PP - F7 Serpent Extermination <<Case of Wurms>> (Oikawa, Xion)

"So there's a handful of new quests huh? Might as well not waste time then."

It had been some time since Calrex had visited the mountainous range of the seventh floor, immediately blazing through the main settlement of Nimbus before standing outside of the gates, "A flying serpent huh? Shouldn't be anything too ridiculous, especially if it's found on this floor."

Swiping on his menu the bluenette decided to scan through his friends list. Normally he would have messaged Teayre to come along, but with recent events he had a feeling that the redhead needed some time with her thoughts, "If she wants to come it wouldn't be too late for her to catch up, although it would be faster if she could use the teleportation circles."

Tapping on the second person that came to mind he sent a message out to Oikawa, "Speaking of which, there was that other player I hadn't seen since the time Tristan, Mack, him, and I took down the Cerberus quest...I think his name was Xion?"

Adding the acquaintance to the list he sent out the invitation for join him in the quest, leaning against a nearby wall, "Now to wait."

Rocks skidded across the earth as Oikawa traveled back across the barren plain. Having just rid the area of the two-headed serpent with an unlikely acquaintance, he was ready to head home. As he continued to push for the old boss room, his notification sounded. Stopping, he gave the message he had received a read and sighed playfully. "Not again," chuckled the blonde. Turning around, he set his friend tracker to mark the bluenette who had sent the request and bee-lined for his coordinates.

A few moments passed before he came to the area Calrex was to be located in. Sweeping his gaze across the range of rocks, he spotted the tuft of blue signifying Calrex. Approaching the young man, he greeted him with a wave and a laugh. "Ironically enough, I just finished fighting this pesky lizard with wings. I'll enjoy killing him once more just for you hehe."

Xion sighed as he trekked across the mountainous terrain of floor seven, dislodging rocks as he traversed the uneven ground which annoyed the tank to a good degree. "I know I've been here before..." The tank said, pausing as he nearly slipped due to more loose rocks, cursing under his breath. "But that doesn't make this floor any less annoying..." He said, his voiced laced with annoying as he cautiously made his way to a flat clearing. He then opened his menu, scrolling through it to a. Message, the reason he was on the floor. It was from Calrex, someone that Xion had met once or twice, requesting that he join him on a quest. One which the tank had already completed with Hikoru, but SP was SP. And he wasn't going to pass it up. 

He Continued to follow a marker on his map until he came across a clearing, in which he saw two players. One was a bluenette, Calrex, from what he remembered about the man. And another, a blonde player. "I wonder..." He said before slowly approaching them, taking a second to make sure that he was presentable. He was clad in his dark Twilight armour set (make any vampire jokes and I will kill a man...), his shield and glaive were strapped to his back and from his left shoulder a badly torn gold and Crimson half cloak hung, not horrendous. "Calrex...it's been a while..." He said with a nod to the man before walking closer, turning to the blonde. "And you are...?" He asked, before realising that such a statement tended to rub people the wrong way. "Sorry. I'll introduce myself first before making demands I guess. I'm Xion..."

It seemed only a few moments passed before Calrex saw the first of his two teammates arrive, his fellow player that was self-titled "The Faint," Oikawa. He gave a smirk and casual wave to the blonde as he pushed off of the wall he was leaning on to stand upright, "Well, first to arrive and already beaten it, guess that means I'm fall..."

Before he could complete his sentence the bluenette turned as he saw the second and final member of their team, Xion, arrive. He hadn't seen the young tank player in quite some time, especially with the integration of the Crimson Blades into the Knights of the Blood. Giving a nod he gave a small laugh, "Dang you both finished it. I really am out of the times huh? In any case good to see you both again. I guess introductions are necessary."

Turning to Oikawa he began to introduce Xion, "This here is Xion, one of the up and coming players that was a member of the Crimson Blades. We ended up meeting when Mack recruited me and Tristan along for the Cerberus quest. If it weren't for my high level and the Achilles skill he probably would be more of a tank than I currently am."

With that he faced Xion and continued, "As for the blonde here, this is Oikawa, the Faint. He and I have been friends since both of us first started in this game. He's been a member of two large guilds in the past, first an old and large guild called Square One, and then the now disbanded, but formerly powerful Azure Brigade. He's probably one of the top strikers in Aincrad at the moment, and his skill with a blade really speaks for itself."

Completing the introductions Calrex gave a calming breath before putting his hands into his pockets, "In any case since you guys just completed this shall we be on our way then? Hopefully the field boss has respawned by now."

"Pleasure to meet you Xion and thank you Cal for the kind words as usual hehe," commented the blonde with a chuckle. "Well considering the formalities out of the way, I don't see a reason to prolong the wurms death any longer." Gesturing towards the expanding region of rocks and mountain range, Oikawa inquired, "Shall we?" While the question was open ended, he didn't plan to get an answer, at least not verbally. Pushing forward, the caped player began to lead the bluenette and the aspiring tank along to the area he encountered the wurms at last. "Xion did you fell the Amphis near here as well?" he questioned.

Xion chuckled at Calrex's remarks about Xion's skill as a tank, the bluenette was being a bit generous in the player's mind, but he still appreciated it nevertheless. "I'm not that good Cal, I mean You're leagues above me" he said with a smile before being introduced to Oikawa. Apparently he was a man of great power and skill, interesting. "Nice to meet you Oikawa..." He said befor the man suggested that they get going, the tank nodding in agreement as he followed. Before too long the blonde man asked Xion about whether he had felled an Amphis in the area. "An Amphis? I don't think so. I've still to do all of the new quests but I can solo a couple with my new gear. Saying that, he sure to leave some for us ok. I know you can one shot the thing, most people your level can" 

"Heh, well don't sell yourself short either. Not many people decide to follow a tank build, and in some ways it's just as dangerous as being a striker or any other type out there. I just got lucky. But in any case you're right, better not keep our field boss waiting."

Calrex gave a smile and nod as he turned and headed in the direction of the quest, descending down the mountain path, "So if the info is correct the creature spawns just outside of the town of Rig right? I remember that supposedly there's a monster arena that's been in that settlement for a while. I wonder why I haven't heard any news about training simulations or anything of that sort being posted anywhere."

"Rumor has it, the arena is still offline. I never checked to confirm it though," responded the blonde as they continued to travel towards Rig. "And yeah, last I saw it, we had just barely traveled past Rig when we started seeing the massive burrows. Some held loot, most were empty, but one in particular housed the dual-headed serpent. I assume the same will apply here," explained the blonde as they arrived to the area. Gesturing to the crater like holes that now seemed to litter the area, Oikawa chuckled aloud. "I suggest we find it before it finds us. The damn thing has a tunneling system in a few of these."

Scanning the ground around them, Oikawa kept his lids peeled for one of the burrows.

ID: 60900 LD: 9 (1+8) [No Burrow Found]

(OOC: On a 15+ LD, you find a burrow. The next player afterwards, searches the hole and on an 11+LD we find the serpent.)

Edited by Oikawa

ID: 60931 

LD: 18 (success!)

Xion smiled and nodded as Calrex spoke "I guess, I'm not that bad, but I still have a long way to go" he said before Oikawa spoke of finding burrows which held loot and such, the blond searching for these underground systems. "I guess I'll look too" the tank said before he spent a couple of minutes searching, moving rocks and Sand thoughroughly before finding an opening. "Hey guys, it's over here!"

Edited by Xion

ID: 60950
Loot Dice: 14 (Search and Detect +2 / Item +1) = 17 (Confirmed Field Boss Found!)

"Hm? That was quick."

Calrex followed the line of sight as Xion directed them towards the burrow that the creature supposedly could have hid in. As he got closer he could soon hear the movement of something inside, quickly making its way outwards towards the entrance, "Something's incoming, stand back."

Stepping back a few paces he drew the Grand Blade II as a large two-headed serpent emerged from inside with a loud hiss, both of its forked tongues sticking out at the trio, "Well, I guess we were right on the money. Ready guys?"

It had only been a few minutes before Xion had managed to locate a burrow. Before the blond could inspect the hole, Cal took initiative and checked. Sure enough the trio were told to stand back as the Amphis Serpent made its presence known. Slithering out of hiding the bi-headed creature hissed at the group before resorting to ground based tactics rather than flight. Charging the bluenette who had already drawn his blade, the serpent was unaware of the blonde rapier user who had drawn his own blade and made a bee-line for the snake. Tearing into Amphis, Oikawa retreated and called out to the others. "Well I guess that's that."

Stats:

Spoiler

Stats:
211 HP
50 Energy
3 Accuracy
0 Evasion
13 Base Damage
30 Mitigation

Items
Orochi // +6 Damage
Clasp of the Progenitor// +2 Accuracy & 1 Loot Die
Ring of Mammon// +3 Prosperity

Battle Ready Inventory
N/A
N/A
N/A

Skills
One Handed Straight Sword | Rank 5
Search & Detect | Rank 4
Light Armour | Rank 5
Charge | Rank 3
Battle Healing | Rank 1

Meditation
Concentration
Survival
Martial Arts Rank 2

Skill Mods
Athletics
Reveal
Precision

ID: 60954 BD: LD: 12 (5+7) [Over Radiation= 13 + 3 = 16 x 14= 224-45= 179]

[1] Oikawa: 211/211 E: 36/50 (-14)

[0] Xion: ???/??? E: ??/??

[0] Calrex: ???/??? E: ??/??

Amphis Serpent: 0/175 D: 56 M: 45 (-179 HP)

Edited by Oikawa

Xion was glad that they had managed to find the entrance so quickly, it meant that they could complete the quest and reap the rewards quicker. Soon after he had found the entrance Calrex found the boss itself, the serpent bursting out of the ground to meet the players in battle. A fatal error.  As soon as he was able to Oikawa rushed in and attacked the beast with a powerful sword art, ripping into it multiple times before it's health dropped to zero and it's form shattered. "Oikawa...didn't I say leave some for us?" Xion asked with a chuckle

As soon as the battle started, it had ended as Calrex looked in surprise as Oikawa ripped into the serpent with his rapier, riddling the field boss with holes before it dissipated into shards. The bluenette couldn't help but give a laugh as he resheathed his sword, "Geezes, just goes to show how big a difference between power levels are in terms of floors, heh. Nice work guys."

Putting his hands into his jacket pockets he gave a small sigh of relief, "So with that done and over with, what is there to do now? Should we call it a day, or try to see if we can find one of those fabled dungeons?"

"Honestly restraint isn't my best work when it comes to killing mobs", joked the blonde as he sheathed his blade for the time being. "That said, to answer your question Cal, I think my blade here needs more mobs to tear through. I think a Sub-Dungeon is appropriate, no?" Turning to Xion the blonde gestured for him to decide. "What say you? You up for an actual challenge?" He hoped the lad was in fact up for one because as he could figure, any extra experience would be good experience for the rising player.

Xion nodded in response to the suggestions of the two other players, the quest was over extremely quickly because of the insane damage that Oikawa had, meaning that the young tank didn't get to do much fighting. Because of this a sub dungeon sounded great to him. "Let's see how hard these things are, and please, Oikawa don't one shot everything this time" the player said with a chuckle, before yawning and scratching his head. "So...who's going to look for it? I'm sure as hell not...mainly because I have no point in search and detect or whatever it is that you need"

"Well, I could give it a shot, but going from the craze of sub-dungeons nowadays, I doubt that the former Aincrad Material Gatherer's Search and Detect skill is going to be any more useful than sheer luck."

Calrex gave a smirk as he put his hands into his pockets while looking around, "In any case, if we want to have any chances of finding a good dungeon, we should probably get moving further away from this area. I haven't been on many quests, but I have a feeling that a sub-dungeon will be less likely to spawn if we search around here."

OOC: I will search on post 20 since I have +8 LD.

"No promises Xion," exclaimed the young blonde with a smirk as he turned to head towards the dunes. "Cal you're more or less right. It also turns out some of the burrows are a network for other creepy crawlies to abuse at night. So stay on guard. That said however, the dunes up ahead seem to host the best dungeon chances as I've found two there recently. So if you guys are serious, follow me."

Taking the lead, Oikawa began trudging towards the dunes. With not so much as a breath drawn, his eyes lit up a golden hue as he began to search the area. The quicker they found this dungeon, the quicker they could return back to their regularly scheduled training.

Xion walked behind the two, chucking as Oikawa talked about not being able to guarantee that he wouldn't one shot the mobs. "It's no fun if you just pop the beasties...I've just gotten stronger, and I want a challenge damnit" he said with a smile as he listened to Oikawa talk about the best place to look for the dungeon. "Well I hope we don't get jumped...not that it'll affect us much seeing as we have two tanks and a hilarious DPS of doom. But it would be an inconvenience" 

"Sounds good to me. Alright then, stay wary, and let's keep an eye out for that dungeon entrance. Heh, this sounds like pretty much every outing I've done ever since they were discovered."

Calrex gave a smirk before following behind Oikawa and Xion, continuing to let his eyes wander left and right, actually on guard, but making sure to maintain his calm demeanor. There were some days that he missed having the <<Reveal>> skill, back when he could actually see through the environment to spot threats and prepare beforehand. Unfortunately, he lost it with the release of skill mods, forcing to have to regain a handful of skills. Unfortunately, he still didn't regain his original <<Sprint and Acrobatics>> skill, but in turn he gained a significant amount of defensive abilities.

"I'd still prefer to have all my stats as high as possible. Oh well."

"I feel you there Cal. It seems like its been nonstop with these dungeon crawlers. You'd think the developers would realize how exploitable these are for easier leveling. But while it's still a cow, we might as well milk it hehe." Turning to face the dunes once more he let his golden gaze take a hold of the surrounding area. He shifted his sight from one area to the next, thoroughly seeing through the sands and looking for holes beneath their shallow surface. As he panned around he paused at one spot in particular.

"There," explained the blonde as he pointed to a dune a few yards ahead. "Lets move," shouted the blonde as he moved towards the hole before diving beneath the surface and tumbling to a room below where they stood. As he rolled out onto the floor, he heard a few faint hisses as green serpents of varying sizes began to surround him. "Um guys, get down here."

Drawing his blade, Oikawa prepared to face his second animal fear; snakes. 

Sub-Dungeon ID: 61947 LD: 26 (18+8) [Advanced Dungeon Found]

[0] Oikawa: 211/211 E: 50/50

[0] Xion: ???/??? E: ??/??

[0] Calrex: ???/??? E: ??/??

Dungeon Serpent: 28/28 D: 21 M: 7