[SP-F5] A Hunter's Life // Road to 300 Mats part 3 <<EaL>> (Complete)

A Hunter's Life
Road to 300 Mats part 3
<<EaL>>

Having nothing else to do has become quite the bothersome thing.  With most of my brothers and sisters busy with other things, I had nothing except for my own push to success.  Unfortunately, I've become slightly less powerful than I should be.  I needed to change that by finding my own path to true strength, or whatever Mack called it.  Something about not being a tank, but I never really understood his methods too much.  Without really thinking about it, I was back on the fifth floor to continue my hunting spree.  This time, I was here to hunt down the elusive cacti mobs that were sometimes found around gathering spots.  

Heartrock Salad (+2 LD) used

Edited by Hirru

It didn't take me long to find a patch of cacti that were growing in the hot desert sun.  It was quite a sight to see, as the flora that could live without constant water was there in front of me.  I would take some time investigating this plant specimen, but I needed to gather materials and the research into the plants would take some time.  Including the living versions of the cacti, which seemed to either run away, or attack.  Searching through the bushel, I found a few needles that had fallen off of some of the cactus' within.  Upon picking them up, I was immediately attacked by a group of cacti that didn't like my intrusion.  I attacked in kind.

Mad Cactus
HP: 56
DMG: 28
MIT: 14

[ID: 58431]
[LD: 17+5] +1 Mat
[BD: 8+2]
[Sword Art: Lightning Fall] 1x7x8 = 56-14 = 42 AOE dmg
[MD: 6-1] Miss

Hirru - [112 / 112 hp // 14 / 28] (-14 en)

Mad Cactus - [14 / 56 hp] (-42 hp)

Total Treasure
1 Material
0 Col

Edited by Hirru

Missing their first attempt at an ambush, they would try again after my electrifying counterattack against them.  For the most part, I didn't suspect that the enemy would still be affected by the my sword art from earlier, but they didn't seem to have any coordination, as their attacks couldn't exactly hit me.  It gave me enough time to simple dodge away and focus a lesser AOE attack to finish them off.  Afterwards, I found that they were pretty easy to tell apart from the regular cacti.  They didn't have thorns.

[ID: 58479]
[MD: 4-1] Miss
[BD: 10+2] Crit +2
[Sword Art: Vertical Square] 4x1x10 = 40-14 = 26 AOE dmg
[LD: 12+5] 56x5x4= 1120 Col

Hirru - [112 / 112 hp // 7 / 28] (+1 en / -8 en)

Mad Cactus - [0 / 56 hp] (-26 hp) [+1 Mat]
Mad Cactus - [0 / 56 hp] (-26 hp) [+1 Mat]

Total Treasure
5 Material
1120 Col

Edited by Hirru

Heaving a huge sigh, I felt rather sluggish for some reason.  It wasn't long after I had fought against enemy, but I was completely wiped out.  It took two Area of Effect attacks to destroy a single ambush party of cacti, which would mean that I was not getting any stronger while my quarry continued on.  I had to do something about that, but as I was, I wouldn't be able to pull anything off that would be considered powerful.  Strategically, I would probably have to use a stronger weapon, but that wasn't much of an option.  I would need to find my own equipment for now.

[ID: 58539]
[LD: 20+5] +1 Mat

Total Treasure
6 Material
1120 Col

Edited by Hirru

Unfortunately, I would have to walk the desert for some time until I could find some cacti that had hostile mobs.  Most of the time I would find some, but they were the shy type and would run away.  I didn't mind that so much as they always left a bunch of needles behind, but sometimes there would be nothing.  Just barren sand and inanimate plants that continued their life, basking in the radiant sunlight.  If only I could be so easily rooted down.  Did cacti have roots?  I would have to check sometime later, as I needed to find more mobs.

[ID: 58540]
[LD: 18+5] +1 Mat

Total Treasure
7 Material
1120 Col

Edited by Hirru

It probably wouldn't take that long to find a suitable patch of cacti that had proper mobs, right?  Well, I was finding out the hard way that sometimes, things are not always as they seem, or how they should be.  When you suspect that a cactus is a mob, its just a plant.  When you suspect that the plant is just a plant, it attacks you without skipping a beat.  So far, the former has been the most that I have seen out there.  The first batch was much more successful of a find than everything else around here.  Though in reality, I needed a better weapon to deal with them faster.

[ID: 59162]
[LD: 10+5] +1 Mat

Total Treasure
8 Material
1120 Col

Edited by Hirru

It was around this time of speculation and pondering that I happened upon a curious sort; moving cacti that seemed to be digging themselves into the sands.  A peculiar way to blend in, especially when someone can see that they are doing it.  Though, it looked like they were doing it in several places as some dug up areas were next to me.  In one of them were some more needles, which didn't seemed to bad of a catch.  Next, though, the cacti seemed to find my presence disturbing and attacked.  I simply jumped up to perform my AOE attack.  I still can't cause enough damage..

[ID: 59163]
[LD: 20+5] +1 Mat (Gathering)
[MD: 3-1] Miss
[BD: 8+2] Hit

Hirru - [112 / 112 hp // 14 / 28] (-14 en)

Mad Cactus - [14 / 56 hp] (-42 hp)

Total Treasure
9 Material
1120 Col

Edited by Hirru

With a quick motion, I got out of the way of any attack that he enemy would throw at me.  Even though I have thorns, regen, and mitigation to block it all, I would rather not chance the damage caused by the enemy.  They didn't seem to keen on attacking me, though.  I used that opportunity to attack the cacti as quickly as I possibly could.  The three point sword art <<Sharp Nail>> would do the trick, as it struck through the first three enemies while blowing back the fourth.

[ID: 59164]
[MD: 2-1] Miss
[BD: 4+2] Hit
[Sword Art: Sharp Nail] 3x2x8 = 48-14 = 34 AOE dmg
[LD: 17+5] Bonus +4 Mat & 56x10x4= 2240 Col

Hirru - [112 / 112 hp // 3 / 28] (+1 en / -12 en)

Mad Cactus - [0 / 56 hp] (-34 hp) [+1 Mat]

Total Treasure
17 Material
3360 Col

Edited by Hirru

Having destroyed the last remnants of the enemy, I could see that I gained a reasonable boon from them.  Quite a bit of Col and materials were given off from them this time around.  This must be the effect of the salad, as I never had this much boon in a while.  Though, if I had a better weapon, then I could make my hits count, but that wasn't something that I could do now.  Even if I found a sword out here in the scalding desert, the weapon would either be too worn, or would not be able to keep up with my fast nature.  In the end, I would probably have to make a visit to someone to have a weapon created.  I didn't have the luck to create my own lately, or rather.. something that could befit a hunter.

[ID: 59165]
[LD: 8+5] Nope

Total Treasure
17 Material
3360 Col

Edited by Hirru

Thinking back on it, I have been going a long time without properly leveling my way into power.  Everyone in the guild was getting stronger through questing, but I was fighting regular mobs like it was no ones business.  Of course, I was doing it alone, so the experience wasn't being shared, or so the commonwealth say, which meant that I should be leveling faster than them, but they keep finding ways past me.  Even Lawfer, whom was once levels below me had been boosted up to his current level, with ease!  I needed to get into a rhythm, or else I will be left behind... again. 

[ID: 59166]
[LD: 19+5] +1 Mat

Total Treasure
18 Material
3360 Col

Edited by Hirru

I didn't want that, at all.  Since I'm the only one with the Reveal modification for the Search skill, that meant that I should be organizing more hunts, and taking over where Opal left off.  Instead, I'm worrying about my own hide, instead of the good of the guild.  That's not how a member of the Knights of the Blood Oath should think, or feel.  Especially not a Blade, as we were brothers before Blood.  I stopped next to a sand dune as my thoughts continued to race through the things that made me wonder; that made me question myself.

"Am I..."

[ID: 59217]
[LD: 6+5] Nothing

Total Treasure
18 Material
3360 Col

Edited by Hirru

Even in a downcast state, I could feel them writhing under the sand, in a vain attempt to catch me off guard.  Though, it was quite a surprise to see them, as I expect to see scorpions coming after me.  Instead, the green forms of the Mad Cactus crawled out of the ground, or were directly attacking me from the ground.  I didn't give them the pleasure of such an easy target, as I continued my automatic assault with the Lightning Fall sword skill, which was still not enough to kill them in one hit.  I cursed aloud while rolling aside to get some distance from me and them.

[ID: 59219]
[MD: 4-1] Miss
[BD: 8+2] Hit

Total Treasure
18 Material
3360 Col

Edited by Hirru

I couldn't figure that I would have my emotions taking over at that time, but as I awaited the counter attack from the cacti, I grew impatient.  Mad, even.  They didn't even notice that I had left and were still beating the same spot, or were just now getting out of the sand from the underground attackers.  I started out rushing towards them with a Sharp Nail in mind, but something else came up.  I instead felt myself jumping in the air again before slamming down with another Lightning Fall.  I don't know why I did it either, except for the need to finally get this fight done and over with.  I guess my concentration skill was enabled, as it was currently in cooldown.  Maybe, that was the reason?

[ID: 59221]
[MD: 1-1] Miss
[BD: 3+2+1] Hit (Concentration Activated)
[LD: 8+5] Col Bonus = 1120 (56x5x4)

Hirru - [112 / 112 hp // 1 / 28] (+1 en / -14 en)

Mad Cactus - [0 / 56 hp] (-42 hp) [+1 Mat]

Total Treasure
22 Material
4480 Col

Edited by Hirru

Given the circumstances of my well being, I decided to rest at the location of the last fight.  Though, it was not a safe zone, I didn't have the energy to go on.  Of course, I had enough energy recover items to go around, but I would rather leave those for emergency usage only.  That left me with only one choice left to me: wait it out and rest.  The nearby dunes would give me some shelter from the blistering winds, but that was mostly taken care of by the Survival skill.  It was a good thing that I got that skill when I did, or I would have had a hard time with all of the hunts, in the desert.

"I should really move to the next floor.."

[ID: 59222]
[LD: 7+5] Nothing

Total Treasure
22 Material
4480 Col

Edited by Hirru

With a heavy sigh, I lay my back against the burning hot sands while thinking about some things that I needed to do.  The most important one was to become stronger, but that would take time, which I don't have much of anymore.  Another was that I needed to tell the Blades something important, that I've only ever told one other.  They needed to know some things about me, so that I am not a stranger to them, anymore.  I am their brother, but I still don't feel like it.  I needed to let them know it, but I couldn't figure out how.

[ID: 59224]
[LD: 5+5] Nothing

Total Treasure
22 Material
4480 Col

Edited by Hirru

Deciding that I wasn't going to get anywhere with just sitting here, I picked myself up and dusted off the sand that would stick to me.  Righting myself into the direction that I've been walking for this entire time, I thought about going on and finding more, but with the current output of power that I could muster, unless the enemy hit me, I would need to hit them perfectly.  At the moment, I don't think that my mind was in the right place for such attention to detail.  So, with that in mind, I decided to turn around, and start my journey back to town.

Of course, it's never that easy.

[ID: 59231]
[LD: 12+5] +1 Mat

Total Treasure
23 Material
4480 Col

Edited by Hirru

As sure as I was alive, I could have sworn that those cacti were not there a few minutes ago.  Of course, a normal person may leave that to being a mirage of sorts, but once danger of death sets its sights on you, many start thinking otherwise.  Especially as a hunter of beasts and other unmentionables.  I wouldn't be swayed by their tricks anymore, as I wasn't in the mood for such games.  Quickly, I rushed in to face them, which seemed to agitate them to start throwing their spines in my direction.  I jumped over them to perform my current signature move, Lightning Fall.

"Still not enough..."

I said as I jumped away from the slightly damaged enemies.

[ID: 59232]
[MD: 5-1] Miss
[BD: 5+2] Hit

Total Treasure
23 Material
4480 Col

Edited by Hirru

Feeling that these surprise parties of cacti were getting on my nerves, I decided to execute another Lightning Fall to get rid of them faster than performing something else.  Pushing through the sand, I found an area that allowed me to jump up far enough to activate the sword art.  Slamming into the ground with the large AOE attack, the cacti would become shattered light around me.  I sighed, in both exhaustion and relief, as I would probably be able to walk some distance without disruption, from here on.

[ID: 59233]
[MD: 2-1] Miss
[BD: 4+2] Hit
[LD: 13+5] Col Bonus = 1120 (56x5x4)

Hirru - [112 / 112 hp // 1 / 28] (+1 en / -14 en)

Mad Cactus - [0 / 56 hp] (-42 hp) [+1 Mat]

Total Treasure
27 Material
5600 Col

Edited by Hirru

Making my way through the dunes and expanse that the fifth floor had to offer, I start to realize why everyone really hates this floor.  Not because of the heat, which most usually complain about, but that can be remedied by the Survival skill.  No, there was next to nothing here, except for some towns on the outskirts and the abundance of ruins.  Other than that, the desert was too large to traverse in one day, and with the sandstorm that perpetually consumed the labyrinth, making through the entire floor seemed to take forever.  I sometimes wonder how the front lines made it through this floor so long ago.

[ID: 59234]
[LD: 10+5] +1 Mats

Total Treasure
28 Material
5600 Col

Edited by Hirru

If I remember correctly, the fifth floor seemed to be one of only a few floors that were successfully cleared out by a single group.  From the information, they seemed to be the progenitors for the Azure Brigade of now.  If only the actions of that dungeon fight did not take place, though, as I hear it, they were falling apart, anyway.  Word seems to think badly of them, even though they cleared out most of the upper floors with minor help.  That last part, I still think is wrong, but word of mouth is always something that will change from ear to mouth.

[ID: 59235]
[LD: 2+5] Nothing

Total Treasure
28 Material
5600 Col

Edited by Hirru