howl>> skill causing the creature to focus its eyes on him.

"I've got a pretty decent grasp of the oar. Go for it!"

[5] Calrex: 287/287 E: 53/63

Galvanic Snapper: 228/700

ID: 59634 BD: 7 CD: 2 [Over Radiation: 13x14= 182]

[3] Oikawa: 189/189 E: 19/46

[5] Calrex: 287/287 E: 53/63

Galvanic Snapper: 46/700

With Calrex steadying the boat, the blonde nodded and smirked as he was given near free reign to wreak havoc on the angler. Jumping skyward, the blonde accelerated to the exposed scales of the <Snapper>. <Over Radiation> dipped his blade in a faint glow as it pulsed. He sent the blade crashing into the tough flesh of the over-sized fish. Fourteen slashes and jabs riddled the creature, nearly ending it save for a few red ticks left on its last health bar.

Pushing off the beast, Oikawa landed back on the swaying plank that Cal managed to keep afloat. Grabbing an oar, the blonde nodded to the bluenette and spoke. "Finish it off, then we can head back."

Edited by Oikawa

ID: 60098
Battle Dice: 10 (Accuracy +3) = 13 (+2 Damage)
Craft Dice: 5
Loot Dice: 1 (Search and Detect +2 / Item +1) = 4 (No Materials Found)
Mob Dice: 7 (Evasion +2) = 5
Sword Art <<Vertical Arc>> Activated (4 Energy Used / 1 Recovered / 50 Remaining)

"You got it!"

With Oikawa's attack concluded Calrex quickly released the oar and kicked off the boat, holding the Grand Blade II with both hands. As his flight path took him into striking range he quickly shifted his shoulders to narrowly avoid the incoming tail swipe. His sword lit aglow with the shining blue hue of his <<Vertical Arc>> Sword Art as he came down on the oversized fish's side before flipping his grip around, redirecting his cut without extracting the blade. The second cut moved created a large V shape in the creature before it froze in place.

By the time the bluenette landed back on the boat it burst into crystals. Flipping his sword into a reverse grip before sheathing it Calrex looked back at the falling lights with a small sigh, "Well, that's one thing taken care of that was left unfinished..."

"Alright, let's get heading back."

[5] Calrex: 287/287 E: 50/63

Galvanic Snapper: 46/700

In a flash of blue , the snapper suddenly ceased to exist as Calrex ended it with one final blow. The Ultramarine Knight landed with a soft thud as he sheathed his blade and turned to face the blonde and call for the retreat. Nodding, Oikawa sheathed his own blade and reached down for an oar. Spinning the platform of splintered wood around, he helped row them back to some form safety, as land wasn't too far off from where they were at. As land mass approached, Oikawa slowed his row and allowed the boat to be pulled into the dock. Exiting the boat, he dusted his clothes and looked to Calrex. "I'll be giving my announcement in a few days time. It'll be on the outskirt of the town on Floor 1. I'll PM you further details in a couple days. Should you deem it necessary, we can also announce SC. That way we can kill two birds with one stone. All that aside, I will be seeing you soon enough, so stay alive Cal."

Waving his friend off, the blonde vanished back into the blanket of night.