[F1-PP-COMPLETED] Shaky Beginings <Itzal, Mossino>

So, it all happened. They were trapped. Inside a video game. And they could all die in the game, and die in real life. It was uh…shocking to say the least? Maybe more shocking to some than others, some had already gotten to other floors and were actually doing things. Some were relaxing on the first floor. And well, some were still completely shell-shocked by all of it.

And that was exactly what was happening to Alisa. She was still completely shocked about what was going on. Trapped in a video game like this? This was straight out of a story or some anime she would have watched in the real world. She didn’t know whether to go for help, just rot on the first floor, actually fight or what to do in general. It had been a few days and…she just..wasn’t sure.

The teen was sitting on a bench, in the back of the starting city, near a ledge with some railing. She was wearing the starter clothes, the top of which were covered in her long blond hair. She hadn’t even met anyone since this started, too afraid to do so.

Edited by Mossino

Itzal walked through the town of beginnings, most of the players and npcs nervous to come anywhere near him with Niger Natio equipped.  He never really liked wearing it when he wasn't fighting but until his order was complete he couldn't use anything else.  He had used up all but the last shred of durability of his starter clothes and seeing as he'd rather not have it break on him while walking through the streets he simply switched to Niger Natio and ditched the common clothing.  Usually he kept the hood and mouthpiece down, but this was an unusually cold day, and the nervous npcs tended to back away from him, making a clear path.  Most of the time he had to shove his way past everyone but with this advantage he could go anywhere he wanted with ease.

The only real reason he was down here was because he was asked to.  He was wrapping things up with the first floor, ready to leave it and the wolves he had fought against for so long behind him, and an npc had lost her child.  Itzal went to retrieve the toddler and returned it to the woman in the town.  Now he was heading out.  He had a lot on his mind with the death of Velnia, his familiar.  He definitely needed to speak with Ulises before he goes crazy on him again.  But that would have to wait.  Ulises needed time to process the loss.  He reacted out of rage while Itzal never bothered with excuses or denial and just accepted the fact.  He loved Velnia but he had to admit that she was an npc and could respawn.

As he walked along the road he noticed something odd.  There was a teenager sitting on a bench, and unlike all the other players on floor one, who were either desperately trying to level up or get better equipment to either survive or catch up with the others, or the people who were simply enjoying themselves since they weren't fighters of any sort, she seemed to have a black rain cloud over her head, depressed, shocked perhaps.  Itzal stopped walking.  He hadn't seen someone like this before and wondered if he should help.  Finally he smiled as he realized that he really didn't have a choice.  He walked over to her.

"Hey there.  You alright?"

As the man approached he would get a clearer picture of the girl sitting on the bench. Lighter, white skin, long blond hair, standard starting clothes. The woman was shorter, confirming the child-like statement he had surveyed. She had brown eyes and a kind looking face. The problem was that it seemed extremely saddened at the current moment. She seemed to barely even notice the man approach her and walk up to the bench.

She jumped lightly when he called out to her, seemingly have no idea how to react to someone approaching her, never-the-less talking to her. She looks up at him, tilts her head, and looks lightly confused. After a second she stammers out, "A-Ah I'm uh...fine..." she mutters, not wanting to bother other people with her own problems. She looked away from him.

"I guess I shouldn't lie...I-I'm just overwhelmed." she mutters a second later.

Overwhelmed? he thought.  Did she have a lot of pressure from other players?  Was that it?  Or was it that there was so many-  OH.  He got it.  Itzal himself never had an issue with it from the start because he figured it was exactly like real life except with video game aspects.  And really that's what it was.  There was everything real life has, including marriage and murders.  The only thing this game couldn't provide was offspring, which lets face it.  If and when we get out of here that can come later.  This girl was still overwhelmed by the fact that she was trapped in something she probably meant to use as a pastime.  Now however it was her new life.  When he realized that he mentally kicked himself for forgetting how most others thought.  He sat down beside the obviously frightened girl.

"Overwhelmed by the truth I assume?  The fact that we really can't leave and that if we die here we die in the real world?  Just like how if we wander around at night we might have an encounter with a-" he hesitated as this recalled a painful memory of his.  "A murderer?  Don't worry, as long as you have someone to start you on your feet, and friends to help you on your way you'll be fine."  He watched the girls reactions and realized that if shes been like this the entire time she probably had no idea how to play this game whatsoever.  Although she couldn't see it, he smiled, recalling his first time.  He probably would have been munch meat before he made it to the next town.  Still.  It wasn't his decision to make.  He couldn't just butt into peoples business and expect them to let him help.  He needed her to want his help first.

She watched him closely, and her eyes widen a bit as he hit the nail on the head the first try. It seemed to relax her as she heard he had been through the same experiences that she is going through. She very desperately wanted, and needed help at the same time. And he was right in his presumption that she barely knew how to play the game. She at most new how to open the menu and spawn in the starter food. The problem was..she had no one to help her on her feet.

She still looked decently glum.

"I uh...d-don't have any one...to help...me..." she mentions, hanging her head lightly. She didn't want to come out and bother him by asking him for help but...she could use it, a lot. It was quite obvious.

Itzal was realizing that she wasn't about to ask for his help any time soon.  It was painfully obvious she needed it though so he thought about how he should go about to helping her ask him.  After some consideration he thought about a possible solution.

"Well have you tried to make friends?  Here, you can start with me," he said.  In order to make her more comfortable he pulled down his hood and mouthpiece and smiled at her, holding his hand out in friendship.  "My name's Itzal.  Nice to meet you!"  Hopefully this would break her out of her shell.  If she was still nervous then they might have a slight problem.  He was certain that eventually he'd be able to kick the fear out of her but until then all he could do was help her take the first step.  He knew that it was vital for one to ask for help than to simply hope someone comes along to help you.  A lot of players checked up on the lower ones down here, it was true, but they can't keep relying on others, especially with player killers killing off players with the heart to do so.

He had to help her find the strength and passion.  He needed to help her find the desire.  To do that he needed to get to know her.

She blinked at his hand for a second, unsure whether to take it and shake it, or what. But, his reassuring smile comforted her, and she gave a light one back. She'd take his hand and shake it. "N..nice to meet you..I'm Alisa." she mutters. She really was in a shell. Combining her real life experiences with this, she had no idea how to approach someone. No idea how to talk to anyone. It was lightly amazing she was able to talk to Itzal without locking up. But, his words and actions seem to be helping. The figurative black cloud over her head seem to be lightning up and disappearing.

Perhaps with a bit of help, training, and such, she could become a useful ally later down the road.

Itzal was happy she responded.  This obviously wouldn't be easy, but she seemed to have taken the first step.  He could work with that.  Normally he'd jump into what kind of fighter she'd want to be, since strategies, styles, tactics and techniques were somewhat of a pastime for him, but decided to try talking comfort.  Which he wasn't sure how good he was at it.  He wanted to be a scout and he was pretty close to becoming one.  Just a little more and..  He drifted his thoughts back to the current situation.

"Alisa huh?  Ok.  Nice to meet you."  He finally decided just to offer his advice.  She wouldn't ask him until she broke out of her shell so he'd have to be an example.  "If you want I could help you out."

She heard his last words and tilted her head a bit. Thinking to herself for a few seconds. He could help her? Bah! How was she so blind, he was offering it to her from the beginning. This made her smile widen at her own stupidity and she nodded at him. It was time not to just sit around anymore. Some more, optimistic ideas filled her head about actually helping people escape the game but. She knew that was far, far away.

But now, she wasn't gloomy, perhaps she was even beaming now. Smiling lightly, she states, with light excitement in her voice, "You would? Thank you so much that would be great!"

Itzal couldn't help but smile, and even let out a tiny chuckle at the girls response.  To be honest she reminded him of a little orphan who was just adopted.  He wondered how that image popped up in his head but didn't worry about it.

"Alright then!  First I'm going to need to know what weapon you chose before we get started ok?  While fighting a few monsters we can work on your fighting style."  He stood up smiling.  "Come on, you can tell me on the way.  Boars are the easiest monsters to fight so we'll start with them ok?  I'll grab their attention and you hit them.  Simple as that right?"

OOC- I'll be afk for a little bit but will be back before lunch

She stood up, giving the man a smile. She was rather relieved now to be honest. "Uhm...I chose a uh...let me check.." she muses to herself before opening the menu. At least she knows how to do that. It takes her a second but she opens her inventory and looks. "Ra...pier, Rapier, I chose a Rapier." she states. "Let's go!" she happily states, following the man to whether they needed to go. She felt a lot better now. He took the step she needed to a long time ago. Ask for help.

Rapier huh? he thought.  So she didn't intend to be a tank after all.  He remembered how Verus, the player who helped him on his first time, had used a rapier.  Now the tables have turned he thought.  Rapier was a weapon used for precision, pierces and series of quick jabs and the like.  Slashing at opponent's with a rapier would be like throwing a stick at a heavily armored monster.  She'd have to train her eye to detect open areas and points of vulnerability in her opponent's.  This would be a great skill to have as it would help her identify critical areas she could strike at, and if she had that then she could inform the rest of the group.  Of course the next trick would be landing a successful crit.

"Rapier.  Ok then.  Why don't you go ahead and equip it.  We're getting closer after all."  As they approached the gate he saw that the boar were once again roaming around by themselves.  They tended to do that a lot on the first floor, making it easier for low leveled players to level up faster.  Of course if you were level one like this player probably was it was NEVER a good idea to go fight monsters alone until you reached a decent level.  He stopped.

"Ok, I'll get the boar's attention and you strike at it.  If you hit it then I'll finish it off before it can hurt you ok?"  He turned to one of the boar and whistled for it's attention.  When it saw him it became a little nervous due to his appearance and level.  But as soon as Itzal called it an insulting name all fear was lost in pure rage as it charged Itzal.  He sat there a moment unmoving and dodged the giant oaf at the last second.  As it ran by Alisa he cried "Hit it now!"

Mob details:  Boar  <>  4 hp  <>  3 dmg

ID:  65427

BD:  3

MD:  5

Result

--------------

Boar:  4/4

Itzal:  52/52  <>  13/13  energy

Alisa:  4/4  <>  1/1 energy

Edited by Itzal

She equipped the basic rapier as they walked par his request. It was a simple, standard, steel rapier, nothing special to it at all. She listened to his words carefully, As they got to the gate she decently reluctantly walked out with him, not one-hundred percent sure on fighting but, he went ahead and started. Heeding his words on precision, she watched the boar, trying to figure if there was any weak point. Lucky for her, she did have a keen eye for differences and oddities.

She stood near Itzal, but far enough away to dodge the boar if it came after her. But, as Itzal taunted the boar, it went after him, and he easily routed it, being a much higher level than the beast. She watched with light awe until he called out to her, snapping her back to reality.

"Right!" she exclaims before looking for a break in the boars defense. Taking an opportunity, she steps forward, attempting to stab the back of the beast to deal damage, quickly recoiling away after.

The strike lands fine, and due to her skill upgrade in Rapier's she does two damage to the boar. It tries to retaliate but, she jumps out of the way too quickly and takes no damage in return.

--------------

ID# 65439

BD: 8
MD: 1

-------------

Boar: 2/4 HP

Itzal 52/52 HP <>  13/13  Energy

Alisa 4/4HP <> 0/1 Energy

Edited by Mossino

OOC- monsters attack whoever has the highest hate.  If I hit the boar I have it's hate.  That means it won't attack you until one post after your attack.  Also, it can only attack on my turn so you don't need to roll for the mob. :)

Itzal nodded with a grin as she made her first hit in the game.  It was a pretty good hit for a beginner seeing as how the target was moving.  Especially seeing as how it was a thrust rather than a slash which had a better chance of hitting.  He charged the boar while reaching for Retributor but right before he drew his blade the boar seemed to recognize the movement and jumped out of the way, moving around Itzal to charge Alisa.  Itzal saw this and knew that if the boar managed a critical hit it could kill her.  This knowledge clutched his heart in fear and he lunged at the boar, grabbing it's legs and forcing it to the ground.  The boar tried to get to it's feet and attack her but he kept it down.

"Now Alisa!  Finish it off!"

ID:  65445

BD:  2

Result

------------

Nothing changes

Edited by Itzal

Alisa's eyes widened as she saw the boar turn its attention. But, she seemed lightly relieved when she saw Itzal grab the boar and bring it down. She then readied her attack and looked for a point right in the middle of its forehead. She'd take a few quick steps forward and attempt to impale the beast, quickly ending its life.

The rapier hit lands, and impales the boars head, dealing two damage. It kills the beast instantly, her first kill, and first step towards being useful in the game. She smiles widely and looks rather happy. "Hey! I got it!..." she seems Itzal still on the ground, "H-Hey are you okay!?" she exclaims, quickly coming to his side.

ID# 65453

BD: 7

MD: 9

Itzal laughed.  He had never grabbed onto a monster like he did today and it was kind of funny!  He continued to laugh as he rolled on his back and smiled to Alisa.

"That was completely unlogical, no strategy, no tactics.  And that was fun!"  He laughed a little more as he pushed himself up to his feet and placed a hand on Alisa's shoulder.  "You did really well too!  Very precise, you've got a good eye for this!"  He smiled at her sincerely.  "Just a little knowledge, a couple friends.  You'll be on your feet in no time."  He looked around and spotted another lone boar.  "How about we tackle another one?  Let's level you up as soon as possible."

He turned to the boar and threw a rock at it, hitting it's forehead precisely.  The boar turned to him angrily and he gestured for it to come at him.  Once again he dodged the boar at the last second.  When he started he had trouble avoiding monsters.  Now however they seemed very slow to him.  "You got this!" he called.

ID#  65454

BD:  1

MD:  4

Edited by Itzal

She gave him a sincere smile when he patted her shoulder. She didn't say much, she was still rather shy but. She nodded when he said they should kill another boar. Following right behind him, she stops and watches him antagonize the boar. Readying her rapier, she waited for it to get closer before going in for the hit. Quickly but efficiently dealing damage. She was still smiling, it seemed like she was enjoying herself for the first time in a long while.

The rapier collides with the boar, knocking it off course and it goes right by Itzal. She dealt a solid 2 damage. "Like that right!" she states excitedly.

Roll ID: 65455

Itzal smiled as Alisa replied excitedly.  She was starting to get out of her shell at last.  He rushed at the boar and was about to draw his sword when he had a sense of deja vu.  The boar dodged him but then moved a second time before he could grab a hold of it.  As it rushed to Alisa he cried "Jump to the side!"  Thankfully she did as he told and escaped the boar's path.  If that had been a wolf she would be in trouble, but boar couldn't change direction when charging.  Man was his luck bad today.  "Try hitting it again!"

ID#  65456

BD:  2

-------------

Boar:  2/2

Itzal:  52/52  <>  13/13

Alisa:  4/4  <>  1/1

Edited by Itzal

She recoiled away as the boar came near her, but this gave her an incredible chance to finish it off. Charging after it, she pulls her blade back and attempts to impale it.

The strike impales the boar's back, dealing another two damage and killing it. But, as it goes down it lashes out with its fangs, and Alisa, being too close gets hit. She groans in pain and steps back, her leg having a pixelated scratch on it. She then turns to Itzal, "H-hey, you okay?" she asks, tilting her head, ignoring her own damage.

Battle ID# 65457

MD: 7

Alisa 1/4 HP

Edited by Mossino

Itzal flinched when he saw her take a hit but was relieved that it wasn't a critical.  He nodded to her.

"It didn't touch me, though I wish it did.  Let's wait a moment so your health will regenerate."  He heard some nearby boars take interest in the weakened player and drew Retributor in front of her for the first time.  It seemed darker than usual.  Most likely Ulises' work after what happened.  At the site of the blade, plus the look he gave them caused them to back away nervously.  He sheathed his sword again.  "Don't worry those mobs won't bother us.  Be honest, it hurt didn't it?"