[F2-PP] Where's the Raid?! <<Long Live The Queen>> (hydra)

Having heard of a party being wiped by a large field boss, Nikodemus decided to and take care of the beast. Teleporting to Urbus on the second floor, he sent a mass message to a few people he knew to see if they wanted to help. Waiting for a response, Nikodemus checked his inventory and made sure he was prepared. After checking those, he secured his shield to his arm and checked his armor. After a moment, he then took a seat and tried to calm his mind for the battle ahead.

Spoiler

<<Long Live The Queen>>

This quest takes place on Floor 2
This quest is repeatable

This RP will not count in the benchmark

mb_twq.png

Word from the Information Brokers speaks of a hidden respawning Field Boss on Floor 2. A small party reported having farmed the <<Wind Wasps>> found throughout the fields awakened a hidden Field Boss. This monster, identified as <<Wind Wasp Queen>>, proved to be a dangerous opponent for the relatively low levelled party, and dropped a powerful Alchemical Potion.

Requirements:

-At least two [2] Pages (21 or more posts)

-Maximum Party Size of 3

-The Wasp Queen must be defeated 

-Repeat completions will only yield <<The Matriarch's Stinger>>

Wasp Queen Information

<The Wasp Queen> is a respawning Field Boss and has the following statistics:

HP: 50
Damage per Attack: 12

Rewards:

1. <<The Matriarch's Stinger>> This incredibly potent venom can be applied to a weapon to provide an additional +1 damage for the duration of one battle.
  2. 3 Skill Points

Parties or Groups of low level players are advised.
Recommended Level: 8

Hydra let out a long sigh as he stretched out his arms on a small glade he had found of the second floor. Forests surrounded him to his left and right, the spearman had managed to find a quiet spot where he could see the vast digital sky stretch above him. Just as he was contempt an alert popped up, "Huh?" The brunette scrolled through his interface to find a message requesting aid in clearing a field boss. The brunette had no doubt it was the large fuzzy buzzer that was causing more trouble, he had taken it on a while ago but either there was more than one of them, or the same one kept spawning. The message was sent not to far from his position, "Guess I could check it out." He mumbled to himself, slowly he stood up and wandered to the meeting point. After half an hour or so of walking he caught sight of a familiar face,  raising his hand he waved at the figure with a smile on his face "Hey!".

Seeing Hydra approach, Nikodemus lifted his hand and waved in salutations. Meeting the young spearman, Nikodemus smiled a friendly grin and shook Hydra's hand. "Guten Abend, Hydra. I see you got my message about a field boss causing issues. Thank you for coming to help. I am sure we will deal with it quickly. With the loss of more low leveled players, this thing has become too much of a burden and I wish to stop it." Smiling still, Nikodemus patted Hydra on the shoulder and then marked the location on his map. "Shall we get going?"

As Hydra drew closer they exchanged there greetings, the young man was impressed with the foreign language although he wasn't sure which country it belonged too, "No worries my friend" He responded warmly, glad to meet someone he was already acquainted with. The spearman listened to his allies information, from what he gathered the insect was far stronger than the one he faced, especially due to the fact it was wiping out lots of lower level players. "Mmm..." The brunette eventually responded nodding slightly as he stroked his chin. "All right, we have to stop this thing killing anyone else. Im ready to go." He said half smiling and half concerned. There was a glint of determination in his eye as he prepared his weapon. 

Preparing his axe and unhooking it from the chain it normally hangs upon, Nikodemus checked the blade and made sure it was sharp. Nodding to Hydra, he began to head through the gates of Urbus and out into the fields of floor 2. As he walked, he reviewed the information he had obtained and then looked to hydra and sent him a copy of the information. "New info on it shows that the verdammt thing is always hiding and only appears after some minor mobs called <<Wind Wasps>> have been slain. Seems that they spawn 2 per person in the area. They seem like normal floor level monsters, so nothing too terrible. Then the boss, <<Wind Wasp Queen>> will reveal itself and attack. Good news is the last party to have encountered it mentioned to an info broker that it has no Mitigation or known poison damage buffs. Just seems to be a standard field boss much like the <<Dark Elf>>.'

'Thing has a decent amount of health and hits for a good amount too. I prepared a bit for that. I have good Mitigation and can take even the hardest of crits for little damage, and my armor has <Thorns>, so any foolish hits will hurt the nasty bugger. My weapon has <Bleed> and a nice damage buff, so I can also do a fair bit of damage, and make some linger if I am lucky. I also have a couple health potions for us if we need them. We should be ok. Just gotta keep our wits about us." After he finished reading the information, Nikodemus closed the message HUD and then smiled softly. Seeing the golden fields before them, Nikodemus felt like he was staring at his home town. Inhaling deeply, he smiled and took in the scents of the growing flora around him. Hearing a familiar buzzing sound, Nikodemus looked around and found the cause for the noise. A few hundred feet away, a group of <<Wind Wasp>>s sat buzzing around a flower field. Tapping Hydra, Nikodemus pointed towards them.

"Wanna take them 2 at a time? Would give us a chance to deal with them and then regain any lost health or energy while the others spawn."

It was unusual to see an axe wielder in SAO, Hydra wondered why, then again everyone suited their weapons in one way or another. The brunette contemplated why he picked the spear, his stature was small so it didn't make much sense to begin with yet here he was almost a grand master of the object that was equipped in his left hand. After being told that the field mobs would have no mitigation or poison the brunette nodded. Nikodemus had then pointed at two monsters known as <<Wind Wasps>>. "2 sounds good, how do you want to go about this, should I attack first or do you want to?" There was a brief pause as he suddenly remembered to state his role, "Oh my bad, I can manage AOE, some mitigation and also a small amount of healing." Hydra awaited for his ally to decide who would attack first.

"I'll go first. That will direct their attention at me mostly so that you can do an AOE and bring them down some. My Thorns should do a good amount of work also." Nikodemus smiled softly and then charged in towards the 2 <<Wind Wasps>>. With a howl, he swung his axe at them, missing their crystal clear wings by a fraction of an inch. The one <<Wind Wasp>> targeted him and then struck at him, it's stinger thudding against his shield. The <Thorns> effect activated and sent a damage buff into the <<Wind Wasp>> causing it to shriek slightly. It then fell and burst into pixels immediately.

The Second <<Wind Wasp>> turned and struck at Nikodemus, hitting his shoulder plate and then flitting off to try and attack again. Nikodemus smirked at the small damage the 2 did to him, thanks to his armor, and then nodded. "This shouldn't be too bad."

ID# 57778 results:

Battle: 1

Craft: 10

Loot: 8

MOB: 8 <Thorns> proc. -14 HP.

ID# 57779 results:

MOB: 6

<Thorns> DMG: 14 - 2 = 12

Mob DMG: 12 + 12 = 24 - 30 = 0 + 1 + 1 = 2

Nikodemus: Lvl: 7 | 26/28 HP | Energy: 5/7 | MIT: 30 (3+9+18) | Thorns: 14 (7+7) | DMG 4 (1+1+2)

Hydra: ?? | ?? | ?? | ??

<<Wind Wasp>> 0/10HP | 12 DMG | 2 MIT

<<Wind Wasp>> 10/10HP | 12 DMG | 2 MIT

Edited by Nikodemus_Blackwood

Watching the first wasp blow to bits on slight contact with thorns the spearman new that these shouldn't be to difficult. He lifted his spear and aimed two thrusts at the second wasp that had evaded his allies thorns. Within mere moments it shattered into crystals. With little mitigation they would clear the fields of these things in no time. "Nice job! Where to next?" Hydra said turning his head and smiling. Noticing some bug juice had stained the end of his spear, he used his clothing to wipe off the goo with a face of distaste.

ID# 57782 results:

Battle: 8

SA: Snake Bite (7x2-2 = 12 DMG)

Nikodemus: Lvl: 7 | 26/28 HP | Energy: 5/7 | MIT: 30 (3+9+18) | Thorns: 14 (7+7) | DMG 4 (1+1+2)

[1] Hydra: 76/76 HP | 17/19 Energy | MIT 18 | DMG 7 | 3 EVA | 9 RGN | 8 Bleed

<<Wind Wasp>>  0/10HP | 12 DMG | 2 MIT

Edited by Hydra

Watching the spearman turn the remaining <<Wind Wasp>> into a smattering of pixels, Nikodemus looked back at Hydra and smiled. "We should head east a bit. Seems they were from that way. Maybe the hive is that way. Wont hurt to look." Smiling, Nikodemus wiped the smatterings of bug goo from his shield and then began to walk towards the east. Enjoying the sights and smells of the fields around him, he whistled softly a tune similar to Chopin's Tristesse. After walking about 30 minutes or so, Nikodemus stopped to survey the area see if they could spot anything. He heard faint noises on the gentle breeze and knew they were wasps. "We must be getting closer. I can hear them off in the distance. A bit more eastwards and alittle north as the breeze is coming from that way." Smiling he began to move on in the direction he mentioned.

"East it is then..." Hydra threw a glance over in that general direction, rolling hills and field lay before him. Shining with a golden glow from the rich light of the digital sun. Nikodemus's hunch was correct, the players soon heard the sound of wings battering harshly. Each wind wasp looked slightly different, they were not as big as the one he had fought with, however they were certainly menacing and could do damage to unwary travelers. Slowly the brunette lifted up his weapon and prepared to rush in. "Whenever your ready..." He said gently, cautious he might alert the insects if he spoke to loudly.

Edited by Hydra

Seeing the <<Wind Wasps>> Nikodemus nodded to Hydra and then once more charged in to the 2 to attract their attention. Coming to the closest, he deftly swung his axe without any aim, the blade coming within a breath of the <<Wind Wasp>>s head. It's many faceted eyes locked onto the man in large armor, changing from a dull black to glowing red as it'd became aggro at him. With a loud buzz, the creature lifted itself into the air and spun around, changing from a lifting hover into a full dive, it's stinger spearing downward and slamming into Nikodemus chest. His armor rang with a dull thud, and he grunted with the pain and sucked in gasps of air trying to refill his now empty lungs. His armor has stopped the stinger from breaking through and skewering the madman, but the hit was still like that of a hammer to his chest, his breath being knocked clean from him. As he staggered back a step, his armor's <Thorns> effect activated and sent a damage wave through the <<Wind Wasp>>, tearing it apart and sending the pixels away.

The second <<Wind Wasp>> nearby had become alerted and began to fly at Nikodemus, stopping just before him and lashing out with it's stinger. Nikodemus saw the bug's telegraph and knew when to dodge, leaping to the right and rolling a few feet before coming back to his legs. His exit left himself clear of the verminous bug, and also left it open for an attack.

ID# 57844 results:

Battle: 4 + 1 = 5 miss.

Craft: 10

Loot: 3

MOB: 8 <Thorns>

ID# 57845 results:

MOB: 5 Miss

Thorns: 14 - 2 = 12

Mob DMG: 12 - 30 = 0 + 1 = 1

Nikodemus: Lvl: 7 | 27/28 HP | Energy: 5/7 | MIT: 30 (3+9+18) | Thorns: 14 (7+7) | DMG 4 (1+1+2)

<<Wind Wasp>> 0/10HP | 12 DMG | 2 MIT DED

Hydra sighed, he was a little disappointed only two of the wasps had shown up. Once again the first wasp shattered on Nikodemu's armor and Hydra jumped in shattering the second one into millions of crystals. "We need to find a bigger group." He mumbled to his ally. As he crouched down he noticed the creature had dropped no loot for him, "Ah well, maybe next time." Slowly he rose back to his feet and waited for his allies next course of action. Hydra wondered if he had a familiar.

ID# 57863 results:

Battle: 10 (+2 DMG)

SA: Snake Bite (7+2x2 = 18-2 = 16)

Nikodemus: Lvl: 7 | 27/28 HP | Energy: 5/7 | MIT: 30 (3+9+18) | Thorns: 14 (7+7) | DMG 4 (1+1+2)

[1] Hydra: 76/76 HP | 16/19 Energy | MIT 18 | DMG 7 | 3 EVA | 9 RGN | 8 Bleed

<<Wind Wasp>>  0/10HP | 12 DMG | 2 MIT

Edited by Hydra

Nodding in agreement to Hydra's comment, Nikodemus looked about for a moment, and then smiled a wide, almost twisted grin and pointed. Off in the distance, the source of the bees could be seen. A large hive was visible at the edge of the field, near a copse of trees. It's mottled grey and yellow structure shaped in a slight circle with a domed cap at the top. An opening the size of a single <<Wind Wasp>> was at the bottom where they could come and go with pleasure. "I believe we may find a big group yet my friend. Their home is just a few hundred meters away. I would also hazard a bet that our target is there as well. I can see a good 4 <<Wind Wasps>> around the hive, and I bet once we get in, more will come out, or their queen."

With a smile, Nikodemus took a firm grip on his axe and shield and began the trek towards the large hive. Stepping through the golden fields strewn with flowers, Nikodemus inhaled deeply and took in the scent of the flowers. With a smile, he began to whistle once more Chopin's Tristesse and kept his pace brisk. Thinking of the poor people who had fallen to this vermin made his jaw tense slightly, which shifted the tune of his whistling for a slight second. Looking to Hydra as they approached the hive and the 4 <<Wind Wasps>> he smiled softly. "So, Here is hoping this thing is as the brokers said and stays dead once we kill it."

Nikodemus: Lvl: 7 | 26/28 HP | Energy: 6/7 | MIT: 30 (3+9+18) | Thorns: 14 (7+7) | DMG 4 (1+1+2)

Hydra: 76/76 HP | 16/19 Energy | MIT 18 | DMG 7 | 3 EVA | 9 RGN | 8 Bleed

It was odd, Nikodemus seemed so relaxed humming tunes to himself as the two moved forward. He was not much different to how Hydra had been earlier in the day. "I will see if I can take these wasps down in a hit." He said turning his head and smiling. Once he had said what he needed too the spearman darted forward, sprinting across the fields at some pace. Upon closing in the spearman raised his weapon above his head and prepared to strike all four wasps at once. Hydra had completely miscalculated the positioning of the mob however, they were buzzing about the hive and upon closing in he realized he was too small to reach the creatures. The wasps took advantage of this and darted downwards stingers in the air piercing his body at once. Fortunately his armor absorbed the blow and began repairing his wounds afterwards, the pain was a different story however, it felt like being stabbed with a burning hot rod of iron "ARGH!".

ID# 57869 results:

Battle: 2 (miss)

Craft: 7 (+9 health)

MOB: 8 (hit) (12-18) = 1x(number of mobs) = 4 DMG

Nikodemus: Lvl: 7 | 26/28 HP | Energy: 6/7 | MIT: 30 (3+9+18) | Thorns: 14 (7+7) | DMG 4 (1+1+2)

Hydra: 76/76 HP | 15/19 Energy | MIT 18 | DMG 7 | 3 EVA | 9 RGN | 8 Bleed

Edited by Hydra

Seeing Hydra get hit by one of the <<Wind Wasp>>s, Nikodemus growled and charged in with a fury burning in his ice blue eyes. Getting up close to the four <<Wind Wasp>>s, he made sure Hydra would be out of the way of his attack. Planting his feet to stabilize himself, Nikodemus activated his sword art <<Crescent Thrush>> and swung his axe, carving a vicious scything arc in the air and slamming it into all 4 <<Wind Wasps>>. The arc knocked 2 of them from the air and they bounced a few feet away, struggling to get to their feet. The remaining 2 both came in with a furious strike of their stingers, smashing home on Nikodemus shield and armor. One <<Wind Wasp>> got it's stinger through a gap in his arms shoulder plate, sending a burning sting through Nikodemus. It was only a minor sting thanks to his armors tight plating, but it hurt none the less. The second <<Wind Wasp>> crashed against his shield and set off it's <Thorns> effect, damage tearing through the mobs body and turning it to pixels. Panting, Nikodemus prepared his shield and axe for the next pass of attacks.

ID# 57872 results:

Battle: 6 +1 = 7 Hit

Craft: 6

Loot: 19

MOB: 5 Miss

ID# 57873 results:
 MOB: 10 +2 crit

ID# 57874 results:
 MOB: 1 miss

ID# 57875 results:
 MOB: 7 hit <Thorns>

Activated Sword Art:  Crescent thrush - AoE -  1x2 - (4 Energy)

4 x 1 x 2 = 8 - 2 = 6 DMG to all mobs.

Thorns: 14 - 2 = 12

Mob DMG: 12 + 12 - 30 = 0 + 1 + 1 + 2 = 4

Nikodemus: Lvl: 7 | 22/28 HP | Energy: 2/7 | MIT: 30 (3+9+18) | Thorns: 14 (7+7) | DMG 4 (1+1+2)

Hydra: 76/76 HP | 15/19 Energy | MIT 18 | DMG 7 | 3 EVA | 9 RGN | 8 Bleed

<<Wind Wasp>> 4/10HP | 12 DMG | 2 MIT

(OOC: Just thought I'd mention when you roll for a mob you include all the mobs rolls in the first one and not independently unless you make a separate post I believe (for the mob). Also whoever attacks first gets attacked, this time around because I attacked first the mobs would only target me and wouldn't target you in your following post. However because I missed and you hit them, you generate 1 hate and therefore when I roll for the mobs the second time, whatever score the mob gets on my die is aimed at you, this time I rolled a 5 so all four wasps missed. Sorry that may be a chunk to read hopefully it will help you though :D)

The pain surged through Hydra's body, being stabbed four times had only amplified the effect. His whole body felt like it was melting at an incredibly slow rate all the brunette could do was lay there clasp his head and roll around on the floor. screaming out in pain. The wasps darted this time not for him bur for Nikodemus who seemed to anger them with his Area of Effect sword art. Fortunately the axe user managed to dodge out the way before the bugs could land a hit, there stingers narrowly missing.

ID# 57880 results:

Battle: 1 (fail)

MOB: 5 (fail)

[1] Nikodemus: Lvl: 7 | 22/28 HP | Energy: 2/7 | MIT: 30 (3+9+18) | Thorns: 14 (7+7) | DMG 4 (1+1+2)

[0] Hydra: 76/76 HP | 14/19 Energy | MIT 18 | DMG 7 | 3 EVA | 9 RGN | 8 Bleed

Edited by Hydra

(OOC: OK. I am used to SP and just rolling them all separate as I have been studiously instructed via PSTs. I will make sure this roll is done properly.)

Taking advantage of the <<Wind Wasp>>s wounds, Nikodemus struck out with his axe at one of them and sliced it down the left side. It faltered in it's hovered flight and crashed down, bouncing slightly, and struggled weakly on the ground. Jumping back a step, Nikodemus smirked and prepared his axe to strike again. Looking at Hydra, he tried to think quickly on how to help him. "Hydra, are you ok?!" With a quick movement, Nikodemus placed himself between Hydra and the <<Wind Wasps>>

ID# 57882 results:

Battle: 9 Crit +1

Craft: 1

Loot: 9

MOB: 3 Miss

My DMG: 4 + 1 = 5 - 2 = 3

[1] Nikodemus: Lvl: 7 | 22/28 HP | Energy: 3/7 | MIT: 30 (3+9+18) | Thorns: 14 (7+7) | DMG 4 (1+1+2)

[0] Hydra: 76/76 HP | 14/19 Energy | MIT 18 | DMG 7 | 3 EVA | 9 RGN | 8 Bleed

<<Wind Wasp>> 1/10HP | 12 DMG | 2 MIT

(OOC: If a PST told you that im not sure then, do whatever you think is right :D)

The pain would simply not go away, the wasps were fortunately focused on Nikodemus and showed no concern over Hydra who had already been stung four times. All the spearman could do was continue rolling his body slowly getting worse and worse from the intense temperature. How long would this effect last? The spearman bit his tongue hard to stop himself from screaming out in more pain, this was worse than any other mob he had fought before, even the ones on higher level floors. 

ID# 57888 results:

Battle: 2 (miss)

MOB: 3 (miss against Nikodemus - Higher hate)

[2] Nikodemus: Lvl: 7 | 22/28 HP | Energy: 3/7 | MIT: 30 (3+9+18) | Thorns: 14 (7+7) | DMG 4 (1+1+2)

[0] Hydra: 76/76 HP | 13/19 Energy | MIT 18 | DMG 7 | 3 EVA | 9 RGN | 8 Bleed

Edited by Hydra

With a growl, Nikodemus swung his axe in a threatening manner, missing the 3 remaining <<Wind Wasp>>s. His anger was coming through and he was becoming more erratic. Keeping his shield up, each wind was attacked in, their stingers thumping against his armor. With a grunt, Nikodemus felt their stingers slid between plates and pierce his skin in 3 different places. Groaning with the pain he felt, he closed mind off to the pain and counted his breathing.

ID# 57918 results:

Battle: 4 + 1 = 5

Craft: 3

Loot: 2

MOB: 10 Crit +2

Mob DMG: 12 + 12 + 12 = 36 - 30 = 6 + 2 = 8

2] Nikodemus: Lvl: 7 | 14/28 HP | Energy: 2/7 | MIT: 30 (3+9+18) | Thorns: 14 (7+7) | DMG 4 (1+1+2)

[0] Hydra: 76/76 HP | 13/19 Energy | MIT 18 | DMG 7 | 3 EVA | 9 RGN | 8 Bleed

Seeing his friend now get stung repeatedly, Hydra activated his widest hitting sword art. The pain seemed to power his attack, it was still searing through his body. The weapon soared through the air at the group of combatants and Hydra struck all three wasps at once, shattering them into crystals. Nikodemus had taken a few more blows however. The brunette somehow knew he would okay. "Here take this." Hydra held out his hand, in the palm he was holding a +10 HP crystal.

ID# 57932 results:

Battle: 9 (+1)

SA: Tribal Fury AOE (6x8 = 48-2 = 46 DMG)

MOB: 6 (hit 12-30mit = 1x3 = 3 DMG to Nikodemus)

[2] Nikodemus: Lvl: 7 | 11/28 HP | Energy: 2/7 | MIT: 30 (3+9+18) | Thorns: 14 (7+7) | DMG 4 (1+1+2)

[1] Hydra: 76/76 HP | 2/19 Energy | MIT 18 | DMG 7 | 3 EVA | 9 RGN | 8 Bleed

Edited by Hydra