[SP-F5] A Hunter's Life // Road to 300 Mats part 4 (COMPLETE)

A Hunter's Life
Road to 300 Mats part 4
GM OHSS

It seemed to finally be time for the hunter to become something that he had never been before.  As the days have gone by, he had found himself growing stronger and stronger.  With every given moment, he was growing into a better adventurer and hunter.  The latest of his ventures have given him the prowess and experience to push that power into a new level.  It was now that he ventured out into the vast desert one last time.  He was ready to brave the final part of his journey through the fifth floor: the final dungeon.  This was his test for the future.

This was 'my' test.

[-1 Heartrock Salad +2 LD]

Edited by Hirru

Of course, I couldn't venture far into the desert without fighting at least one scorpion horde.  It wouldn't be the fifth floor without them, and cacti.  Also sand; it wouldn't be the same without it.  Though, they seemed to fall just as easily as they used to when I was a first tier user, or so the players seem to say.  With a violet glow, I was able to destroy all of the scorpions with my signature art, Lightning Fall, and collect the parts from them in record time.  I would say that I was stronger at that point, but that would be an exaggeration.

Scorpion
HP: 60
DMG: 30
MIT: 15

Spoiler

[ID: 61824]
[BD: 5+2] Hit
[Sword Art: Lightning Fall] 1x7x1= 77-15 mit = 62 dmg
[LD: 7+5] Col Bonus = 1200 Col (60x5x4)

Hirru - [120 / 120 hp ~ 16 / 30 en] (-14 en)

Scorpion - [0 / 60 hp] (-62 hp) [+1 Mat]
Scorpion - [0 / 60 hp] (-62 hp) [+1 Mat]

Total Treasure
4 Mats
1200 Col

Edited by Hirru

It was around the time that I defeated the first team that I found myself surrounded by more scorpions, and they didn't like the fact that I killed their brethren.  I was still stuck in the cooldown from the first Lightning Fall, and could not retaliate.  They snipped at my legs and stabbed me with their stingers.  They were very accurate as they didn't seem to trigger Fury's thorns or its regeneration.  They merely ripped through my armor like paper, and I was helpless to do anything about it until later.

Spoiler

[ID: 61885]
[BD: 2+2] Miss
[MD: 10] Crit +2 (32-25=7x4=28 Dmg)
[CD: 2] Nothing

Hirru - [92 / 120 hp ~ 15 / 30 en] (+1 en / -2 en / -28 hp)

Scorpion - [60 / 60 hp]
Scorpion - [60 / 60 hp]
Scorpion - [60 / 60 hp]
Scorpion - [60 / 60 hp]

Total Treasure
4 Mats
1200 Col

Edited by Hirru

When the barrage of damage was done, I was able to move again.  I used the opportunity to make another attempt at Lightning Fall, as there were too many to deal with normally.  I jumped into the air with Oath emblazen in violet once more, before stabbing the sword into the sand.  A large wave of energy would spill forth causing damage to anything that it touched.  Thankfully, the epicenter didn't count, or I would also be taking this damage.  Afterwards, I received the noticed of all the obtained objects from them.  I was getting much better at this than I remember.

Spoiler

[ID: 61993]
[BD: 7+2] Hit
[Sword Art: Lightning Fall] 1x7x11=77-15= 62 AOE
[LD: 7+5] 
Col Bonus = 1200 Col (60x5x4)

Hirru - [92 / 120 hp ~ 2 / 30 en] (+1 en / -14 en)

Scorpion - [0 / 60 hp] (-62 hp) [+1 Mat]

Total Treasure
8 Mats
2400 Col

Edited by Hirru

With nearly all of my energy spent, I needed to relocate to another part of the desert, before the swarm would be able to track me.  As I was getting higher in levels, I still had trouble with keeping my energy at appropriate degrees of usage, even with the boosts to my reserves.  I could hunt much more easily, but the price could be steep, if I didn't take care of myself when the time comes.  I just needed to get that much stronger, or that's what I think I need to do.  Though, I think that it won't matter for long.

[ID: 61994]
[LD: 2+5] Nothing

Total Treasure
8 Mats
2400 Col

Edited by Hirru
  • 1 month later...

Crossing the long expanse of sand without making my presence known is harder to do than one would think.  The enemies are always in hiding on the fifth floor, as the desert has nothing more to hide behind that the very sand that makes it up.  Some of the creatures have found clever ways to conceal themselves, by concealing themselves in the flora, or becoming the flora themselves.  The rest have to hide within the burning sands to await their next meal.  Even with search, I would not be able to see everything that lays in wait.  I will have to venture much more carefully to keep from fighting a losing battle, as my energy still needs time to replenish.  I constantly thank my Survival skill for keeping me from losing this constant fight with the desert heat.  Though, I still question how I am even alive out here without constant hydration from the lose of water from sweat.

[ID: 65490]
[LD: 4+5] Nothing

Total Treasure
8 Mats
2400 Col

Edited by Hirru

As I wondered if I would find anything else to test myself on, I came upon a patch of cacti that seemed quite healthy under the burning temperatures that accompanied the area.  I couldn't say for certain how the heat was staying within this area, as the sun usually doesn't shine on this area for much longer than a few hours before its rays cast their light on the upper floors.  It was always day light without anything blocking the light from above, including the grand ceiling that would be the next floor up.  This castle in the sky always filling my head with questions that I could only answer through the random bits of information from the inhabitants of each town, and some from adventurers that I've come across.  I won't figure anything by just standing around, though.  I unsheathed Oath and cut a long swath through the prickly growths.  I would only get a handful of needles, but that would be enough for anything that my clients would need.

[ID: 65495]
[LD: 14+5] +1 Mat

Total Treasure
9 Mats
2400 Col

Edited by Hirru

After gathering the assortments of needles from the only plants within the entire floor, I continued my route towards..  well, anywhere.  The desert was too large to explore in one day, and I didn't want to stay out here during the night time, as it grew colder than the fourth floor.   Though, that may be an exaggeration, as the fourth floor was the only snow covered floor that has been found.   The heat plays tricks with the mind, and the cool night becomes another extreme of chilled air blowing through what little heat the sand could absorb.

As I passed by a high dune, the sight of displaced sand put me on alert again.  Unsheathing Oath, I quickly made a jump which made the blade glow a deep violet before my body began moving on its own.  It slammed the sword into the ground with a heavy hit where a number of scorpions crawled out from.  The sands could not mask them for long, as a shockwave of energy blasted them apart.  There was nothing left, but the shifting sands that would soon lay desolate.

Spoiler

[ID: 65500]
[BD: 8+2] Hit
[Sword Art: Lightning Fall] 1x7x11=77-15= 62 AOE
[LD: 11+5] 
 Col Bonus = 1200 Col (60x5x4)

Hirru - [112 / 120 hp ~ 16 / 30 en] (-14 en)

Total Treasure
13 Mats
3600 Col

Edited by Hirru

At least, that was what I thought would happen as it had many times before.  No, this time another swarm of scorpions were waiting below the sands that I had blown away with my last sword art.  With Lightning Fall on cooldown, I had to resort to my lesser AOE sword art, Sharp Nail, which I had not used in a few days.  Though, I still took the necessary form to activate it, as if my time from training had been ingrained into my very muscles.  A deep red fell upon Oath's surface before we shot out at the first scorpion before jumping into and stabbing the second of the arthropods through its thorax.  The third of the group would get the heaviest blast, which would shoot it backwards into the last scorpion.  The energy of each attack connected together and completed the piercing blast sword art, Sharp Nail.

I fell back onto the sand dune in which we fought, and sighed.  I'm getting better as I go on, but with quite a cost to my energy reserves.  I'm glad that I contacted Grave about those energy vials before hand, as I may need them on this hunt.

Spoiler

[ID: 65547]
[BD: 10+2] Crit +2
[Sword Art: Sharp Nail] 3x2x13 = 78-15 = 63 AOE
[LD: 16+5] 
 Col Bonus = 1200 Col (60x5x4) & Mat Bonus = 4 (1x4)

Hirru - [112 / 120 hp ~ 5 / 30 en] (+1 en / -12 en)

Scorpion - [0 / 60 hp] (-63 hp) [+1 Mat]

Total Treasure
21 Mats
4800 Col

Edited by Hirru

Laying in the shade of the dune, I stared out at the crater that I made with Lightning Fall as it slowly filled back up from the sands around it.  I would occasionally have to move as my actions made the sand become unstable and fall into the crater as well.  After a few minutes, the hole had already been filled half way from the residual energy that had been placed upon it, and my occasional shifting.  It was slightly calming to watch the sand fall, but I still didn't want to get stuck in it.  You never know when a Trap Ant could spawn in one of those pits, and I didn't want to fight another one of those while I was wandering the desert.  The last time I went through that endeavor, Teion was a prominent member of the original Crimson Blades, before it merged with the Knights of the Blood Oath.  I made a mental note to talk to her about becoming more active, but that wasn't my concern.

[ID: 65561]
[LD: 17+5] +1 Mat

Total Treasure
22 Mats
4800 Col

Edited by Hirru

What would be my concern was more for the struggles of the guild as a whole.  Even though I didn't care much for the inner working, the guild held many of my closest friends that I have learned to cherish.   They're always on call for anything and show just as much enthusiasm towards a mission as they did before they joined.  Though, the missions have dwindled, that doesn't mean that they have gotten lazy.  Everyone has been doing their part to become stronger, and so have I.  With everyone becoming the front liners that we all had wanted to become, most of us have had to kick up our work outside of battle, as well.  I seems that with the new floors, the quests have become much more perilous with some of those appearing on lower floors.  A few of the knights have been posting themselves around those areas, to keep the lower leveled players safe from harm.  Though, I still think that they're doing it for their own benefit. 

[ID: 65566]
[LD: 9+5] Nothing

Total Treasure
22 Mats
4800 Col

Edited by Hirru

The light from the sun seemed to be moving towards the evening time frame, as the shade that I had was slowly encroaching on my figure, which was still resting in the dunes.  I figured that I was wasting enough time here, and needed to continue on with my venture before the day ended, and I was walking in the dark and cold desert, on my own again.  Of course, I could always summon the cart to my side to make this a bit easier, but I like to hunt on my own, and I have already used a time limited item.  I didn't want to use another for this trip, but if I wasted any more time, then I would have to.

I got up and dusted myself of any residual sand that decided to stick to my clothing.  Looking towards the far horizon, I decided to travel towards the setting sun to find what I needed.

[ID: 65685]
[LD: 2+5] Nothing

Total Treasure
22 Mats
4800 Col

Edited by Hirru
  • 2 weeks later...

While exploring the lonely grains of sands that seemed to endlessly flow along the land, I came to find something that was quite interesting, though I have seen them from time to time.  Obelisks from a lost civilization of another age jutted out from the sands that once obscured them.  I look upon them with wonder sometimes, as I think about the people that created these out of whatever material that they could use, which has stood the test of time to be here today.  What was their people like before whatever took their livelihood away from them?  Why did they die out and become apart of the history under the sands of time?  These were a few of the many questions I asked myself as I gazed upon the ruined sculpture before a ping came through.  Immediately, I began the sword art, Lightning Fall, to catch anything that was creeping up on me in an explosive shock wave of energy.  They didn't stand much of a chance, which turned out to be more scorpions.  I must be coming up on their nest again.

Spoiler

[ID: 66142]
[BD: 6+2] Hit
[Sword Art: Lightning Fall] 1x7x11 = 77-15 = 62 AOE
[LD: 14+5] 
 Col Bonus = 1200 Col (60x5x4) & Mat Bonus = 4 (1x4)

Hirru - [120 / 120 hp ~ 16 / 30 en] (-14 en)

Total Treasure
30 Mats
6000 Col

Edited by Hirru

With the sudden appearance of the scorpions so close to the ruins, that meant that their nest wasn't too far off, so I needed to conserve my energy.  Instead of waiting for more to appear, I decided to run as fast as I could to the nearest concentration of obelisks.  For some reason, these ruins served as a safe zone within the desert, just as some oasis' become at times.  They were actually placed at specific increments to keep adventures from dying so easily from getting lost in the vast desert, which seems weird to everyone, even myself, that the creator of this world would let something like this exist.  Though, I don't know what the other players mean, I'm quite pleased to have something like this around.  Venturing through the desert has become quite the chore.  I would like to move on to something more challenging and less hot. 

[ID: 66148]
[LD: 11+5] +1 Mat

Total Treasure
31 Mats
6000 Col

Edited by Hirru

Something didn't seem right with the area.  That was my first thought when I entered the 'would-be' safe zone as I passed through its protective barriers, or lack there of.  Normally, a safe zone had specific obelisks that would project a thin barrier around the area that mobs could not breach.  No one really understood what made them work except for some towns people that believed in the 'ancient technology' of the lost civilization.  I don't know myself, but it seemed like they had lost their power, for some reason.

It didn't take me long to figure out why.  My Search skill began to ping towards one of the obelisks that seemed to be giving a feint green glow.  Cautiously, I approached the obelisk to investigate the anomaly.  It seemed to react to my presence, and glow a bit brighter than before.  Deciding to reach out with my free hand while keeping my sword hand at the read, I touched the ruined vestige.  Interestingly, it stopped glowing as some mechanical sounds came from underground, just as the sand began to part ways revealing a stairway into the buried ruins.

"Good times are coming, I see.  Let's end this day right!"

[ID: 66172]
[LD: 19+7] Advanced Intermediate Dungeon found!

[0 / 10 Mobs cleared]
[0 / 1 Bosses cleared]

Total Treasure
31 Mats
6000 Col

Edited by Hirru

Cautiously, I stepped down into the ruins through the stairwell that had opened to find myself in a series of corridors.  The first seemed to branch off in many directions, presumably into many small rooms that I would have to explore separately to find my objective, whatever that was.  If this was another scorpion nest, then I would find another queen around the area, but there may be something more that I had not predicted.  Until I figure out what it is, I'll be running blind through this area.  Though, I wouldn't be much of a hunter, if I didn't check everything.

My search started with the first couple of turns that could be achieved from the start.  The area was barely lit by cracks in the ceiling that would spill light and sand into the area.  Sometimes, the sand would block most of the corridor to which I couldn't pass without digging my way through.  Beyond were some empty rooms with nothing noticeable or valuable.

[ID: 66176]
[LD: 6+5] Nothing

[0 / 10 Mobs cleared]
[0 / 1 Bosses cleared]

Total Treasure
31 Mats
6000 Col

Edited by Hirru

I returned to the original corridor to find myself in another room, with similar glyph marks from the obelisks above.  Most of them resided on four distinct boxes on the walls.  They seemed to be fairly ornamental with heavy details inscribed onto each one.  It was the first time in a while that he had seen anything like this.  These resembled many of the coffins from the tenth floor, in which many of the undead mobs would spawn from.  'Were there undead mobs on other floors too?', I thought to myself as I examined them more closely.  They must have been proximity activated, as when I got closer, the runes flashed red before the lids of the coffins fell forward, exposing their contents to the open air.  They seem to be corpses wrapped in bandages.  Their name would come to me when their eyes opened.

Mummy
HP: 40
DMG: 20
MIT: 10

They shambled out of their confines, and headed towards me.  I held Oath in my sword hand while preparing a weaker AOE attack.  These things were decrepit, and wouldn't need anything powerful to destroy them permanently.  Sure enough, my sword art plowed through them with ease.  Unfortunately, there wasn't anything else in the room, so I had to turn back for now. 

Spoiler

[ID: 66193]
[BD: 5+2] Hit
[Sword Art: Sharp Nail] 3x2x11= 66-10(Mit)= 56 AOE
[LD: 12+5] +1 Mat each (Non-combat)

Hirru - [120 / 120 hp || 18 / 30 en] (-12 en)

Mummy 1~4 [0 / 40 hp] (-56 hp)

[4 / 10 Mobs cleared]
[0 / 1 Bosses cleared]

Total Treasure
35 Mats
6000 Col

Edited by Hirru

Going back into the previous corridor, I began to become more cautious of the walls around me.  With the knowledge that there were undead mobs in this area, and my previous experience while on the tenth floor, I knew that they could also have astral forms to pass through walls.  I needed to find the next room quickly without any chance occurrences with any of those types of enemies.  They were particularly hard to fight against, as one had to perform special actions before they could be "exorcised," or so the village elders say.  Personally, I just wanted to defeat the boss of this area and leave.  I need to prove that I am truly strong enough to continue the fight with my brothers.

I found another room with the same runes and sarcophagi as before.  It didn't take a few steps for me to activate their trap.  It also didn't take too long for me to get rid of the mummified corpses as they came at me.  My energy was getting low, but I could probably handle a few more.  That being said, there was nothing else in this room, except for a door that would lead to another room.  Hopefully, this would be the end. 

Spoiler

[ID: 66240]
[BD: 6+2] Hit
[Sword Art: Sharp Nail] 3x2x11= 66-10(Mit)= 56 AOE
[LD: 15+5] +1 Mat each (Non-combat)

Hirru - [120 / 120 hp || 7 / 30 en] (+1 en / -12 en)

Mummy 5~8 [0 / 40 hp] (-56 hp)

[8 / 10 Mobs cleared]
[0 / 1 Bosses cleared]

Total Treasure
39 Mats
6000 Col

Edited by Hirru

I opened the door into the new area to find myself in a room full of riches and treasure.  The room glistened from the gold that encompassed everything in this room.  It was nearly blinding to be sure, as it fairly contrasted against the dull, sand eroded corridors that span the rest of these ruins.  After my eyes started to settle, I could see the brilliance of everything before me.  Several crates full of little jars with animal faces on them, while there were a few statues with the same faces.  I remember that a few of the runes that I've seen around the ruin had those faces, as well.  It seemed to be their ancient language, or so I thought.  I didn't get enough time to understand my surroundings.

From behind me, two more of those creatures came at me.  Without much energy to waste, I had to use one of my weaker attacks to end the both of them quickly.  Unfortunately, the sword art didn't have enough power, and they struck me.  Fury's thorns seemed to finish the job.

When the mummies shattered, I heard an unpleasant sound from behind me.  I turned to find that there was one more sarcophagus in the treasure room, and it was about to open.  With everything left in me, I quickly jumped back into the other room, and closed the door.  A force that felt like something unearthly came upon the door as I braced myself.

I found the boss..   

Spoiler

[ID: 66240]
[BD: 9+2] Crit +1
[Sword Art: Vertical Square] 4x1x12= 48-10(Mit)= 38 AOE
[MD: 7-1] Hit (20-25(Mit)= 1x2= 2 Dmg) [Thorns hit = 14 dmg]
[CD: 11] Regen +32 (18x2)
[LD: 17+5] +1 Mat each (Non-combat)

Hirru - [120 / 120 hp || 0 / 30 en] (+1 en / -8 en / -2 hp / +32 hp[regen])

Mummy 9~10 [0 / 40 hp] (-38 hp / -14 hp [thorns])

[10 / 10 Mobs cleared]
[0 / 1 Bosses cleared]

Total Treasure
41 Mats
6000 Col

Edited by Hirru

There I sat against the door where the boss was constantly banging on the door leading into it.  It was the only thing that I could really do now that my energy was completely depleted.  It was a miracle that I could even move as I was trying to catch my breath from the over use of all that I had.  Thankfully, it seemed that my body was enough to keep the door from bursting open from the force of the thing behind it.  I didn't get a good look at the boss, but from the force that was being applied to the door, I could tell that I was not going to have an easy battle against this thing.  I should have brought someone with me to help out, but I needed to do this on my own.  I won't be able to call this my victory, if I did.

Edited by Hirru