Artisan Enhancement Idea.

Name: Determination.  
Cost: 3 Slots. 
Cap: 1.
Effect: Reverses a Failed Post Action and allows the Player a redo. Consumes 1 Charge upon use, Holds 3 Charges. [Consumes 1 Skill Points for 1 Recharge. Cannot be used in Crafting.] 
Applicable to: Trinkets, Lucky Charms.

I originally did have this under Evaluations because Support Tickets don't seem to be a great way to submit simple things like this anymore, so if you like this concept Vote it up so Staff see it XD.  Other than that I really don't have anything else to say.

I kind of like the concept, but I can see flaws in implementing it as-is. My main suggestion would be to change how it would be recharged. I don't think anything should cost or reduce a player's SP, but maybe it could use materials or col to add charges?

At first the idea of using the item was hard to understand (like how you would go about activating it clearly), but the more I think about it, it doesn't seem like a difficult thing to use.

Overall, I like the idea, but I know I personally wouldn't use it if it cost SP to charge. Even if I just threw it out and got a new one each time. xD

Edited by Asteria

I do see your concern though it isn't reducing the total amount of SP you have, it's basically investing into an item rather than a skill. And this enhancement is more targeted to high levels who have skill points they can't use while allowing lower levels to do so if they wish. 

as for how to use it, Determination is simply allowing you to have another chance at something you did. Such as Attacking, searching for a material/sub dungeon. You would not be able to reroll loot rewards from MOBs seeing how if you kill them it is a successful roll. This Enhancement would also really help out player's with finding a familiar. 

As for the cost, if staff tell me (if they ever get here) to change the charging mechanic then I will. The reason why I say that is because this isn't suppossed to be an item you use at any chance you have to use it, it's honestly a great enhancement but it has to have a downfall.

Agreed, but it is up to the artisan to price this item. As a thought I had when creating I thought make it a unique enhancement for artisans that can only be applied with a certain roll (similar to how merchants work) but that would ultimately be an idea staff should decide. Personally as an Artisan myself I would price it at a high cost as it is a very useful enhancement, but this doesn't stop others from just throwing it out for free sadly :/

On 5/15/2016 at 6:19 AM, Takneil said:

[Consumes 1 Skill Points for 1 Recharge. Cannot be used in Crafting.] 

That right there is a little loophole you leave without wanting to, that will make tracking down SP much harder... not to mention that one can abuse the enhancement by using the item and 'redo' X times until they get the desired roll, then acting/writing like that roll resulted from the first retry and saving some SPs in the process.

I personally, don't like the idea of 'retrying' something like that. You act (roll, in this case) and assume the consequences (play by the dice). That's the whole point of the random number generator, to emulate the 'unexpected/random' aspects in the roleplay experience in order to have a level of fairness for all. You already have dice modifiers like Evasion, accuracy, +X loot dice that offer you an edge while rolling, I see little reason for an enhancement like that except for metagaming, I think it's the correct term. 

So yeah, you wanted some feedback. Here's my two eurocents:P

The idea is interesting but it seems a little OP. This is to artisans like the healing/overhealth banners only obtainable from difficult quests to alchemists I'd imagine. Alchemists can't make multi-use consumables like the banners, so it seems a bit odd that Artistans would get a debatable more powerful item that has charges.

This is basically time-travel, the item. The chance to start over from Zero if thing go badly for you the first time.

Laying it all out on the floor, I'm biased against this as the whole point of SAO is 'no second chances'. If you die, you die. That's that. The only exception I know about is that one christmas event.

Edited by Shirien

@Shirien, Last I checked Death isn't a post action XD. The only thing the enhancement would be capable of doing is small things, such as rerolling for a material, attacking a mob. (I doubt staff would allow the enhancement to be used in PvP) and last I checked all items with charges could only be used once per thread so this would follow those very rules. The enhancement isn't time travel either, while I do see why you would think that it really doesn't work that way. This only applies to YOUR failed post actions and would only allow a redo of THAT post action. 

Player 1 Attacks~Failure.
Activates Determination (unable to activate again in that thread.).
Player 1 Attacks~ Failure/Success.

It doesn't automatically make something a success, you still have the same chances of failure as before. 

And Alchemists?, Really?. They are one of the most sought for professions in SAO RP right now because they can craft potions and crystals. Ranging from healing immediately in one post, to stunning a player, to boosting damage to an insane amount, and the teleporting? I know there are anti crystal rooms and stuff but we have yet to come across one. It seems to me Alchemists are one of the most OP professions out there. Artisans basically have nothing, most of the things Artisans have can be obtained from other professions. And the things they do have are so not needed or sought out for that they have to basically beg someone to purchase an item from them. 

@Ariel. It wouldn't make SP tracking harder, it just makes it so PSTs actually have to read a thread like they are suppossed to. (I'm not pointing fingers but I've had it happen to me many times and had to double check my own stuff to make sure I wasn't given a free cheat.) And they would have to link rolls Ari, just like before. Plus like I said, the enhancement would follow charge rules. Only allowed one use per thread. And as stated before, it keeps the random and allows the same success to failure chance. 

It's fine if this doesn't become an enhancement but the main point of this was to hopefully allow staff to see that Artisan's need more enhancements of their own, I mean like 75% of what artisans have can be crafted by others ;~;

You serious? Saying artisans needs more enchantments because others proffessions can craft some off yours? What about +LD boost? What about Combat craft? What about accuracy(if you want to have damage or something else on your weapon)? Col multiplyer?

@Zandra the only enhancements and Artisan have that they can solely make are Skill Rank, and Combat Craft. Useful things that are low in demand. I'm not trying to make this a debate but a simple suggestion, so please don't take this as me attacking other professions. That is not what I am doing, I am only wanting my profession to be a bit more desirable.