[PP-F3] Comfort Zone <<Worn Out Welcome>> - Complete

"Floor Three, Delilah." Aster spoke the words while standing at the first floor's teleport gate. No sooner had the sentence left her than she was engulfed with a bright light. Her virtual body was whisked away, and the sudden feeling of the ground re-establishing itself beneath her feet caused the girl to stumble and catch herself. "Rgh..." She groaned slightly, feeling a brick wall beside her to steady herself. Blinking a few times, the healer was starting to adjust and took a couple of careful steps forward.

The city surrounding her was much different from the first floor she'd grown so very used to. The sun of the afternoon hung in the sky, casting a softer orange glow over the country village. It felt...quaint. If she didn't feel so disoriented, Aster thought for a moment that she may favor the style of this city to the Town of Beginnings.

Edited by Aster

Delilah, the town populated by High elves is still as peaceful and quiet as ever. Most of the resident in here live a rather calm, peaceful and relaxing life. Even the marketplace wasn't that much of a loud place. It's a good city for those who need a quiet place to rest their mind. Unlike the first floor in the Town of Beginning, populated by many players of different level ranges, Delilah doesn't have that wide variety of players who stayed there. Only a handful dozen of player top can be found reside on this floor, while most of the population for this floor was the wood and high elven NPCs.

Aster had just entered the third floor. Entering town, she was greeted by an NPC Master Blacksmith named Griswold, and a lady of silken silvered hair. "Ah, Greetings. Allowed me to introduce myself. I am Griswold, the Master Blacksmith of Delilah, and this is Hanna, my precious love." The elven blacksmith spoke, shook Aster's hand gently. "As a token of hospitality, I would like to offer you a little piece of equipment of your choice, miss. Anything you want, I can create it for you." Griswold offered Aster, his face grew a friendly smile.

'Eh?' Aster blinked in surprise. Before she had fully adjusted to the new scenery, a couple had approached and greeted her with great enthusiasm. She attempted to take a moment to analyze the situation, but wasn't given the opportunity as the sturdy man grabbed her by the hand and introduced himself and his wife. The girl was now visibly uncomfortable, struggling to find the words with which to respond. 'Ah. NPCs.' She was finally able to mentally conclude. She looked them quickly up and down, confirming that they were missing the diamond symbol players carried above their heads. Aster opened her mouth to speak, but hesitated again. 'What do they want?' Her thoughts questioned. Two NPCs had approached her and offered her free equipment. Weren't interactions with the game characters supposed to have you embark on some quest or perform some menial task in exchange for a reward? Still feeling flustered, Aster couldn't delay her interaction much longer. "I, err, I suppose that--it would be appreciated..." She stumbled over her words, feeling as though she didn't have much of a choice but to accept their strangely generous offer.

"It would be our pleasure to make these for you, as long as you can give me a description of what you wanted. However, lately, we've been running shortage on materials. The dark elves resided in the Forest of Wavering Mist has recently causing problem to us, stealing the Materials and attacking Delilah's resident whenever they leave the town. If you would kindly venture out to the forest and retrieve some Material for us, we will gladly get on with the task of making you the piece of Equipment you need, young adventurer." Griswold spoken, addressing his distress, and offered a small quest to Aster. 

Meanwhile, Husky was just finished with his work from the shop. Heading to town, he planned to explore the sixth floor, where he heard that there's a giant flaming creature inside the forest. However, while walking to the teleporter, he caught something familiar in his eyes. While Woofles on his shoulder, panting with excitement, Husky saw the girl with orange hair talking to the Blacksmith NPC. Couldn't be mistaken with anyone, Husky approached Aster, waving his hand. "Hello! Wonderful morning to you, Aster. What brings you here to this floor?" 

Edited by Husky

'There's the catch.' Aster thought simply with an inward sigh. As the NPCs finished their explanation, she felt the prompt for an acceptance or denial looming over her. 'I can always abandon the quest if I have to...' She reasoned with herself before nodding. When she accepted the quest the NPCs both seemed overjoyed, and the girl was beginning to wish the interaction would just end already.

As if answering her prayers, a distraction approached in the form of a familiar brunette and his pet wolf. Looking relieved to see the pair, Aster quickly shifted her attention, greeting Husky with a small smile. "Oh, I just wanted to see about this quest," She answered, glancing back to the pair of NPCs for just a moment.

Edited by Asteria

"Ah, this quest. I personally doesn't like this quest, but it does give you a pretty cool piece of equipment." Husky nodded. He didn't want to tell her the fact that he hasn't complete this quest as well. "Would you like me to accompany you on this quest? I know my ways around the floor pretty well, so maybe I can be of use..." Husky smiled, joined along with Aster on her trip around town

While travelling around town, a question aroused in his mind. "Hey Aster. If you don't mind me asking, what did you plan to do on this floor. I mean, there's not much interesting stuff to do around here. I guess the quiet atmosphere is nice for a change, but beside that, there's not much to do here on this floor." Husky added, with slight interest in his tone. Maybe he could introduce her to his bar, but then, she might be a little too young to drink alcohol.

Aster frowned in thought, considering Husky's offer of assistance. The quest-giver had mentioned something about combat, and since the girl still had yet to put any points into her fighting skill, she wasn't fond of the thought of a solo battle. Especially since the First Aid skill ridiculously couldn't be used on herself. The girl gave a nod in response, "Sure, if you'd like to. I don't think it's very high level though, so it may be boring for you." She hoped the man wasn't going too far out of his way.

Aster cast a sideways glance at the cottage town around them when Husky questioned her intent on the floor. She supposed there was no reason to lie, and she took in a breath before answering. "Actually, someone I met recommended this place. He said there's an NPC cafe where you can see the sun set over a field of flowers." As if she was growing embarrassed to admit her reasoning, the girl began to mumble towards the end of her explanation. She shook her head lightly, adding on, "I heard it was a nice little town; so far, that seems to be the case."

"It's all right! Everything for a friend, right?" Husky smiled, continued following Aster to the outer-skirt of town, toward the entrance toward the Forest of the Wavering Mist. Hearing Aster talking about the cafe, Husky remembered visiting the place a few time to get some new recipe for his own shop. The scenery was nice, and the interior was well done as well. He remembered learning a few things inside the cafe, both cooking and interior placement. "Ah! I remember visiting that place a few times. It was a really nice place. Maybe we could get a drink there some time in the future." Husky laughed, unintentionally asking Aster out for a date.

Finally, they reached the entrance to the Forest. Turning back, facing Aster, Husky reassured if she's ready or not, before entering the forest. "All right, now, before we enter, I just wanted to warn you that the mist will get a little thick at around afternoon, but the day is still young. So as long as we are done with the quest and return to town by around a 14:00 o'clock. We should be good. Unless you're comfortable staying inside the thick mist, then we can stay out longer." 

The thought of relaxing in a cafe sounded nice. The girl spent most of her time split between her cramped alchemy shop and looking for parties to help her level up, she hadn't taken much time to stop and take a breather. Perhaps it was still in her nature; when she set her mind on something she was going to get it done. Unfortunately, the task of clearing the game was not only daunting beyond compare, but something she couldn't do on her own.

As Husky mentioned the fog covering the forest at night, Aster shook her head. She didn't want to have to spend more time than necessary on this silly quest. Glancing down at her feet, Reginald padded along beside her "Let's try to complete it tonight. In the worst case, Reginald should know the way back to town so don't worry about me if we get separated. I'll head right back." The girl could tell Husky was the type to concern himself more about his party members than himself, so she gave him a reassuring tone.

Husky gave Aster a nod of reassurance. He put his trust on her capability to take care of herself, in those moments where she needed to. With that, both entered the Forest of Wavering mist. Husky had live in this area of the floor for a long while now, so he had learned how to navigate through the misty forest. Most people would look straight ahead into the most, and follows the treelines. That wasn't a very smart ideas, since usually, they can get off-track easily if they did so, and it would be a big hassle to get back to town traveling in the mist, especially when it gets thicken in the afternoon. The best way to trace where you are going is looking toward the trail, and remember which way to turn. 

While walking, the two saw a glimmer of light from a small lantern, hung next to a wooden sign. "Hakkasan Tavern" The sign wrote, hung by a small building in the middle of the forest. "Heh... This is where I live for most of the time, since living inside inns is costly in the long term, and I haven't got the money needed to buy a home for my own, I live in my shop for the time being." Husky chuckled, introduced Aster to his small humble home, and the small tavern he work in.

Aster patiently let Husky lead the way, following beside him while her familiar trailed at her heels. The fox sniffed at the ground periodically in a small attempt to locate materials despite the light fog around them. It felt like they've traveled only minutes, though Aster wasn't sure how long they'd actually walked. Spending the time mostly in silence, the girl tried to appreciate the calm beauty the game offered them. Perhaps she would find the forest more unsettling at night, when the fog would grow so thick the the addition of dark night sky offered her even less visibility, but for now she rather enjoyed it.

The building in the distance had caught her attention, and as she squinted to see the details more clearly. At that moment Husky spoke up, declaring the building to be his own. Her head automatically cocked in interest. She wasn't aware that players could own property so far from town. "So, is this a shop...?" She questioned, curiously eyeing the humble tavern as they got closer.

Gathering Attempt

Hide contents
  • ID#: 61874
    • BD: 4
    • CD: 6
    • LD: 8 + (1 Equipment) + (1 Familiar) = 10 - Fail
    • MD: 10

•  Total Loot: --
Edited by Asteria

"More of less. Players do come here for food from times to times. It's not the best place, nor is it very well known, but I don't mind really." Husky shrugged, answering Aster's question. He continued, "You can come by some time in the future if you wish. But the place has an age restriction for Alcohol products." walking by his own shop. Woofles trotting a long with him, when walked by the shop, his tail waffles in excitement, and he let out a few playful bark at Husky. Soon, the group walk past the place, and continue on down the road.

"So... About this quest. If my memory didnt play tricks on me, I believe that you will need to eliminate a few Dark elves before you can completed it, correct?" The Brunette warrior asked, reassured the objective of the quest Aster is partaking.

'Alcohol...' She echoed the word in her mind. Frowning at the thought, she came to the conclusion that she wasn't interested in drinking in the real world, and she had no temptation to give it a try in the virtual world, either. She continued to follow beside Husky as they passed by the building and headed further into the forest. 'It might be nice to try some of the different food, though...' Her mind began to wander at the thought of a meal at a tavern. A smile subconsciously grew over her lips, but she was quickly returned to the present when Husky spoke up again about the quest.

"Oh," Bringing up the quest details with a few swipes of her hand as they continued walking, Aster carefully skimmed the text floating in front of her. "It only says we need to defeat a certain one, but there's no name or anything listed." She frowned at the lack of detail, scrolling around some more before finally closing the window. "I wouldn't be surprised if there were plenty living in the forest, though. I doubt they're friendly, either." She gave a small glance around them now, as if scanning the obscured trees and foliage for any signs of movement.

Hearing Aster description of the quest, Husky was reminded of something. Living in this misty part off the world, Husky know a lot about this place, except for a few part he haven't explored There's a small cavern not far from where his shop located. He has traveled there a few times, and usually, he encountered a trio of bandits while he was there. Maybe there's some relation between them and the quest, since those three seemed out of place. "Hmm... I think I know just the ones you needed. Not far from here, there's a small bandit cave with three dark elves bandit. Maybe we can start from there." Husky asked, pointing toward the direction of the cave.

Aster cocked her head to the side, curious when Husky spoke up about a cave. "Hmm," She mused, recalling the quest details she'd had pulled up in front of her moments ago. "Well, it doesn't give us the exact coordinates of the quest objective, so it's possible the elf we need to fight is in there, too." She proposed with a small shrug. The girl was still intent on following Husky's lead, so she did just that with a quick glance down to the fox beside her. Occasionally, the fox would dash over to the wolf pup and incite him to play, causing a small smile to appear on Aster's face when she watched them.

They had walked for a while--what felt like an hour, though it surely hadn't been that long--before Aster could make out the dark shapes of a cave entrance in the distance. The girl squinted, pointing over to the general area as she glanced to Husky. "Is that it?" She questioned simply.

Searching around for a short while, both found the hidden cave nearby. Thanks to Husky's navigation through the fog, they were able to locate the chasm over a big rocky hill. "This should be it." Husky murmured under his breath, as the two players kept themselves hidden behind a bush. Just as he had thought, the bandits were nearby. There were two dark elves bandit walking in front, each with brandished dagger and a bandanna covering their face and head. Behind them was another dark elf, but unlike the other two, this one doesn't have a weapon, but instead holding a bag of loot over its back. "That must have been them. Well, here goes nothing." Husky gave Aster a nod of reassurance, before standing up, reveal himself from the hiding place and confront the bandits. 

Coming from behind them, Husky was allowed to get the upper hand. Leaping into the air, Husky let the system took control as he activated his Sword Art. Leaped in the air, Husky spun around and kick each of the three dark elves bandits in the face. All three was staggered and fall back, unable to attack, while the thief, weaker than the other two bandit, burst to million of pixelated particles, slowly fading to the air. Standing his fighting post, Husky get ready for the fight.

ID: 62156 

BD: 5+1=6 (7 * Tornado Kick: 1x6 = 42 DMG)
MOB: 4 

Husky: 56/56 HP | 2/14 EN | 7 DMG | 30 MIT | 1 ACC | 14 THR | 1 HM | Hate: 1
Aster: 

VS

Dark Elf Bandit: 4/36 HP | 18 DMG | 10 MIT (42 - 10 = -32 DMG)
Dark Elf Bandit: 4/36 HP | 18 DMG | 10 MIT (42 - 10 = -32 DMG)
Dark Elf Thief: 0/28 HP | 12 DMG | 8 MIT (42 - 8 = 36 DMG)

LD: 3

Looted: 1 Mat

Edited by Husky

Aster followed silently after Husky, letting him take the lead as they got closer to the cavern. Settling to a hiding place nearby, the girl subconsciously motioned towards Reginald for him to stay close and quiet. The fox complied, resting cautiously beside her as Husky sized up their opponents. She matched his nod, preparing herself for the start of the fight as the man rose to attack.

The girl watched patiently with impressed surprise. The more frail-looking elf was eliminated immediately, leaving behind the two bandits that quickly drew their daggers against him once they had finally recovered from his devastating attack. The computer-generated opponents readied themselves to fight back despite their dangerously-low health bars, and with a small smirk of confidence Aster abandoned the hiding spot as well. Taking a deep breath, the girl rushed behind one of the bandits, taking careful steps to keep her footing even. As she slid to a stop the girl landed a solid punch in the square of the bandit's back. With his health bar already in the red, Aster expected the humanoid to shatter into nothingness with her attack. Instead, the healer tensed up as the elf looked over his shoulder with piercing eyes, turning to face her with his dagger held out to his side.

Combat Results

Spoiler

Opponent:

• <<Dark Elf Bandit>> (2)
    • HP: 36
    • DMG: 18
    • MIT: 10

Turn Order:

• [H:1] Husky
  • <<Dark Elf Bandits>>
  • [H:2] Aster -> Post Action: Attack

Combat Roll:

• ID#: 62157
    • BD: 9 - Critical Success
    • CD: 5
    • LD: 2
    • MD: 7

Combat Results:

• Husky:
    • HP: 56/56
    • Energy: 2/14
  • <<Dark Elf Bandits>>:
    • (1) HP: 4/36 -> 3/36
    • (2) HP: 4/36
  • Aster:
    • HP: 44/44
    • Energy: 11/11 -> 10/11
      • Hit! Basic Attack:
        • (1 Base) + (1 Critical) = (2 Damage) - (10 Mitigation) = 1 DMG (Minimum)

Edited by Aster

Seeing the two bandits switch their focus to Aster, Husky knew that he need to act fast before the bandits attack, or else his friend would taken the hit. Ran up forward, Husky activated the basic <<Aggressive Twins>>, aiming for one of the bandit. His gauntlets glowing bright red, as he strike two consecutive punches toward the dark elf. One toward the rib and the other to the face. The attack were just enough to kill the bandit, as it shared the same fate as its friend and burst to nothingness. The last bandit turned around and attack with its dagger. The blade scratched over Husky's armor, as the chestplate glowed and returned the damage to the sender, ending it as well. 

ID: 62176

BD: 8+1=9 (7 * Aggressive Twins: 2x1 = 14 DMG)
MOB: 7

Husky: 55/56 HP | 1/14 EN | 7 DMG | 30 MIT | 1 ACC | 14 THR | 1 HM | Hate: 2
Aster: 44/44 HP | 11/11 EN | 2 DMG | 27MIT | Hate: 1

VS

Dark Elf Bandit: 0/36 HP | 18 DMG | 10 MIT (14 - 10 = -4 DMG)
Dark Elf Bandit: 0/36 HP | 18 DMG | 10 MIT (-14 THR DMG)
Dark Elf Thief: 0/28 HP | 12 DMG | 8 MIT - DEAD

LD: 4

Loot: 2 Mats

Total Loots: 3 Mats

Edited by Husky

As the two remaining bandits disappeared into light before her eyes, Aster gave Husky a thankful nod at his intervening. She probably wouldn't have been in too much trouble with her armor protecting her, but his quick follow-up with another consecutive sword art finished the combat in less than half the time she'd expected. Just as the air grew calm around them, Aster perked up a bit at the sound of a notification. Curiously, she opened her menus and panned to the quest details. "Oh!" She breathed in surprise, looking up to Husky with a satisfied smile. "That was it; those must have been the dark elves we needed to defeat." She explained the completion of the quest, quickly dismissing her menus.

She was about to ask the man if they should head back to town already, but interrupting her thoughts, Reginald nosed at her ankle. The fox sat with a bundle of herbs at his feet that he must have brought over to her. With a small smile, the girl retrieved them and placed them safely in her inventory.

Gathering Attempt:

Spoiler
  • ID#: 62546
    • BD: 1
    • CD: 4
    • LD: 18 + (1 Familiar) = 19 - Success
    • MD: 3
  • +1 Crafting Material

• Total Loot:
    • Husky: 3 Crafting Materials
    • Aster: 1 Crafting Material

Edited by Aster

Hearing Aster informed that the quest has been complete, and now she only needed to return to town and receive the reward, Husky let out a sigh, relaxed his body as he looked up to the sky. "The fog should started to get thicken soon. Maybe we should get back to town before it got too thick." Husky suggested, as the two packed up and headed back to the direction of Delilah. The trip was short, and they only have to backtrack the dirt trail back to town.

On their way back, the forest stay quiet in an almost eerie way. The wind breezes was light, and the fog were moving in. Just as they reached the entrance of town, the fog in the Forest of Wavering Mist has already thickened, and it's impossible to see the small dim light from the lantern outside Husky's tavern anymore. "Well, I guess this is where we depart. I sure hope that we'll meet again soon. Take care, alright?" Husky waved goodbye, sending Aster back to town as he returned to his tavern along with his little wolf pet; both walking back into the fog, and slowly disappeared into the daylight, shining dimly through the mist of the wood