[SP-F5] A Hunter's Life // Road to 300 Mats part 4 (COMPLETE)

My breathing seemed to be getting better, but that was just a side effect of my own mind.  The other adventurers tell me that everything that I'm experiencing is just something that my mind was accustom to.  It was a way to show that I was exhausted, for the most part.  It was definitely working, as my energy slowly recharged I could not move as much as I could before.  Though, in my heart I knew that this was something that should be, as a human being.  Why else would I need to eat, sleep and breath when everyone else says that I don't need it.  Why do they do it to?  We're all human; everyone of us!  They feel love and fear, just like anyone else.  They're exhausted from the front lines to the frightened majority on the first floor.  

I shuffled a little while keeping myself propped against the door, which still carried the occasional thumping against it.  The enemy must really want to get to me.

While I sat there against the door, I felt something unusual in one of the pockets of my trousers.  I felt around until the cold touch of a bottle came to me.  Pulling it out, I found that it was one of the wasp energy potions that I had Grave make for me.  When I saw that little bottle, a smirk came to me before I starting chuckling to myself.  I had commissioned these so long ago, that I forgot I even had them.  If I had known of their existence before then I wouldn't be having this exhaustion problem, or other problems that could easily be solved with a simple buffering through certain origins.  Of course, I could take it now, but my energy was rising fast enough.

Soon enough, I had enough energy to get back up.  The banging on the door became infrequent, which made me think that the boss was finally giving up.  I dusted myself off from the sand that had fallen through the cracks in the ceiling.  As I turned to open the door to the other room, I noticed that something wasn't right.  There wasn't a door anymore.

What took its place seemed to be something like the undead mummified mobs from before, but this one seemed bigger and decorated in some of the golden treasures that filled the room beyond.  With that, there seemed to be a plethora of beetles that seemed to form around where the creature stood.  They circled around its feet while some stragglers followed on from the room behind them.  That must have been what was attacking the door so much to get to me.

Pharaoh
HP: 300
DMG: 35

Immediately, the Pharaoh pointed towards me with one of the gold sticks that it carried.  A few of the beetles flew at me to which I rolled away from.  When I was evenly on my feet, I put myself into a position for an attack.  Oath began to glow an emerald hue before the two shot out at the undead king.  Five thrusts to the chest before three slashes crossed its midsection.  I jumped back afterwards, before the beetles could attack me from its feet.

[ID: 66289]
[BD: 3+2+1] Hit (Concentration used)
[Sword Art: Howling Octave] 8x1x11= 88 dmg
[MD: 3-1] Miss

Hirru - [120 / 120 hp || 22 / 30 en] (-8 en)

Pharaoh - [212 / 300 hp] (-88 hp)

Total Treasure
41 Mats
6000 Col

Edited by Hirru

As I fell back to as far as I could in the confines of the small room that we fought in, the Pharaoh's beetles flew at me at his command.  It took all that I could to brake my momentum from before to dodge out of the way of the insects as they flew into the wall behind me.  I was sure that if I didn't keep moving then I would be hit by one of its attacks, and I couldn't figure if it was stronger than the mummies or not.  It seemed to be only attacking from a distance with the beetles, but that could change soon enough.  As with any boss, its tactics should change when its health was dropped past a certain threshold.

I positioned myself in the same manner as before and let loose with another volley of sword arts to penetrate the mass of health that the Pharaoh held.  When I was done, its health was in the yellow at about one third left before it was defeated.  I decided to stay near it this time to see what would happen.

[ID: 66290]
[BD: 10+2] Crit +2
[Sword Art: Howling Octave] 8x1x13= 104 dmg
[MD: 6-1] Miss

Hirru - [120 / 120 hp || 15 / 30 en] (+1 en / -8 en)

Pharaoh - [108 / 300 hp] (-104 hp)

Total Treasure
41 Mats
6000 Col

Edited by Hirru

As I thought would happen, the creature seemed to be changing its tactic as its health was dropping.  It's appearance seemed to also change.  The bandages around its face were tearing way and showing the wrinkled yet preserved face underneath.  The glow of its red eyes seemed to become more prominent now.  It screamed out at me while linking the two golden rods together.  When they did, two curved blades appeared from both ends to make a two handed double-bladed staff, or something along those lines.

I prepared myself for another wave of the beetles, just in case, while enabling another Howling Octave.  As it activated, so to did Pharaoh unleash an attack on me.  It seemed to have learned a bit from our battle and was equaling me in melee combat.  For every blow that I dealt, it did the same towards me.  Though, I don't know if it had the same effect on me, as Fury kept most of the damage at bay.  However, this boss was able to pinpoint areas that the thorns would not activate from.  It worried me, but the boss was in the red by the end of our exchange.

One more attack should do it.

[ID: 66291]
[BD: 7+2] Hit
[Sword Art: Howling Octave] 8x1x11= 88 dmg
[MD: 9-1] Crit +1 (36-25= 11 dmg)
[CD: 11] Regen +18 hp

Hirru - [120 / 120 hp || 8 / 30 en] (+1 en / -8 en / -11 hp / +18 hp)

Pharaoh - [20 / 300 hp] (-88 dmg)

Total Treasure
41 Mats
6000 Col

Edited by Hirru

I didn't wait for a chance to regain my posture, and instead used a normal attack to get through.  This was met with a similar counterattack from the Pharaoh as he attacked me straight on with the duo-bladed polearm.  It was much more powerful than I thought, especially now that its health was drained into the red.  It was using desperation attacks against me, as I was doing the same.  Our blades clashed again and again before we finally jumped back for one last strike.  We both ran towards each other with blades aglow before raising our weapons to strike.  We both hit our marks, causing heavy damage to both of us.  Unfortunately for the boss, I still had armor on.  Most of the damage was mitigated while the rest was healed by the regeneration effect.  The mummified corpse of a king fell to one knee before giving its death screams.  It finally shattered into thousands of shards of light.

I sighed in relief to be done with this place.  Soon after defeating the Pharaoh, I got a list of things that I won throughout the dungeon, as well as, a special message:

New Skill Rank Unlocked:

Grandmaster
One Handed Straight Sword

Did I obtain a new strength?  I thought to myself while swiping the information away.  I would look at it later, when I had the time.  For now, I needed to get back into town, and sell some of these materials.

[ID: 66309]
[BD: 9+2] Crit +1
[Sword Art: Snake Bite] 2x1x12= 24 dmg
[MD: 9-1] Crit +1 (36-25= 11 dmg)
[CD: 8] Regen +18 hp
[LD: 1] (5+1)x70 = 770 Col

Hirru - [120 / 120 hp || 8 / 30 en] (+1 en / -1 en / -11 hp / +18 hp)

Pharaoh - [0 / 300 hp] (-24 hp)

Summary

3 SP

(1 thread + 2 Intermediate sub-dungeon)
45 Mats
(41 hunting + 4 sub-dungeon)
7170 Col
(6000 hunter + 400 thread + 770 sub-dungeon)

Edited by Hirru