[OP-NK-F1] Falling in Reverse: The Origin of Corruption

The wanderer raises a small dark red crystalline container high into the air. Using the sun, the wanderer tried to study the strange liquid that was stored inside it. "Just what did I make exactly." The wanderer was the creator if this peculiar sample of a tonic, but what exactly it did was completely unknown to him. "What can it do? For how long does the effect last? Who can be effected by the potion?" All these questions circled the wanderer's mind to no end. If he were to sell this, he will have to face the possible repercussions  of selling an unknown potion that could do who knows what. There was only one way to test this item. He had to use it himself. But the unknowingness flustered the wanderer's mind. What if this potion could kill him? Although fairly leveled up already, he is still prone to dying easily. Perhaps he could find another person to test the potion for him.

The wanderer stood up from his bench and began to take a few steps to look for a possible test subject, when the wanderer accidentally tripped over a rock that he didn't see. As he fell he tightly grasped the container to try to protect it. Unfortunately, it wasn't enough. As the wanderer landed on the ground, so too did his fist and with his fist, the container. The container shattered in his palms leaving red marks. They looked that of the normal red marks you get when you get damaged, but this had a throbbing sensation. Now, the wanderer stares at his hands, bugged eyed. What exactly has he made..

vv Read below if you wish to be infected vv :)

Spoiler

Item: Essence of Corruption
Item Type:
 Potion
Tier: 1
Quality: Good
Enhancement: -
Description: A dark red liquid in a small crystalline container. If a drop of the liquid touches a player, a red and black mark would slowly spread out on the skin starting from the first contact. If another player touches the infected area, they will also become infected. Any reactions or "side effects" of this is all done by the players themselves; there is no real side effects of this infection at all other than the red marks. This is all for the sake of RP and some apocalypse fun. :3 And reactions or "side effects" of this is all done by the players themselves. So the side effects could be anything that the players themselves think is happening to them. Blindness, loss of hearing, violent rages, etc. This causes a paranoia that is cause by the unknowing of the infection. In reality, however, the only real effect is the red mark that's slowly spread on the skin.

Note: This is in a safe zone and it's an NK thread, so going violent will cause no damages. :)

Edited by Rain

Xion sighed as he wandered the first floor of Aincrad, enjoying his day off, he had no guild duties, no quests to do, and no lower levels to aid. "What a nice day to take a break...bloody need it after being hit in the face so many times...bloody field bosses" the tank said to himself, referring to his fights with field bosses recently that had involved him being struck many a time. He wandered merrily, aimlessly walking around, searching for something to do, until he heard something. Someone falling over, the shattering of glass, the spilling of liquid. "Wha...?" he  mumbled as he turned to see another player, Rain, on the floor, his hands marked red as he stared at them in shock. "Rain...what's wrong...?" he asked

"It's nothing... just a potion of mine that broke. I wanted to see what it can do, but I fell and it broke in my hands.." The wanderer stared at his hands. He knew he got scars from the bottle, but there's no way those scars would've stay this long. It's a safe zone for god's sake. He should be perfectly fine, but for some unknown reason, the red mark on his hand wasn't going away. As he stared the mark, he noticed it pulsed. Not only noticed, he felt the pulse. And with each pulse it seemed as the though the mark grew, little by little. Ever so slowly spreading through his hands, like a little evil seed slowly taking root. He knew something wasn't right, but this was his potion. He can fix it... he hopes.

Xion looked at the man with concern, the marks on his hands seemed to be pulsing, growing like a corruption or disease. "Are you sure, here, let me help you up..." the tank said with a smile, walking over to the man and grabbing him by the hand, pulling the other player to his feet. "I'm sure it's just a glitch or error of some kind, it can't be that ba-" Xion stopped mid sentence, shocked by what he saw...the marks....the marks on Rain's hands had spread to Xion's right palm, pulsing, beginning to grow like those on the other player did. "What...what the [censored] have you created Rain...?"

"No... No no no no no!" Just what is this thing? Something that passed along from one person to another? Almost like a disease, slowly spread from one person to another. No there has to be more to this. Just what is this thing?

The wanderer now watched as the red mark that slowly spread across the wanderer's hands now has infected Xion and began to slowly infect him. "What madness is this? What monstrosity have I created?" The wanderer was taken aback as Xion began to panic. He knows he has to fix this before it spread far and wide.

Khrysaor had some time off, so he went to one of his favorite parks to rest and watch the clouds. At the moment he was having a nice snooze, when suddenly he was startled awake by what seemed like some frantic and scared noises coming from the distance. His head jerked upwards and twisted his head left and right with a confused daze, and said, "Huh huh, wh... whats happening? Where am I and what is that disturbance." He looked around some more and remembered he was in the park and was taking a nap. He got up slowly and decided to check out what was going on. He made sure to walk slowly to the sounds, and pulled out his sword and thought, 'Just in case.' As he turned the corner he could hear the noises coming from behind the tree, so swiftly he went up to the tree and peeked around it. He sighed, it looked like nothing serious was going on, and re-sheathed his sword. He wondered what the two players were up to. He recognized one of them as his wandering friend, but the other one he had no clue who he was. He went around the tree and allowed for his presence to be known and as he approached he called out, "Hey, guys. How are you doing? Whats with all the screaming? It can be heard from across the town."

Bhairyuu had also been in the park for several hours before and had been indulging in his most favorite hobbies of painting, reading mystery novels and was currently in the midst of playing against himself while resting under the shade of a large tree when he too heard the sounds of what seemed like someone screaming in either utter panic or abject terror and he swore under his breath

"Kuso!...Can't a guy get even a day of peace and quiet around here?...And who the hell is making all that ruckus?...Damn, my concentration is ruined now and my mood as well so might as well go see what's up..."

With that, he packed up and headed off in the direction of the noise and lo and behold, he saw his new buddy Khrys initiating a conversation with two males, one of whom he recognized as Rain but of the other he knew nothing. So Bhairyuu decided to just hang back for the time being and see what the situation was all about and let Khyrsaor take front and center in his stead. 

Edited by Bhairyuu

"N-no.... get away!" This mustn't.... no..." The wanderer's mind was flustered. He couldn't think straight. Not even striaght enough to speak properly. As he began to stumble upon his words, the wanderer fell back to the ground. He wanted to keep his distance from everyone else, as to not infect anyone else, but his fears just froze him still. He could not move his legs at all. He still kep trying to push away from everyone else, however. Slowly backing from everyone, he tried to crawl away. He knew it was impossible, though. Xion has been infected. Soon, the infection will spread.

• 2 weeks later...

Khrysaor looked at the two panicking players curiously wondering what was wrong with them. Khrysaor could not understand what was causing them to go crazy, since he could not see the infection from where he was standing and cautiously walked closer to Rain who seemed to be trying to crawl away from him. "Come on tell me whats wrong and we can fix this together. I can help you solve whatever it is that is troubling you." said Khrysaor as closed in on Rain. As Khrysaor walked forward, he tripped over a root and some rocks and accidentally fell over onto Rain. He slowly maneuvered his hands to the ground to stand up and as he did he exclaimed, "What the [censored] just happened!?!? Sorry, about that Rain, are ya alright?" He held his hand to his throbbing head and as he did he noticed some strange markings appear on his elbow, and when he inspected the rest of body he saw some on parts of his legs as well. 'What the hell is this? Where did these strange red marks come from?' thought Khrysaor. There were some strange sensations arising from the marks.

Bhairyuu watched silently as Khrysaor arose from his spot and went up to Rain and the other man in an attempt to try to help them, but instead contracted the infection as well. However, instead of going to help the lot of them as any other player would, Bhairyuu decided to stay at a distance and savor the entertainment/amusement he was deriving from watching the three men

"Hmm, should I go and try to be the Good Samaritan?...Nah, it's much more fun to watch those guys go crazy...so I will just stay up here and maybe have some of those acorns I gathered earlier...Yeah, let's go with that plan..." 

He muttered thus to himself and then created a small fire to roast the acorns and then placed about 20 acorns into the middle of the fire and leaned back on his elbows while he waited for the acorns to pop and become popcorn and continued observing Khrysaor, Rain, and the other man with an amused smirk on his thin lips and the glint of mirth in his eyes. Little did he know that soon, his decision to hang back would actually end up with him in a troublesome situation.