Suggested SAO-RPG PK Rules

Are you happy with these PK Rules?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Are you happy with these PK Rules?

• Yes.
    • Yes, but I think a few changes should be made. (Explain Below)
    • No, I think PK should take a wholly different form. (Explain Below)

Baldur, we're not going to hamstring orange players like that. It's not fair, especially since you can only take Redemption once.

To everyone on the Salvage System, right now it's not a thing. It may become a thing in the future. Right now, we have more pressing concerns than figuring out the math on a Salvage System that wouldn't be broken and/or breakable. Between fixing PK and doing a complete overhaul on all the rules while trying to keep new content coming for monthly bosses, floor bosses, events, quests, and the like the simple acknowledgement must be made that some things must, of necessity, take a back burner.

Frankly,I feel like my response was skimmed over as there are numerous reasons people could be afk and punishing that by putting in a timer on PK's while possibly necessary is already silly. I'm also the type of rper though who is willing to let a thread finish in the time that people are comfortable with. But let's put up some sample issues here:

1. They player looks at the situation and realizes that they are stuck in a snag between not wanting to meta game and not wanting to die (barring the tag system is not in effect.) The person will just leave for a while hoping it is forgotten and continue on with other rp's. Pro of 36 Hour rule.
  2. The player doesn't have the time to look into the rp be it work, life, vacation, or on the more sad sign deaths in the family as some of us do have relatives that are sickly or elderly. Con of 36 Hour rule.
  3. The site goes stagnant and all the effort in that thread is all for not and no one gets anything out of it because people don't want to die. Pro 36 Hour rule.
  4. Introducing this will still end up getting whiner babies who complain to staff as it really is a rather unfair to allow someone's life to be ended without feed back as IC unless it is an assassination on a lower level. People normally would be able to retaliate. Con 36 Hour rule.

In the end this will never have a proper manner of dealing with the PK system without eliminating the One and Done ability of all the higher levels that are capable of ending a vast number of people's plot with a single AOE burst. If you are gonna allow AOE attacks, they should never be allowed to one shot numerous people as the point of an AOE is not to deal obscene amounts of damage to everyone but to spread damage across an entire group of bos.

PK Rules are not the issue that the thread is facing despite the recent events, the issue is the rules and as soon as those are fixed I'm sure people will be more comfortable rping with the fear of constant PKing once again. (But in a more reasonable fashion.) I am no expert, but I suggest instead of doing surveys like this you ask the community if they are willing to put a hold on events and the like so that GM's don't have to worry about progressing plot till those generic issues are fixed. I know I'm perfectly fine with plotting out rp that is not based around the core progression of the site as this is a role play site and not a video game.

Avilon, and everyone else.

It needs to be stressed that these are TEMPORARY PK RULES.

1. If you're going to be gone or have RL issues, for example like Ariel, just let the staff know in advance. We can work with you on those things, if we know. But, I think you and everyone else will agree that we're not mind readers.

2. As part of the complete site guide overhaul and revamp, a full and new PVP system will be put into place. In all honesty, I hadn't considered something like what Baldur suggested in his feedback. That system, if fully dev'd, would seem to balance the PVP system quite nicely. However, with everything else that's being worked on at the moment, and my own RL stuff with applying for jobs in both Tokyo and Hong Kong, I don't have the time to devote (at the moment) to fully devving Baldur's idea for PVP. Now, if you and some of the players would like to take some initiative, like what's being done with Sword Skill re-vamping and balancing, believe me I am all ears (or eyes, in this case). As I've done in the Dagger Thread, I am happy to offer input and feedback on those kinds of things to make the site a better place. But, you and everyone else also need to understand that, in terms of GM stuff, I am doing the following things:

A. Running Sheeptar
B. Running Asterios
C. Running Leonidas (soon)
D. Trying, not very effectively, to run the Knights of the Blood Oath
E. Devving July's Monthly Boss, Nerius the Evil Treant
F. Trying to keep the Community Calendar up to date
G. Working on the re-write and re-vampe of several sections of the current rules guide at once
H. Applying for a job in Hong Kong (China)
I. Applying for a job in Tokyo (Japan), the interview process for which is intensive and will require a trip from my home to Tokyo if I am a finalist for the position
J. Working a 55-65 hour RL work week across three separate jobs
K. Trying to find time for recreation to avoid going bonkers
L. Trying to keep my own characters active and leveling up and moving forward
M. Talking to Baldur, when I have time, about getting a concrete system in place for rebalancing HP, DMG, Tiers, and Combat

I am busy. We, the staff, are working for the community. This PVP System here is a temporary fix until a better PVP System can be fully implemented.