[PP-NK-F12] Curse of the Uniques (Calrex, Teayre)

Hikoru sighed and finished his Quest with Xion and his friend Hakai, waving them off and soon teleporting to the 12th floor for a little bit of peace and quiet. He gave a small sigh and sat down, breathing and looking at the ground again, seeing nothing but his shadow\

"My My, finally alone again are we?" Shadow said with a tone most happy "About time you listened to me..." It said with a sigh. Hikoru gripped his head and hair, gritting his teeth

"I never listened to you. I only left after the quest was done, there was no reason for me to stay with them!" He said, now shouting. Shadow only laughed

"Are you sure you didn't listen? you could have gone and grabbed a drink with them, or even went on another one with them..." Hikoru's eyes opened wide, and realised he was right. He came to the 12th floor, in the middle of nowhere, alone, and he felt it was normal. "Yes.... you noticed now didn't you? You are listening to me without even realising it" He said with a chuckle. Hikoru opened his HUD while he continued to ramble on. Enough was enough. He needed help, and he only knew two players that could help him. He send them both a message and soon waited, leaving him alone with Shadow and hoped that they would come soon

Message sent to Calrex and Teayre:

To: Calrex, Teayre
Subject: Help...

Guys?... Something's wrong with my Unique, I need help... Please come soon, i'm on the 12th Floor, I don't know where but I know you guys can find me... Please guys, im losing my mind and I know only you guys can help me...

~Hikoru

To: Hikoru, Teayre
Subject: Help...

Be right there.

Opening his eyes Calrex gave a small sigh. With a swipe on the menu the massive blade that was the Shin Masamune vanished back into his personal inventory as he gave a small sigh, letting the message that just came in process in his mind, "So it's not just Teayre. Hikoru is also experiencing the effects. くそ..."

"The fact that he's still knowledgeable about it's presence, and that he's afraid of it could be a good and a bad sign. The good sign is that it's still separate from his personality. The bad news is that it's possible he's losing the fight."

"Much like you are..."

Grasping his head for a second the bluenette gave a small sigh, "One loss on that plain and now he's getting more cocky with his tricks..."

Heading for the teleportation plaza he set it for the twelfth floor, already expecting in his mind to be greeted by the swamplands. It was certainly one that would suit stealth players like Hikoru and Opal, as the marsh held many places to hide. Unfortunately, because of the patch that happened many months back which removed his <<Reveal>> skill and turned it into a mod, he wasn't as alert in terms of hidden creatures now. At the least, the skills he possessed was more than enough to make up for that lack of perception.

Exiting out into the swamp the bluenette made sure the Grand Blade II was equipped as he scanned the area. There was still no sign of either person in the message, Teayre or Hikoru, but both unique user's plights were still on his mind, "Both of them are fighting against the influence their uniques have on them, and I'm not really sure if they have noticed or even tried fighting back before this."

Swiping on his menu he summoned one of the Guardian Tonics he had recently purchased, crushing it in his hand as the silver sheen surrounded his avatar for a second before vanishing, "If these things really have taken hold, it's going to do no one any good if I go down from it lashing out."

Spoiler

1 Guardian Tonic Consumed - Safeguard Activated

The message popped up on her screen as she stepped into the sludge of the twelfth floor. Reading it through Teayre smirked before muttering to herself, “So he’s finally noticed. Well then.” Hefting the sheathed Muramasa onto her shoulder Teayre begins to walk forwards following the path that twisted up whistling a tune to herself. It sounded as if it could be something from The Magic Flute by Mozart. The smile on her face as she almost knew what to expect. “Calrex. If he tries to stop me doing what I want to again.” She grumbles.

“My unique. Battojutsu.” She looked up at the sky as her feet trod the ground beneath her. “The silver haired woman… I guess she didn’t run away.” Looking down as she wound her way around the girl eventually found her way to the black haired dagger user. “Hik. I got your message.” She patted the boy on the back, “Welcome to the parade.”