[OP-F1] Low Levels, High Hopes

latest?cb=20120823195936

Shizua stood quietly by the southernmost exit to the Starting City, as many players did when they were looking for someone to form a party with. She was one of these people, having nothing on her but her sword in her sheath, and her beginning gear on her person. Had this been the real would, Shizua, or Nishi, in this instance, would likely have a hood up and over her head, however staying in her own world just wouldn't cut it here.

Quietly, she waited for someone, anyone, to ask what she was up to or she could help them. She was hopeful, yes, but she was shy. However, there was something about this situation. Something about being on par with everyone else, something about being the first to begin exploring a brand new world (one hundred new worlds, to be more specific), that actually seemed to inspire Shizua to get on the ball and start training to take on Sword Art Online.

Pushing her glasses back into place, Shizua looked up to the crowds walking along the path, raising a hand up into the air and waving it happily to everyone. Some wore looks of fear, due to having to risk their lives to get out, and some wore looks of disbelief, not wanting to believe the fact that someone had trapped them inside a video game, of all places, but the young girl smiled to them all the same.

Cygnus had been walking around town most of this morning, looking at all the fresh new faces. He hadn't been here very long himself, but it was like he always saw someone new in this town. For Cygnus, this was a good thing. He liked meeting new people and did so for pleasure rather than out of necessity nowadays. He had already built up a good circle of friends who he felt would have his back. But he was always looking to make more. Coming to the southern exit of the town, he spotted a girl by herself near the gate. Out of curiosity, he approached her. "Good morning, miss. Are you waiting for someone?" He asked, looking her over. She looked new. Wonderful! Maybe this would be his chance to pay forward the favor that was done for him when he was new.

Zandra was strolling thru the streets in the town of beginnings. She had decided to take the day off from grinding and farming for levels and money, and instead just take a chill. She had strolled the streets of the first floors capital countless of times, but lately she had only been at the higher ones and the starting town have always given her a special feeling. Like beeing home. Felt safe. She had also unequipped all her gear and just weared her townclothes. A red skirt with suspenders, a dark t-shirt, a red hood and tall leather boots. This way, she didnt stand out as much in the crowd and blended in better. After a few hours of strolling, she passes the southern gate where she stops. She walks outside, a few meters from the wall and watches at the fields inhabited with boars and player killing them. A smile on her face she remberes when she was there herself. She crosses her arms, closes her eyes and takes a deep breath with a smile on her lips.

Shizua seemed to hop back a little as she was spoken to, being used to the idea of talking to people, however not so much the act of doing it. "A- ah, yes. Well, sort of. I'm looking for people to party up with, I'm going to go out hunting. I'm.. only Level 1 right now, so it's.. going rather slowly, but I'll get there eventually..!" She says, an enthusiastic look in her eye. "I'm.." She pauses for a second, remembering to use her player name over her real one. "..Shizua. Who are you?"

Emblem walked through the town of beginnings  with his familiar Aisu resting on his head he didn't have a care i the world he had unequipped all of his armor so all he wore was a blue button-up shirt and blue jeans. Today was what he called his vacation day. He had spent a lot of time recently partying and trying to level up. As he walked he noticed one of his friends Cygnus standing nearby with one other player. He decided he might as well say hi. He walked up to Cygnus and smiled. Hey Cyg! How are you doing? Emblem looked at he other players with him.  She wore the starting armor that you wore when you first log into the game. He too wore that armor until recently.  He looked at the two players and gave them a grin. Hey! I'm Emblem!

Edited by Emblem

Zandra glanced over her shoulder when she started to hear several voices starting a conversation.There was a group of three and it seemed they was partying up for a hunt. The crimson eyed girl looked down at her outfit. Nothing realy proved she was a high level player. She looked up and walked over to the group."Heya there." She said with a friendly tone in her voice and a smile on her lips."I couldnt avoid to hear you are partying up to go hunting. Would you mind if I tag along?" She brushed her long black hair away from her right eye. But as always it fell back down and covered it."Oh my, so rude of me. Didnt introduced myself. Im Zandra and its a pleasure to meet ya'll." She said and gave a small bow.

Shizua looked a bit surprised at the sudden appearance of Emblem. Giving a short bow, she spoke. "H- hello! My name is Shizua, and I assume you.. know this person already." She suggested, turning a bit as she heard someone approaching her location.

Shizua turned her glance from Cygnus and Emblem over to Zandra, her expression changing. She seemed to be a normal player, so the lady was none the wiser. "Oh.. hello, my name is Shizua.. This is Emblem.." She motioned to the blonde. "..and, uhm.. I don't know his name." She admitted sheepishly, turning back to the dark headed woman. "Of course you can come, the more the merrier!"

Edited by Shizua
Spelling mistake

Emblem nodded. Nice to meet you Shizua. You have a cool name. He turned around to see another player walking towards them. She looked like she was having some sort of vacation day too. She wore casual clothing like him. He waved to the girl as she walked towards the group. She introduced herself as Zandra. Shizua introduced him and Cygnus to Zandra. He waved to the girl. Nice to meet you Zandra! Emblem put his hands in his pockets. It seemed that they were going to go hunting. Huh well I might as well get equipped. He opened his inventory and selected his armor and felt it materialize over his clothes. He pressed on his sword and felt the weapon form onto his back. So when are we going to head off. Emblem noticed that his armor was loose. He hated the feeling and began to adjust the straps on his armor so that it felt tighter on his body.

It seemed like any other day in the starting city, with groups of players assembling to head out for the day. A certain party seemed to be no different from the others, but the boy decided to introduce himself to them anyway. It recently occurred to him that his list of acquaintances was... Rather small. Getting far in the game was often easier with other people to help. Having good connections is a vital part of playing and who knows? Maybe one of them would be helpful somewhere later down the line. With that in mind he approached. "Hey, I wanna tag along." He said, but it wasn't to anyone in particular.

Cygnus bowed as he introduced himself. "I am Cygnus. It's a pleasure to meet you, Shizua." He straightened up his posture afterwards. Before he knew it, three others had joined. Two, he recognized. But one he did not. He gave a friendly wave to Emblem. "Good morning, Emblem! Fancy meeting you here." He turned and bowed to Zandra. "Miss. Good morning." Cygnus wasn't sure if Zandra remembered him, but he would wait until he knew for sure. He greeted the newcomer once he finished greeting the others. "Good morning. My name is Cygnus. It's a pleasure to meet you." He turned back to Shizua once he was finished with his greetings. "I was in your shoes once not long ago. I'd be happy to party up with you if you'd like. We can all go hunt mobs together." He smiled and gave a single nod. 

Khrysaor was strolling the the streets of the Town of Beginnings enjoying the nice weather. The small breeze blowing against his face. As he neared one of the gates leading out of the safe zone, he caught sight of a group of players. Most of them he was familiar with, and when he caught the last bit of the conversation. 'Hmm, they are planning on going hunting, might be fun. Haven't really partied up with anyone for hunting in a while.' thought Khrysaor. He headed in the groups direction, and called out, "Hey, everyone. What's up? I couldn't help but hear you guys are going hunting. Want some help." Then he turned to the unfamiliar faces to introduce himself, "Hey, my name is Khrysaor."

Emblem felt his dragon shift around on his head. She always loved the feeling of battle and Emblem could tell she was itching to go hunting just like the rest of the f the players around him. Two new players came and greeted themselves. Hey I'm Emblem! I think that does it for introductions then? Emblem put his hands in his pockets waiting to figure out when they would head out. It was always nice to help players who now are deciding to leave the safe zone and he wondered if there was a guild created for just that purpose that he could join.

There started to be quite a large group by now. Including her, she counted them to be half a dozen. It seemed the group was gonna head out to hunt some mobs. It could be fun, hunt together in a group.''Seems we have turned out to be quite a large group by now.'' she said and looked at all player present.''Maybe its time to move out?'' she opened her inventory to equip her battle items. Her finger was just gonna press her tier two Dark angel armour. After a few seconds she changed her mind and picked her tier one Armour of the northern ice-dragon instead. Didnt wanted them to believe she was a high leveled. She also equipped her beginner whip and good quality shield.''Im all set to go.''

Six people. Cygnus, Zandra, Emblem, Seul, Khrysaor, and Shizua herself. She turned first to Seul, who had popped out of nowhere. "Of course, no problem~." She then turned quickly to the next person, Cygnus and the rest that had gathered. "Of course, you can all come. Shall we.. create a party, or stay separate?" The young woman asked, reaching to adjust her glasses. She was definitely excited to start building herself up, but this death game had already been on for so long, she was worried she would never be able to catch up.

Cygnus looked around at the group. They had grown to a good size. Now, to put their numbers to good use. He looked over at Zandra when she suggested that they move out. "Indeed. I'm itching to get some good combat in." He pat the pommel of his sword, looking over at Shizua as she asked whether they should make a party or not. "That is a very good question. I would vote for us to make a party. But that is just my personal preference." Cygnus always preferred parties. He always got a special feeling of camaraderie when he partied up with multiple players.

Emblem nodded. Yeah I think that we should make a party. It would be a better idea so that we could see each others health just in case one of us gets in a bad situation. We can never be too safe. Emblem looked at Cygnus to see that he agreed with him saying that they should form a party. He thought of sending the invite to them but deciding against it thinking that it would be rude to the player Shizua who he believed should be the party leader instead of everyone else that joined them. After all she had been the one looking for party members in the first place.

Zandra scratched the back of her head. If they partied up, the others would see her healthbar barely beeing lowered if she got hit by an attack. Thou it would seem strange if she said she didnt wanted to party up right? She putted on a smile."Yeah, forming a party would probably be a great idea. Since you..." she looked at Shizua."... was first on place, what do you say about beeing our leader?" She looked at the players present. She havent been hunting in such a large group before except floor bosses and events."Im all set. Ready when you are."

Shizua listened to the suggestions and offers of her leading the party, and she quickly agreed. She usually wasn't one to take the lead unless asked. "Uh.. yeah, of course, of course." She nodded, lifting her finger up and swiping it down. Her menu came up, and she navigated quickly to party section, tapping a few panels and buttons to send invites out to the people that had offered to join her. A few windows would pop up in front of them, asking to confirm joining her party.

Cygnus nodded and looked over at Zandra. "Capital idea. It's only fair." He smiled as the invitation popped up on his HUD. He quickly brought his finger up and tapped "Accept." He looked to the side of his screen. Shizua's name and HP bar had been added, showing that they were now in a party. He was pumped to get this going. While the mobs here were the weakest, the thrill of combat was only secondary. Many people were kind to him when he was just starting out. This was what he saw as his chance to pay it forward. He felt good about his decision so far. Perhaps he would make a few new friends? Once the names of all the others were added to his HUD, he'd turn to them. "Okay! Let's get going. The strongest among us should take point. If no one offers, i'd be happy to do it."

Shizua didnt seemed to have anything against to beeing the party-leader. The crimson-eyed female pressed accept when the party-request poped up and nodded to her newly beeing leader.''That sounds good Cygnus.'' she said with a glance on the new healthbars that had popped up to be sure not saying the wrong name.''Think its just us four, since those two...'' she nooded towards Seul and Khrysaor.''...seems to have spaced out or something.'' she have been on previous hunting parties when someone or more just space outs or ignores everyone else. And she wasnt on the mood to stay waiting for these two to come back.''Im ready to head out when you are.'' she said with an exiting smile on her lips and the whip in a tight grip.