[PP-F2] Agent of shadows and light <<Let there be light>> <Itzal, Kasier and Kindle>

As Itzal made his way through the town he recalled the cave he met Velnia in.  He wondered if she would respawn there.  It was always worth a shot after all.  He didn't have much to do on this floor but he was certain there were always players to help.  The last time he ventured into that cave it hadn't been very far at all.  In fact he was fairly lucky and found Velnia near the entrance.  Now however he would search under every rock and crevice to find her again.  He usually didn't have his hood or mouthpiece on while in towns but today was different.  Why?  Because it seemed to be a holiday in the town and therefore npcs crowded the streets more than usual.  Usually he loved celebrations but npcs caused trouble for him so with his entire outfit on people made a path for him.  As he left the town he looks out at the road that spreads out through the land.  Once again he'd be taking this road.  He was about to continue when he thought he heard someone nearby.

Edited by Itzal

Kindle nervously shivered as she looked to her mission log, the description alone of the dark cave being enough to send her into panic. Now that she was at the cave though she turned tail and ran toward the nearest tree curled up in a ball merely attempting to regain her composure. Her eyes wide open as she stared into her own legs the light of day creeping in from around. Although it wasn't completely necessary she for still managed to feel that sensation of shortness of breath from her near hyperventilating state. These moments few and far between where Kindle was left in such a traumatic experience for herself.  "G-get a grip of yourself Kindle," she gasped now staring back up toward the forest as she rose both hands to wipe her face attempting to gather confidence to at least stare into the darkness once more. Shivering as she merely thought about the entrance. "Come on only stupid kids are afraid of the dark and you aren't a little kid any more by any stretch," as she argued with herself she began jostle her own head back and forth with the frantic smacking from side to side. As she sat there though rustling of grass could be heard, quickly snapping up she began to brush herself down and wipe away any fears as she attempted to return to her usual stone cold self. Why on earth was anyone else coming to this god-forsaken cave she thought everyone else would have left her in the dust as she awaited to take it on.

Itzal made his way over to the sound.  Like always when scouting out an area he climbed a tree and began leaping from one branch to another with silent precision.  There were multiple different types of players he could possibly find and each had their outcome.  Pkers were always at the top of his list so he could be prepared for them.  Depending on level he could either fight off an attacker, or run for it.  He vowed never to kill unless he had absolutely no other option.  The second on his list were new players if he was on the first few floors.  Usually they needed help so he would do what he could for them.  Otherwise he'd find that they were either too cocky for their own good or otherwise impossible to work with and he knew he could do nothing for them.  Then of course there were the front liners.  He doubted they'd ever come back down here but it was always a possibility.  If he did meet one he'd like to get the chance to talk with them and get advice if he could.

As he made his way over to the sound Ulises began stirring in his mind.  Ulises slept as well, and he usually stayed up closer to night hours than anything else.  Now that he was waking up however he demanded to know the situation and why they were jumping through trees.  Itzal told him how he heard a sound and wanted to investigate it.  'I just hope it's worthwhile,' Ulises replied causing Itzal to smile.  When he finally reached the area he stopped.  The first thing he spotted was the cave Velnia was once in.  Ulises noticed this too but he drew Itzal's attention to something else.  A woman was sitting at the base of a tree, somewhat curled up and therefore obscuring his view of anything besides her face.  She had black hair, yellow or orange eyes, and from what he could tell was 'Absolutely gorgeous!' Ulises finished.  Itzal hated it when Ulises did that, but he was fueled by passion, nothing more.  Sighing quietly he quickly made his way down to the lower branches without a sound.

"You ok?" he asked.

Kindle sighed not fully prepared for the surprise in store from a boy leaping down out of the branches of the tree near her before a voice spoke up concerned of her previously curled up position. Her eyes were fixed upon the darkness once more of that the cave formed now screeching out her inexperienced fist flying out toward the male who made a noise. Sadly for her he wasn't quite in arms reach as she now spun out losing her grip and twirling around still panicking about the mission she would have to take on completely within the darkness. Her worst nightmare if any were to come true, even at night she would sleep with the lights on due to her phobia. As she twirled like a ballerina losing her balance she caught herself with on arm on the tree before staring up at Itzal. "W-what the heck are you doing sneaking up on me like that!" Furious with the sudden appearance of the male she began to boil over, "The heck do you think you are doing, if I was stronger and a little closer I could have taken off your head and then where would you be! Idiot!" She growled now finding a place to retreat from the darkness back into anger fueled territory. 

Itzal was surprised at the woman's fast reactions, but his were faster.  He instinctively prepared to jump back to avoid the blow before realizing that she was too far away from her for that to happen.  He mentally frowned.  He kept forgetting that most players react the wrong way when they hear or see something suspicious.  Still he probably could have made some sort of warning of his approach.  As he sat on the branch he listened to her scolding.  Ulises was growing more fond of her by the second.  'Beautiful, AND a fire in her soul!'  'ULISES, SHUT UP'  Now that she had turned around he noticed her outfit and although she couldn't see it, blushed.  Itzal hadn't been around any girls besides his sister in his life, and when on the computer he was either looking up anything related to technology or playing games.  Even Ulises became slightly uncomfortable as he didn't know how to proceed with the situation.  When she called him an idiot he didn't argue.  He doubted that she could kill him with one blow, let alone actually hit him, but he didn't state that.  He simply said,

"Sorry.  Old habits die hard I guess."  He glanced at the cave and back at her.  He scanned her and noticed that she didn't carry a weapon.  Odd...  "Why are you interested in that cave?  And do you not use any weapons?"

As he questioned her she sighed regaining her composure and sulking back into her more tranquil state as her nerves were no longer twitching in fear. She sighed and hung her head, "Why don't boys just mind there own business when a girl is sitting in the woods by themselves?" A rather rhetorical question as she had now wish for him to actually answer it, even now she felt that this 'guy' was attempting to picture her in every possible form he could imagine as they all were quite focused upon bewitching hot girls and she was already out of college for the most part grant it she did appear a bit younger than her age showed. "My intentions toward that cave and the lack of weaponry that I carry is of no concern to you so why don't you leave," she droned half bored already as she then stopped realizing this was an opportunity for her to complete the quest without even entering the darkness. 

"Although, I do have a quest an while I have no real col to repay you as I still am saving for better equipment I would be grateful if you went in there killed the bats and rescued the young child in my stead. Perhaps then I will accept your apology for sneaking up on me." Keeping any comments about her not entering it in a million years to herself as she caught glance of it once more. Her body quaking in fear of what other creatures could have been lurking within the shadow confides.

Itzal listened to her question and from the look she gave him believed she intended for him to answer.  He sighed.

"Curiosity would be the easy way out of that question.  I'm naturally curious about things and love gathering information.  Not only that but I truly enjoy helping someone who needs it.  Put those two together and the fact that you looked like you needed help I couldn't help myself.  My approach wasn't the best though and I'm truly sorry for it."  He truly was.  He completely forgot about the martial arts skill and wondered if she had it.  He mentally kicked himself for judging the situation as she was defenseless.  He genuinely cared for other people's welfare but this sometimes made him go too far.  When she told him it was none of his business he sat there in silence for a moment.  Ulises was pushing Itzal to make a move since he wanted to get to know this player better.  Even Ulises knew that the character of a person was more important than looks.  It's just that he notices the looks first.  Itzal was the reverse.

At her comment however Ulises frowned inside Itzal.  'Pretty, fire in her soul, and downright lazy?'  'no, not lazy.  She's hiding something.  Either way this can only go two ways and we know it.  We just have to be careful about it.'

"I said I help other players out when they need it.  If you want my help I'll gladly go in with you.  Otherwise we have a problem."  He looked into the cave.  A quest huh?  "As for my mistake I'll make it up to you."

Edited by Itzal

As she stood still she the winced hearing him talk about how he would happily accompany her into that dank pit of despair, where the darkness swallowed light in the most minuscule of specs. Kindle turned her back upon the man now wincing as she internal cursed his unwillingness to just finish the simple mission with out her. "I would just be a liability if I went in, I have no skills allocated whatsoever since I'm still attempting to break the unbreakable since time seems to always ruin those plans." A deep heavy sigh now taken back as she hoped that her own inability to fight a few bats was enough of a reason for her to stay back outside of the cave. If he kept prying she honestly didn't have another method of shuffling about her fear of the darkness, but  the question was how annoying he would get at prying into her own personal issues. There are reasons she tends to sleep  under lamps in the cities as they never go out which is helpful for warding off the shadows.

"Don't you know it is rude to pry into a girl's personal reasons, just go fight the bats I'm sure you are more then capable without me weighing you down."

Itzal listened to her and saw her flinch.  He glanced at the cave and finally got it.  She's afraid of the dark.  Now that he knew her issue he believed he had a plan.  As she once again tried guilt tripping him into doing it for her he talked with Ulises and they agreed.  When she finished he rested his head in his hands with his arms resting on his knees.

"Just so you know this isn't the first time I've been manipulated.  I apologize if you don't want me to be concerned for people who look like they might need help, but I can't change that part in me.  If you truly want me gone I can let you stare into the dark, dense, cold, unforgiving darkness until sunset."  He slid to the ground and as he turned to leave he added, "I did have something that would have made it easier for you in there, but since you insist."  That did it.  Ulises grinned inside and Itzal had to agree that this had to have had an effect on her.  He didn't like using people's fears but if she could accept his help then he would gladly give it.  He helped others accomplish things, not do it for them.

Kindle glanced up toward the sky realizing that the sun would be wanting to peek back down under the horizon at any moment now, grimacing she then shook her head. "It doesn't matter this quest can wait as long as I want it to after all they are just NPC's and will respawn for the next person who seeks to complete the quest." It was clear that her own pride of not  forcing herself into a situation where she would be frightened overshadowed her actual interest in completing this quest. Even his remark of offering an item to assist fell flat as she quite simply didn't care about the bluff or his options for her to possibly finish it. Even if he had a light she wasn't taking a step in there as torches were unreliable, as were potions. She now began to stroll off back toward the second floor town without looking back. She had done this before when people were offering to assist her. When she asked Kasier to defeat it for her she simply pushed the quest off leaving it there in the menu blinking as it desperately wanted to be completed. I guess this will be another day without collecting the skill points from this quest. Darn it stupid fear of the darkness I just need it to stop hanging over my head! Annoyed by her own inability.

Kasier walked along the path of Urbus on the second floor, this being her first time in this area. She had decided that adventuring was something that could definitely cure her boredom and hence, she made her way here, wandering if there was something that she can do. However, despite this being one floor up, it really wasn’t that much different from the first floor. Sure, the first floor was a place that you can’t walk anywhere without bumping into anyone and this place was far from being populated, in fact, not many people found this place appealing because of the fact that it was literally woodlands. Indeed, this was a great place for apple gathering but that was not what she came here for today. She was here to find something to do and material gathering was far from appealing to her at the moment.

After checking out a few attractions such as the High Fields of Crossing and the Taran Village, she realized that noon was already here. From the time that she had spent in this game, the most important thing that she had learnt was time passed way faster than you would expect it to be. After what felt like an hour turned into a few hours and perhaps it was just her lack of sense of time. As she sat down for a quick lunch, she looked at her friends list to see that two of her friends were together near a cave in the outside of the safe zone. She then realized that there was a quest, which required you to go there and rescue a girl. And just like that, as if it was on cue, an NPC woman came crying to her, begging her to go rescue her little daughter who had been kidnapped or had gone missing.

Of course, being the type of person Kasier was, she accepted the quest without any hesitation and stood up, abandoning the good tasting lunch that she was happily chewing on just a few minutes before. Kasier sighed, “Don’t worry, NPC, you’ll have your daughter back in no time.” She said as she brought up her leg and began to walk.

She didn’t know how she was ever going to be able to rescue the girl considering the fact that she had literally no damage invested in her build. However, she held hope that her two friends near the cave was also attempting to complete the quest. Soon, after quite a bit of walking, she soon found Kindle and Itzal together and it seemed like they were still waiting at the opening of the cave. She did remember that Kindle had asked her to do this quest with her but she guessed that the plan had gone rotten. With a smile, she waved at the two calmly, “Heyo, are you two also planning to do this quest?” She asked, wanting to go in the cave with them in fear of what awaits her within the darkness. If she was going to go inside alone, her chances of death are very high.

Itzal had to admit he was disappointed that the player was giving up.  Pride Ulises said simply.  I know that reaction, she's got a serious pride problem.  Itzal agreed silently and was about to sigh and walk away as there was nothing he could do, when he heard a familiar voice.  He turned and smiled as he saw Kasier.  Then his smile dwindled for a moment.  Something was off about her.  He made a quick scan:  Her eyes, her posture, the lack of energy in the wave and greeting, the way she held herself.  And above all.  Her sword.  Both Itzal and Ulises stared at all these details for a moment and came to a conclusion:  The young loving girl they knew had been replaced.  This was a different Kasier altogether.  Part of this bothered Itzal but he decided not to make assumptions until he heard her side of the story.  He'd ask her later.  For now he saw this as a perfect opportunity.  Ulises told him to listen to his advice and he reluctantly conceded.  Listening to Ulises he smiled widely walked beside Kindle, his face under the hood and mouthpiece reddening and very much glad nobody could notice as he stood beside the woman.

"Hey Kasier!  Yeah, we just met and were planning on heading in the cave together.  What's a little dark to us right?  By the way, what did you say your name was?"  The last question was of course directed to the woman who had just tried walking away from the cave she was obviously dreading.

Kindle winced as she saw Kasier approach and ask the two of them if they were doing the quest to rescue the NPC's daughter, "Y-yeah of course we are." Her usual monotone voice now being lost by a partially cowardice one now as she glanced back between the two slouching to let her hair fall into her face further hiding her flustered fears. "Who's afraid of the dark! I'm not only children who still have to keep the night light are afraid of such childish things!" Overreacting just a tad to the remarks from the male now gulping as she looked back toward Kasier hoping that she would be the first one to enter and turn tail fleeing. Although instead she merely trembled there withing the three person squad now after a short period she slid an arm down to her leg gently holding it still as she tried to control her nerves. "W-what are we even waiting for," Kindle's pride on the line as she began to shuffle forward to the cave now closing her eyes before realizing it was just as bad as the darkness created by it. None the less she kept shuffling in till eventually she couldn't take it opening her eyes to realize that did no good. A high pierce scream echoed through the caves louder then the cries of the NPC child. 

Kindle darted back out speedily passing both Kasier and Itzal whom she still hadn't introduce herself to. After her quick retreat backwards she curled back up at the base of the tree trembling worse then before nearly preparing to go into a catatonic state. "I can't do it," she began repeating her voice also stuttering along with it as she remembered and imagined all the worse possible outcomes of staying lost in there. "I can't"

Kasier’s eyebrows went right up to her forehead when she thought Itzal was a bit too eager to go into the cave for the quest. Indeed, there was a certain degree of intimidation with the darkness of the cave.

The unknown causes fear. One only fears something that they do not know about. Anything that one truly knows is not scary, that is just how it is. Hence, if one does not know oneself, fear is amongst that person, that person fears himself… That is the true nature of fear. Fear is something directly caused by the unknown and someone scared is scared of what they don’t know. Darkness shields… And that is what causes fear. Kasier sighed, definitely fear of darkness, she thought, looking at Kindle who was literally shaking as she walked towards the two and into the cave. Kasier nodded, impressive. Of course, she had thought that the woman was too scared to walk into the cave but it turned out that it was literally the opposite of that. Her eyes widened as she, too, began to walk into the dark cave, following Kindle. However, almost seconds after the black-haired woman walked into the cave, she came out immediately, screaming her lungs out.

With a sigh, Kasier realized that the woman simply was not going to go into the cave without some encouragement. Sure, Kasier could simply ditch the woman out here and go in with Itzal to finish off the quest but she wasn’t that type of person. No matter how mature she got, she’ll never ever forget about the kindness that she had in her heart… A kindness that forces her to help anyone without hesitation so there was simply no way that she would leave Kindle out here when she was obviously afraid of the cave. With a deep breath, she walked towards Kindle who had charged out of the cave in fear.

With a soothing tone, she began to speak, “Kindle close your eyes. What do you see? That’s right, absolutely nothing. However, you are not scared of the darkness that lies in front of your eyes right? I mean, if you are, I don’t see how you’d be able to do anything. But why are you not scared of the darkness in your eyes? Because you know that there is nothing to be afraid of there. Just think of the cave as the same way… There’s nothing in the cave that can danger you because Itzal and I will stand in front of you and protect you. So don’t be afraid of the cave…” Kasier finished, whispering a little, “Please” at the end. “Plus, I need a damage dealer like you to help with this quest.”

Itzal watched as Kindle fled and cowered in pure terror of the darkness that lie before them.  Itzal himself wasn't bothered for a few reasons.  For one he had played many horror games and after seeing this quest he knew that the bats were the only real threat.  They wouldn't have a quest on this level that was too dangerous for players on this floor after all.  There would be plenty of dangers in the upcoming floors.  Another reason was thus:  In the real world the darkness had been his salvation.  When the bullies chased after him he knew every dark alley, every corner, every place like the back of his hand.  If he didn't know the darkened area as he was being chased he quickly discovered the unseen world with his other senses.  As time went on he perfected the art of disappearing into the shadows to avoid the onslaught of the bullies.  That's why he chose classes similar to his actions in every video game, and as he explored the skills, powers and gear they used he adapted the techniques into his life.

Now he watched as Kasier walked over and spoke comforting words to Kindle, and his shoulders slumped.  He recalled the moment she hugged Velnia for the first time and how she had melted into her arms like a child would when held by a mother.  He knew that he would never reach this point.  He knew he had a kind heart but he lacked the mastery of the tongue.  He could do ok with others but his lack of any friends or social life other than the gaming world refrained him from mastering the arts of comfort, persuasion, and overall conversation without bringing logic into it.  You really think that? Ulises asked.  Itzal made a soft chuckle.  Yeah.  We can do good but not nearly as good as Kasier Ulises.  Just accept it.  We all have strengths and weaknesses ok?  He felt Ulises sigh then withdraw.  Itzal pulled the hood and mouthpiece off and squatted down, his eyes observing the grass as he knew that without Kasier's guidance he could do nothing to help this player.  And that thought gave him shame as it was all he had ever wanted to do:  Help others.

Kindle gulped nervously and shook her head, "I-I don't like being unable to see even if it is me closing my own eyes, I-I hate the darkness as that is when your imagination can play the worst trick upon yourself." She stated now looking up to Kasier as her advice to think of it int he same fashion. "I don't want to go in and neither of you can make me," she shivered just sitting under the shadow of the tree now curled up once again as she first met the attentive male who also discovered her fear quickly. It wasn't the best keep secret, but she didn't want to be known as the scared little girl on the front lines who sprints away from any dark battle field that befalls the squad. "I'll stay here while you two do it for yourselves I-I won't collect the rewards b-but I don't want to go in." Kindle now cried as her fingers began to rise up and wipe away the falling tears that drizzled down like the warm spring rain. She then stood up once more preparing to leave this endeavor as she wasn't certain what else she could do to convince them that she simply would not go into that fair night.

Kasier shook her head before standing up and looking at Itzal. Kindle may appear to be a very tough woman but everyone have their weaknesses no matter how unusual they may appear to be. In terms of Kindle, she was scared of the darkness and lots and lots of different players probably shared this weakness. Kasier’s hair swung up as she walked back to the cave, not turning around. With a smile, she decided that she would try a bit of reverse psychology.

“I was planning on inviting you to my shop today for a bit of chitchat and maybe even a sleep-over but I guess that won’t happen because you are too scared of the darkness to help me with this quest.” She said, walking over to Itzal. “Alright Itzal, let’s go in and get this quest over and done with.”

This was her last attempt, if it failed, Kasier would either have to drag Kindle to the cave or just leave her there, cowardly whimpering in fear of the darkness.

Itzal was momentarily shocked at this turn of events.  Then he saw the message in her eyes and understood.  Getting mocked or insulted by a complete stranger?  No care in the world.  Getting the cold shoulder from someone you know who is nice because your terrified?  If that didn't get her nothing would.  He felt Ulises become restless though.  I could drag her he suggested with a mental grin.  Itzal sighed, unable to hide his frustration with Ulises.  Sometimes it was just too much.  He nodded to Kasier and tried to make a smile.  Maybe he could add something, then decided against it.  He drew Retributor, it's blade gleaming in the light, ready to pierce the bats that awaited.

"Alright then, let's do this!"  He turned to Kindle as he put on his hood and mouthpiece.  "For the record, unless you do a quest yourself, you won't get the rewards.  If I had gone in there and done it for you without receiving it myself nobody would get squat.  Bunch of wasted time."

Kindle frowned hearing the once invitation to stay at the shop now being declined by Kasier, her heart partially wounded as she felt imagined a sharp twist of a knife between her rib cage. "Wait you can't just retroactively take back an invitation of a place before you even allow me to accept such an offer?" The fiery girl now wincing as she looked back to the pair who were walking into the caves. As she looked toward the outdoors, she glanced up realizing that if she was to ever face her fears this was the best opportunity as others were about to assist. "S-stop," she sighed now strolling back up to them from behind realizing that she had more to gain then lose at this hour. "I need the experience both of fighting in the darkness," now crossing her arms and speaking. "I also need places to sleep so I will come in and help I just can't say that I will be able to do much to kill the bats as I probably would get killed by them in a few shots ..."

Kasier smiled when the woman finally agreed to go into the cave. It was about time as well. They really haven’t got all day and it was about noon at this point. If they had to do this quest at night, everything would be ten times creepier. Who knows what waits in the cave? Luckily, she wouldn’t have to do much killing; in fact, she wouldn’t have to do any killing. Her purpose is to heal players that are injured and fill their health points up. Kasier’s smile turned into a grin, however, when she clutched on her sword tightly, thinking that she might have the possibility of using it in the cave.

“Alright, so, let’s get the plan. I will be staying in the back to heal anyone that needs healing,” she said, looking at Kindle, knowing that she is actually quite low leveled. “And you two are going to have to go kill those bats. Sounds easy enough? No problem really. It doesn’t sound that hard and we should be able to all get the skill points and experience that the quest gives. Let’s do it.”

Kasier said, signaling for Itzal to head into the cave. He would have to go in the front because he is the highest leveled and would be able to take any surprise hits. Kindle would go behind Itzal so she can strike at any time and be sandwiched between Kasier and Itzal so she can be protected from both sides. Since Kasier dealt the least amount of damage, she would have to use her healing to heal anyone that needs healing at any point.