[PP:F1] A light lunch before training. (Shinzoku & Calrex) <Secret Medicine of the Forest>

I was sat in a café a small cake in front of me. The vibrant orange colour of the sponge contrasted by the green sauce that was seeping into it. Gently cutting into the cake I took a bite from it, the flavours washing through me. Smiling I looked up and around the café. My eyes taking in various players sat around chatting, eating, drinking and laughing. Enjoying themselves. My hand went down to the coffee that was steaming in the thick white mug, letting out a sigh I brought it to my lips, sipping.

Just as I had done so the bell to the shop went. A player walked in and with practised ease moved to come to where I was sat. “Are you always in the way? It’s like this -everytime- isn’t it?” Looking up at him I gestured to the seat, offering it to him. Smiling I spoke, “I apologise my friend, I didn’t realise that this spot was yours.” Setting my mug back down on the table I offered him my hand, “Shinzoku, pleasure to meet you.”

Edited by Shinzoku

"Huh...it's certainly been some time since I last stepped into here."

As he opened the doors of the Starlight Cafe once again Calrex gave a small sigh, as of he had been filled with a sense of nostalgia. Throughout all of the hardships he had experienced with his comrades, it seemed this was one of the only places he could return to that would seemingly remain unchanged. It reminded him of simpler times, back when he didn't have a name for himself, the Ultramarine Knight. He gave a small smile, looking around the place as he took a seat.

It seemed however, that nostalgic feeling had disrupted his usual perception, as he hear someone address him. Looking forward he saw a young man with a samurai-like hairdo, with most of his hair pulled back into a ponytail that starts just a bit back from the middle of the top of his head. Waving off the apology Calrex felt a bead of sweat form on the side of his head, "No, no it's alright. I wasn't paying attention. I guess maybe I just sit here so much that it kind of became muscle memory."

Extending his own hand to shake the person sitting across from him the bluenette gave a nod, "Shinzoku? Nice to meet you, I'm Calrex, and apologies for the interruption, heh."

• 3 weeks later...

As he grasped my hand I nodded at the blue haired player. “So Calrex,” I began pausing for a moment to take a sip of the coffee that was in front of me. “What brings you down to this floor?” As my eyes glanced over him I made a small 'hm' sound. “Shinzoku... Watch yourself, he's a much higher level.” Pressing my hands together I leant onto the table my eyes focused on the coffee that had some white froth on top that was swirling around. “I mean, I can tell you've easily seen quite a few fights. The gait of your walk.”

You wouldn't happen to be a front liner would you?” I asked my voice going quiet at the very end. Glancing up to his crystal I could tell from the green gem that he wasn't a player killer. “I'm sorry, that was rude of me to ask. Please let me get you a drink for my rudeness.” Raising a hand I beckoned the waitress over, gesturing to the man sat with me.

• 1 month later...

"Oh no, it's not a problem at all, heh. I'm sure that my gear probably gave it away, but you are correct. I've participated in a handful of floor raids now, so that would qualify me as a frontliner."

The bluenette gave a small laugh at Shinzoku's reaction to his on questions, as if he was overstepping some kind of boundary. The bluenette had been asked these questions many times in the past, so it was almost something he would expect when wandering around the lower floors and encounter players still training. Looking over at the waiter, giving a friendly nod. Without even needing an answer the man went over to the back, already preparing the iced mocha he usually got, "I'm actually a regular here at this cafe, so I think they've already got what I usually order down to muscle memory, heh. As for what I'm doing down here, well, there's a lot of things that are still on the first floor that haven't been moved, or even discovered on the upper floors. The Starting City I guess you could say is kind of a place I just frequently visit to rest and recharge."

With his drink brought back Calrex gave another nod of thanks before looking back over at the person sitting across from him, "How about yourself? I'm guessing that you're working your way to join the frontlines? It seems to be the goal of everyone I've asked so far."