[Sp-F2] Mats for a friend <Itzal> completed

Itzal walked over to the bulletin board hoping there was a good quest for him to do.  Hopefully it would have a decent reward for doing something any solo player could pull.  When he reached the town he saw a couple players over at the board.  He had Niger Natio equipped so several players who saw him coming backed away nervously.  It didn't matter.  If he didn't know them he didn't care what they thought of him.  He glanced over the board with his dragon trying to appear intimidating to match the mood.  For anyone who didn't know her like Itzal did it was intimidating.  For Itzal though, he was trying so hard not to laugh at her attempt.  He finally saw a post made by a player.  He looked closer and read the message:

"Attention players: If you are reading this and willing to offer material gathering services for this forge in return for payment in either col or items please inquire inside" -Xion

Itzal hadn't heard of this Xion player which meant he was either a wanna be or a higher up, or just kept to himself.  He assumed it would be a higher rank.  This would be perfect for him.  He needed easy col and finding mats was a piece of cake!  Not only that but he could also explore while he was at it.  Itzal took the post and turned around, not bothering what the other players were up to.  He didn't know what materials this Xion character needed, but he could get some MATs at the cave he'd found a while ago.  There were thousands of crystals that either glowed in the dark, or appeared black until brought into the light which it proceeded to reflect.

Edited by Itzal

While he was walking to the mountains on the other side of the valley he kept an eye out for anything he could collect.  Unfortunately he didn't find anything.  Perhaps the players at the bulletin board had already picked the place clean?  If that was true he could move from floor to floor until he found something.  He doubted that everything would be gone though.  When he couldn't find anything he turned the post over and saw directions to the shop.  'Hammer and anvil huh'?  he thought.  Turns out it was on floor 1 so any player could access it.  He'd have to consider that when he opened a shop.

ID#  64275

LD:  13

Edited by Itzal

Itzal glanced up from the post hoping to find some mats but he saw nothing.  Sighing he put the post back in his inventory.  Suddenly he thought he heard music.  He looked ahead and saw an npc traveling the same direction he was.  And he appeared to be playing the lute!  Itzal rushed forward and the npc turned to Itzal and smiled.

"Good morning traveler!" he said, and nodded to Velnia.  "Good morning miss!  How are you this fine morning?"  Itzal was hoping this was the npc from a quest he heard about but he was realizing it wasn't the case.  He sighed.

"Well we're searching for materials for, a friend but no luck so far."  The npc smiled widely. 

"Well I know a few places we could check out if you'd like.  Unless you had other ideas?"  Itzal thought for a moment.  He really wanted to get some more crystals but that would mean he had a high chance of fighting.  And a good chance at struggling with it too.  He decided that he would get more crystals at a later time.  Probably when he had someone to fight with.  Besides, he could use some extra company on this trip.  Especially the music.

"Sure, what did you have in mind?"

Edited by Itzal

As the npc led Itzal to an orchard he told him about he asked if it was alright if he sang a few songs and Itzal said he didn't mind.  When he began playing the notes Itzal watched intently and felt he recognized the tune.  When the man began singing Itzal laughed hard.  The man hesitated and asked if something was wrong but Itzal assured him that nothing was wrong and he continued singing the dragonborn comes from the famous game Skyrim.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wr-buV4tYOA

When they came to the orchard Itzal was amazed that there wasn't any town nearby.  He walked up and picked an apple from one of the trees.  'That's one'.

ID#  64278

LD:  18

+1 MAT

Edited by Itzal

Itzal walked around but noticed that he wasn't alone.  There were two or more npcs, women, with baskets as they collected apples from the trees.  He realized he had competition.  Itzal looked at Velnia and nodded at her.  She hurriedly flew off to the other side of the orchard while he talked to the npc.

"Is this the only place you know of?" he asked.  The man chuckled.

"Oh no, there's many more.  Actually I know a place on the side of a nearby mountain where ores tend to fall off.  Perfect for smiths if you ask me."  Itzal nodded.  He didn't know what kind of shop it was but smiths and tailors were common enough.  Perhaps ores would work out.

ID#  64301

LD:  4

Edited by Itzal

Itzal asked about the lute and the man grinned.

"Ah, thinking about bein' a preformer eh?  Well I'm no teacher, but I do know you've got to pour your heart an soul into it.  And don't just play for sellin' either!  Play for parties!  Weddings, funerals!  Hell I'd even say to go into towns and play for other players if you know a song well!"  Itzal nodded and thought about that.  Any famous song he could play, but he wanted to write songs as well.  Problem was he wasn't any good at writing songs.  Perhaps he could find a partner for writing songs...  He spotted Velnia and noticed she had nothing.  He shrugged to show it wasn't a problem.

"He says there's more than one area so let's follow him."

ID#  64304

LD:  3

Edited by Itzal

As they made their way over to a mountain, different than the one Itzal discovered, the man played a few more songs that Itzal recognized, and a few more that he never heard before.  Some sounded familiar, but seemed off somehow.  Either way they made it to the cliffside and Itzal was astounded to see that there was a large stone dotted with iron laying at the base.  The man chuckled.

"Told ya!  These things line this entire side of the mountain!  So you can search for a little while.  Don't worry youngin' I won't desert ya.  In fact I intend to play a little more while ya search!"  Itzal walked up and placed the ore into his inventory.  'That's two, but two isn't nearly enough,' he thought.

ID#  64305

LD:  20

+1 MAT

Edited by Itzal

Itzal and Velnia walked along the side to the left of the cliff, searching for any rock that was an ore.  Near the end of the left side Itzal saw a large rock and ran over but upon further inspection discovered that it was just a large rock.  He sighed and sat down while Velnia caught a scent and flew into the nearby woods.  The man sat down opposite to Itzal and strummed on his lute.

"Maybe I should get a shop of me own," he said to himself.  "Then I wouldn' have to stay at me daughters place anymore."  Itzal looked up at this remark.

"Wait, what do you mean by that?"

"Well, I mean I could live in me own store.  At least that's what I heard."  Itzal grinned.  His store could also be his home!  He wouldn't have much privacy of course, but with the ability to change your clothes without having to take them off got rid of any need for privacy.  And if he wanted to be alone all he'd have to do was take a little walk!

ID#  64306

LD:  14

Edited by Itzal

Itzal grinned and told the man that he had planned to buy a house but that it was pretty expensive.  The man nodded several times before replying.

"I see what yer thinking youngin' and I gots to say it's smart.  Payin' nothin' for sleepin there and it can be as comfy as you choose!  Smar if yeh ask me!"  Itzal nodded with a smile on his face.  He turned his head when he saw Velnia emerge from the woods with nearly finished rabbit meat in her mouth.  The old man smiled now.  "Well well well!  Yer dragon has a nose for meat!"  Itzal chuckled.

"Yeah.  Especially rabbit meat.  Which is convenient since I hate the darn things."  The man smiled and stood up.

"Well now that yer dragon's back we can check out the other half of the cliff.  If nothin's there I've got a few more places."

ID#  64307

LD:  11

Edited by Itzal

Itzal rose and nodded to Velnia as she landed on his shoulder.  As he stroked her she purred, causing the old man to grin. 

"And away we go!" he said.  As they walked the man looked at Itzal curiously.  "Say youngin' why do you hate them bunnies?  Whats they ever done to yeh?"  Itzal sighed.

"It's kind of personal but kind of.  I don't know.  First off they always eat my family's garden food every.  Single.  Solitary.  Day.  Second, I think their disgusting.  Thirdly, all rodents hate me.  Squirrels hate me, mice hate me, and turns out bunnies hate me.  No joke, one time I saw a rabbit chewing on my phone charger in the back yard!  How did it even-" he saw the man's confusion and coughed.  "Uh, it's something very valuable."  The man nodded, understanding a bit now.  "All in all they hate me and I hate them.  Ever since it's been an understanding that we'd have a war for all of time."  He let a malicious face take over his features.  "But now I've got a ferocious dragon to fight with me!  Beware demon bunnies!  We will burn you all!"  Velnia made a cute little maniacal laugh and sent a small stream of flames into the air.  All three of them burst out laughing.

ID#  64308

LD:  13

Edited by Itzal

As they reached the other side they scanned the ground for anything to be used but came empty handed.  Itzal grunted and sat down in frustration.  Suddenly the man played an uplifting tune and began singing a song that Itzal had never heard of.  Yet as he listened to the tune he couldn't help but hum along, even Velnia was humming with her head bobbing back and forth to the beat.  Pretty soon Itzal caught onto the catchy lyrics and began singing the chorus with the man.  After the song was over he felt energized again.

"That was amazing!"  Itzal exclaimed and Velnia even clapped with the claws on her wings.  The man grinned at Itzal.

"That's what I mean by pourin' yer heart into a song sonny boy," he told Itzal and winked at him.

ID#  64310

LD:  11

Edited by Itzal

Itzal was about to ask the man if there was another spot when he glimpsed a sparkle.  He ran past the man and Velnia and bent down, his eyes widening as he discovered what seemed to be a rare ore.  He picked up the mystical stone and put it in his inventory.

"That's three," he mentioned.  "I think I have better luck with mobs," he mentioned.  Velnia nodded in dismay.  He shook his head.  "Ah, it doesn't matter.  I'll just buy an amulet that increases my chances at finding loot that's all.  Maybe the same place I got this bracelet," he mentioned.  The man looked at the bracelet with curiosity.

"Was the bracelet fer?  A gift from someone special perhaps?"  Itzal glanced at Velnia.  This would take some explaining.

ID#  64313

LD:  16

+1 MAT

Edited by Itzal

Itzal gestured for him to sit again and so he did.  Velnia found a comfortable spot in the grass and fell asleep.

"Before I came to aincrad, I lived somewhere else.  I came to aincrad seeking adventure, strength, and above all, to reach the point where no one else could boss me around.  I wanted to make my own choices.  One day, I and thousands of other play- I mean people were given a...  Invitation of sorts."  He sighed.  "If only I knew the invitation was a trap..  When we arrived the man who crea- rules this world trapped us in.  We all believed that we didn't have anything to fear, but he told us that there was a good chance we could die unless we cleared all one hundred floors."  To this the man's eyes widened a bit but said nothing.  "My sister didn't come with me.  When I arrived here I got so carried away that I had forgotten about her.  This bracelet reminds me of her because she loves verbana flowers and puts them in her hair all the time."  he sighed.  "That's why.  It's to keep me focused on why I have to live."  There was silence for a little while.

ID#  64315

LD:  2

Edited by Itzal

"Live huh?"  Itzal widened his teary eyes and looked up at the beaming man.  He looked proud of Itzal.  "Not survive, not conquer," he said.  "Yeh jus said 'live!  I think yer of to a great start youngster.  I've seen many of you people walking around all high an mighty, thinking yer all angels or demons.  Some of yeh even think yer gods.  But yer different.  Yeh know tha' fightn's not everything.  Yeh know that if you lose yer soul in the process it's not worth goin back right?"  He handed Itzal a crystal he found in one of the nearby rocks.  "So keep fightn' lad.  Fight fer her.  But also live."  He smiled and Itzal was comforted.  By an npc no less!  He took the crystal and nodded.

"Thanks."

ID#  64316

LD:  17

+1 MAT

Edited by Itzal

The three of them stood/flew up and the man told them of a nice pretty field with flowers they could visit.  Itzal nodded and they followed the man.  As they walked they kept an eye out for any more materials but with no such luck.  Velnia had them stopped as she lunged into the forest after the scent of rabbit.  When she emerged Itzal was disappointed that she had none to spare.  Could have made a good stew he thought.

ID#  64318

LD:  10

Edited by Itzal

When they arrived at the field Itzal whistled.  It was covered in flowers everywhere.  Most he could see were flowers that couldn't be picked, just looked at or smelled.  He walked through the fields admiring the flowers.  He wondered if verbana flowers were anywhere nearby.  He heard rustling and turned to see Velnia rolling in the flowerbeds making sounds of comfort a dog would make.  Itzal laughed and wondered what she was more of:  a dog or cat?

ID#  64322

LD:  7

Edited by Itzal

Itzal couldn't see any verbana flowers so far as he could tell.  The man walked over to him and gestured to Velnia.

"She seems fine," he chuckled.  Itzal nodded with a smile.  "We'll have teh walk aroun' a few times but we should find a flower or two," he told Itzal.  The two of them nodded and began scouting the entire field.  Itzal didn't think they had time to look through the whole place though, so he took his time.  He made sure he didn't miss anything.

ID#  64323

LD:  8

Edited by Itzal

Finally, Itzal stumbled onto a small patch of verbana flowers.  He began collecting all the patch would allow.  He'd use some as mat and the rest he'd probably have made into a buffed bracelet.  Most likely the loot boosting buff.  He waved at the man and he waved back before continuing his search.  Itzal put the flowers into his inventory.  '5' he counted.  It wouldn't be enough for someone with a profession to craft items every day but it was a start.  Add that with what he already had and he should have plenty for Xion.  Of course he'd keep some for himself since he planned on being a preformer.

ID#  64324

LD:  19

+1 MAT

Edited by Itzal

Itzal searched and searched but didn't find any more patches in the area he was in right now.  He was about to move to another section when he saw Velnia frolicing over to him.  What on earth?  Now she was part deer?  When she neared him she glided onto his head and bent her neck so she stared straight at him.  He chuckled.  "You are the weirdest thing I've ever come across."  He picked her up and hugged her.  "And I'm so glad I did."

ID#  64325

LD:  8

Edited by Itzal

Itzal saw the old man walking over and he moved to join him.

"Sorry youngin," he said.  "There usually stuff worth pickin round here but they seemed to have been picked clean save fer yer flower."  Itzal nodded.

"Probably other play- er, np- um.  Other people got here first," he said.  The man nodded, not noticing the mistakes he made.

"Well I'd better be off.  Me daughter gets a frettin if I don't get home by noon.  I wish yeh luck with yer shop youngster!  Live well!"  Itzal grinned and waved at him.

"Live well yourself old man!"  He heard the man snicker before leaving audio range.  He looked at Velnia.  "We better head back ourselves.  Maybe we'll swing round Adhae's shop!  I heard she finally opened it!"  Velnia licked her lips.

ID#  64327

LD:  14

Edited by Itzal