[PP-F4] «Feeding the Enemy» Search for the Nine-tailed Frostfire Fox

pokemon-alola-form-vulpix-ninetails-featured-360x240.png

"Rumor has it, in the northern peaks of the 4th floor lives the legendary nine tailed frostfire fox. A rare magical creature, even among it's kind, as it controls the mystical flames that is frostfire, or so rumor says. It is said that this legendary fox can only be found deep in the snowy peaks of the 4th floor after surpassing multiple tasks and the creature itself will only allow it to be tamed if it deems the master to be worthy."

The wanderer trudges on through the snow as a chilling wind blew across the mountain pass. It has been some time since the wanderer last walked through this mountain pass. He had thought that he would never be walking through this place again,  but that doesn't seem to be the case. He's here for a different matter. This time, he's in search for a rare mystical creature that supposedly lives around these parts. He has been putting off this quest for the longest time, but now that the wanderer's levels has risen considerably, he's going to need to tame his own familiar. As the wanderer walked on the path, he swipes his finger in the air and takes out a lamb haunch to help in his search.

Accompanying him is his companions from recent quests, Baldur and Cygnus, and a somewhat familiar, Hunie. They have been travelling for about an hour now and the weather hasn't let up one bit. It didn't exactly poured down like it normally did before. The snow just casually fell from the skies as if only warming up for a large storm.

- Lamb Haunch Used - [+2 LD]

Edited by Rain

It always seemed to amuse Baldur that his mind simply could not get past the idea that the desert floors were hot, and so he was always uncomfortable in spite of the fact that he possessed the <<survival>> skill, and when he was on the snowing floor, he was unaffected by the cold. He knew it was all mental, he wasn't really sweating when he was climbing those sand dunes, but he hated it none the less. Here he finds himself trudging through the snow, where he should be freezing dressed as he was, yet he was not bothered by the feeling of cold.

"I would say this reminds me of home, but I've only been to Norway once." Baldur chuckled at his own, invisible joke.

"Being that I'm of Norse descent I always feel like Norway is home, but I only visited once. It was pretty amazing though. I'll always be pining for the fjords."

He tried to keep his eyes open for danger, but being that they were on the fourth floor, the only danger they might come across were "red" players. He felt comfortable in Rain's combat ability, and while he knew Cygnus was a solid ally, it was almost impossible to overcome the tier 1 and tier 2 divide. Victor was a bit of a wild card.

"Tell me Victor, what kind of a build are you? Pure DPS? Hybrid?"

Edited by Baldur
  • 2 weeks later...

Cygnus shivered in the freezing cold of the fourth floor. It seemed he had been coming here a lot lately. Why, he honest to god didn't know. This floor was among his least favorite. He didn't handle the cold well, and so the warrior tried to avoid this floor when he could. But as fate would have it, he ended up here a lot. The place wasn't too bad. Over time, Cygnus began to appreciate some of its qualities. The beauty of its forests, the calmness, the tranquility. If it wasn't so damn cold, it would be a nice place to relax. He didn't regret coming along though. His friends Baldur and Rain were with him, and that was enough. He hadn't met Hunie before, but she seemed nice enough. The group had come together for the purpose of assisting Rain in helping him find a familiar. He heard him mention it in an earlier encounter they had. The player used the goal as inspiration to keep trudging through the pass. He stayed silent for the most part, focused on putting one foot in front of the otehr and ignoring the bitter cold.

• 3 weeks later...

(OOC: Hunie isn't joining this thread, Victor is, could you edit Baldur, I'm so sorry for the misunderstanding, could I assume the question was for him? If not lemme know and I'll edit.) 

The boy wrapped his coat tighter around his lean frame as he trundled through the snow carpeted fourth floor. His breath materialising into a condensed cloud in front of him. The boy grew tired of suppressing her shudder, so he let his body shiver lightly. It was safe to say this was one of his least favourite floors despite the picturesque pristine white scenes. He followed the footsteps of his ever-familiar crew. The brown haired young adult, realised that except for Cygnus, he hadn't really had a conversation with any of the others in this little cohort. With that thought he shuffled forward, leaving trails in the snow, in his wake, instead of the neat prints. Gasping he caught up with one of the two Katana wielders. "I'm trying to go DPS... I'm really behind most people though, wasted a bunch of time, trying to figure this damn game out." He said, with gritted teeth, but ensuring that there wasn't any hostility in his tone. 

"More dps..." The wanderer paused for a moment in his words. He didn't want to seem condescending, nor did want to sound very supportive of his chosen role. Don't get me wrong, DPS is great, especially in the frontlines, but recently, with the up and coming patch, there's going to be a need for more tanks, especially when there's a large group. "That's good," he said. It was subtle, without sounding very condescending.

He didn't particularly paid much attention to their conversation other than his slight comment on his chosen role. He was more focused on the path ahead and what's to come. As they kept trudging on through the snow, the snowfall began to fall somewhat heavier and faster. It seems that there's going to be a storm soon.

"There's going to be a slight storm soon." The wanderer spoke in an authoritative tone. He knew this place well as this was near the place where he learned and mastered his katana. He knew specifically that if the snow starts to fall harder, you'll only have a few more minutes before it becomes a full on blizzard - which usually doesn't last long, but it still blankets the area with even more snow. "We should find some shelter to hide in while we wait out the storm, it shouldn't last long." He says as he kept scanning the area looking for a cave or something to take shelter in, but to no avail.

Baldur hiked up the collar of his haori, looking around at the others. "Do you all have the survival skill?" Since he had the skill, the cold didn't have an effect on him the way it would the others. If the others didn't have it yet, however, it could actually cause them damage.

His steel blue eyes scanned through the snow and into the distance but couldn't see anything that looked like a cave in the area. If they continued in this direction, there would more mountains and eventually caves. Baldur had wandered this floor often. and while he couldn't give the exact location of a cave, he knew they were many.

"Well, at least we'll have Cygnus to take a hit for us once we get him caught up." Baldur smiled and patted his friend on the shoulder. Of them, he was the one who was taking heavy armor and would be the toughest, eventually. For now, however, Baldur held that distinction simply due to sheer volume of HP.