[PP-F9] «Bandit Camp» Let the Bodies Hit the Floor

Battle Music

Slowly stepping out of the teleport gate, the wandering swordsman finds himself welcomed with an intense heat. "Great... the heat..." The wanderer hates the heat. He's never been to this floor before so he did not expect such intense heat. He slowly raises his fingers swiping it in the air and opening his inventory. He quickly took out a small little vial and quickly drank it before he began to scour the area.

- Cooldown Used -

The wanderer came here with the intent on massacring Bandits for a quest. He of course can take care of it by himself, as of late, he's found the company of ones self is quiet... boring. That being said, he sent an announcement for anyone willing to join in on the quest before the wanderer even stepped through the teleport portal.

Cygnus exited the teleport gate, coming out at the 9th Floor's main city. As soon as he entered the city, he felt like he was roasting alive. He had never been to this floor, and the change was so sudden and so extreme, he almost felt like he was going to die. Why did it have to be here of all places? Cygnus could handle the cold just fine, but he despised this extreme heat. Straightening up and getting his bearings, he searched for Rain. He had gotten the man's announcement just moments before. Cygnus was pumped at the chance to take on a higher level quest. It had brought him four floors beyond where he had ventured before. This was uncharted territory for him. He figured he had best be careful. Cygnus found Rain quickly and gave the man a respectful bow after he approached. "Good day." It had occurred to him that he and Rain had never actually met formally. "I'm Cygnus. We have met briefly a time or two."

"Rain... You really do now how to pick the one floor that I despise  most of all." Broke the semi silence as the spear totting dragoon, made visual contact with the KoTB recruit. Lawfer's words were true, the constant expulsion of soot and sulfur into the air made what could be a beautiful volcanic landscape nothing more than a depressing sight. Turning his attention to the other person that would be joining them, Lawfer smiled then raised his right hand slightly waving at him. "Hey Cygnus! You ready for another fun time? I hope you brought some water, this one will be quite the dozy if you get dehydrated... Dont worry though, if you collapse we can always have Rain carry you back." He jested as he walked over to the brunette and patted him on the shoulder. "So now that the peanut gallery is formed, we ready to head out? I was planning on getting some good hunting done today." He finished as he entered his inventory and selected his last remaining T1 Whetstone and smashed it onto his spear.

(Perfect T1 Whetstone (+3DMG) Consumed)

Edited by Lawfer

Cygnus looked over at Lawfer as the higher level player greeted him. "Oh, good day, Lawfer." Cygnus gave him a friendly wave. He was prepared, but in truth, it was only accidently. He didn't even bother to take a look at this floor before now, so he had no clue of its conditions. He didn't let on about this, though. He simply gave Lawfer a smile and said "Oh, don't worry. I brought plenty of water." Luckily... Cygnus got out his canteen and took a sip. His mouth got dry in the intense heat of this floor. "Yeah, let's get going! It has been too long since i've gotten to use my blade.

"Looks like everyone's here..." The wanderer spoke. He waves his fingers in the air and traded to both players a peculiar potion. "Drink this, I made especially for these kinds of floors." He had assumed everyone hates the heat, as he's met some people hating his cold floor, he'd assume there would be others who has the same hate as the wanderer. He made these potions specifically for these dreaded hot floors which he despised the most. As soon as he gave out the potions, the wanderer began to walk through the gates.he's waited long enough and has no more real patience for waiting any longer. "Let's get to it then."

Cooldown traded to Cygnus and Lawfer [Cools down the body temperature, perfect for those hot floors of Aincrad]

"Thanks for that Rain!" he stated as he took the potion into his inventory. "I'll Make sure to drink it when I start getting overheated. But thanks to my survival skill, heat doesn't fatigue me at all unless it gets too hot." He finished as he gestured for the two to follow him. Passing through the safe zone gates he turned to his companions. "Ok guys! If we follow this route we should get to the bandits sooner rather than later... I'm gonna put some space between myself and you two so I can pull some of the larger mobs. Just yell at me if you need me and I'll come flying in." He finished as he turned to Rain. "You need to make sure that Cygnus is covered at all times. I'll leave him to you for the moment." He then turned his attention to Cygnus, "Things are a bit different than on the Second floor, be smart and dont try to do anything crazy." 

After giving them his advice and recommendations, he smirked then gestured a quick wave. "I'll see you soon." He commented as he began running off the beaten path. The dragoon had become accustomed to the 9th floor and where the best monsters laid in wait. He had wanted to trounce a few Magma Titans and gather the materials he would need for a few new equipment ideas he had. 

As the ground began shifting below him, he could feel the tremors set off by the mobs. "So thats where you guys are." He stated as he pushed off his back foot and initiated <Charge> appearing before the Magma giants, he loosed his Highwind. In one giant swing, <Trip Expand> activated and smashed through the Magma Titans shattering them into purple polygonal pixels. As his loot window dinged, a smirk danced across the spearmans face.

Battle Engaged
ID:63318
BD: 2+3+1 Conc= 6
MD: Dead
LD: 19+2=21 = +8 Mats, +1920 Col, +Cooldown (vanity)

Lawfer: 142/142   l   32/43 EN (-12/+1) l  SA USed: Trip Expand (-12EN) 12+3+5= 20x6=120DMG +AOE

Magma Titan: 0/96  l 18DMG  l  24 MIT  l 120-24=96DMG

Lawfer Total Loot: +8Mats, +1920Col

Edited by Lawfer

As the wanderer began walking forward, he noticed that Lawfer's already gone into work and began ripping through mobs, like had planned. Thinking he himself should get to work, he began thinking of ways to go about the quest.

"Hey @Cygnus, so how do you want to do this? Should we take them all on at the same time? of should we pick them off one by one?" The wanderer would rather join straight in and kill em all, but that wouldn't be fair to the guy. He should get his fair share of excitement. That is why he announced to everyone if anyone was willing to take up the quest with him.

As they walked along the path, the wanderer began tinkering with his HUD. After a few seconds, he sends a Greater Mitigation Potion I to Cygnus. Here, I can't be protecting you every second, so grab this just incase. Also we might hit a dungeon after, so this can help you, a lot.

Greater Mitigation Potion I traded to Cygnus [+18 Mitigation]

Edited by Rain

Cygnus gladly accepted the Cooldown and drank it quickly once he heard it would help the heat. He watched Lawfer leave and then looked back at Rain as he spoke. Cygnus thought of a battle strategy. He remembered how he and Lawfer dealt with combat, so that sort of thing could also work here. "Well, I can draw the mobs in and you can take them out. Lawfer and I had a similar strategy when we took on a quest together. I just want to get a chance to try out my new sword is all. I've yet to... break it in." He chuckled. Cygnus accepted the Greater Mitigation Potion I gladly. He had one, but having another would certainly be helpful. "Thank you. I shall put it to good use." Cygnus went ahead and drew Gavel, his new sword. He was ready for battle now.

Raising his right hand, the golden haired man checked his map. He had wanted to make sure that his team was making a steady venture to the oncoming quest boss. "Ok they aren't too far away." He commented as he looked up. The dragoon had been jogging to the next area where he knew he could find some good mobs. "Looks like im here...." he muttered as he looked at the four oncoming Magma Titans... <Charge> activated, followed by <Trip Expand>. With the total damage output of the the two skills, he was able to shatter the mobs before they coudl cause him any harm. "Should probably go check in with them now." He stated as he checked the open map once more. Jumping up to a nearby rock, he activated <Charge> as he leapt causing him to bound over the rock ledge and continued on to where his companions were.

"Yo Guys!" He yelled as he watched the two continue to walk towards him. "How's everything going? Any difficulties yet?

Battle Engaged
ID:63318
BD: 5+3=8
LD: 11+2=13 = +4 Mats, +1920 Col

Lawfer: 142/142   l   21/43 EN (-12/+1) l  SA USed: Trip Expand (-12EN) 12+3+5= 20x6=120DMG +AOE

Lawfer Total Loot: +12Mats, +3840Col

Edited by Lawfer

After hearing Cygnus's thoughts on a battle strategy, the wanderer decided to go with that plan as he has none better and he wanted to test Cygnus's battle prowess. As the two got closer to the supposed camp site, Lawfer jumped out from out of nowhere to check up on them. The wanderer didn't say anything. He simply raise his hands into a thumbs up gesture and went on his merry way. He wanted to keep quiet and keep silent as he's about to go sneaking into the camp to take them out one at a time. As they got closer, the wanderer casually opens his HUD and takes out a Greater Damage Potion I.

Greater Damage Potion I Used [+2 Damage]

As they reach the camp, the wanderer spots a lone straggling bandit, seemingly keeping watch. The wanderer raised his hands to gesture to Cygnus that he's spotted one. The lone bandit doesn't seem to have noticed them creeping closer just yet.

Steathed: LD 11+

«Bandit»
HP 71/71
DMG 21
MIT 17
(Because 100% loot drop :P)

Cygnus was moving ahead as quietly as possible. He was so focused on what he and Rain were doing that flinched when Lawfer seemed to pop up out of nowhere. He almost shouted to Lawfer not to do that when Rain signalled that he spotted one of the bandits. He looked over and sure enough, there he was. Just milling about. Cygnus made himself ready and rushed out of his hiding spot, opting to not let out a battle cry so that they can maybe manage to avoid detection for awhile longer. Unfortunately, Cygnus's armor made a loud clanking noise as he lunged from cover, causing the bandit to turn and deflect the attack at the last second. He tried to follow up with a counterattack, but Cygnus managed to get out of the way just in time. "Damn it all!" He hissed under his breath,

Spoiler

B A T T L E!

Cygnus attacks!

BD Result: 4 (Miss!)

MD Result: 2 (Miss!)

Cygnus HP: 28/28

Cygnus Energy: 4/6 

Bandit HP: 71/71

Edited by Cygnus

As Cygnus made his attack, he failed to land a blow. Following his attack, the bandit tried to retaliate but also missed. What Cygnus didn't expect was, there happened to be another Bandit just around the corner who heard the commotion. The 2nd bandit saw cygnus instantly and tried to make an attack, but before that second bandit could get near, the wanderer jumped out of the shadows.

The bandits didn't see anything coming. The only thing they saw was a flash of azure light. In a flash, the wanderer jumped between them and cygnus and drew his blade. As the blade left it's sheath, it glowed azure. The wanderer calmly swung his blade twice as if warming up, then in a flash, three blinding fast slices that diced the bandits into pieces before it broke into pixels.

"Quick, let's move before more show up, I need to regen my energy."

ID# 63394 results: Battle: 9 Loot: 18 (16+2)
[Rain] [Level 21] [HP (84/84)] [Energy (1/21)] [DMG 9+2] [ACC 3] [EVA 0] [MIT 9]
 » [Amatsu no Homura] [DMG 9 + Potion 2 + Crit 1] DMG 12 * SA (5*2) = DMG 120 AoE - MIT 17 = DMG 103 AoE
  » -20 Energy

[Bandit 2] [HP (0/71)] [DMG 21] [MIT 17] DEAD -103 HP
[Bandit 2] [HP (0/83)] [DMG 21] [MIT 20] DEAD -103 HP

+2 Materials
+770 Col

- Total Loot -
2 Materials
770 Col

Edited by Rain

Cygnus didn't notice the bandit coming up behind him until Rain took him out along with the bandit he had missed earlier. He was out of danger now, but he internally cursed himself. It seemed that every time he went for the first shot, he failed. He made a mental note to double his training regiment and stood up straight, nodding to Rain when he suggested they move forward. "Right. You take the lead. I don't know this area. Or even really this floor." He looked around just to be sure that no other bandits had noticed them. It appeared luck was on the group's side for now. He looked to make sure Lawfer was still with them before turning his eyes to the path ahead. He swore to himself that the next bandit they found would get to taste his blade.

Watching from afar as the two had handled the first wave of Bandits, Lawfer trailed back in the distance as to keep himself from revealing their position. "Might as well make sure no other mobs show up to make a problem for them." He muttered under his breath as he began running to the far right. Feeling the slight tremors from the distance, Lawfer locked eyes on another group of Magma titans. HE was planning on using his standard hit and run tactics. <Charge> activated, then Lawfer appeared before the group, "Fall." He stated as <Trip Expand> engaged and with a spin of his body and spear, he reduced the group to a pile of pixels. "Now time to rest." he stated as he pulled up his menu, he would watch his companions HP gauges so that he could show up if anything happened.

Battle Engaged
ID:63440
BD: 8+3=11
LD: 17+2=19 = +8 Mats, +1920 Col

Lawfer: 142/142   l   10/43 EN (-12/+1) l  SA USed: Trip Expand (-12EN) 12+3+5= 20x6=120DMG +AOE

Lawfer Total Loot: +20 Mats, +5760Col

Edited by Lawfer

Leading the through the camp, the wanderer managed to avoid any detection. It's as if their security was was already in shambles, which, was quiet surprising to the wanderer as he's only taken care of two bandits. There's suppose to be more than two here. Four to be exact. As he looked around, the place seemed quiet. Too quiet. There didn't seem to be any bandits in sight. That didn't compel the wanderer, however to step from out of the shadows.

Energy Regen (1/3)

Cygnus followed Rain through the camp, trying his hardest to be as quiet as possible. Save for ambient noises, the place was totally quiet. Surely that couldn't have been all of them. He was expecting an actual band! The silence in this place was maddening. Where were the others? He began to get a little nervous. Were they going to be ambushed? He gripped the handle of his sword tightly, ready to go in swinging. He wasn't frightened; Rain was with him. Still, the possibility of being ambushed made him feel uneasy. Seeing as how Rain was of a higher level than him and the mobs in this place were stronger than anything he could handle alone, Cygnus looked to his fellow party member for what they should do next. He figured voiceless communication would be best for now.

"Doesn't seem like they are moving very much." Lawfer commented as he stood up from his seated position. Wiping the soot and obsidian from his armor, he closed his menu. He had already memorized where he needed to go in order to catch up to his team. Pushing off his back foot, he began to <Charge> through the volcanic terrain. As his long hair whipped back from the force, all that could be seen was a scarlet and golden streak behind him. Noticing two bandits directly ahead of him, barring his path. As he continued to <Charge> forward,he drew his Highwind back. <Hellish Twice> initiated and proceeded to cut the two remaining bandits to ribbons. Stopping just behind his companions, he smiled. "I hope you two dont mind, but I took care of the last few bandits. They were trying to sneak up on you from behind. Anyways... now that we finished this. Whose ready to find a dungeon down here?" He asked as he raised his right hand, sending each of them the rewards from the previous battle.

(Sent Rain  +1 Mat, 200 Col)
(Sent Cygnus  +1 Mat, 200 Col)

ID: 63498
BD: 5+3=8
LD: 14+2= 16  +2Mats, (16*25=400 Col(Quest Reward))

Lawfer: 142/142  l   3/43  EN  (-8/+1)   l   SA Used: Hellish Twice (-8 EN) 12+5+2=19x4=76 DMG+ AOE

Bandit: 0/70
Bandit: 0/70

Lawfer Total Loot:  +20 Mats, +5760Col

Edited by Lawfer

In a flash, Lawfer came out of nowhere and wiped the floor of the remaining bandits like they were nothing. And here the wanderer was, sneaking around trying to make this quest at least more interesting, and entertaining, but Lawfer had to finish it all quickly. But, it wasn't without it's merits. Now that the quest is done, they can go search for a sub dungeon while they're out here. Sub-dungeons are what you could say is the prime place to level up, and the wanderer himself have been all over those dungeons as of late. He's finally hit a level where he could tackle dungeons by himself.

Slowly getting up from his hiding spot, he quickly looks towards Lawfer. "Fine, let's get on with it. What kind of dungeon are we looking for anyways?"

Cygnus was tense as he gripped his sword and looked around, scanning the area for their quarry. The eerie quiet was taking its toll on his nerves. He was almost tempted to spout random noises so he wouldn't hear the hissing of the volcanic vents or the bubbling of the lava. Just as soon as he thought about leaving their spot and hunting for the remaining two bandits, a red and golden flash sped to their position, tearing apart the bandits that were preparing to ambush them from behind. He really had to work on keeping an eye on his own back. Cygnus turned around to see Lawfer. He told them of the situation; that he had killed the two other bandits and they were setting an ambush when he found them. "Fortunate that you stumbled upon them when you did." Cygnus laughed nervously, but quietly. He knew there were no more bandits around, or at least he believed he knew, but he was still a little nervous from before. They had just finished their battle after all. He stood up from his crouched position and looked at Lawfer when he mentioned finding a dungeon. "A dungeon, huh? Capital! That's a good idea." He could really use some XP. Cygnus wasn't at all satisfied with where he was. He wouldn't rest until there were literally no more levels to gain.

"Well, I know of a dungeon on the fifth floor, so we should start heading that way. Once we get to Armadillo, we need to head south for about fifty or so minutes and there is a dungeon... If its still there that is." Lawfer commented as he brushed back some hair that had managed to shift over his shoulder. As they made the trek back, Lawfer made certain as to not allow his teammates to wander too far. He had been low on energy and wouldn't be able to assist even if he wanted to. about two hours had passed since they left the bandit camp and made their way to the deserts of the fifth floor. Coming upon an oasis, the dragoon began to smile ear to ear.

"Looks like its still here." He stated as he pushed some of the fallen palm tree branches aside, revealing stone steps that descended deap into the desert terrain. "Ok Guys.... So im still low on energy. We can push forward now and I can let you handle the floor level mobs, and I can handle the boss when I'm ready. Or we can head inside the dungeon and play it by ear. Either way works for me.

Beginner Dungeon Found!

ID: 63690 LD:16+2(Lucky Pants)= 18 

Edited by Lawfer