[Sp-F6] The enemy of love <<calming the soul>> Itzal <completed>

Itzal growled and struck at the bunny again but this time it struck him with the hammer and knocked him into the wall on the other side of the room.  Itzal didn't think it had dealt any damage but it still hurt.  He struggled to get out but he was stuck.  As the bunny slowly hopped over Itzal used Retributor to strike at the stone he was stuck in.   When the bunny was almost on top of him he escaped and fell on the ground, and struck again into a nearby wall, trapped again in the surrounding stone.  What was with this thing!?  It should be easy to beat!  It's so stupid, small, weak and.  Understanding dawned on Itzal.  He had underestimated it.  Just as other players underestimate him because of his size without Niger Natio on, and just as he had been with that wolf that almost got the better of him, he had been arrogant.  He mentally kicked himself for being so foolish.  He looked at the bunny approaching.  This time he wouldn't be so reckless.  This time he'd apply caution.  It may be strong but he wouldn't run away.

Forcing himself out of his prison he circled the bunny with a run.  The creature raised an eyebrow but turned to cut him off.  After it fully turned he stopped and ran the opposite direction, his path taking him a little bit closer to the creature.  The bunny narrowed it's eyes and turned again.  Itzal continued his zig-zag pattern until he was close enough for the bunny to notice what he was doing.  It struck the ground with it's mighty war hammer, causing what Itzal always called a tremor effect, and he ran along the side of the wall to avoid it, jumped off and with that momentum sprinted to the bunny and struck at it's neck.  The blade went completely through and landed a bleeding effect.

Itzal smiled but got out of there as soon as possible, intending now to let the bleeding effect do it's work.

ID#  64726

BD:  10

MD:  5

Result

------------

Demon of Arrogance:  5/12  (base dmg 4 + crit - 1 MIT = 4.  Bleeding added)

Itzal:  36/36

Edited by Itzal

As Itzal ran away, the creature roared and threw it's war hammer with deadly accuracy, it's full force striking Itzal on the back of the head.  He fell to the ground in a daze and in great pain.  He placed a hand on the back of his head and felt himself being turned over.  The bunny stood there, it's red eyes glowing and a shadow over it's face.  The black armor and this, plus the horns made the thing look like a living demon.  It raised it's right foot/hand and let loose talons from a falcon.  It was about to hit again when red pixels burst out from it's throat.  The creature grabbed it's throat and squeezed as it began to turn to dust.  The creature writhed in pain and agony before making the same unearthly cry as the previous creature had.  The explosion proceeded and the room around Itzal transformed.  No longer did it look like a boss room.  Now it looked like a guild hall from one of the front lines.  They were the most honorable guild as well.  The door opened and Itzal pulled himself to his feet and made his way over.

ID#  64727

BD:  2

MD:  10

Result

------------

Demon of arrogance:  deceased  (bleeding 8)

Itzal:  35/36  (3+9 mit)

Edited by Itzal

As Itzal walked out of the door and turned to witness it's change.  After it closed he noted that the figure no longer had a cocky pose but a defensive stance.  What seemed to be spikes along the frame of the door had turned into wavy curves as well.  The monster seemed to be smaller and more of a statue than anything.

"Congrats," the creature behind him said.  Itzal turned around.  It was a little lighter this time, more like a normal gray.  "Yes as I promised I shall explain," it said with the same disturbing smile.  It pointed to the first door.  "Terror," it's hand moved to the second.  "arrogance.  Those were the demons you have just faced."

"Wait," Itzal interrupted.  "Demons?"

"Inner demons," the creature said, it's smile never fading.  "These are the creatures that you struggle with.  The demons of terror, arrogance, and the next two have a strong hold on you whether you believe it or not."  It's smile widened.  "And now you must face the third one."  Itzal hesitated.  He was fighting his demons?  His inner demons?  So that's what the quest does, he thought.  It was a very useful quest, but.

"What happens if I succeed?"

"Then you have conquered your inner darkness and receive an extra skill," the creature said with a smile.  Itzal nodded.

"And if I lose?"  The smile widened.

"Than you become more susceptible to their influence."  Itzal nodded.  This was gambling a lot but he had to win.  He turned to the third door.  It seemed to be lined with carvings of blood and in the center were two players, each with a hand on the others throat and a dagger in the other hand.  The door began to open.  Itzal took a deep breath before entering.

As Itzal walked through he noticed that the room was completely dark except for one area in the center of the room.  In the faint light was a little school girl, maybe seven years old, crying.  'Oh no' he thought.  Terror, arrogance.  He feared that this one would be helplessness.  He ran forward so that he might protect the girl from whatever hid in the darkness.  When he was almost on top of her there was a blinding flash of movement and he staggered back.  His neck felt hot and he looked and saw that the girl was standing up now.  No tears dripped down.  Her eyes were narrow and her smile curled in a malicious and evil grin.  In her hands was a long and cruelly curved dagger.  She chuckled, sending a chill down Itzal's spine.

"This will be easy," she said.  Suddenly the lights came on around them and Itzal staggered.  Dead bodies and bones lay everywhere, for miles without end.  She laughed maniacally.  "I killed them all!" she said with a wild look in her eyes.  "And now I'll kill you!"

OOC-  My character doesn't attack this round because he was caught by surprise

Demon details:  Demon of Bitterness  <>  Hp:  18  <>  Dmg:  10  <>  MIT:  2

ID#  64730

Result

------------

Demon of Bitterness:  18/18

Itzal:  35/36  (3+9 MIT)

Edited by Itzal

Itzal stood there dumbfounded.  The realization was still sinking in.  His mind was overcome with horror at first, then after she jabbed him on the cheek, nothing but pure hate emerged.  She killed all those people!  A little girl!  And she was laughing!  He roared as he thrust Retributor at her but missed as she dodged it with calm movement.  It looked like she was dancing!  She made a high pitch laugh before jabbing at his back, which he blocked by pulling his sword in as if he were sheathing it.  He would not lose this fight.  He would avenge all those fallen players.

ID#  64731

MD:  8

Result

-----------

Demon of Bitterness:  18/18

Itzal:  34/36  (3+9 MIT)

Edited by Itzal

He jumped away just in time to observe her.  Yes she was definitely fighting with a dance like style.  That plus her dagger he'd have to keep his sword close to him and match the dance.  As she struck at him he readjusted his footwork to the dance.  As they kept at it she almost hit him multiple times but he evaded each of them.  Probably due to his enhanced armor no doubt.  As he grew confidence he struck at her and missed several times, but finally landed a hit.  It didn't do much damage but it was a start.

ID#  64732

BD:  5  (+1 accuracy)

Result

---------

Demon of Bitterness:  16/18 (base dmg 4 - 2 MIT)

Itzal:  34/36

Edited by Itzal

The girl's dance became faster after that and Itzal could feel the anger emanating from her strikes.  She made one or two more hits on him, but nothing more than scratches.  He couldn't forgive this girl for what she's done.  She's caused too much grief and pain.  All that murdering, all that slaughtering, all for a few laughs?!  With that thought he swung Retributor in a wide arch, knocking her dagger from her hands and roared as he unleashed snake bite, driving Retributor deep into her heart.  Her face switched from seething anger to incredible pain and fear.  She screamed, not an unearthly scream, but the scream of a little girl who was just beaten.  That scream flashed the image of Aimi in Itzal's mind.

Aimi was the kindest sister he could ever ask for.  Every day when he was bullied he'd tell his parents nothing happened.  But Aimi would walk into his room and see him vulnerable.  One day she came in and sat down beside him.  She hugged him and spoke comforting and encouraging words to him to make him feel better.  Somewhere in that talk she mentioned how the bullies don't understand the pain they cause, or want others to feel pain because of what they've gone through.  She said that they were hurt and don't understand how to live happily.  She told him to forgive the bullies.

ID#  64733

BD:  10

Result

---------------

Demon of bitterness:  8/16  (4 base dmg + crit + snake bite - 2 MIT = 8.  Bleeding added)

Itzal:  33/36

Edited by Itzal

Itzal lowered his blade.  He never understood it at the time, and he refused to forgive them.  But now he thought he understood.  Here he was trying so hard to kill this player killer that he was becoming a killer.  Here he was standing over a little girl who was about to bleed to death like that first demon was planning to do with him.  He understood what Aimi meant.  If we don't forgive others for what they've done, our bitterness turns us into the very thing we despise.  Itzal sank to his knees beside the crying girl  He reached for her, causing her to flinch.  He pulled her close to him very gently, held her against him, and whispered

"I'm sorry."  Her sobbing stopped.  "I'm sorry I tried to kill you.  I also forgive you."  To this she tried escaping his embrace.  "I forgive the many deaths you've caused."  He felt the stress in his body drain, the hotness cooled down.  At the same time the girl tried to hurt him in any way she could, but if she caused any physical pain he ignored it.  Soon she went limp and began turning to dust.  He let her go and the dust blew away from him, followed by the unearthly scream and the explosion.  The scenery changed to his bedroom, where Aimi had comforted him.  He sighed and walked through the door.

ID#  64747

Result

-------------

Demon of Bitterness:  deceased  (bleeding effect)

Itzal:  31/36

Edited by Itzal

As Itzal walked out he turned to look at the door.  Flowers lined the edge of it and the two figures were no longer holding each others throat, but each others hands.  They seemed to be smiling.

"Well well," the creature said.  "I'll admit that was a great feat you did there."  Itzal looked at him with impatience.  It grew just a bit lighter once more, now appearing light gray.

"Alright you said there was more to explain," he said.  The figure smiled so wide that Itzal wondered if the head was growing just to fit the smile. 

"Yes indeed.  With the demon of terror, you learned that you must never let fear control you, but rather use fear as it was always intended:  Fear is meant to be a safeguard to keep people from doing foolish things.  Fear is a different form of respect:  Fear of the danger or possible danger, respect for the threat tools and people pose.  With fear being used correct anyone can evade perilous situations much easier.  The demon of arrogance was almost too easy to figure out for you.  You thought you were infinitely better than the bunny demon and did nothing to prepare yourself.  However you realized your mistake and relied on something else:  courage.  You then knew how strong it was and faced it anyway.  The demon of bitterness was a tough one, as if you had just killed it you would have lost and the fourth demon would have kept it's hold on you forever.  However you managed to realize the truth at the last moment and made amends.  Therefore you passed."  Itzal looked at the fourth door.  It was utterly blank.  No inscriptions whatsoever, no hint no nothing.

"What is the fourth demon?"

Edited by Itzal

The smile on the creature shrunk a little.

"That demon is the strongest of them all," he said slowly.  "He is the one who speaks to you secretly.  He is the one who truly holds Retributor.  If you succeed in slaying him you shall have full control of your thoughts and actions, though he can whisper to you in crucial times.  If you fail however, he will be more powerful than ever and will be able to take over your body if the timing is right."  The smile faded.  "YOU.  MUST.  NOT.  FAIL.  For both our sakes."  Itzal nodded slowly.  Whatever this demon was, it was his worst struggle.  He had no choice but to fight it and kill it.  He took a deep breath and walked through the door.

The room was the oddest one yet.  The ground was obsidian and was completely flat, stretching as far as the eye could see.  There were no walls, no trees, no anything.  The sky was blood red and the clouds were void black.  The sun appeared to be a black hole.  He looked around and spotted the figure he assumed was his final inner demon.  He gasped as he stood face to face with himself.

Demon details:  Demon of Wrath  <>  Hp:  27  <>  Dmg:  15  <>  MIT:  3   <has +2 accuracy, nullifying Itzal's 2 evasive.  On 9-10 hits he adds a weak bleeding effect on Itzal, dealing 2 dmg per turn.  Can be stacked once:  bleeding added, next turn bleeding added again + 2 dmg, third turn +4 dmg, first bleeding ends, fourth turn +2 dmg

Edited by Itzal

The other Itzal was wearing Niger Natio as well, only he appeared totally different.  The outfit was more rigged, the features darker.  Where there was a shade over Itzal's face to cover his features there was a void on he mirrored version of himself.  Retributor was also in his hand, and it glowed dark red.  Itzal realized this is what Jonathan had seen when they sparred.  The dark Itzal slowly walked forward.

"Hello Felix," he said in a more menacing voice than his own, and yet calm and collect, as if he'd planned this whole thing out.  "I am your alter ego, your split personality.  I am Ulises Arno.  And I am where you draw strength."  He gestured to the world around him.  "This is where I was born!  My domain!  My prison.  I know it isn't very much but I promise you it was nothing but a void before you entered the death game.  Now I've gained strength and have been slowly shaping my world as I see fit.  Occasionally as you grew angry I could make a connection, seeping my feelings into your own and therefore gaining even more strength.  Now the time has come for us to duel.  I am not at full strength of course, but I'll do my best to cut you!"  There was anger in his words.  That plus the name...

"Wrath," Felix said.  "You're the demon of wrath."  The demon chuckled.

"No," he said.  "A demon is a spiritual being that tries to bring down humans.  I'm you!" he said, pointing an accusing finger at Felix.  "I am literally your dark side!  Your dark nature at it's peak!  Though yes, I am known as wrath."  He nodded his head.  "Those other beings you fought were also a part of you, but not nearly as strong.  No, they only gave birth to me.  And yet without a spark to fuel your anger I was nothing.  Now I am strong!"  He made a small grunt as Felix thrust Retributor into Ulises.  Ulises grinned.  "You are angry Felix," he cooed.  "That makes me stronger.  It makes you stronger too, but for me it's in the long run!  The more anger you collect the more I.  What's that phrase you gamer's say?  Level up!"  Ulises shoved Felix away and laughed.  "Let the games begin!"

ID#  64751

BD:  9

Result

--------------

Ulises:  25/27  Bleeding added

Felix:  36/36

Edited by Itzal

Ulises charged and swung his blade in an uppercut which Felix parried.  As Ulises' sword swung away, he let go and grabbed it with his left hand perfectly, striking down instantly afterward.  Felix was completely taken by surprise but backed up in time to avoid the blow.  Ulises pressed forward, driving Felix further and further back along the endless smooth landscape.  Felix could understand why Ulises would want to grow stronger, as well as increase the details in his domain, but he couldn't and wouldn't let him control him any longer.  Unfortunately it looked like he had duplicated, and perfected Felix' battle technique.  Ulises locked blades with Felix and bellowed with laughter.

"Fool!"  He shouted as the red pixels emerged from his torso.  "Where do you think you got the technique?  A new way to strike over and over again at your opponent without ceasing?  Think about it!  Fully offensive!  I invented it and shared the idea with you!  That's where your strength comes from!"  Felix broke the block and prepared for the next assault.

ID#  64757

MD:  2

Result

--------------

Ulises:  17/27  (8 bleeding dmg)

Felix:  36/36

Edited by Itzal

Felix couldn't think of a counter defense in time.  He was totally helpless before the barrage of strikes Ulises unleashed.  As the attacks grew faster the glowing blade glowed brighter, and soon Ulises had landed three large cuts on Felix' cheek, thigh and torso.  Felix tried to fall back but he caught him in another lock.

"Without me your weak!" he screamed as the second effect of bleeding took place.  "Even the name you chose.  Itzal.  Shadows.  You hide because you are afraid!  You need me in the fight.  You need me to survive!"  He broke off the lock and seemed tired.  Of course he was, he was almost out of health.  Felix saw the red glow of his eyes.  The eyes of hate.  "Your wrath is what makes you strong," he said.  And instantly Felix knew there was another solution to his philosophy.

ID#  64758

Result

-----------

Ulises:  9/27

Felix:  33/36

Edited by Itzal

Soon they collided again, this time both on the offensive.  They both landed hits but the cut was so small it dealt no damage whatsoever.  They both used the technique and as they fought Felix tried to think.  Fear wasn't a bad thing he had learned, only when you let it consume you was it bad.  Fear was another form of respect.  Bitterness was a branch of anger and not it's own emotion exactly.  Arrogance is over-confidence.  Courage is confidence at it's perfect stage.  So what was anger good for?

ID#  64759

BD:  3

MD:  4

Result

---------------

Nothing changed

Edited by Itzal

Felix missed a strike and lost his balance.  Taking advantage of the slip, Ulises knee's Felix in the stomach and slashes down at his back as he falls.  Felix gets over his pain and rolls onto his back, letting Retributor block the incoming pierce of it's dark twin.  Come on think.  What is a good situation with anger?  When is anger a good thing?  Come on, come on!  As he struggled to keep Ulises from hitting him again a memory resurfaced.

ID#  64761

BD:  4

MD:  7

Result

--------------

Felix:  30/36

Edited by Itzal

The memory was about he and his sister when they were shopping together.  On the way back they were attacked by a thug.  He tried getting his hands on Aimi and talked dirty while he did so.  Outraged Felix had hit the man hard in the stomach and told Aimi to run.  The beating he had received could have resulted in death if the police hadn't arrived at just the right time.  After the serious pummeling he took the police took him to the hospital and called his parents.  When Aimi asked him why he did that.

"I was angry," he muttered.  His sword slipped and Ulises thrust the sword into Felix, but drew it out almost immediately afterward.

"What did you say?" he asked.

ID#  64762

Result

----------------

Felix:  27/36

Edited by Itzal

"That night when I took the hits for Aimi.  I hit that man because of what he said.  He was going to do terrible and evil things to her.  I was angry that anyone would do such a thing."  He shook his head.  "I wasn't hateful towards him.  But that's just it isn't it?  We get angry because we care about something.  That's the purpose of anger, to know what is worth defending and what is worth fighting against.  It's not worth it to get angry at other people because we make mistakes.  But it is worth it fighting against this game trying to get home again."  He smiled sadly.  "Hatred is wrong, but anger has it's purpose."  Ulises was still for a moment.  Suddenly he lashed out at Felix who rolled to his feet just in time and blocked the next strike.

"I'M GOING TO MAKE YOU BLEED FOR THOSE WORDS!!!"

ID#  64765

MD:  3

Result

-----------

Nothing changes

Edited by Itzal

Ulises swung with full force of the technique at Felix, who was barely deflecting the attacks.

"YOUR HATE GIVES YOU STRENGTH!!!" he roared.  "IT GIVES YOU THE POWER TO WIN!"  He struck again and again until he finally made a long cut up Felix' left arm.  After that he jumped back and panted as he tried to regain his breath.  Felix sighed, unfazed by the damage.

"Hatred in combat makes you wild and uncontrolled.  It's more of a weakness if you are fighting someone with the right trai-"

"SHUT UP!!!" Ulises roared and charged again.

ID#  64766

BD:  1

Result

-------------

Felix:  24/36

Edited by Itzal

Felix stood there completely still.  Ulises was about to prove his point.  Ulises swung the darker Retributor into Felix, not seeing that Felix had charged a rank II sword art for the first time.  Felix unleashed vertical arc, striking him at both shoulders.  Ulises let go of his sword and took a couple steps back.  He was defeated.  He was silent for a long time.  Then he began to laugh.

"Very well," he said.  "You've beaten me.  But I won't leave you alone!  I will claw my way back to power Felix!"  Felix shook his head.

"No you will not.  But I'm not going to kill you either."

"Huh?" Ulises replied, complete confusion in his voice.  "Why not?"  Felix shook his head.

"You aren't just hate, your anger in it's purest form too.  You feel angry when you see something wrong happen don't you?  That's why you want to lash out at others, that's why you make me want to hunt other player killers isn't it?"  Ulises was silent.  "Now that I know you exist I will try to reshape you into what you were meant to be.  Righteous anger.  Along with that you'll have the power of the heart."  He looked around.  "And next time I visit please use that power to redecorate.  It's disturbing here."  Ulises stared at Felix in disbelief.

"You.  You're coming back?"  He questioned.  Felix nodded.

"I know what it's like to be alone and obviously I've isolated you, my anger, for too long.  I've learned that if you don't care for something or someone it will grow in a dark way, turning on you and everything else.  That's why I'm going to come back.  Let's try fixing each other shall we?"  Ulises was silent for a moment.  Then chuckled.

"Very well.  I'll make this compromise:  Grant me power and I will change this realm for your sake.  But when I feel the need to I will whisper my words to you Felix.  If you turn your back I will have a hold again."  Felix nodded.

"Agreed."  And with that he walked through the door.

ID#  64767

BD:  7

Result

-------------

Ulises:  0/0  (mostly dead  XD  <4 base damage + crit + vertical arc - 3 MIT = 17 dmg)

Felix:  21/36

Edited by Itzal

After he emerged from the door he didn't bother looking at the change.  It was probably still blank for all he knew.  The creature was now a glowing white being instead of black.  It smiled at him, not disturbingly but happily.

"Excellent Felix!" it praised.  "You have defeated all your inner demons!  Be careful as they will try slipping their influences in your mind when unawares."  He pointed to a third door where he appeared in the first place.  "Go through that door to leave."  Felix smiled at the creature and nodded.

"Before I go," he said.  "How can I return here?"  The creature smiled.

"Come back to the waterfall," it said.  "You won't be able to fight the creatures who still hate you but if Ulises is willing you are permitted into his realm.  After much meditation and practice, you might be able to come here by meditating at any quiet place."  Felix smiled.

"Thanks."  With that he left the strange realm.  When he emerged he saw Velnia staring at him worriedly.  He chuckled when she loop the looped at his return.  "Boy have I got a story to tell you."

Summary

-------------------

+400 col

+meditation skill

+3 Sp