[PP-F5] The Traveler - Quest [6/6 Slots Filled]

OOC: 48 Hour posting limit or you get skipped.

Yamato stood before the quest board near the center of Armadillo, surrounded by buildings that had been constructed from sand and stone and possibly even sandstone. The blonde man's ice blue eyes squinted at the board as he considered the quests that were available and weighed the benefits and drawbacks to attempting each of them. On of them, simply called the Traveler, didn't look as if it would be all that hard to complete. It didn't seem to call for any combat. But, it would require leaving the confines of the safe zone in Armadillo, so there was no guarantee that there would be no combat.

Truth be told, the Irishman wasn't quite certain that he could handle a base level mob on the fifth floor, at least not quite yet. Still, as long as he was careful there didn't seem to be too much danger that would be involved. It would just require keeping his eyes open for any potential mobs. That, and a group of players to keep watch at night since the quest indicated it would be time consuming to complete. Tapping the 'Accept' button for the quest, the blonde fighter turned and began heading back in the direction of the main portal plaza to see who all he could round up.

Edited by Yamato

Khrysaor suddenly stumbled out of the teleportation gates and into the sand pits of Armadillo. He always hated the sand, but he heard that there was a good quest to complete on the floor. 'Darn it I hate the sand, but there is nothing I can do about it. The only thing is to go ahead and try to finish the quest as fast as possible, meaning there will be less time to spend in the hot and sandy desert.' thought Khrysaor. He headed straight for the center of the village and looked at all the different quest listings until he saw the one, that he would be doing. Khrysaor reread the quest info and then nodded with a sigh, and thought about how troublesome it was going to be with staying in the desert for so long. He tapped the accept button on the quest window, and turned around heading for the gates that led out of the village. When he reached the gate, Khrysaor decided to wait for a bit and see if anyone else was going to join him on the quest. It would be more enjoyable to look for the cargo with others.

A day and a night in the desert. This quest was definitely asking for a lot, seeing as Helios could barely last ten minutes in the desert. The young man read the quest over once more. Looking for materials had never been the player's strong point, so he didn't see how searching for cargo would be any different. However, it was an alright amount of experience, as well as the <<Survival>> skill. The NPC also explained how the desert would be harsh to survive in. "Well, isn't that great. At least I'm not being forced to fight anything in this wasteland of a floor." he muttered to himself before sighing. Quickly, Helios raised his hand and clicked the accept button.

The noirette pulled up his friends list, just in case he could find any other players that might be interested in accompanying Helios on his quest. Perhaps Oikawa or Calrex, but they were quite high levels. He wasn't sure if they'd want to join him. Instead, the young man closed the list and leaned up against a building near the quest. He watched it carefully, waiting to see if any other players around his level planned on taking it as well.

In his normal fashion, the wanderer finds himself today wandering the town of Armadillo. He's heading to talk to the NPC to start The Traveler quest.

"Sand... No matter how many times I come here, I still can't get used to all this sand."

As the wanderer finally reaches the NPC, he quickly skips all the dialogue in the quest and accepts the quest. He came here for one thing only, the objectives. "Okay, perhaps I should grab a group to join me." Looking around, there seems to be some people around his level that's might be up for joining him.

Edited by Rain

The trek from Fortaleza to Armadillo wasn't something to look forward to, but for Teion the journey had almost become routine. She had gotten used to travel between the desert cities, spending nearly all of her time on the fifth floor. Tugging lightly at the thin scarf draped loosely on her shoulders, the blacksmith had finally reached her destination--the bounty and quest boards of the fifth floor's main city. The area was busier than she expected--a few players here and there seemed to be hovering nearby, possibly waiting for other adventurers or looking for a party. Without paying them much mind, Teion approached the bulletin board and scanned over the details, spotting a couple of new requests alongside old quests and bounties she hadn't yet bothered with.

<<The Traveler>> was a name that stuck out to her--one that she saw every so often but never got around to partaking in. The woman frowned slightly as she read over the quest details yet again. It didn't sound particularly exciting, but she hoped the skill it awarded was worth the trouble. With a shrug of her shoulders, the violet-haired player tapped a few buttons and reached a hand forward to press 'Accept' on the prompt that appeared.

Standing on floor 5, Nikodemus once more grumbled and kicked the sand about and moved around. He had heard of a group of people who were going out to do the <<Traveler>> quest. Offering help, he came to the floor. Exploring, he looked for any familiar faces. Seeing two, his local Alchemist Rain, and another gent he had partied with, Khrysaor, Nikodemus approached them cautiously, Waiving in salute, he smiled and spoke, "How are you two doing today. Are you here to help with the <<Traveler>> Quest? I am. Heard a group was running it. I have done it and have the skill, so I figured I could follow and give out some heath potions if anyone get hurt by the elemental effect too much." Opening a small pouch, he showed the bottles of health potions he had.

OOC: Obviously, Yamato doesn't really know any of you guys IC yet... though you all know me OOC. So, there seems but one logical way to go about gathering the group.

Yamato watched through narrowed ice blues eyes as several players began milling about Armadillo. Any number of them might prove to be highly useful allies in tackling the Traveler Quest. The problem was that it would take absolutely forever to go around to everyone one at a time to talk to them about taking the quest. There was a much simpler, and more efficient, way of going about rounding up anyone from the players milling about that might be interested in tackling the quest with him. Stepping out from his place in the shadow cast by one of the buildings, the blonde man moved into the center of the small plaza and took a deep breath. "Attention everyone," he belted out in a thick Irish brogue. "I intend to tackle the Traveler quest, an' anyone that wishes to come along is welcome ta do so... there's always strength in numbers!"

Khrysaor had been waiting around the gates for some time before he started to see players milling around the barren village. He noticed Rain arrive on the scene first and then Nikodemus. Nikodemus seemed to be quite cautious while approaching the small group, most likely because of his color change status. But Khrysaor was going to have none of that, and welcomed him with a bright greeting, "Hey Niko. I am fine, how about you? Haven't seen you for some time. Yea, we would greatly appreciate your help in comp..." Khrysaor was cut short as a player Khrysaor did not recognize called everyone in the vicinity for attention.

As Khrysaor listened to the player, he thought, 'Hmm... he sounds like he is a Irish player and he is doing the traveler quest as well. I think it would be nice to have some more company on this trip.' So, with that thought Khrysaor said to Nikodemus, "I think we should join him, it will make the desert more welcoming if we have others in the group. This will be the best time to get to know and learn about others who are playing this game." With that said, he went to the player in the center of the plaza.

As he approached he waved his hand and said, "Howdy, I am in full agreement that there is strength in numbers and would be glad to join up with ya. My name is Khrysaor, but people call me Khry." Bringing out his hand indicating he wanted shake hands. Then Khrysaor pointed to Nikodemus who was by the gate while telling the Irish player, "My pal, Niko over there would like to help out as well if its not too much trouble."

Helios turned his head and listened carefully to the Irish-sounding player's words. It seemed he was planning on taking on The Traveler quest as well. "I'm in luck." he chuckled, standing up straight and stepping towards the man, who looked to be quite a bit older than the dark-haired player was, although he was a bit shorter as well. "Yo. I've been planning on finishing this quest, so I'd be happy to join you and your party, if you'd allow me to." he told the blonde player. Helios examined the other player, who also wanted to help with the quest. He had dark hair, although not as his own, and from what he could tell, the man was a lower level than Helios was. He came just in time to hear the dark-haired player introduce himself. "Well, nice to meet you guys. My name's Helios." he grinned.

Lost in thought, he completely didn't notice Niko and Khrsaor until they began to walk towards, what seems to be, an irishman. He spoke in a strong irish accent that, well.. you could never mistaken it. "Right, I should join them... I do need survival unlocked soon anyways.." Moments after, he walked after Niko and Khrysaor, they were heading there already anyways.

"Uh... right, I'll join you in the traveler quest. It'd probably be less of a hassle if it's done in a group anyways... I'm... Rain." He slowly raises his hand jutting it out hoping to get a hand shake. Of course, the wanderer doesn't care, but this is all for formalities sake.

OOC: sorry I'm slow. Been in and out of sleep... hella jetlagged.

Edited by Rain

Moments after she had accepted the quest, a booming voice echoed through the city plaza. 'Eh?' She woman turned her head to find the source of the noise, gaze falling on a blonde man. The words resounded back in her mind until she finally processed them, looking back to the quest confirmation window floating in front of her. "<<The Traveler>>" text mirrored the man's words, and she mulled the thought over before dismissing the window and walking over to what was already a small gathering of people. The slightest frown tugged at her lips, as she wasn't expecting a crowd.

Teion hesitated a moment, wondering if her existence was enough to signal to the players around her that she was interested in joining their quest group.

((OOC: Sorry for the delay. My notifications don't pop sometimes.))

Raising a hand, Nikodemus volunteered to go on the quest. "I'll go Yamato. I've done it already, so I can help lead people through the sandstorm with you." Looking at the group, he smiled and knew they'd get it done quickly. Checking the seals on his armor, he counted them off one by one to make sure he didnt miss anything. Having verified that his armor was good, he looked to the group. "I am ready whenever you guys are. We should make quick work of it if we stay together and keep a quick pace. I am Nikodemus by the way. Nice to meet each of you who I do not know, and hello again to those I do."

ID: 61174
CD: 5 (No Damage)

Yamato allowed his ice blue gaze to sweep around the players that were assembling around him. In all honesty, it was a larger group than the Irishman had expected. Not that it mattered, there was strength in numbers as he had said. Even if one of those members had the orange cursor of a player killer. Nikodemus' cursor gave the soldier pause for a moment but at last, he shrugged his shoulders and accepted it in his own mind. With five other people present, they could address Nikodemus if he decided he wanted to get rowdy or out of hand.

"Khry, Helios, Rain, Niko, an'... uh... milady," Yamato replied, nodding his head to each of them in turn and trying to invent a name for Teion since she hadn't offered one up. "This is a larger group than I expected, but a welcome one," the axe man continued, not sounding altogether thrilled with the prospect of working with others, though he accepted that it was a necessity to do so in just about every massively multiplayer online game that had ever been released. Very few of them were designed to be completed by purely solo players.

"I'm Yamato," the Irishman continued in a thick brogue. Swiping a finger in the air in front of him he quickly sent a party request to all of the players that were assembled. "Looks like we're goin' on a camping trip, it says this quest is a day and night journey out into the desert to complete. No point in wasting any further time, we can chat during the walk if we really want to." Without too much more in the way of pleasantries, the fighter drew his axe and shouldered the weapon before starting to march out into the desert.

Edited by Yamato

ID# 61184

CD: 8 (No Damage Taken)

Khrysaor noticed the new comers join in the quest. 'This is one large group, and now onto the trip of walking through the desert for a day and night.' thought Khrysaor. Yamato, started to lead them out into the desert, and Khrysaor slowly followed behind Yamato. He started to look all around him at the wide and vast desert, and mumbled, "Well, it looks like nothing has changed up here, the sandy seas still look as barren and uninviting as before." When he looked back, he saw the others who wanted to join in on the quest following behind. He looked up to the sun and put his arm across his face, and knew with the sun out like this even during the morning, the group will be having a tough time transversing the hotter than normal desert. He already felt like taking out his water bottle and taking a drink, but knew he needed his supplies conserved for when they face deeper challenges.

Edited by Khrysaor

ID# 61396

CD: 6 (No Damage Taken)

"Nice to meet you, Yamato." Helios replied to the Irish man's introduction. His hand moved down to accept the party invitation. Six of us. This is a fairly large party. At least we'll be able to survive easier this way, if we do run into any monsters. The dark-haired player thought, equipping his curved sword. As they left the safezone of Armadillo, Helios turned his head to the unnamed girl in the party, who was standing in front of him since he was at the back of the group. He couldn't help but recognize her from somewhere, however the noirette couldn't figure out where it was. Helios placed his black hat back into his inventory. "Just as I remember the Fifth Floor. Almost always unbearably hot." The man chuckled.

Edited by Helios

OOC: I wrote edit cause I saw Helios post already, but I forgot about it. XD @Teion

ID# 61401 results: Craft: 4 = No Damage

The group began to trudge through the scalding sands of the 5th floor. It seems that everytime the wanderer's here the weather always becomes an issue. But never was food or water. Being a wanderer, you're always prepared. With a few swipes of his fingers, he takes out a crystalline flask filled with a clear liquid - Eternal Spring - and drank from it. He quickly quenched his thirst and continued on with the group in search for the lost loot.

Edited by Rain

As swift introductions were made, the group wasted no time in setting out on the journey the quest required of them. 'A day and a night, huh?' The woman's thoughts lazily mused, moving herself to the middle of the group's formation. She could take the lead in combat if necessary, but her build wasn't exactly optimized for tanking damage.

The blacksmith pulled up at the loose yellow scarf, bringing the fabric up to her nose to protect her face from the sandy winds that began beating around them. She opted to hold the cloth in place with her left hand, leaving her right free to draw her weapon if needed. A couple of the other players went for small talk, but Teion remained silent as they started the trek. She never was good with idle conversation. Just as she got into a steady pace, a small reflection of light brought her attention to the sand at her feet. As the wind kicked up dust, the sand was slowly churning, revealing a stray material to her. The woman stopped only for a moment to crouch down and claim it for her inventory before placing herself back in position.

((@Nikodemus_Blackwood, your turn))

Environment

Hide contents
  • ID#: 61402
    • BD: 1
    • CD: 8 - Success
    • LD: 17
    • MD: 7
  • No Environmental Damage

Gathering Attempt

Hide contents
  • ID#: 61402
    • BD: 1
    • CD: 8
    • LD: 17 + (2 Skill) + (2 Equipment) = 21 - Success
    • MD: 7
  • +1 Crafting Material

• Total Loot:
    • Teion: 1 Crafting Material

Edited by Teion

Seeing the group move along, Nikodemus followed. in his armor he was sealed from the sand storm and his <Survival> skill made it so his armor could be not penetrated by the sand. Able to survive, Nikodemus trudged along with the group and kept pace with Yamato. After a bit, he noticed one of the group, a young girl with a yellow scarf about her, kneel to pick something up. Stopping for a moment, he returned to her and held a hand out. "Miss, you shouldn't stop to long. The storm is just starting and visibility will become more reduced soon, not to mention when sundown comes. not even footprints will last in the this. If you get lost, it could be days before your found, or worse..."

• 2 weeks later...

OOC: @Khrysaor

ID: 62086
CD: 6 (Safe)

Yamato was no stranger to a desert environment, though it was true he could hardly call such places comfortable or homey it was an undeniable truth that there were worse places in the world to call home. Swiping a finger in the air in front of him, the Irishman called up his player menu. Scrolling quickly through the screens of the menu that was opaque to everyone but himself, Yamato eventually called up what he was looking for. A white balaclava, which he tapped and equipped causing the clothing item to spring into place over his throat, nose, and mouth as the group marched slowly into the desert. Ever the quiet one, the blonde man kept to himself as the day slowly passed with the weather turning more and more foul as a savage wind storm kicked up. With night coming on, Yamato made his way at the head of the group over to what appeared to be a small cave in a sandstone cliff face. Entering the cave, Yamato stationed himself near the entrance and waited for the others to join him.

Edited by Yamato

OOC: @Helios

ID# 62142

CD: 9 (No Damage)

Khrysaor slowly trudged through the deep sand following behind the group of players. Sandstorms were starting to arise, so, to help protect his face, he brought the collar of the cloak he was wearing up to his face. Half of his face was now covered from below his eyes downwards. He was having a bit of trouble seeing where he was walking with all the wind and sand in his eyes. He looked up into the sky and noticed that the sun was slowly going down and it was almost time for nightfall to hit. 'Man, when night comes around its going to be freezing out here. I really do hate the desert, at one point its so hot out with the sun and when the sun is gone the weather drastically turns cold. It is almost time to find shelter and rest up for the night.' thought Khrysaor. Soon Khrysaor noticed a cave up ahead and saw Yamato must have had the same idea as him, since Yamato was heading to the cave. When the group finally reached the cave, he sighed happy in the thought they were going to rest up for some time. He went a bit passed Yamato, away from the entrance and sat down against the wall. He watched as the others slowly came in as well.

Edited by Khrysaor