[PP-F3] Head first <Itzal, Teayre, Syn>

Itzal went out silently once again during the night hours.  He was determined to get some training done, and he wanted to explore as well.  He heard about a few mobs causing npcs trouble by a lake.  He equipped his straight sword, sighing as he was eager for his new sword that he ordered not long ago.  After equipping himself he went ahead and began the walk.  He looked up, pleased to see that it was a cloudless night, allowing the gentle moonlight and stars to shine.  It was these times that he enjoyed the most.  Sometimes he loved the night time better than the day.  He smiled to himself.

"What could possibly go wrong tonight?"

Edited by Itzal

The screams that echoed from within the Forest of Wavering Mist, at first they had caused the red head to shiver. Now though, they brought a smile to her lips. The stars twinkled gently as the girl emerged from the trees once again and settled down by a small grove. Watching elves run backwards and forwards, the odd player appearing and killing some of the monsters which lurked. She couldn’t help but lean backwards and gaze up towards the sky. “Maybe… One day.” She was lost in her thoughts reaching a hand up before closing it around the moon. Another shriek lingering in the air.

Itzal kept an eye out for anything he could pick up that Adhae could use for cooking.  She made pretty good food and Itzal was always eager to have some.  As he walked passed a forest however he heard a scream.  He honestly couldn't tell whether or not it was an npc screaming or a player, but either way it tore at his soul.  He waited a moment to see if it was his imagination.  It wasn't.  The second scream caused him to flinch.  He realized that this was happening and dashed for the forest.  He quickly equipped Niger Natio and Retributor, pulling the hood and face piece up as he made his way into the shadows of the trees.  Once there he scaled up the tree and found a place to perch.  He waited a moment before he heard the scream again and began leaping from tree to tree in the general direction of the scream without a sound.  Whatever was going on, he intended to put an end to it.

The trees rustled above her. The sound too large, too uncouth to be any of the monsters that lurked in the trees. Looking up Teayre spots a player leaping from the trees, making his way deeper into the forest. “Is this your first time on this floor little squirrel?” The red head calls out, a small grin on her face as she laughs. Settling down next to the tree the muramasa resting on her shoulder with her left hand draped over the sheathed blade her right hand on her knee.

Itzal was drawing closer to the source of the horrible sounds when he heard a player call out to him.  He stopped his progress and scanned the area quickly, finding her among the trees.  He was severely upset that he missed her when he scanned the forest.  He'd have to get search and detect soon.  He didn't mind her comment.  Whenever players caught him doing this he'd be called that or monkey.  Some found his ability to scale and travel among the trees amazing while others, probably like this woman, to be amusing.  Then he realized that he'd been spotted easily.  He shook his head and decided a sneak skill should be the first skill he should get.  Another scream echoed the forest and he looked back in the general direction of the sound.

"Are you just going to sit there while someone is in pain?" he asked, just loud enough for her to hear.

“Someone in pain?” Teayre laughs in a reply, “You really don't know anything do you.” the girl pauses as yet another scream sounds. “Those screams aren't the screams of players.” “No they're much less satisfying.” She thinks, a smug smile coming to her face. “It's one of the quirks of this floor. The Forest of Wavering Mists. That's where we are now, the labyrinth inside of this place is where these screams come from. If you want to go to your doom feel free.”

Casting an eye over the player properly her smile twists into a smirk, “I reckon you wouldn't last long anyway.” Raising a finger she points to a minotaur that comes bounding through the woods. “If you can kill that thing, I'll give you some help.” Shifting slightly in her perch on the roots of the tree Teayre keeps one eye open as she watches what Itzal will do.

The minotaur that came charging towards them raised it's axe swinging down towards the player, letting out an almighty roar. It watched as the black hair boy evaded its attack. Narrowing its eyes the monster paws the ground with its left hoof.

So what will you do?” Her voice echoed through the wood to the boy.

ID: 63652 BD: Disregarded as not used CD: Disregarded as not used LD: Disregarded as not used MD: 5 (7 – 2 EVA)

Teayre: 189/189 EN: 46/46

Itzal: 24/24 EN: 6

Minotaur Fledgling: 8/8 (2 MIT)
6 DMG on Hit

Edited by Teayre

Itzal barely had time to evade the giant ax that appeared out of nowhere but he was fast and leaped out of the way.  When he landed he saw the woman smiling at him.  It was an unsettling smile that felt familiar.  Where have I seen that smile before?  For some reason the word man popped up in his head.  He shook it away, focusing on the moment.  His target was a minotaur with a huge ax.  Well, a fledgling at least.  He narrowed his hidden eyes on his target.  Yes he was a low level, but that didn't mean he was completely helpless.  Then again, she was probably at a high level herself.  She might actually be using him for amusement.  But he'd deal with that when the time came.  Right now he had a minotaur to deal with.

The beast made another hack at him but since he had the advantage of high ground he easily dodged it.  He drew Retributor and let it's void black blade soak in the dark red glow of his sword art as he jumped down, striking at it's waist and under it's arm.  It roared and swung it's ax again, but Itzal used that to his advantage and jumped off of the blade, landing on the branches once again.  Itzal knew that with huge opponent's like this a hit-and-run tactic was always best.  Especially when alone.

ID#  63662

BD:  6

MD:  7 (-2 evasive)

Result

----------

Itzal:  24/24 <> 4/6 energy

Teayre:  189/189 <> 46/46 energy

Minotaur:  4/8 (base dmg:  3 <snake bite used -2 energy (3x2x1=6 - 2 MIT) = 4 damage)

Edited by Itzal

Teayre couldn't stifle her laugh in time and it echoed out as Itzal performed several acrobatic stunts. “Well, I can' blame you.” She says, her other eye opening and following the black haired boy. The girl nodded as she watched the boy score a hit along the minotaur's rib cage before retreating back into the safety of the trees.

Letting out another roar as his blade misses, the small creature beneath him striking at his flank. Glaring at him, nostrils flaring his mighty axe swinging again. Muscles rippling as the boy avoids the attack. Following it up with another swing he aims into the tree, missing Itzal completely and instead his axe swiftly chopping the tree down.

ID: 63693 BD: Ignored CD: Ignored LD: Ignored MD: 4 (6 – 2 EVA)

Itzal: 24/24 EN: 4/6
Teayre: 189/189 EN: 46/46

Minotaur: 4/8

Edited by Teayre

Itzal stared at the falling tree for a moment.  It was probably just going to spawn back again but he was still surprised that the beast cut it in one blow.  It really was strong.  Itzal jumped, appearing to make the same move he had before, then pushed off from the tree and again from another, changing the angle of his attack at the last second.  To his misfortune the beast hadn't noticed him until after the change and swung an ax in his direction.  His mind raced faster than ever and he had an idea.  He lowered his blade so that the ax met Retributor, then he twisted his body so his feet were over the ax, and let go.  As soon as he did, his feet made contact with the minotaur and he let himself fall to the ground before it's hand slammed into it's torso.  He quickly made distance between them but the ax was quick to follow.  It made swift chops over and over again, too quick and precise for him to do anything but dodge the attacks.  He had to make a change in tactics.

ID:  63701

BD:  3

MD:  1

CD:  3

Result-nothing changes

----------

Itzal:  24/24 <> 4/6 energy

Teayre:  189/189 <> 46/46 energy

Minotaur:  4/8

Edited by Itzal

The boy was dodging the minotaur's relentless attacks. The beast let out a howl and twisted it's hand at the last second the weapon catching Itzal's chest. Howling in excitement the creature turns to see two larger minotaurs emerging from deeper in the woods. Her eyes flicked open at the howl from the beast two more minotaurs appeared. Without a second of hesitation Teayre stands up her blade flashing as she dashes in striking the pair that had turned up at the last second, their weapons coming down towards her as her blade is entering its sheath. Her damage was done. The speed in which the red head had attacked them was too much causing them to stumble back before dispersing into crystals.

Looking over at Itzal, the girl spots the tell tale signs of damage fading. She smiles again, this time it was a warm smile. Yelling over to the boy, “What's that bracelet mean to you, if it's so special you'll allow yourself to get hit.” Settling down by her tree again she rests the sheathed muramasa on one shoulder, “I'm not going to let anything interfere with your fight.” Just as her eyes were about to clost, a scream sounded through the forest, different this time. This one was the scream from a player. A girl. “Finish the beast now.” She commands, looking between the trees.

Spoiler

ID: 63807 BD: 10 (Nat, Batto Active) CD: 2 LD: 14 (12 + 2 LD) MD: 6 (8 – 2 EVA)

Itzal: 21/24 EN: 4/6 6 DMG - 3 MIT 
Teayre: 189/189 EN: 33/46 Iai Used - (15 + 4 + 2) *10 = 210 DMG 13 Energy

Minotaur: 4/8

Adult Minotaur: 0/150 40 Mit = 170 DMG x 2

2 x Materials Looted

Edited by Teayre

Itzal briefly grimaced at the strike.  He jumped back, landing on a branch and saw the two minotaur emerge from the wood.  'Oh great' he thought.  In a split second however, the redheaded girl cut them both, killing them instantly.  He returned his focus to his current foe but two things caught him off guard:  He barely heard her words but he heard something about a bracelet.  How did she know about it?  Was it hanging over the gauntlet?  He was about to strike at the minotaur when he heard a scream.  His eyes widened with horror.  This wasn't just any npc.  It was an actual player!  With this distraction, the minotaur managed to hit him again, knocking him to the ground.  It roared and laughed but when it looked at him again he was standing.  Not only that, but Itzal was certain that the minotaur could feel his rage.  His eyes burned like white fire, burrowing into the minotaur's nonexistent soul.

With a single movement he shot toward it like lightning, charging his sword with snake bite.  It roared and swung it's ax at him but he dodged it effortlessly.  He let out a roar of anger and pain that a fellow player was close to death and didn't bother swinging twice like the sword art typically played out, but sent all it's force through the minotaur's skull, shattering the stupid creature then and there.  He glanced at the redheaded girl.

"We've got to help her!" he cried.  "I may not be able to do it alone.  Will you please help me?"

ID#  63808

BD:  5 (+1 accuracy)

MD:  8

Result

-----------

Minotaur:  0/8  (3 dmg + snake bite - 2 MIT = 4)

Itzal:  18/24  (6 dmg - 3 MIT)

Teayre:  189/189

Edited by Itzal

The red head watched as Itzal's eyes went wide when she mentioned the bracelet. That combined with the scream let the minotaur land a second blow on the boy. Raising any eyebrow she watches as he kills the minotaur she stands up walking over to him. “Calm down for a second.” Teayre snaps, “If you act like that you'll get us both killed. Honestly.” Cocking her head to one side the girl hears several more screams each of them coming from different areas. Only one of them real. Looking back at the boy she reaches out to grab his shoulder. “Seriously, if you want to save someone else. First you need to look after yourself.” Turning she starts walking away from where the some screams were echoing from, marching further into the trees where silence had fallen. “Are you coming or not?”

Itzal couldn't feel his pain but he understood the redheaded girl's statement.  He couldn't do anything if he was dead.  His anger didn't vanish though.  He nodded to her and followed her among the trees.  He was glad Velnia didn't come with him today.  He didn't want her to see him like this.  Nor his friends for that matter.  He shook his head, focusing on the goal.  He sharpened his ears, trying to sort out the different screams while keeping himself calm.  Suddenly he heard a louder cry of pain and stopped.  He looked in the direction of the sound, all other screams absent from his mind.  He saw a tiny clearing up ahead where a tree fell.  He looked at the redhead and she seemed to have spotted it before he did.  'Of course she did, she's obviously a high level dummy'.

"I can scout it out" he said.  "If I distract whatever is attacking her could you take them out from behind?"

Edited by Itzal

Syn had come to the third floor to try and find some more materials for her shop, she wasn’t having much luck however and had wandered into the forest that lurked on this floor. For the most part she had been unseen, her luck had run out recently though a Minotaur had found her. Her eyes had met the deep red of the beasts and she had started to run until she had made her way to a thicket. The trees all blocking her path she turned round, her eyes wide her breathing heavy as she slowly stepped backwards. “I’m going to die.” Was all she could say as the two legged bull cleaved her with his axe.

ID: 64121 BD: 3 CD: 8 LD: 8 MD: 9 (+1 Damage)

Syn: 23/36 EN: 9/9
Teayre: 189/189 EN: 33/46
Itzal: 18/24 EN: 3/6

Minotaur: 30/30
                12 DMG Per Hit, Attacks on Every Turn on a BD roll of 10 the mob deals DOUBLE damage instead of the +2. 

Edited by Syn

Teayre looked at Itzal, nodding once before moving off skirting around the thicket. “As if it’ll need distracting.” Her eyes narrowed as she managed to spot the minotaur through the trees. A small white haired girl fighting it. “Syn.” The red head muttered to herself. Turning her head she couldn’t see Itzal through the trees now, however they were starting to thin. Now the crimson maiden was able to get through the trees. Activating her charge skill she shoots forwards her katana ripping through the minotaur as it turns to face the new opponent. The blade sheathing as it disappears into pixels. Offering her hand to Syn Teayre helps the girl up, “Are you okay?” She asks her eyes narrowing, as she spots the girl’s health bar had dropped a fair bit.

ID: 9 (Natural, +1 Damage) CD: 1 LD: 9 (7 + 2 LD) MD: 3

Syn: 23/36 EN: 9/9
Teayre: 189/189 EN: 31/46 Hi Ougi Used: (15+4 * 3) = 57 DMG
Itzal: 18/24 EN: 3/6

Minotaur: 0/30 Dead
                12 DMG Per Hit, Attacks on Every Turn on a BD roll of 10 the mob deals DOUBLE damage instead of the +2. 

Edited by Teayre

Itzal made it around the same time Teayre did and watched in awe as she moved faster than lightning and took it out with a single hit.  He shook his head and mentally kicked himself, realizing just how far apart they were in levels.  He jumped off his branch and landed safely on the ground, making his way over to the two girls.  He took a look at the newcomer.  She had silver hair, what seemed like really pale blue eyes, wore a black cloak with her hood drawn and wore a trinket in her hair the shape of pink flowers.  He glanced at the curved scimitar and had trouble keeping all the questions of how a curved sword would function in battle out of his head.  He noticed that Teayre knew this girl so he decided to wait until the introductions were complete.  In the meantime he pulled off his hood and mouthpiece.

A flash before her eyes. The minotaur bursting into pixels. Syn blinked, looking through the pixels to see a hand being offered to her from the crimson maiden. “T- Teayre…” Taking the girl’s had she hugs her briefly before letting go. “I’m… I’m sorry I was… I was trying to get materials for my shop so I could… Make you the food you needed…” Syn began to splurge out, sobs happening every so often. Once she’d finished speaking she wiped her eyes on the back of her sleeve and looked up her eyes meeting the boys who had just removed his mask and hood. Looking back and forth between Teayre and him she offered a small smile. “H-hey I’m Syn.” The silver haired girl stuttered out.

The boy finally joined them on the ground, her eyes flicking over to him Teayre nods.  As her hand was taken and she was embrace Teayre’s lips twitch slightly. “Boy, this is Syn, one of my associates.” Teayre glanced between the two, “I’ll leave you two to talk for a bit, you said about wanting materials Syn. I’ll get them for you. Just don’t be an idiot again got it?” The red head’s voice cracked like a whip as she spoke to the girl. Shaking her head she walks out of the clearing. “Now which way do I go?” she mutters to herself before turning to the left and walking through the brush.

Itzal watched Teayre walk off to fetch some materials.

"Not very friendly is she?" he muttered.  Laughing as someone fought a monster by himself, calling him boy, and calling this girl her an idiot and her associate.  This woman obviously wasn't the friendly type.  He sighed and turned to Syn with a gentle smile.  "Nice to meet you Syn," he said nicely and calmly, seeing as how she was still in shock, and raised his hand to shake her own.  "Your a cook?" he asked, hoping for a conversation that could put them both in a calm and friendly atmosphere.  "I was thinking of being a preformer.  Besides video games music was always my hobby.  Though I never did get a chance to play for anyone.  Guess this is my chance so I've been hunting for materials too."  He grinned.  "Not that I'm very good at it.  But when I'm lucky I store a bit for myself and sell some to other players when they need it.  If you want I could help you out a bit."  Despite that he was genuinely interested in her profession, he was just as eager to learn more about her weapon and battle technique.  Still, after all this time in SAO he had been learning to keep his peace until the right moment dawned.  He'd been successful more recently and he intended it to stay that way.

• 1 month later...

An idiot?!” Syn replies her eyes wide as she looked hurt. “I'm not an idiot...” Sitting down in the alcove of trees where she had just been rescued the white haired girl looks at Itzal. “No she really isn't.” The girl agrees. Looking at the boy in front of her she couldn't help smiling alongside his grin it becoming infectious. “I'm not that good to be honest I've only really just started out. Doing the basics.” As she spoke the girl knelt down by a small patch of mushrooms her hand gently tugging at them, gently she plucks several of them free. “A performer? I'd love to hear you play if you did become one you know. Music has always made me happy. Especially when it kept me from hearing my brother.” The white haired girl continues, “Anyways, what about you, how did you meet our most kind and caring friend?”

ID: 66417 LD: 21 (16 + 5 LD) Material Found

1 x Material

Edited by Syn