Why are so many alchemists either closed or for personal use only?

From observation alone I'd wager it's because they are the most active business-wise. Every raid they'll need potions, and several people will want some just for emergencies. Not all of a smith's creations will actually be what someone wants, potions tend to serve singular purposes that pretty much everyone wants.

So basically it's to limit how much business they get or to have an almost unlimited supply of particular potions without having to worry about spending crafts to fill orders of unreasonable size, depriving them of their own personal items. I could be wrong though, just my assumption.

Well, at a certain point it becomes very tedious to craft. When you get to a high rank you can craft seven or eight items a day (or more), which takes materials. And then you have to format these items, calculate the experience, submit them all, take orders,add them to your shop list... It become like a real job, and takes a ton of time. Even more than that you need a constant supply of materials as well.

No worries. I closed it by two reasons.

1. Like Manta said. I kind of got burned out.

2. Ive planned to get a house with a fireplace(+1 CD) but there wasnt any floor I wanted my house at. Soon Im gonna get one(with a special irishman).

Just to brag, a 12 crafts/day that makes perfects on a 9+ Alchemist soon gonna return to the business of Aincrad :)

9 minutes ago, Zandra said:

No worries. I closed it by two reasons.

1. Like Manta said. I kind of got burned out.

2. Ive planned to get a house with a fireplace(+1 CD) but there wasnt any floor I wanted my house at. Soon Im gonna get one(with a special irishman).

Just to brag, a 12 crafts/day that makes perfects on a 9+ Alchemist soon gonna return to the business of Aincrad :)

please, take your time. I might get more buyers now.

tumblr_md57hoFKy31rnhaboo1_500.jpg

Mai isn't selling her stock because she will give it away once she gets into boss fights. She doesn't want anyone to die, so if her crystals and potions can save lives, she's all for that. With all her uncommons, she's stock piling them for all the noobs she meets.

Edited by Mayuri