[PP-NK-F7] (Quest) <Case of Wurms> (Kalesh)

Sand whipped and swept the area outlining the town of Rig. The heavily Greek inspired town seemed ever more mythical to the blonde as he ever entered it before the color of his crystal changed. Pushing the thought aside, he turned to face the desert like environment behind him. According to the info broker, there was a creature that appeared to share the mythology of the town behind him. A two headed serpent that can not only burrow under the sand for hiding, but can also fly for short distances to strike players. The broker coined the creature as 'merciless and will come for oppressors as soon as it can.' The thought of something that strong being available to take down, made the blonde a little excited yet nervous all the same.

"Maybe I should PM someone for help just in case. My strength isn't what it used to be..."

Edited by Oikawa

This was his first time setting foot on this floor in a long time. His eyes scanned about as he remembered past exploits and monsters killed. Feeling confident in his strength he had set out into the field to try and properly explore the floor as thoroughly as he could. Up until now he figured he could easily enough handle any regular monster that appeared before him here. Wearing his usual jacket and clawed hands he wondered what the further edges of this floor had to offer adventurous players. There was one thing he encountered however that he did not expect. His eyes locked onto an orange crystal, a color that for once did not match his eyes.

It was not his first time seeing an orange player, and he had helped them in the past. Heck, he himself temporarily had turned orange in self defense. Thankfully that problem sorted itself out with talk and time. Taking a breath Kalesh becomes intensely curious. Double checking that he has a teleport crystal ready he begins to approach the system-decided criminal. "Heeeeey!" He calls from a distance to get the player's attention instead of surprising them or running up. He walks calmly until he was close. "What brings you to this floor?" He asks without hesitation while ready to leave if the player seemed hostile. "I'm here exploring around, been a while since I came here." He elaborates so that his own question was answered for the other player. Fair was fair.

Hesitation seemed to be the bane of his very own existence as his hand hovered the messenger function of his menu. Decidedly closing the hovering set of options, his ears slightly twitched as a voice called out. Slowly turning around, the blonde's crimson gaze met the emerald one the redhead who approached him offered. The light armored player approached him. A question being immediately issued as soon as they were within speaking distance.

Shifting his stance, Oikawa listened and chuckled before responding. "This floor offers quite a bit of exploration if you look hard enough. That being said, my reasoning for being here revolves around the rumor a twin-headed serpent that lurks the area. You heard about it?" questioned the blonde as he flicked his gaze to the open world before them.

Kalesh raised a brow at the end of Oikawa's words, having until then been listening happily, rather at ease after the other player had managed a laugh. "No, can't say I have... Sounds like it would be fun to fight though..." He brings a hand to his chin and hums in thought a moment before saying "Ah, how about this. It has two heads, we each have one head. I vote we go together to even the odds." He shows his teeth with his smile, going through his menus and sending a party request to the other player. "If you accept, you'll learn my name pretty fast, but you can call me Kalesh." He says while waiting to see if the blonde would accept. He idly wipes some of his long hair out of his face while finding his eyes looking towards the horizon as if eager to see the snake pop up over it.

Oikawa's own brow raised as Kalesh offered that they team up. Reasoning the crimson-haired man was right, and remembering that just moments ago he had planned on messaging his friend Calrex for some assistance, he opted to take the lad up on his offer. Swiping through the air, Oikawa accepted the request. Though his name was now visible to Kalesh, Oikawa thought to introduce himself all the same. "Pleasure to meet you Kalesh. You can call me Oikawa." Taking a moment to check his company over, Oikawa took note of Kalesh's gear. Though it was all tier 1, he figured they were still Perfect quality. Checking the HUD in the corner, it clicked why he would still be brandishing weaker gear. He's still to low in level to don Tier 2 gear. Hmmm shouldn't be a problem however. Snapping back to reality, the blonde pointed to the area Kalesh stared at.

"Rumor says he pops up around that area. Lets go."

With all revealed due to the magic of being in the same party, Kalesh nodded in agreement while facing towards the desert. "Perfect." He says while giving his arms some stretches. "Let's go then, no point keeping it waiting. If we wait around too long someone might steal our kill." He says with a soft chuckle. He made sure to stand beside Oikawa instead of going off without him. He was cautious by nature, and green or orange, Oikawa was new company and someone he would have to grow used to and get to know before true trust began to surface. "Oh! And nice to meet you too, Oikawa. Quite the gap in strength, but I'll try not to weigh you down." He says with a hint of joking tone. He doubted anything on a floor outside the double digits would be too powerful. Challenging maybe, but not unfair. He figured himself as being ready to go so he nodded to Oikawa and said

"You know more about this monster than me, I'll stick close until we find it, then we'll take it down nice and quick I figure!" 

"It respawns so at best we may have to wait a bit before we can kill it hehe. But fair enough. Follow me." More or less leading the way, the blonde began to plunge into the sandy area. His gaze shifted back and forth and he searched for any signs of the snake. Turning his head ever so slightly, he spoke over his shoulder. "Also these days, the level gap means nothing. With the way buffs work in this game, I'm pretty sure even you could one shot me should you land the blow. That being said, I doubt you'll way me down. From what I gathered, the creature will be lucky if it even lasts past my initial attack." Pushing out further, he continued. "Keep your eyes peeled for burrows."

OOC: Burrows can be found on a 15+ LD. Once we find a burrow either of us will roll again, and if that roll is an 11+, we find the snake.

[ID# 60222][LD: 3]

Kalesh couldn't help but chuckle a bit at the idea of being able to oneshot a player of his level, saying happily "Well, glad you have so much confidence in me! Either way I'm not about to test it out, as long as that feeling is mutual." He gives the blond haired player a wink before his eyes returned to the search.  "I don't doubt you'd be able to finish it off though. And even if you couldn't, that's what I am here for." He kept searching the ground for any signs of snakes, having had one as a pet growing up. This one was going to be monster sized too, so the signs wouldn't be as subtle he thought. All the same he was having no luck in locating the serpent.

Edited by Kalesh

"I have no intention of harming you either," chuckled the blonde in response. Nodding to the crimson-haired man's last comments, he continued to search around. Running his hand through the tufts of his hair, Oikawa paused momentarily as he surveyed the area more thoroughly. His eyes glowed a brighter crimson as he used <Reveal> to help enhance his chances of locating the serpent dwellings the snake of mythos could of burrowed. Furrowing his brows, he swiped through his menu and equipped his favorite luck inducing plush leopard. Once equipped, he searched once more. Still turning up nothing, he turned to face Kalesh and spoke. "Let's move further. If the wyrms had been through here, they're long gone now."

ID: 60562 LD: 11 (4+3+2+2)

Edited by Oikawa

The crimson haired player nodded in agreement with Oikawa's suggestion "Not a bad idea. We could always split up to cover more ground too. We can see our HP bars and our locations are on the map." He shrugged his shoulders and simply turned his eyes back towards the ground leading to the horizons as he started a light jog forward.  "Here snakey snakey..." He lightly repeated to himself as barely a whisper while looking around as if it were a chant.

[ID# 60563][LD: 20]

He found one of the burrows, noticing it behind a dried out bush! He wastes no time in running up to it and checking if anything was living inside, squinting his eyes curiously while wishing he had something to make it easier to see in the dark. He would survive however he figured as he reached a clawed hand inside.

[ID# 60564][LD: 13]

"Gotcha!" Kalesh says triumphantly as he grabs onto the snake's body somewhere or other a moment before it pulls from its home and onto the surface, dragging Kalesh along with it as he calls out "I found iiiiiiit!!" To his party member for the moment! His heels were digging into the dirt and leaving a trail as the snake tried to free itself from the captor!

Edited by Kalesh

"Splitting up should be fine", agreed the rapier-toting youth as he began to set off opposite of Kalesh. His own search seemed just as hopeless as before when he suddenly heard screams ring out from the redhead's general direction. Shaking his head, Oikawa turned on his heels and dashed back towards his companion. As he arrived to the scene, Kalesh had managed to procure the two-headed beast from one of it's burrows, however, he seemed to be on the receiving end of a bad idea as the wurm began tugging Kalesh about.

Reaching for his rapier, Oikawa crouched low and readied the motion for <Over Radiation>. Pushing off, he lurched forward, activating his <Charge> skill, and sent his blade crashing into the mass of scales that flapped about whilst entangling his friend.

His attack quickly disintegrated the creature as he sheathed his blade; the aftermath of pixel glistening against his back as he turned to Kalesh. "Nice find! To bad it didn't put up a better fight."

ID: 60569 BD: 10 LD: 23 (17+6) [Over Radiation: 13+3+2= 18x14= 252-45= 207]

Stats:

Spoiler

Stats:
193 HP
47 Energy
3 Accuracy
0 Evasion
13 Base Damage
30 Mitigation

Items
Orochi // +6 Damage
Ring of Mammon// +3 Prosperity
Clasp of the Progenitor// +2 Accuracy & +1 Loot Die

Battle Ready Inventory
N/A
N/A
N/A

Skills
One Handed Straight Sword | Rank 5
Search & Detect | Rank 3
Light Armour | Rank 5
Charge | Rank 3
Battle Healing | Rank 1

Meditation
Concentration
Survival

Skill Mods
Athletics
Reveal
Precision

Oikawa: 193/193 E: 47/47

Kalesh: ???/??? E: ??/??

Amphis Serpens: 0/175 D: 56 M: 45 [+2 Materials and +2275 Col]

Edited by Oikawa

The snake's forward momentum before it shattered sent Kalesh tumbling forward before skidding to a stop face down in the dirt. After extinguishing his embarrassment he starts standing himself up and brushing off his legs and jacket "Yeah, never stood a chance I see!... I was weighing it down though!" He says to try and convince himself that he had helped in some fashion while wiping some dirt carefully from his face. "Well... A kill is a kill." He says while accepting the experience that he was gaining from being in the same party with Oikawa during the fight. "Well... Thank you for carrying me." He said with a slight smile and acknowledging nod. "I think I'm going to look around and see if I can't find any scales or fangs or something in any of the burrows. May as well make the most out of this outing as possible!" He crosses his arms and waits to see Oikawa's thoughts. They were still party members after all, a team in his eyes.

Watching the young man pick himself up from the dirt, Oikawa chuckled before clasping his shoulder. "You did more than enough. I agree on searching the burrows. There are bound to be some type of materials around here. That or a sub-dungeon hehe." Allowing Kalesh to do his own searching about, Oikawa began to filter through the crevices and a few of the burrows that surrounded the area they now occupied. Equipping his leopard plush, his search started with a burrow roughly ten yards away from where they stood. Upon inspection he found a whopping hole of nothing.

ID: 60570 LD: 8 (1+3+2+2)

Edited by Oikawa

Kalesh nodded and said "Hmm, perhaps, but I don't have Reveal so I'll focus on materials." He chuckled and started scritching at his head as he turned to try digging around in the burrow that the snake had been hiding inside, humming in thought as he dug his arm in once again to see if he could find anything. hidden behind where the monster itself had been nesting. Naturally he had no luck, he should have figured that it would have been empty since the monster occupied it but he just had to check anyways to be sure. Standing up he started to search around for anything else that might have proved useful for him. He did have the idea however to swap out his gear, equipping his +2 luck accessory which he pinned onto his jacket.

[ID# 60571][LD: 9]

Edited by Kalesh

After having found zilch in the first burrow, the blonde moved onto the next one. He took a moment before searching it to keep an eye out on Kalesh. He wanted to make sure that neither of them were being tailed and that the lad hadn't just scampered off on him not that he thought the crimson haired man was that type of person to do so. Returning his gaze to the burrow, he noticed that this one seemed slightly larger than the one before it. Peering inside, the place seemed to lead down further than he wished to explore.

Sub-Dungeon ID: 60573 LD: 12 (5+3+2+2) [No Dungeon Found]

Edited by Oikawa

His green eyes scanned the horizon searchingly to see if there were any more obvious holes. While walking forward he felt his foot hit the ground but keep going down! With a yelp and a cloud of dust he fell through the ground and into a hole that seemed to have covered itself up! Kalesh spent the first moments making sure nothing was trying to eat him and he wasn't trapped before he let out a sigh of relief. He dragged himself out of the hole and sighed as he was all dusty again, patting at himself vainly to try and get himself somewhat presentable again despite the pitfalls he had found himself in.

[ID# 60574][LD: 4]

Edited by Kalesh

Deciding he had better just move along, Oikawa perked up at the sound of thump behind him. Spinning around, a look of confusion soon covered his features as Kalesh was nowhere to be found. Scratching the side of his head, the blonde pondered where he could've went and what that noise had been, only to be startled when a tuft of red hair poked out from the ground a few yards up. "Sand pit eh? That's a new one hehe. You alright?" Satisfied that the younger player hadn't been killed or kidnapped on his watch, Oikawa resumed his search. Just as he was turning to search a different area, a small glint caught his eye. Digging into the burrow, he procured a small ore. "Found one," chimed the blonde as he pocketed the material.

ID: 60577 LD: 23 (16+3+2+2) [1 Material Found, 3 Materials and 2275 Col Total.]

Edited by Oikawa

Kalesh chuckled when he found out Oikawa had seen what happened, nodding his head bashfully to the other player "Yeaaaah, no damage done to my body. No worries~" He tried to laugh it off nervously before turning his eyes back to searching when Oikawa did, combing the desert landscape for any signs of materials. He was not having anywhere near the same level of luck as Oikawa, even with his boost from the clover shaped accessory  He thought he had found something, digging his hand into the sand in the hopes it was a chunk of ore! When his hand came up again it was revealed he only had a rock in his hand. With a grunt he crushes the rock in his grip to vent what frustration had gotten into him.

[ID# 60578][LD: 1+2=3]

Edited by Kalesh

Nodding towards Kalesh, he went back to searching. After having success, Oikawa was hopeful that he could locate at least one more before calling it a day. They had been searching for quite some time and the sun was beginning to lower. Wiping his brow, he shuffled through one last burrow; managing to find yet another ore. Turning towards Kalesh's direction, Oikawa sighed and spoke up. "I think we should go ahead and call it quits for the day. It'll be evening soon and for a person of my cursor, that isn't such a good thing hehe. Found a few materials though so that's nice!" Turning to heads toward the boss room of the floor, Oikawa waved over his shoulder. "Stop by my shop if you get the chance, and keep training. We will adventure again soon if you don't mind hanging with a PKer," he joked as he headed for the sanded ridge leading towards the boss room.

ID: 60579 LD: 22 (15+3+2+2) [1 Material Found, 4 Materials and 2275 Col Total.]

Edited by Oikawa

Kalesh nodded to the other player when he heard his voice, glancing up at the sky to confirm the time before letting out a sigh. "Yeah, you're right, we should probably call it quits. People might jump to conclusions if its the middle of the night." He chuckled, imagining someone trying to 'save' Kalesh from the 'big mean orange player'. "Congrats on the materials in any case, best of luck to you! And I'll consider it, for now I should be heading back to town. I will be training, don't you worry." His head was getting a bit tired anyways, he knew he was going to need some rest and refueling. "If you need one more and everybody else you know is busy, send me an invite and we'll see what happens!" He grins and happily heads towards town as he had suggested, glancing at his map to make sure he was going in the right direction. "Seeyaaaaa" He calls while waving before he forgot while walking away.