[OP-NK-F1] Origins I: A New Beginning

Akeidan loved to watch the sunrises and fall, but with every passing day it became less and less of a emotional relief for him. Everyday he would sit upon a hill top, and stare out at the vacant sky imagining the world embracing in some sort on of Neo- romantically way. He came to that hill for clarity. He had always been the strongest but in this world, he was weak. 

He smiled and chuckled, he patted his sword. He might be weak, but his draws was the faster than a blink of an eye or a strike of lightning. This earned him the nickname, Raidos. His face puzzled up and he released a perplexing sigh. "I've have always fast huh, Bolt?" He said earnestly to his blade. " Might because I've always been running." He paused and his eyes widened and slow contracted. " But I have forgotten what from or what to."

He stood up and watched the last beat of the sun be wiped from exists. He stood in position. When the last ray was a second from disappearing. He sliced it with his sword and placed it back in his sheath. 

He stood and looked down the cliff and made decision, that he would be on the front lines. He was tired of waiting, the time for that gone. It would take all of his strength to get there but he would get there. 

Edited by Akeidan Juryoku

It had been several days since the event... the murder Hydra had committed or at least he had helped someone to commit.  "Why..." He mumbled glancing at the dark sky looming on the horizon. On that fateful day a darkness had emerged inside of him, he did not know when or if it would return, in any case he could only relate to the feeling of absolute despair when it had happened. The spearman felt his hands trembling, he could not face anyone, not even his closest friends. Falling to his knee's he collapsed, tears rolling down his cheek.

Other than his mental state he was clearly struggling physically. Living out here as an orange player had meant surviving off little food and water. His body was left weak, ragged and broken. "Perhaps I should end it here..." He mumbled under his breath staring up at the vast sky above him. Slowly and hesitantly he pulled out his spear and lay it out in front of him. Suddenly something caught his eye, not far from his current position he caught sight of a figure. He could not make it out in detail yet the brunette staggered to his feet, he was in conflict as to whether he should flee or approach. Shaking his head he walked forward, hoping for something... for anything...

He looked over his shoulder and witness a man with unimaginable strength. The man's shifted left to right and he seemed to be malnutrition. Instinctively, he placed his hand on his blade and sized his would be opponent up. But he slowly relaxed his hand and a gust of wind pushed up his light armor. 

He walked over to the fellow and placed his hand on his forehand. "Wow, you have got quite the fever, huh?" He said in a nonchalant tone. He shrugged and placed his forehead against the strangers. "I known that heat... Break up or extra existential crisis?" He said. He couldn't help but smile, he had found someone to take care of. 

Khrysaor was walking around the in the town of Floor 1, when he decided he wanted to visit one of the nearby parks. He wanted to have an enjoyable and peaceful walk, but for some reason he felt the darkening of the sky giving off an ominous feeling. Khrysaor was not the superstitious type, but today was different. As he walked towards one of the hills in the park, he noticed two other players there as well. One looked to be quite ill, while the other was checking up on him by placing his hand against the forehead. He came up to them and heard the player who was checking up on the sickly looking player ask him a question, 'Oh wait that face seems familiar, isn't it....Hydra...' thought Khrysaor. Khrysaor announced himself and said, "Hey, buddy how are you doing? You really don't look well. You look like you haven't had a good meal in days. Want to go and get something to eat, my treat." Then he looked towards the other player who seemed like a good person by trying to help Hyrdra out so he put his hand out indicating he wanted to shake hands and said, "Hey, my names Khrysaor, you can call me Khry for short. You can join in as well, that is, if you want to."

In his normal fashion, the wanderer's seen wandering... this time, in the 1st floor. The 1st floor is basically his second home, since he spends a lot of time farming fields for mats.

As he farmed the hills, he quickly spots a group of players in the field. They seem to be gathering on top of some hill. The wanderer doesn't know for what exactly, but he had every intention to find out. As he got closer, he quickly spots two names of the three. He's seen these names before in the Lyrica boss fights, and around Aincrad in general. As he got even closer, he quickly spots red status above one of them. He had no choice now. The wanderer briskly made his way to the group.

"A red player out in the fields with a group no less," The wanderer spoke in a cold tone. His hands on Bakuzan ready to react if need be. "What happened Hydra? Last I saw you, you were green. And you, Khrysaor, I've partied with you before... Don't tell me you're all in Laughing Coffin." The wanderer knew he can't take this group on completely, but he's needs to get some info out of them. Besides, his Teleport Crystal was ready in case of anything.

The next few moments were blurry. As the player drew closer Hydra could feel his heartbeat rapidly increasing his tongue and mouth dry. A cold sweat cling to him. He was clearly in a state of shock. The stranger laid his hand against his head... "He doesn't know what I am... I shouldn't be here. If lose it again..." He opened his mouth to speak but fear got the better of him as his windpipe tightened. At that point a second player had joined, "Khrysaor" Hydra thought to himself as he recognized his ally immediately, yet he too seemed to not notice the orange cursor, the sound of food was nice but deep down Hydra knew he could not return to the town of beginning's. Finally the sound of the wanderer's voice came from behind Hydra, turning his head quickly he saw Rain move towards his weapon. Hydra stumbled backwards, Rain had realized almost immediately what the threat was. Finally managing to break free of the paralysis he was in, the brunette said with an alarmed voice "These two aren't with me, and no one is with the laughing coffin." He raised his arms calmly and paced back a few steps from the small group.

Khrysaor was trying to help his friend out, when suddenly he heard a cold voice behind him. Khrysaor knew that voice and he though, 'It's Rain, but I have never heard him speak in such a angry and cold tone before. He was always happy and friendly to be around, but not right now.' He turned around to face the wanderer and listened to what he had to say. Khrysaor was going through a few different emotion. He went from surprised, to shock, to anger within a few seconds. Khrysaor was outraged at getting accused of being a player killer and being a part of the Laughing Coffins Guild. 'Who does he think he is of accusing me of being a killer, and I thought we understood each other to a small degree, since we became pretty good friends.' was thinking Khrysaor.

He was about to speak his mind to the wanderer before he got distracted by movement made by Hydra. Khrysaor turned to face him, and saw Hydra had a terrified expression on his face, and spouting out in an alarmed voice. Khrysaor started to understand the situation and he looked towards Hydra's icon, and there it was the orange cursor confirming his suspicion that Hydra had truly became a player killer. Khrysaor did not say anything for a few minutes, causing a eerie silence to be hung over the small group for a few minutes. He had his eyes and most of his face covered with the shadow his hair cast, so no one could tell what expression he wore, or what he was thinking about. Khrysaor thought, 'What will be the best way to diffuse this volatile situation? I thought I knew Hydra, he seems like a pretty decent person, who would not like to kill anyone, maybe he has a decent enough reason, like killing in self defense or protecting someone and accidentally killing the attacker. It's best not to jump to any wild conclusion without hearing out Hydra's story at least. Also, he seemed distressed and worried for the whole time that I have been here, so he must have some guilt within him, who truly regretted what he did. It turns out the ominous and eerie feeling I had in my gut was true when I was walking up to the hill with the darkening of the sky earlier today. But first I have a bone to pick with Rain.'

Khrysaor turned to face the wanderer, and glared at Rain, while speaking in an equally cold and dangerous tone, "Who the hell do you think you are to accuse me of being a player killer, and being apart of that disgusting killer guild. Do you see any orange colored cursor over my head or are you blind. You just go on the assumption that since I am talking to a player killer out in the open fields, that in turn means I am a killer as well, right?" Khrysaor started to take out his sword as well and was carrying his sword in a threatening manner telling the others that if he saw any movement of a fight breaking out he would step in, all the while he continued to say, "Before you jump to any more silly conclusions, let's ask Hydra his reason for having to kill someone. I don't easily befriend and stay loyal to others, and I consider Hydra as one of my friends, so I can hope he did not kill just for the heck of it. Though my feelings on the matter can change, depending on Hydra's answer. If he did do it for some horrible reason, then it means I can not judge the person's character and personality." Khrysaor stopped his rant there and there was another cold silence for another minute. In the meantime Khrysaor thought if his judge on Hydra's character was that bad then he may start isolating himself some more, not wanting to be around others, with a increase in some paranoia. He knew the answer may decide the path Khrysaor might have to walk throughout the rest of the game. Khrysaor broke the silence and asked Hydra in a more neutral tone, "So, can you please tell us your story of why you did what you did?"

Silently he moved in front of the warworn fellow, and gripped his blade. He sighed impatiently," I am with him and if he doesn't want to disclose the hard Facts of Life then he shouldn't have to any person playing this game is playing for keeps. There is no reason no order and judging anyone even play The Killers because it's only an amount to the tokens that they have been dealt. Other I am not as powerful as you 3 I am still capable of logical thought and I dismiss any accusations such as these. So I did not you sir whatever your name may be for I am unsure how someone like you is ready took all player killer when you to raise your suspicious terms."

His breath shortened he got in the more ready position. It wasn't sure how this would turn out the outcome was unknown to him. He looks for Council in the eyes of the questioning friend. But found none. He slide the man's arm around him, and lifted him to his feet. "So you are name is Hydra huh? Mine is Akeidan." He said calmly. 

"Then why are you red, Hydra?" Anger filled the wanderer. What could cause someone as Hydra to become a red player? He has to know. Not just for knowledge but also for the fact that he's a KoTB recruit and he needs to stick to the ideals.

As he glared at Hydra, the wander glances back at Khrysaor for a moment. "You don't have to be red to part of Laughing Coffin." Glaring back at Hydra, watching his every movements. "And I also never mistook you for being a PKer. I asked why you guys are grouped out here." His tone was cold and callous. He knew this situation was heading down a terrible path.

The wanderer takes a deep breathe and calmly began to talk to the group, his hands still on the handle of Bakuzan and himself keeping his distance. The wanderer sneers,"With him, yet you don't know his name. Best keep your distance, boy. It might turn out badly for you." As he looks upon the group, he realizes that Khrysaor finally noticed Hydra's red status. "I take it you didn't realize it until now, Khrysaor?"

"Boy?" He said through his teeth, and it that moment decided that he didn't like this man. He was a bully, and went accusing and berating people. But somehow he still had a shining view of himself. Akeidan grimaced he was willing to do what it took to get out of this game, even if it means bathing in the blood of other players. But everyone should understand that the blame for this was not on righteous Peers but on the maker of the game. "Rain... is it? I don't like your attitude... give the man some space." He said, totally forgeting that he defense in this world. 

He place his hand on his starter blade, and slide it up with his thumb. "Perhaps, you are the child. You are unable to see all sides of the story. Nor does anyone here owe anyone and explanation." He said in sigh. 

Wandering aimlessly through the fields looking for any new faces or players in need of help, the armored giant known as Nikodemus noticed a gathering of people. From his distance he could see he knew most of them, but one was new. Never one to not offer help, Nikodemus decided to head down and see. Approaching, he realized he was right. He knew 3 of the 4. The first was Rain, an Alchemist Nikodemus has worked with and bought potions from until he became an orange player. The second was Khrysaor, a man he had partied with in the past as well. The last was Hydra. He and Hydra both earned the Orange Cursors at the same time, as Nikodemus killed an NPC who had betrayed his brother to thieves. Many knew the tale already, as it became quick news once someone turned Orange. He had defended his reasoning, and let the issue lay with that. Approaching, he heard Rain ask why Hydra was now an Orange Player. Clearing his throat, Nikodemus interjected. "That is my fault... I am the reason Hydra earned that Orange cursor... As I have earned mine. Seems the whole tale hasn't spread to far yet..."

OOC: I am so confused... red means a player killer and orange means they've caused harm to someone... ._. which is really true now? O.o I've been calling Hydra a red player cause of that reasoning...

The situation was getting more and more volatile. The wanderer wasn't in the right mind to be judging people. He is never one to judge. He studied the group that stood before him, particularly, the unfamiliar face that seemed to have injected himself between the group and the wanderer. The stranger spoke in a self righteous kind of tone that somewhat irked the wanderer, but he was right. Who was he to judge his once friend and companion. As the wanderer stood there with his cold eyes looking about, a familiar voice echos from behind him.

"Niko... what do you mean it's your fault Hydra's a red player?" As he spoke the wanderer changed his gaze to Niko. Taken aback at first, the wanderer was surprised to see that Niko has become a red player, too. Furious, the yelled at Niko. "Why are you red also Niko?" His hands held Bakuzan, ready for anything. He wasn't sure what happened, but he's gonna find out one way or another. "Talk!" 

(OOC: Time for Hydra's alternate personality to come out :3)

One by one the players started to put themselves between Hydra and Rain. The situation was clearly getting out of hand, the brunette still appreciated what was occurring though. Khrysaor and this new player were both defending him, despite not knowing the story. Hydra took a deep breath of air, upon being asked by both Rain and Khry about why he was ready to explain he opened his mouth to speak. Suddenly Nikodemus approached from nearby, claiming it was his fault.

Hydra had not seen him since what had happened, he hadn't remembered much. In any case his presence had seemed to trigger the overwhelming feeling of despair. "No... please" The brunette shut his eyes tight and began whispering to himself cupping his hands against his mouth, something had driven him to the point of insanity. There was nothing he could do to stop it. Moments felt like minutes and minutes felt like hours but eventually the player re-opened his eyes at the group before him.

"..." Hydra glanced around himself at the small group and carefully equipped his spear. He made no threatening actions or movements, the only thing hostile was his cold empty less eyes that scanned each player. Raising his spear against the palm of his hand he cut open his skin and watched as a trail of red crystals flowed from the opening in his hand before resealing. "I have returned." He mumbled to himself with a dark sad tone of voice. The wind howled and the sky grew dark, the sun had finally seem to set. There was no light now, no hope now.

OOC: Some start for a new beginning ain't it? xD intense maybe fights. Oooh iz gonna be doozy. Also sorry, it looks like this intenseness took over the thread. :v

The wanderer slowly drew Bakuzan. Although there was still some light out, it's jet black steel swallowed all the light around it. "Best get back, boy," he said to the unfamiliar face. Although he was new to the wanderer, he can easily tell that he's still new to the game. All he had on was his starting equipment. "This isn't gonna be pretty." The wanderer knew he can't completely stop Hydra since he had levels on him, but with Niko around, he just might be able to stall him - that is if Niko helps out.

As he kept his eyes steady on Hydra, the wanderer still tried to get information. "What really happened Niko? You've got a lot of explaining to do..." His voice calmed down a lot. It wasn't that of the cold and callous tone he just had moments ago, but of a more calm and collected tone.

With a sense of an impending clash, Nikodemus raised his hand and placed it on Hydra's shoulder. "It's going to be ok Hydra." Turning to Rain, he sighed and looked the wanderer in the eye. "I was on a quest on Floor 5, looking for a mans brother. I found him and was ambushed by thieves. Hydra rescued me. After, he helped me stop the NPC from running and I learned that he had betrayed his brother, selling him out to the thieves. I got angry and slew the NPC... Becuase Hydra had helped me stop him, we both became Orange..." With that, Nikodemus looked back to Hydra. "Are you ok Hydra?"

Khrysaor was about to place his own argument against Rain, but was not possible because he could see the situation getting out of hand too quickly. Hydra seemed fine for most of the conversation, but the instant that Nikodemus entered the picture, his whole demeanor changed. Now Hydra had the look of a killer and a totally different personality. Khrysaor just hoped that that his old friend was in there somewhere. He at least got the proof that Hydra and now even Niko didn't turn bad, but the circumstances forced them into the situation. He got his sword into a more battle ready position, and thought, 'Man, the situation just keeps on getting worse and worse. How to stop Hydra from attacking, and help him regain his previous self? I wonder if he recognizes anyone in that state? Can he tell friend from foe?' Khrysaor called out to the unknown, and new looking player, "Go, get far away from the group. This is about to turn pretty ugly. We will have to take it from here."

Who is becoming harder and harder to control the situation. He thought he had found a reason to continue on his travel of life and this Dark World. It came to the conclusion that this gift would come with certain prices that he would have to be willing to pay. There was something about a lost soul but just got him riled up. You would clearly not cut out to do battle with these guys veterans in their own account. But these guys are no match for him either that is if they're playing on the same level field. His speed was so fast but only one person has ever seen the color of his Steel. That being said it was because he was cleaning it that day.

But he wanted to be more then what he had always been an afterthought or someone to dismiss. After he created his own form using it that quick drawing form using the katana he had come to a fair conclusion. He had learned how to deal strength and speed with equal amounts of Defense. How useful it was or more likely will it be is still determined by his success in this world. He turned and looked at his gift and grunted Softly. He tapped the end of his Scabbard with his pinky and slowly moved his hand up the wooden frame as if it was the skin of a lovely woman. I often wondered what would be like to fight an upperclassman with no experience except from this world with kids no experience of this world but of the first one.

But since it came to him when an ally told to exit the impending Danger. He was not in the position to make deals with anyone. So he slit his katana ever so slightly back into its chamber. But a light shined deep within him to silence the shadow of the Inquisitor and crush the madness of the accused. He's still in his stance he watched as his opponents Drew. He saw the colors of their Steel and he made a promise to himself that they wouldn't see his. He would move so fast they would swear that he was working with beings of light. Unfortunately it was night time so this plan would not work and he scoffed is at his idiocracy. 

" if there's going to be a fight I want to be in it even if it's my last. You see I don't take kindly to people you are ready to pass judgment on another without considering their life in the same instance. Personally I would never kill anyone on purpose unless I truly needed to. But I guess everyone has their Hobbies don't they and then when no one can tell for sure people are dying in the real world or not. It could be just rhetoric but that old man was speaking I could be the truth. Who can really say. But I know that I stand right now and I stand in front of a man who did what he thought needed to be done. And I stand in front of a man two things that what he's about to do needs to be done. And that is the true essence of anything that anyone has ever done. So without any other rejections of my being here I will stand and do what I think needs to be done." He looked up the young man.

Edited by Akeidan Juryoku

The wanderer's scowl broke into a slight grin. "Your bravery is commendable. Perhaps I was mistaken in calling you a child, but you still don't have the levels here. Best get back, I can only keep him down for so long." The wanderer tried to bluff himself out of this situation. He knew very well he "so long" isn't long at all. His built more for attacking, not defending, and as is Hydra, but Hydra has more levels than him. "Think! What can I do? Block the attack if Hydra goes after the unfamiliar face? No, he's too far for me. But I can intercept. Perhaps it's better to leave the defending to Khrysaor, since he's nearby. Damnit Hydra! What happened!" Thinking quickly, he remembered he whipped up a potion long ago that can keep people down and sedated. "Niko... Khrysaor... let's try to keep him down. I've got a something that could - hopefully - sedate him."

The atmosphere grew dark and cold as the players stood one by one against Hydra, he slowly lifted his spear and passed it over into his left hand, his dominant hand. Akeidan took a noble stance against him talking to him about life and its meaning, the spearman responded in an eerie tone. "What is life without death?..." There was a brief silence as the wind howled around the group, the brunette was no fool to understand the odds of the situation. He hadn't expected Nikodemus to stand against him yet at the same time his heart was so empty he did not care.

Letting out a sigh the brunette turned around and began to walk, if the player's chose to follow him then so be it. He wasn't running but instead going up to the mountain's peak. There the battle would unfold. Despite his dark thought even at a time of conflict he would he prefer to fight in a spot of serenity if he were to fall. Hydra passed Nikodemus to enthralled by his own thoughts to pay any sort of attention to his old allies. Even his familiar had seemingly turned into a twisted being in accordance with his emotions. Soon the night sky would be painted red with blood but whose was anyone's guess...  

Seeing Hydra shake him off and move along, Nikodemus sighed and followed. He did not want this to turn bloody, so he would do his best to stop it, but if it failed, he would protect those who needed it. Fearing for Hydra's sanity, Nikodemus kept a close distance to the man. Thinking as best he could, he tried to figure out how to diffuse the situation. "Hydra, what happened. What is wrong? Talk to me, we can fix this!" His words held a note of sorrow, knowing it was his fault. He looked at the spearman as he mounted a large hill that had open space. Space enough for a grand fight. Grumbling, Nikodemus followed suit.