[PP-F1] Smelling the Herbs - Earning a Living

His sister had become a cook. They’d both acquired a couple of new items and now he had decided to try and become an alchemist. Gently running his finger along the blade of his dagger Vyrtew grips the hilt sheathing the weapon. “Syn. We need to get a move on if we’re going to meet Teayre.” He said to his sister who was asleep in the bed opposite him. Propping himself up on his elbows the boy sighs. Squinting in the darkness unable to see any signs of movement he grabs his pillow and chucks it over at the sleeping form. “Oi, get up lazy!”

Thud. The blankets came down as Syn sat bolt upright. “Oi, get up lazy!” Was all she could hear. Looking down she spots a pillow lying on the floor, slowly the girl’s eyes came to meet her brother’s “You…” Glowering the girl got up and started to walk towards Vyrtew. Her hand raised as it comes down a resounding slap across the face before she turned equipping her standard set up her curved blade settling at her hip. “Are you just going to sit there?” She snaps at her brother before opening the door and pushing it open she heads out.

The red head was settled down where she had met the twins before. Her eyes closed as she rested against a lone tree. “I wonder what is taking them so long.” Her finger drumming against the leather clad hilt of the muramasa. “Maybe I scared them off.” A loud snap came from her right. Eyes flying open Teayre stands up, pushing the katana out of its sheathe with her left hand, her right gripping the hilt of the weapon. She looks at the wolf who had begun to sneak up on her. “Really? You want to die?”

Left hand going to his braid gently tugging on it. Vyrtew swings his legs over the side of his bed standing up. Lifting his arms up high he stretches small audible pops coming from along his spine and neck. The boy rolls his eyes as he hears the door slam. “Honestly, what am I going to do with her?” Scuffing his feet wearily as he heads to the door he flicks a hand down opening up his menu. His fingers flying as he equips the rest of his equipment. “I really need to work on getting some more gear.”

Stepping out of the safe zone Syn looks around, her eyes catch the red head. “She’ll help us get strong if we provide for her… Sounds about right.” As she was about to approach the higher level she stops spotting a wolf growling at Teayre. Stepping backwards Syn slips behind a tree breathing quickly. Her heart felt as if it was going to explode out of her chest. Her hand clenching into a fist she holds it over her heart. “IS that really a mob. Is it going to…” She slips down the tree. “Teayre!” she calls out her knees pulling up to her chest

“Teayre!” The voice of Syn was shrill in her ears. The crimson maiden sighs her katana flicking out of its sheathe for a second. The wolf leaping towards her and connecting with the long steel blade. Turning around the crimson maiden calls out to Syn. “Come on out. Nothing’s going to hurt you.” Pressing her hand to her head after she had sheathed the muramasa. She strides over towards the tree looking at the girl. “Where’s your brother? You two are never separate.” Her left hand wrapped gently around the hilt of the muramasa whilst she red head offered her other hand out to Syn.

ID: 62438 BD: 6 (2 + 4 ACC) CD: 3 LD: 11 MD: 1

Teayre: 185/185 Energy: 44/45 (Standard Swing of sword)
Wolf: 0/4 1 Mit – Tonnes of damage

Edited by Teayre

“I’m going to be late aren’t I.” Letting out another heavy sigh as he leaves the Hogsback Inn, his white locks whipping in front of his eyes as a breeze takes hold of them. Walking through the winding streets of Starting City Vyrtew gently grips his dagger kept in its back sheathe. He slips into a nearby alchemy shop and looks at the npc his mouth opening. “I want to learn to be an alchemist.” The npc smiles and nods. “Gather me a Tree’s Gill and a wolf’s fin. Then meet me by in The Old Oak inn.” Nodding Vyrtew turns and head out of the shop, moving to the entrance to starting city.

Syn watched, her mouth slightly agape, as Teayre cut down the wolf with ease. As the red head came round to her she backed against the tree some more pressing tightly to it. Her eyes opening wide as a hand was offered to her. Reaching up she grabs the hand and pulls herself forward and up looking the red head in the eyes. A single word formed on her lips. “Why?” She said her lips thin and curled into a half smile. “Thank you.” She says nodding at Teayre, turning her head she waves over at the figure she spots in the distance. “Vyrtew! Over here!”

“Why?” The crimson maiden just shrugged at the question. “You look like someone I used to know.” Her eyes scrunched up as the Syn shouted over to her brother. Turning she glares at the girl gently smacking her on the head. “Oi! Shouting too loud.” Shaking her own head slowly she looks over to see Vyrtew standing at the borderline of the safe zone. “Honestly, come on over I’m not going to bite. I need you two alive to provide me with the buffs I want come on. I’ll speak to a friend of mine. See if I can get the pair of you some reasonable equipment for your level.” With that she opens up her menu and her fingers like lightning sends a message to someone.

Vyrtew drew his dagger and started to run over towards the pair of girls as he saw Teayre’s hand raise and hit his sister on his head. Letting out a cry of anger he comes to a halt as she turns and starts speaking before he gets close at all “G-Gear? Why would you do that? It doesn’t make sense…” Turning his head he smiles at the sight of the black trench coat and the white hair of his twin. “Glad to see you didn’t get lost. I managed to pick up the starting quest on the way here. I’ve got to gather a tree’s gill and a wolf’s fin then head to The Old Oak Inn.”

“Someone you used to know?” Syn mused back looking at Teayre with her eyebrows raised. Her brother turned up before she could press the girl anymore and the adolescent glared at her brother. Sticking her tongue out as he jibed her. “Says you.” She retorts before looking at Teayre again. “So who do I remind you of? You can’t just say that and then not tell me.” Placing her hands on her hips Syn gives an icy glare to Teayre. “Shut up Vyr, I want her to explain.”

Letting out a small sigh, “I’m going to have to curb that habbit really.” Looking the white haired girl up and down Teayre places a hand on her head. “I’ll say it in one word.” Pausing for a moment Teayre takes in a deep breath before exhaling. “Liss.” She said almost in a whisper. Gently pushing Syn away with the butt of her hand she turns to her soon to be alchemist, glinting in her eyes. “Right so are you ready? First thing we need to do is get the tree’s gill. Best place would be trees by a river.” Setting off in the direction of a small farm that she had often visited Teayre closes her eyes momentarily.

Grinding his teeth together at his sisters snappishness. Vyrtew’s hand slips to the dagger opening and closing around the hilt. “Really Syn. You’re that-“ He begins before Teayre places a hand on the girl’s head. “Liss.” He stopped. “Did she really just say that name?” Shaking his head the boy looks at Teayre as she starts to speak to him nodding. He begins to follow her. Stopping for a moment by a tree he begins to look up and down it. As if he was searching for something. Finding a scale like piece of bark he gently prizes it open, reaching inside he pulls out a small bit of soft wood that was rotten all the way through.

ID: 62439 LD: 14 Nothing Found

Edited by Vyrtew

Syn’s mouth drops even more as Teayre said the name “Liss”. Stopping in her tracks completely the girl looks as her brother and the crimson maiden just begin to walk off as if nothing had happened. Running in front of the red head Syn places her hand on the girl’s chest. “Just stop for a second. The name you said Liss? How did you know her? Did she look like me? Which part of Japan are you from?” Her voice was fast, as if there wasn’t enough air in the world for the girl to use to get the words out quick enough. “I hope she’s honest. If she knows Liss then… I wonder if she knows what happened to her…”

The boy had stopped. The girl follow her and then stopped the red head in her tracks by placing a hand on her chest. Glowering at the girl Teayre opens he mouth to speak. “If you want to live. Move your hand and get out of my way girl.” The red head’s left hand moved to hilt of the muramasa, her thumb pushing the tsuba exposing the blade. “I’d move now.” "That's it draw blood." Her voice was low as she raised her right hand over the girl’s arm that was extended in front of her and gripped the hilt of her blade. “If you earn my trust I’ll tell you what I know about Liss, her father.” Pausing for a moment Teayre opens her mouth as if to say something else before closing it again. Shaking her head. “Now Move!”

Vyrtew looked up and say Teayre drawing her blade with his sister just in front of him. “TEAYRE, WAIT!” He shouts trying to run over his feet tangling up and causing him to fall to the ground. His vision going a dozen shades of red. “She’s going to kill her. My sister. She’s going to kill Syn… I can’t let this happen… No… No…” “NO!” He yells out watching from where he lies prone on the floor clawing at the grass gripping it as he tries to pull himself forwards. Teayre’s voice began to echo in his head. “I need you two alive to provide me with the buffs.”

Syn looked at Teayre and then at her brother as he called out to her. Stepping to the side the white haired girl bowed her head. “Why am I doing this. She’s trying to push me away.” Walking past Teayre, Syn mutters an apology. “Sorry.” She looked up to see her brother falling over and then clawing at the grass running over to him she offers the boy her hand. “It’s okay Vyrtew she won’t hurt us. She might distance herself like everyone else though.” Turning her head to the piece of wood in his hand she asks “Did you get what you needed?”

Not reacting to Syn at all, except the moment she was past her Teayre blasted forwards her blade shooting out and cutting through the pack of wolves that had just begun to close in on the group. Sheathing her blade she turns to the duo. “I’m not going to kill you. Either of you. Something happened recently. I spoke to someone. Who’s close to me. I will eventually be turning back green however I need to prove myself first. I need to prove to myself that I deserve it.” Tossing Vyrtew a small pouch Teayre nods at him. “That’s what I think you need. The oak is this way.” She says and sets off down a small narrow path, but not before placing a mortar and pestle into Vyrtew’s hands.

Item: Mortar and Pestle
Item Type: Miniature Masterpiece
Quality: Perfect
Enhancement: 1 Extra Crafting Attempt Per Day
Description: A clay fired mortar and pestle.

ID: 62446 BD: 10 (6 + 4 ACC) CD: 5 LD: 18 (16 + 2 LD) MD: 1

Teayre: 185/185 EN:44/45 (Standard Strike Used)
Wolf: deaded

Edited by Teayre

“W-what?” Vyrtew’s mouth dropped to the floor as he watched Teayre decimate the pack of wolves that had begun to sneak up onto his Sister. “T-thanks.” He says, his eyes narrowing at the red head before adding the parcel that landed in front of him and the mortar and pestle into his inventory. Rising to his knee he looks his sister in the eyes, “Are you okay?” He says his voice low, his eyes on the back of the red head. As she began to disappear he stood up running after her.

As Vyrtew whispered into her ear the girl in black nodded before standing up and turning. Following the older girl down the path they eventually made it to an inn in the bottom of a Great Oak. Entering through the door Syn’s mouth drops wide. “There’s all this inside of here…” Slowly wandering around the bar bumping into players and NPCs alike she receives quite a few angry glares. Moving over to her friend she keeps close to her “What are we doing here?” she asks quietly.