[PP-F3] <<Worn out Welcome>> A Gift for a Friend (Kooh) - COMPLETED

Cygnus stood outside the armorer's shop. He had sent a message to Kooh just moments ago, asking if she wanted to help him on a quest. He told her that they would be gathering materials for an armorer, but he didn't tell her why he was asking her to come along. The armor that one gained as a reward for completing this quest was intended as a gift for her. He wasn't sure if it would be useful to her, but that wasn't the point to him; it was about doing something nice for a friend. He tapped his foot while he waited for Kooh to come. He was excited to get this quest done and give Kooh her gift. He had always been the type that enjoyed giving gifts more than receiving them. It brought joy to his heart to see how happy a gift can make someone.

Edited by Cygnus
  • Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Hmmm?" Kooh mumbled with interest as the game gave her a notification. Someone had sent her a message. With curiosity, the girl swiped open her menus and pulled up her inbox, seeing a somewhat familiar name shown as the sender. The girl sat with her legs crossed, wasting her day in a plaza of the first floor. She found herself here often, scanning the crowds for something to keep her boredom at bay. A small smile crawled across her lips. 'A quest, huh?' As if her dilemma was answered, Kooh uncrossed her legs and stood herself up, stretching her arms over her head as she stood up on her tiptoes.

"Floor Three, Delilah." Kooh spoke the words simply once she'd reached the teleport gate. The still unfamiliar feeling of her surroundings changing  hit her after she'd been bathed in a bright light. Giving a light shake of her head to get herself acclimated to the different floor, Kooh slipped her hands in her pockets in her usual laid-back stance. She recalled the location Cygnus had described in his message, and soon found the man standing outside of an NPC blacksmith. "Yo." Kooh greeted him with a casual smile once she'd come close enough.

Cygnus waved to Kooh as she came close. "Hey there! Glad you could make it. I had a quest I thought I might need help with and thought of you. Figured you could use a little more XP. Hell, I can too." He approached her. "Okay, so here's a quick rundown of what we'll be doing. We need to gather some materials from a Dark Elf in the..." He pulled up his HUD real fast. "The... Forest of Wavering Mists" He dismissed it. "I'll give you a hint about how we get those materials; we don't ask nicely." He chuckled at his joke. "So, here's what I was thinking. We'll split all the loot right down the middle. Sound fair?" He grinned, of course leaving out that he would be giving the reward for the quest to her. He wanted that to be a surprise.

Kooh only half-listened to Cygnus' explanation of the quest, but nodded appropriately, keeping the smile on her features. "Mm, sounds good!" She gave the man a thumbs-up before returning her hand to rest comfortably in her pocket. The girl bounced up and down on the balls of her feet a couple of times, quickly growing bored of staying in one place.

"Alright, so I hope you're okay leading the way?" She asked, giving the hint that she was ready to go. She assumed Cygnus knew everything necessary to get them there, and hopefully do most of the work. She'd gotten a taste of fighting with her silly weapons since their last training session, but she wasn't exactly jumping at the chance to fight elves or whatever.

Cygnus nodded when Kooh asked if he would be leading the way. "Yes. I know the way." He turned towards where they would be going. "Just be careful. I'd like us both to get back alive." His gift wouldn't do her any good if she was dead, and he wouldn't be able to forgive himself since he did invite her to come along. Plus, she wasn't really all that unpleasant to be around. He smiled to himself and looked back at her. He pushed those thoughts out of his mind and pushed forward. "Okay, we will be heading for the forest. I scouted the area out and the place appears to be crawling with Dark Elves. So they will likely be the main mobs that we face." He turned, heading down the road towards the exit. "If you don't feel confident at any point, just stay behind me. I can hold my own for awhile."

'Great.' Kooh's thoughts brimmed with sarcasm at the idea of the two of them against several elf monsters. Still, Cygnus' words brought a confident smirk to her features. "Hey, don't you worry about me." She said casually, brushing off the serious atmosphere.

The pair reached the gates of Urbus before long, and Kooh had to stop another sour expression from taking over her features. "This place really lives up to its name, huh?" She asked jokingly, referring to the forest just outside of the city's perimeter. Despite the sun shining overhead, a fog visibly blanketed the woods before them.

Cygnus simply nodded when Kooh mentioned she would be okay. He would still keep an eye on her, however. He hadn't fought on this floor before, so he didn't have any direct experience with the power of the mobs here. He didn't mention this, not wanting to worry her. He doubted she would be worried at all, but still, he wanted to keep that bit of information to himself. Her fearless attitude helped to comfort him, though, as did the promise of a glorious battle to come. He looked towards Kooh when she spoke of how the place really lived up to its name. He looked out at the thick blanket of fog covering the forest. "Yeah. I hate fog. It doesn't help our visibility." He whispered, continuing on ahead. "Keep sharp. There aren't too many mobs on the way, but anything can happen." He continued on ahead, looking back to make sure Kooh followed. His mood was still serious. He wasn't sure why, but he had a strong feeling that something was going to go wrong. He chalked it up to simple paranoia and turned on a path towards a thicker part of the forest.

Kooh followed behind Cygnus at a comfortable distance, hands still resting inside her pockets as she casually strolled through the otherwise eerie forest. Though it still the middle of the day, the fog seemed to cast an eternal evening with the combination of the large trees overhead blocking most of the sun's rays. The girl felt like she was part of a ghost story or something; two players walking along an empty half-clear trail in the middle of a fog-covered wood. Giving a glance behind her, the town's gate was slowly crawling farther out of sight. She hoped Cygnus knew his way back to town, or she'd have to start camping in trees on this floor from now on.

With the journey uneventful thus far, the girl didn't bother staying alert. Occasionally her gaze would shift out through the trees, but when nothing caught her eye she went back to staring at the ground in front of her feet. She was quiet now, but she was preferring it that way. She was never one for small talk.

Cygnus continued on the path, keeping an eye out for any stray mobs that stumbled across this area. "Let's see..." He whispered, looking around at his surroundings. He stopped walking and looked at Kooh. "Okay, the first mob is coming up. If we're lucky, maybe it's not there. But don't bet on it." Cygnus turned back to face the path ahead and kept walking. "Two Dark Elves guard the entrance to the stretch of the forest we need. We'll simply have to take them out." He walked for a couple more minutes, eventually making his way to their destination. Cygnus hid behind a tree on one side of the path, not wanting to draw the mob in just yet. "You see 'em over there?" Sure enough, standing on either side of the path about a hundred feet ahead were two Elven mobs with dark grey skin. 

• 2 weeks later...

Cygnus took on a hushed tone, his words and plans passing over Kooh's head as she continued staring lazily at the dirt path in front of her feet. "Hmm?" Her attention was finally pulled upwards to see the man taking cover in the foliage. Distractedly following suit, Kooh's gaze drifted to the two tall creatures standing with weapons at the ready. She looked the elves up and down with disinterest, only perking up when the right guard's head turned slightly. It's storm gray eyes locked with her own before the two elves moved in sync, taking up their weapons and moving straight towards them. "Uhh... I don't think they're coming over here to say 'hi'." The blonde took a reactive step back, glancing between Cygnus and the rapidly-approaching guards.

Before the pair even had time to reposition themselves, the dark elves had closed in on them with longswords at the ready. With a quick motion, they set their sights on the brunette warrior, slashing at the man's armor one after another. Though they did minimal damage to the armored player, Kooh stifled a growl as she tightened her hands into fists. With a quick motion, the girl closed the gap between herself and one of the guards. Delivering a solid roundhouse kick to the elf's armored chest, Kooh continued the fluid motion to spin herself around and land facing her opponent. The impact of her strike caused the elf to stumble backwards away from Cygnus and the girl crouched slightly with her right arm tucked in at her side. Stepping forwards, the blonde's fist moved with an uppercut aimed at the guard's midsection. As her claw weapons pierced through the armor and struck the elf in the stomach he grunted in reaction, health bar dropping slightly as his body was immobilized by the girl's weapon piercing through him.

Combat Results:

Spoiler

Opponents:

• <<Dark Elf Guards>> (2)
    • HP: 16
    • DMG: 9
    • MIT: 4

Turn Order:

• <<Dark Elf Guards>>
  • [H:1] Kooh -> Post Action: Attack
  • [H:0] Cygnus

Combat Roll:

• ID#: 63895
    • BD: 5 + (2 Equipment) = 7 - Success
    • CD: 1
    • LD: 15
    • MD: 8 - Success

Combat Results:

• <<Dark Elf Guard>> 1:
    • HP: 16/16 -> 12/16 - [Stunned]
      • Hit! Basic Attack:
        • (9 Base) - (18 Mitigation) = 1 DMG (Minimum)
  • <<Dark Elf Guard>> 2:
    • HP: 16/16
      • Hit! Basic Attack:
        • (9 Base) - (18 Mitigation) = 1 DMG (Minimum)   
  • Kooh:
    • HP: 20/20
    • Energy: 5/5 -> 0/5
      • Hit! Organ Pierce Activated:
        • (1 Base) + (1 Weapon Skill) + (2 Equipment) = (4 Damage) x (2 Sword Art) = (8 Damage) - (4 Mitigation) = 4 DMG
  • Cygnus:
    • HP: 32/32 -> 30/32
    • Energy: 8/8

Edited by Kooh

Cygnus watched as Kooh dealt a heavy blow to one of the guards. He readied himself, gripping his sword tight and leaping out of his hiding spot at the Elves. "Get down!" He called out to Kooh. He waited for Kooh to get down and then pivoted on his heel and whipped himself into a spin, executing his Sword Art, Eruption. The Dark Elves didn't stand a chance, Cygnus's Sword Art tearing them apart with ease. He shouldered his weapon and looked over at Kooh, transferring two items to him and then dismissing the loot window. "Nice job. You've gotten stronger since last we met. I'm proud." He grinned at her. 

Spoiler

B A T T L E

Cygnus uses Sword Art: Eruption! BD: 9 (Critical Hit!)

Cygnus HP: 32/32

Cygnus Energy: 2/8

Dark Elf Guard A HP: 0/0 [DEAD]

Dark Elf Guard B HP: 0/0 [DEAD]

Turn Log

Cygnus -6 Energy

Dark Elf Guard A -21 HP

Dark Elf Guard B -21 HP

Loot

>2 Materials

>160 Col

-80 Col transferred to Kooh

-1 Material transferred to Kooh

Edited by Cygnus

As Cygnus' words rang out behind her, Kooh yanked her arm back to free her weapon from the elf's stomach. She crouched down again, keeping her head low as the motion of his straight sword slashing overhead devastated their opponents. When she lifted herself back up the elves had burst into thousands of pixels. The girl flexed her fingers a moment, considering unequipping her weapons so her hands could enter the comfortable safety of her pockets, but decided against it in favor of keeping herself prepared.

She looked to Cygnus as he complimented her, allowing a confident smirk of her own to spread across her face. "Yeah, I pretty much got the hang of things." She replied casually, turning her attention back to the path that the elves have been guarding. "Well, we might as well keep at it then." She gave her shoulders a roll, waiting for the brunette to lead the way.

Out of Combat Regeneration:

Spoiler
  • Kooh:
    • Energy: 0/5 -> 1/5 (1)

Edited by Kooh

Cygnus kept his weapon out as well, looking around at the forest in an attempt to survey the area to be sure that there were no more mobs around. "Looks like we're in the clear for the moment. Let's move on." He walked forward, ever-vigilant for enemies blocking their path. He gripped Gavel tightly. That ominous feeling was back. Perhaps it was the atmosphere of the forest? They didn't have any trouble with the previous mobs, Cygnus being bale to take them out rather quickly and easily, so it was strange that he felt like everything was going to go wrong. He bit his lip nervously, continuing on the path. He looked back at Kooh. "So, ever been to this floor before? I've been here once or twice, but never on a quest. I'd just look around, kill a mob or two." He chuckled. "We've both grown a lot since the first time we met on the first floor."

Spoiler

Cygnus Energy: 3/8

+1 Post Regen

Edited by Cygnus

"Mm? Nah." Kooh's attention seemed to be elsewhere before she registered Cygnus' question towards her. Her fingers fidgeted slightly at her sides. They wanted to be doing something, but the bulky weapons attached to her forced her to keep them at her sides. She didn't respond to the rest of his idle conversation, her eyes drifting across the fog-covered forest around them as they continued to walk down the simple dirt path. She felt as though she should be alert, but annoyance quickly nestled in her mind when she couldn't determine the reason for her cautiousness. Practically forcing herself to pay it no mind, she turned her attention ahead of her again. She heaved a mental sigh before opening her mouth again. "So how far out do you think the quest monster is?"

Hide contents
  • Kooh:
    • Energy: 1/5 -> 2/5 (2)

Cygnus frowned, his attempt at small talk failing him, it appeared. He sighed softly and looked up at where the sky was, but the vast canopy of trees blocked his view. He hadn't scouted too far. The guard's outside blocked his way. But they had been traveling for a little while now. It had to be close. "I'm not entirely sure where the mob we're looking for is located. But we've been traveling for awhile. If we don't encounter him shortly, it should be within the next quarter mile, i'd imagine." The pair traversed the long, winding trail. It was flanked on either side by a thick grove of trees that pressed close, making the path very narrow. Cygnus recognized that this would be a good spot for an ambush, and that, coupled with this ominous feeling that had been hanging over him, made him very worried. He gripped his sword tighter, more in fear of Kooh's safety than is own. He looked back at Kooh, trying to make himself feel more secure with small talk again. "So, i've seen you in the shops a few times. Buy anything worth talking about?"

With the brunette's back to her, Kooh frowned at his response. The uncertainty was displeasing, but when the man shifted a few moments later her expression returned to a neutral state. More small talk. With the need for a distraction looming over her, she didn't have much of a choice but to oblige. "Ah," She opened her mouth to speak, but paused a moment as she realized something. "Well, you were there when I got it," She started casually. If it weren't for the weapons on her wrists she would pull up on the ruby pendant hanging around her neck. Instead, she tilted her chin down to motion to the trinket before pulling her gaze back up to him. "This thing's been treating me well so far." She said simply.

Hide contents
  • Kooh:
    • Energy: 2/5 -> 5/5 (3)
Edited by Kooh

Cygnus smiled as she finally spoke to him. "Yes, I noticed you purchase that. It is good to hear that it is treating you well. I got my sword from Forged by the Sun. I'm quite proud of it." He looked back at her and grinned. However, he dropped his casual attitude quickly and held out his arm so Kooh would stop. He pointed ahead, right at a lone Dark Elf with a bow over his arm. He looked like he was just standing about. Cygnus saw this opportunity and turned to Kooh. "I'm going to go for it. Follow my lead." With that, he leaped into action, roaring as he swung Gavel at his objective. The mob turned towards him in surprise, accidentally dodging his weapon, but losing his footing and falling to the ground. The bow over his arm snapped in two, leaving him armed only with a dagger. "Kooh! Now's your chance!" He called to their former hiding spot to let her know to strike.

Spoiler

B A T T L E

Cygnus attacks! BD: 3 (Miss!)

Dark Elf Scout attacks! BD: 1 (Critical Fumble!)

Cygnus Energy: 6/8

Dark Elf Scout HP: 16/16

Turn Log

Cygnus -2 Energy

Edited by Cygnus

Kooh eyed the sword Cygnus held as he spoke about it. Without warning, her observation was stopped short when the man barred her from moving forward. The girl stopped abruptly, her boots dragging against the dirt as her torso stopped an inch from colliding with his arm. Without his eyes on her, Kooh allowed an annoyed frown to pass over her features before she turned her attention to match his. They had finally come across their target--a lone dark elf had locked eyes with the players.

Cygnus took the lead, initiating the battle with a heavy swing of his sword. The dark elf was forced to dodge, clumsily falling to the ground, and just as Kooh watched the battle unfold she heard Cygnus' words. Curling her fingers into tight fists, the blonde rushed to her target. The elf had already started to recover, pulling himself to his feet to retaliate. The girl approached him with the same kick she'd delivered to the previous guard, twisting her body to bring her leg across in a quick roundhouse. Her motion was stopped short, however, when a firm grasp squeezed around the ankle of her boot. Her garnet eyes widened in surprise. The elf had reacted quickly enough to stop her attack, taking a firm hold of her and twisting her leg back to throw her off balance.

Kooh's shoulder collided with the ground with a thud as the elf released her from his grasp. Drawing the dagger from his belt as his attention turned back to Cygnus, the scout prepared to strike.

Combat Results:

Hide contents

Opponents:

• <<Dark Elf Scout>>
    • HP: 16
    • DMG: 9
    • MIT: 4

Turn Order:

• <<Dark Elf Scout>>
  • [H:0] Kooh -> Post Action: Attack

Combat Roll:

• ID#: 63902
    • BD: 1 - Critical Fail
    • CD: 10
    • LD: 15
    • MD: 10

Combat Results:

• Cygnus:
    • HP: 32/32
    • Energy: 6/8
  • <<Dark Elf Scout>>:
    • HP: 16/16
  • Kooh:
    • Energy: 5/5 -> 3/5
      • Miss!
Edited by Kooh

As Cygnus saw Kooh get thrown off balance by the Dark Elf, he roared in anger, pivoting on his heel and executing his Sword Art, Cyclone. The Dark Elf tried to bring up his dagger and managed to parry the first blow, but he wouldn't parry the second. The weight of the blow sent his dagger up, and as he tried to bring the dagger down again to block, Cygnus's blade cleaved the little toothpick in two and sliced right through the mob's face. The blade of the dagger spun through the air before finding its mark in a nearby tree. The Dark Elf had a look of surprise on his etched on his mangled face before Cygnus delivered two strikes two quick strikes to his torso, putting him down for good in a flash of blue light and pixels. The same fate befell the blade stuck in the oak tree as well. Cygnus got up and wiped the sweat off his brow. They had done it. With a smile, he leaned down and offered Kooh his hand to help her up.

Spoiler

B A T T L E

ID 63903

Cygnus uses Sword Art: Cyclone! BD: 8 (Hit!)

Dark Elf Scout attacks! BD: 1 (Critical Fumble!)

Cygnus Energy: 3/8

Dark Elf Scout HP: 0/16

Turn Log

Cygnus -4 Energy

Dark Elf Scout -28 HP [DEAD]

LD: 3

+1 Material

Edited by Cygnus

A look of disgust crawled across Kooh's face as it hung inches above the dirt path. The girl lay with her arms propping her up slightly after the elf's counter-attack had brought her to the ground. Suppressing a growl as she began to push herself to her knees, Cygnus' hand appeared in front of her to help her up. 'Great.' Her thoughts grumbled, but her mind quickly shifted gears; she could work with this. "Ahh, thank you..." She took his hand rather shyly to pull herself up. Trying her best to dust herself off, the blonde allowed a small sigh to escape her now that their task was complete. "Well, I guess that's over with." She said with a casual optimism.

As if in reaction to her words, the sound of armored footsteps rapidly approaching caught the girl's attention. Kooh perked up a bit, looking around at the dense forest on either side of them for the source of the noise. Without warning, a group of dark elf soldiers, much like the two guards they had fought earlier, with what looked like a captain leading the charge, burst from the cover of the trees. The players were quickly surrounded, but the four NPCs had their attention focused on the brunette warrior.

Shoving past Kooh, the soldiers came at Cygnus with an onslaught of attacks; his high mitigation prevented a majority of the potential damage, but the number of strikes quickly added up.

Combat Results:

Spoiler

Opponent:

• <<Dark Elf Captain>>
    • HP: 9
    • DMG: 5
  • <<Dark Elf Soldiers>> (3)
    • HP: 5
    • DMG: 2

Turn Order:

• <<Dark Elf Captain>> & <<Dark Elf Soldiers>>

Combat Roll:

• ID#: 64019
    • BD: 6
    • CD: 4
    • LD: 6
    • MD: 6 - Success
      • Hit! (9 Base) - (18 Mitigation) = 1 DMG (Minimum)
      • Hit! (2 Base) x (3 Attackers) = (6 Damage) - (18 Mitigation) = (1 Minimum Damage) x (3 Attackers) = 3 DMG (Minimum)

Combat Results:

• <<Dark Elf Captain>>:
    • HP: 9/9
  • <<Dark Elf Soldier>> 1:
    • HP: 5/5
  • <<Dark Elf Soldier>> 2:
  • <<Dark Elf Soldier>> 3:
  • Cygnus:
    • HP: 32/32 -> 28/32
    • Energy: 3/8