[OP-F1-NK] The Initial Greeting

The cool air whipped through Starting City, wind catching his hair as Vyrtew made his way past a group of fountains in the city. Tucking a braid behind his left ear the boy heads round the corner sighing. The paved cobblestones that lined the floor up to the row of shops he was walking past seemed to drag on forever and he eventually started to drag his feet. Until he saw the bench and stretching his arms up he goes and sits down on it. “Where is she?!” He says loudly to no one in particular.

Syn began to dash through the streets yet again she had wanted to escape her brother’s watchful eyes even if it was for a moment. The trickling water made her giggle to herself as she jumped down a flight of stone stairs. Several people turning their heads to look at her. Not paying them any head she keeps running slipping through a crowd as she spots a small café set onto the corner of a row of shops. Tilting her head up the white haired twin reads the sign. “Starlight Café.” Disappearing into the shop she takes a seat towards the back grabbing a menu and tucking her nose into it.

Aya sat at the small table in the window of The Starlight Café looking out on the world as it passed her by absent mindedly fiddling with her long sword securely in its scabbard, on her lap. Players coming and going as they had done for the several hours she had been there watching, observing, being.  But then something caught her eye sat by the fountain he was also watching, not something many players did, stop and look. "They are all still too caught up in the adventure to notice anything," she grumbled to herself. Was he talking to himself? “Hmm” she thought as a flash of colour, a girl appeared in the back of the café taking a menu and studying it.

The day was abnormally windy and Akeidan had gotten seriously lost again. He sighed, but he the stress was soon ended by the sight of another human being. Oh wait no it was too even better news. We move closer to the situation to discover what exactly it has to offer. He was not sure what to expect but he was excited nonetheless to see a person not an NPC. As he made his approach he made several cautious moves to appear as a creeper a killer of some sort. He opened his mouth to speak but he noticed that they have seemed to be enthralled in a conversation. " Hello." He said patiencely

Glancing up from her menu at the faint ‘hello’ Syn smiles and gestures to the empty seat next to her. “Hi there.” Passing her menu over to the bpy, she leans over and grabs another one, licking her thumb she opens it and begins to flick through. “See anything you like? All these deserts and coffees! I bet they’re really tasty.” Running her fingers over several of the items she slaps it down on one of them. “This one!” She calls out. A waitress comes running over and Syn shows her what she wants, jotting it down on her pad.

Vyrtew let out a sigh, she’d done it again given him the slip. It felt like hide and seek was all the siblings ever played since they had become trapped in this death game. Resting his head back on the bench his eyes gazing into the window of the café on the corner. He spots a purple haired girl looking over at him and then her head flick to a girl in white hair. “There she is!” he exclaims jumping up the white haired boy unsheathes his dagger twirling it about in his fingers before placing it back in it. He heads into the restaurant stopping for a moment to smile at the girl who had been looking at him.

Aya continued to watch the boy sat on the bench aware at the same time that the flash of colour had been joined by another male player and was deciding on what to eat.

The boy back on the bench meanwhile was staring through her and suddenly jumped up from the bench spoke aloud to himself again and walked with purpose towards the café as he entered he smiled at Aya. She quickly buried her head in her book, her hair which was un-braided ,for once, pooling around as to hid herself from the world.

Realising the book, it was upside down, “Damn!” She scolded herself turning it quickly. “How long have I been here, How long had the book been like that?"  she thought “Who else has noticed the book? Damn! I’m hungry.” She picked up the menu on the table why she didn’t know why she knew what she wanted. A waitress walked past, the badge on her chest had dark letters emblazoned onto it that read 'Donna'. "Ermm, Excuse me, could I have the cookies with ice cream and a chocolate milkshake please?"

"Starlight Cafe...it's really been a long time since I've been here..."

As he walked down the streets the Starting City Calrex felt himself moving as if following a set of given directions, glancing forward as his legs took him towards the humble cafe. He had visited it many times in the past, as the welcoming lights seemed to call him in each time. He first came here with Teayre and Oikawa when he was first starting adventuring in Sword Art Online, and it has been the host for many important events during his time trapped in the game.

However, as it has been the past few times, this visit he had done alone. With both of his closest companions now orange players, they were restricted from accessing the Starlight Cafe, or even any safe area. Heaving a small sigh the bluenette moved some of his bangs out of his face before returning his hands to his jacket pockets, "I swear our appearances shouldn't change in the game, but at times it feels like my hair has gotten longer. Either that or it's becoming some kind of a nuisance."

Putting the idea out of his mind he stepped inside, the establishment's interior coming into full view. As in the past, the cafe had a decent amount of customers, but not enough that there was a huge wait going out of the door. It was a place where people would come and go, not really spending too much time inside after finishing their snacks and beverages. The familiar NPC waiter was there, just as before, taking orders from the patrons as Calrex felt a small smile come to his face. There was too many fond memories in him to maintain his calm composure.

Moving over to a small seat in a corner he sat down, swiping on his menu as he sent his battle gear to his inventory, leaving merely his casual combat clothing and Amethyst Charm equipped. After finishing yet another order the waiter came over, ready to receive another request. "Just the same as before, an iced mocha please."

The order placed Calrex rested his forearms on the table, turning his head to look out the window, "With all that's happening, a small moment of peace like this is like an oasis in a desert. Of course, I guess now is as good a time as any to go over exactly what's happened, and what I should be doing next..."

It had been a whole day since Adhae had been in the Town of Beginnings. She had spent that time on the outskirts of the town, farming the little creatures with her partner, Verus. Now they were back in the town, looking for somewhere to rest. Adhae, with her newly achieved  Col, wanted to treat herself to a nice dinner. And then after that, go find the chestpiece she had seen earlier and buy that thing. She was very excited for that, so as she entered the tavern, she barely noticed the name. "Starlight Café."

Soon, she was sitting down at a table with Verus. She couldn't help the smile on her face. "What should we get, squirt?" She had grabbed both of them a menu on the way in, and now opened one to look at it. The list of foods was extensive, so long that Adhae had to look for quite a few minutes before she saw any that looked interesting.

"A hamburger... ooh, a milkshake... All of these things remind me of American diners around my irl house," She muttered to herself, laughing softly. "Ooo, there's something bright green here. I want that." She set down her menu, closing it to show the waiter that she was ready, and peeped at Verus' menu. "What're you getting?" 

The little building was cute in a sense of how cozy it was. It had a solid homey feel about it, and the people inside all seemed to be having a good time. He had originally planned to just stick to bread and water for the first few days, trying to save up as much col as possible. However, Adhae had urged him to follow her into the building, wanting to have a meal other than bread and water for once. He was personally fine with the simple meals for a while, but he knew overtime that would change.

"I uh, I honestly don't know if I need anything here..."His voice trailed off as he was handed a menu. It was rather surprising that this many items were available in a simple video game. Verus was rather intrigued with the list of things, and began to read through all of the potential orders. He knew he needed to contain himself, but it was just so tough. She had mentioned something green and he quickly searched for some sort of salad, peering up over his menu when she had asked him what he was getting. "Oh...just probably water. I don't believe I'll be getting much here."

A rumble came roaring out of the wanderer's stomach as he lazily pushed open the doors of Starlight Cafe. The smell of food smacked the wanderer in the face - and stomach - like a hammer hitting an anvil. As the wanderer slowly walked inside, streaks of saliva came pouring from his mouth. Never has ever been this hungry in a long time. The smell of cakes, cooked meat, pasta... ramen? "Is that ramen I smell"

The wanderer quickly ran to an empty table and opened the menu. There, staring at his face was a fairly sized list of different kinds of ramen. "RAMEN!" The wanderer quickly threw his hand(s) in the air and got the attention of a waiter. "One bowl of the biggest ramen you've got." "Will that be all, sir?" "Uh, on second thought, make that two." "Sir, that's a bit-" "You're right! Make it three!" "But, sir-" "That's all." The wanderer had no intention of listening to the waiter's counseling. The wanderer's is hungry, and that's that.

Looking around, the wanderer quickly notices a fairly large amount of white hair people - including him. Wanting to just observe, he quietly waited for his food to come out.

Akeidan sniffed the air and grimaced," Rain! he is here." He was not fond of the man, because they were two sides of the same coin. Both mad men in their own right, but he was not in concerned with him at the moment. He want to make some new friends and Syn, Aya, the other one seemed to be perfect prey. But moment then that is the need for food, He was headed in another direct then these wayward souls. Akeidan is a certifiable foodie, and used his meticulous palate him made it his business to find the best of best. Today was ramen.

As he came to his destination he found a familiar face sitting at the bar. "For god sake!" he said, but Rain might not be his favorite person but he acknowledge his good taste, Like his blade. Begrudgingly, he paid him some respect and stuck his face into a bowl for some cover. 

Starting City... It had been some time since the Blonde had made his way to where it had all began. As he looked up and down the busy crowded streets of the main establishment of the first floor, the spearman found himself outside a precarious little cafe. Placing his hand on the door handle, he turned and entered. The slight breeze catching his long golden hair, sending it forward over his shoulder. Brushing the long locks back over his shoulder, as he closed the door, Lawfer scanned the establishment. 'Well what do we have here...' he thought to himself as he casually made his way over to a certain bluenette. Noticing the man's head was in the clouds as he looked out the window, Lawfer took the opportunity to surprise him. 

"Hey there Cal. Taking a day off out of the grind?" He asked as he placed his right hand on the man's shoulder, then took a few steps and sat down across from the man. Turning his attention to the waiter, he cleared his voice. "Excuse me I'll take whatever he's having..." Pausing for a moment, as he pondered the implications of possibly ordering a drink he may not enjoy. He reconsidered, "Actually never mind that, I'll take a black iced coffee and its going to be on his tab. Thank you!" He exclaimed, making sure that the waiter had heard him, disregarding the commotion it may have stirred up.

"Just kidding about the drink. You ok there big guy?" Lawfer asked the Ultramarine Knight as he placed his hands behind his head, and smiled.

As her food arrived Aya was starting to feel uneasy she hadn't felt like this for a while, the need to talk to people but in the past 20 minutes or so those walking into the cafe seemed to know people have people come talk to them Aya was starting to crave contact. Beyond the npc's. She switched chairs to face into the cafe and not out onto the street, tucking into her food. "I mean it has been a while, I've started to go backwards, I'm becoming the player I've been supporting since I entered the game." she started panicking to herself. "Right, Aya you made a promise to yourself before you entered this world it's time to start living up to that promise again." She finished eating swiped her menu down, sending the book to her inventory and picking up her milkshake stood up walking towards the flash of colour and the boy with the white hair from the bench "Hi" she croaked her voice catching in the back of her throat. "Could I sit with you for a while I'm getting tired of being alone" the confidence returning to her voice.

It had been nearly 5 months since I had exited my shop on the 1st floor. I just couldn't find the drive to leave. My time in this hell hadn't been the most enjoyable, but dreadful place had been merciful on me. I could've just ended up like the rest of my raiding group, dead in a cave. They were left unremembered by all but one. I had fallen to this level as well during these 5 months of solitude; left with only my scarab companion Kherpi to keep me from drifting into complete insanity.

However, the depression had kept me holed up in this place for far too long. I was tired of looking at the same damned walls. It was time to get busy living or to get busy dying. I opened the door of my room in the shop out to the main area. Dust had covered everything. Barely any light shined in. Thankfully, unlike when I had been trapped in exile, the shop didn't fall into complete disrepair. I walked over to the door and place my hand on the door handle. It was here that I began to have second thoughts.

"Do i really want to precede with this?" I thought to myself. "Do I really want to face this cruel pane of existence again?" But then more logical thought flooded into my head. "I have done harder things than this! For Christ's sake I've slain hundreds of monsters and confronted myself on both the mental and the physical battlefield. I'm stronger than this"

With this I threw open the door and light from outside flooded me and my shop. I had to adjust my eyes to the uncommon sight of such brightness. I smile began to overtake me. I began to feel alive again. I extended a hand to my companion and placed him on my shoulder. I took my first step out into the open world in 5 months...and I felt great. Thoughts flooded my mind on what to do. I looked around to see a cafe. It had been so damned long since i had something that wasn't bread and water. I sauntered over to the StarLight Cafe. I opened the door to the place and was instantly engulfed in the smell of delicious foods. The smell of such things hadn't been so great since before my solitude. I walked over to the line and began to assess the menu... 

Several more players began to pile in to the small café as Vyrtew went over to his sister. A man came in a small amethyst jewel on this ring with two swords stuck into either side of it. One a katana one a straight sword. Shrugging the white haired boy turned back to look at his sister only to find she had disappeared in as he had turned his back on him. A purple haired girl had come over to where he was standing. “Could I sit with you for a while I’m getting tired of being alone.” Turning back to the girl he smiles slipping into a booth that was free. “Of course, I’m Vyrtew what’s your name?” He spoke quietly. His hands folding on the table in front of him.

She had been sat on the bench as several other players walked in. Including her brother gritting her teeth as he made his way over to her. The white haired girl noticed him look another for a moment. Slipping to one side she makes her way around him avoiding Vyrtew spotting her as she went over to the man dressed in blue and the man in red. “H-Hi.” She starts her hands behind her back. “That charm that’s on your neck the purple one… Where did you get it? I’d love something like that.” She blushed her the roots of her hair turning red. “Would you mind if I say with you, I want to stay away from my brother… He’s quite annoying.” A weak smile came to her lips as she brushed some hair away from her eyes.

A waiter pushed past Syn bringing a coffee and an Iced Mocha. Licking her lips as they were set down the waitress appears behind her with waffles topped with chocolate ice cream. “Are you sitting here now?” She says with exasperation. The young girl could only nod and watch as the lady put the tray on the table in front of the girl. Sliding into a spare seat next to the blue and red knights Syn takes the spoon and begins to have a small bite of it. “Would either of you like some?”

Having found himself in the Town of Beginnings once more, Nikodemus was waiting for a friend. Kain had told him he'd meet him in an hour when he was done with the local services and would be along to talk about some things. While Nikodemus was waiting, he wandered into a cafe outside the safezone nearby the large orphanage that Kain worked in. Sitting down at a table in the corner, he noticed a few people he knew, and a lot he didn't. Enjoying a small drink, this worlds version of coffee, Nikodemus relaxed and let his mind wander for a moment to the days when he was quite literally insane, running through the streets and shouting at people, playing "tag" and "Hide and Go Seek", which were basically him running up and pushing people down then running off, or stalking people who ran from him and tried to hide. With his mind off in memory lane, he was not paying much attention.

Edited by Nikodemus_Blackwood

As Aya moved over to the table the Flash of color was off again like lightning Aya over in the direction of the two players that had entered earlier. The white haired boy smiled turning to Aya and slipped into the free booth  Of course, I’m Vyrtew what’s your name?” he spoke as quietly as Aya did, he folded his hands on the table  "Come on Aya you can do this,"  Smiling back at Vyrtew "My name's Aya, How long have you been here? Who's the flash of colour?" her eyes widened and her heart started to race "Too many questions! Slow down!" Her internal monologue screamed at her. 

Edited by Aya

The boy couldn’t help but bring a hand to his mouth as he stifled a giggle. “Aya? Right, you must be at least thirty-five. How come you’re firing questions off left right and centre like my sister?” Spotting the girl’s eyes go wide as the words left his mouth, the white haired boy claps his hand over his mouth. His own eyes becoming the size of dinner plates. “I’m. So. Sorry.” Vyrtew slowly says. Slinking down in his chair, his face going bright red as well. “It’s just… You look about the same age as some of my teachers in school.” Looking down at the menu he quickly begins running his fingers along the various desserts and treats that the café sold he picks one and then another grabbing a waitress by the skirt. “Can I get these two please.” He says receiving a glare from the girl, his eyes the whole time avoided Aya's.

Edited by Vyrtew