[F18-SP] Swamp 2.0, Scouting the 18th floor

Macradon ran as quckly as he could as the rewards were given out to all the participants. With a swift sprint, Macradon strapped his sickle sword back onto his back as well as leaving the mountain boss room. With a quick jog up the stairs to the next floor, Macradon would arrive at the 18th floor’s starting point. “Huh … another swamp eh” Macradon through for himself as he pulled up the visor of his helmet to get a proper view of the floor. Everything seemed nice and friendly for now, but this was the highest floor as of yet on Aincrad, so Macradon had to take his precautions. Grabbing a Perfect Tier 2 damage potion, Macradon would smear it all over his sword and launch out into the wilderness, only hoping to find something relevant that he could observe on the floor, hopefully also monsters that he could slay, at least that was what he thought of.

+6 Damage potion consumed

Stats:

Spoiler

192 HP
47 Energy
1 Accuracy
0 Evasion
19 Base Damage (23 w/ Charge) (20 w/ Ferocity) (24 w/ Charge + Ferocity)
66 Mitigation

Items
Scarecrow's Sickle .......... // +6 Damage, +1 Bleed
Blood Crusader's Halfplate .. // +54 Mitigation
Blood Crusader's Bracers .... // +2 Recovery, +1 Regen

Battle Ready Inventory
Perfect Mitigation Potion (T1)             -- +54 Mit
+6 Damage Potion                           -- +6 DMG

Buffs
+6 Damage Potion

Skills
Two Handed Straight Sword  | Rank 5
Heavy Armor                | Rank 3
Search and Detect          | Rank 3
Charge                     | Rank 4
Fighting Spirit

Concentration
Survival

Skill Mods
Finesse                    | Rank 1
Ferocity                   | Rank 3

Precision
Reveal
Athletics

Edited by Macradon

Looking around the swampy forest, Macradon tried to follow the path that was seemingly a gravel road. With each step he took, crackling sounds of pebbles upon pebbles were heard in the perimiter. Macradon would pull down his visor again to protect his face from whatever would be able to attack him on this floor. Macradon was unaware of what monsters and creatures would be present here, he was thinking that it would be much alike the same as the other swamp themed floor not that far from this floor. If Macradon reckoned it was the 12th, but he might’ve been wrong in that matter. Macradon would only sigh before he felt something slither up his leg. Unknowing of what was here that could slither around, Macradon would kicked out into the air, successfully pushing off whatever was slithering up his leg. It was quite the large serpent that quickly tired to numb out his escape, his legs. 3 other serpents would appear, all slithering closer and closer to Macradon, but he had his ace up in his sleeve. Not only was he strong and fierce, his AOE attacks were also deadly. 6 cleaves around him was enough to wither all the 4 serpent’s HP to 0, killing them with his <Charge> and newly gotten Ferocity.

Spoiler

ID: 66377
BD: 10, super crit +2.
CD: 4, No proc.
LD: 5+3=8, nothing found.
Sword art used: Fight Blade - 6x1x26-24=132 AOE DMG

- Health List -
< Macradon>       192/192 HP || 19 DMG || 66 MIT || 35/47 NRG (-12 Energy)

< Swamp Serpent >  0/96 HP || 72 DMG || 24 MIT

- Acquired Loot -
Mats: 4
Col: 0

Notes: 4/25 Mobs slain

Edited by Macradon

Quickly getting away from the scene of the battle, Macradon had experience of these predator animals mowing down little prey in big packs, which usually resulted in dead players if they would just camp the same spot and try to defend themselves. Macradon would not do so and would continue through the gravel road, trying to find any nearby settlement that would welcome a player or something, at least a town he would be able to rest safely in. Rushing over the gravel, Macradon could hear the brushes and branches getting moved and rustled. He was quite certain that there were more mobs coming after him, even though he was sprinting away as fast as he could. Gritting his teeth, Macradon would make a stop and glide over the gravel, turning around 180 degrees with both his feet dug down into the road. Macradon would hold his sword ready and would engage the enemy that appeared. Yet 4 more serpents were scouting out on Macradon, but they were getting too close for him to like it, and he would activate his <Charge> once more, cleaving down the 4 serpents like it was nothing at all.

Spoiler

ID: 66379
BD: 6+1=7, hit.
CD: 12, Recovery proc.
LD: 16+193=8, Bonus col, Bonus mats!
Sword art used: Fight Blade - 6x1x24-24=120 AOE DMG

- Health List -
< Macradon>       192/192 HP || 19 DMG || 66 MIT || 26/47 NRG (-12 Energy, +3 Energy)

- Acquired Loot -
Mats: 12
Col: 3840

Notes: 8/25 Mobs slain

Edited by Macradon

Macradon did not get any time to flee once more before 4 more serpents would go on the assault. It was a new group of serpents, but probably in the same pack as the ones that just attacked him. Macradon would get into a good battle ready stance and would engage upon those trying to assault him. He was feeling the heat of battle as he casually mauled down the serpents like they were nothing. Macradon was a Two-Handed Straight Sword wielder, capable of chopping down great amount of mobs in a short amount of time, and he showcased that by slaying 12 mobs in a row like it was daily work. Macradon smirked after the 6 <Charged> strikes that would deal lethal damage to the serpents, leaving them dead and dispersed into pixels. Macradon would dust off his shoulders as he would advance further on the gravel road he was traveling on.

Spoiler

ID: 66382
CD: 8, Recovery proc.
LD: 10+3=13, Bonus col!
Sword art used: Fight Blade - 6x1x24-24=120 AOE DMG

- Health List -
< Macradon>       192/192 HP || 19 DMG || 66 MIT || 17/47 NRG (-12 Energy, +3 Energy)

- Acquired Loot -
Mats: 16
Col: 5760

Notes: 12/25 Mobs slain

Edited by Macradon

This was his chance. A sprint was set off, making Macradon run at an extremely high speed, even taking his armor in consideration. His speed was faster than he had ever run before, mostly because he wanted to cross this road as fast as he possibly could, and this was probably also the highest speed he was capable of. His feet dug down into the gravel, giving him a good angle to push himself forwards with. Macradon his his sword in his hands, having it leaning up against his right shoulder as he held it with both of his hands in a Vom Tag like grip. Soon Macradon was encountered by 4 oxs. They were standing in front of an old gate like gate keepers, but it surely wasn’t normal gate keepers. Macradon <Charged> right into the group of 4, taking down the Swamp Oxs with 6 deadly swipes, annihilating them.

Spoiler

ID: 66386
BD: 8+1=9, hit.
CD: 6, Recovery proc.
LD: 8+3=11, Bonus col!
Sword art used: Fight Blade - 6x1x24-24=120 AOE DMG

- Health List -
< Macradon>       192/192 HP || 19 DMG || 66 MIT || 8/47 NRG (-12 Energy, +3 Energy)

< Swamp Ox >  0/96 HP || 72 DMG || 24 MIT
< Swamp Ox >  0/96 HP || 72 DMG || 24 MIT

- Acquired Loot -
Mats: 20
Col: 7680

Notes: 16/25 Mobs slain

Edited by Macradon

Macradon crossed the gate as the ox mobs were slain. Their beefy bodies and their backwards turned horns reminded him of the oxs back in Vietnam. Like a crescent moon applied to their head for their defense. A beautiful display of animals natural beauty. Macradon chuckled slightly by the thoughts of real life again. It didn’t seem that likely that he was going to see that world again either, he only had his hope and willpower to clear this game, and he wasn’t alone, so the process wouldn’t take too long. Macradon was inside of the gate now, and not far from the gate was quite the large river. A stone bridge was build over the river, leading to what seemed like the main settlement. “This floor is … quite different” he thoguht for himself as he walked closer and closer to what probably was the main settlement, since it was lead to be the gravel road.

Turn 1/3 out of combat

- Acquired Loot -

Edited by Macradon

Macradon would walk over this seemingly well made stone bridge. It wasn’t falling apart as he took his steps onto it, and it didn’t seem like it would break any time soon. He would finish his walk over the bridge and get to the wooden pillar suspended settlement, which he still didn’t know the name off. “Ahh, young man, welcome to Eriwald” an older gent would say to Macradon as he arrived. “Your attire looks .. impressing!” the man told Macradon. “Oh, thank you very much” Macradon replied as he pulled up his visor to reveal what was hidden behind it, a kind face with a smile. “This doesn’t seem like that bit of a settlement, is this the main settlement here?” Macradon would ask the man. “Ohhh … I don’t really know that much, I’ve only lived in this small town my whole life, maybe you could ask the tavern keeper?” the old man asked Macradon.

Turn 2/3 out of combat

- Acquired Loot -

Edited by Macradon

Macradon nodded politely at the older gent and would reply with a warm hearted thanks. “Thank you, that sounds like a good idea. I’ll go ask him then” he would say as he walked over the suspended wooden bridges, which didn’t seem to be that stable. “Oooohh … him isn’t the way to tal-...” the old man began, but stopped abruptly. “Ahh, never mind that” he said and would wave goodbye at Macradon. He walked over the bridges, making sure that he was having enough balance to cross it. The weight of his armor didn’t seem to help either. He managed to cross the many bridges that lead him to the small tavern of the settlement, it didn’t seem to have any name, so it was probably a small tavern after all, it didn’t look that big from the outside either. Shrugging his shoulders, Macradon entered the tavern by the frontal wooden door.

Turn 3/3 out of combat

- Acquired Loot -

Edited by Macradon

Macradon would quickly remember what the old man said, something like “That’s not the right way to speak of the tavern keeper” or something. He wasn’t too sure, but his question was answered quickly as he arrived at the tavern. “A customer!” a low feminine voice shouted as he entered the tavern. He would open his Equipment menu and put his helmet away, revealing his snow white hair, scarlet eyes and tinted yellow-ish skin. “Oh what a beautiful boy who has come” the same deep voice said as she saw Macradon. “Welcome to the Eriwald Tavern, what can I help you with?” the woman asked Macradon. “Ahh … so this is the tavern keeper, no reason the old man said that “him” wasn’t the right way of speaking to her, but it still felt like it was fitting due to her … looks” Macradon though as he quickly elevated his looks down and up on the woman standing behind the counter.

- Acquired Loot -

Edited by Macradon

Macradon would not stay silent and would answer the kind question handed to him. “I’ll take a ginger ale and all the information I can get through coin” he said with a smile as he got closer and closer to the counter. He would find a chair and sit down, having his armor clang as his body clumped up onto the chair up close to the bar. “A ginger ale, huh. Don’t you want anything stronger than that?” a voice said from behind him. Macradon turned around so see a mature gentleman with a scar across his face, wearing ragged cloth and an Alligator Dundee hat. He would ignore the man and turn back to the tavern keeper. “So tell me, is Eriwald the main settlement of this place?” he asked the woman behind the counter who would slide over the ginger ale to Macradon, which he caught before it would glider over the edge of the table.

- Acquired Loot -

Macradon would take a sip off his ale as he listened to what the lady behind the counter would say. “Of all the knowledge I have, yes, this is the main settlement of this area. There’s only one other settlement, if I can even call it that. It’s not too far from here if it’s there you’re going after”. “Oh no, I’m just looking for as much information as possible” Macradon replied to the lady, now having more information than he started with, which was a good place to be at, now he just had to extract more. “I’m Elizabeth, by the way” the woman would say to Macradon “I’m Macradon, but people call me Mac, not to be confused with Mack with a K” he said with a slight chuckle as he took a sip from his ale again. The two in the tavern looked confused at Macadon as he told them about Mack with a K.

- Acquired Loot -

Edited by Macradon

“Oh don’t worry about that, you will know him when you see him” Macradon said with a wink in his right eye and his tongue out. The lady behind the counter would just laugh and the two would greet each other. They would chit chat for a short while about nonsense and life, just like it was something they usually did. Heavy foot steps were heard behind Macradon, but he wasn’t bothered to look, it didn’t really catch his attention. A hand was laid upon his shoulders as the man who had insulted Macradon’s drink had come up to him. “Yes?” Macradon asked the man “Can I help you with something?” he would ask and awaited a reply. The conversation he had with Elizabeth was completely gone, silence fell through the tavern before a sound would be made. “Where’re you from?” the man asked Macradon. “I’m from the floor below, I’ve only been here for a short amount of time, maybe 40 minutes now” he said and would look at the astounded man.

- Acquired Loot -

“H-...how can it be” I’ve only been in the wilderness once and nearly died, but here you sit, been through it nearly double as much as I was, and you’re unharmed, not even your armor looks scratched or dented” the astounded fella said to Macradon with interest in his eyes. “That’s some high level craftsmanship you’ve got your fingers on right there” the man said. Macradon smiled back at the man and would say “Thanks a lot, I’ve used a lot of time dedicated on it” he said. This was when the man’s mind was about to crack. “A blacksmith! A BLACKSMITH!” the man said with a joyful voice. He would begin to jump around like he had just won the lottery, his eyes sparkling like it was Christmas Morning, seeing his gifts under the tree. Macradon would thank the lady behind the counter and put a pouch with 2000 Col in it for the drink and the information he got. It seemed like he knew enough for now.

- Acquired Loot -

Macraodn left the tavern after respectfully parting ways with the tavern keeper. He sighed as he exited the building. “Now I have to find the big tower, maze and boss room … “ he thought and would begin to head back into the wilderness again. His helmet would be donned as he re-equipped it back on from the inventory. He was ready to battle more mobs on this floor, and hopefully be the one to find the boss room. If he wasn’t the one to reveal it, it wasn’t that much of a bother anyways, he just got mats and col out of this trip, which was nice as well. Of course he wouldn’t be able to lend all the information he could’ve, but someone else would be able to do so, which wasn’t that bad at all. He would walk over the wooden bridges and finally the stone bridge before he was back into the swampy forest.

- Acquired Loot -

Edited by Macradon

Getting back onto the gravel road, Macradon had to alter his direction to find the tower. He would run for what he knew, North, and try to locate any tall anything that he could get up on and locate the large tower to the next floor. He walked around for quite a while, not really thinking of much other than finding the boss room. It took him minutes, several minutes, before he found this big grassy hill in the middle of a pond. Macradon would waddle through the small pond and climb up onto the hill, being able to see over the treetops. It wasn’t a magnificent view at all, it was quite mediocre with all the faded green leaves on the trees, but it wasn’t ugly either. Quickly after getting up on the hill, Macradon spotted the big cylinder that would lead up to the next floor. He jumped down from the hill onto the ground and would sprint in that direction he saw the tower.

- Acquired Loot -

This is it, I don’t have to wait that much longer before I know what the boss is and how the room looks and what we have to fight to advance through the floors” he thought for himself as he sprinted through the muddy earthy terrain that was the 18th floor. Macradon would jump on those rocks that would pop out of the ground, giving a better push than the muddy cussion of a soil the 18th floor had. “Hopefully I won't meet any mobs on my way to the tower” he thought as he kept on sprinting, he wanted to conserve as much energy as he possibly could for now, as this wouldn’t be a good time to need energy if he ended at the tower. He kept on sprinting, kept on jumping, from rock to rock to rock. It took him only 5 minutes of his sprint for him to reach the big old tower that was now before him.

- Acquired Loot -

He would begin to sprint around the tower, trying to find the opening where he could get into the tower by. Hoping that it wasn’t too far from the point that he stood at, Macradon would set up another sprint so he could accomplish everything as fast as possible. He would only take 5 wide steps before a big opening would be present for him. This was probably the opening to the stairs and maze of the 18th floor, Macradon just had to get through this one, clear the maze and get to the boss room, which didn’t sound that bad in theory, but probably extremely bad for someone as inexperienced as him. Macradon sighed as he began to enter the big tower, and would advance through the steps that would lead up to a plateau. This was where the maze would start off, this was where he would be guided to the boss room.

- Acquired Loot -

Macradon began his search. He rushed into the maze, drawing out his two handed greatsword, which was a sickle sword, a demonic one of that kind. He wanted to reach the 20th floor so his sword would gain more strength that he would be able to utilyze and get the most out of, at least he hoped so. Macradon would spot a group of 4 Oxs, just like the one “guarding” the gate to the settlement, but these had red glowing eyes, probably some maze specific mobs. Macradon would ready his sword and go in for the attack. He quickly slipped through their ranks, getting them off the ground with his swift and devastating hits. His damage was greater than most of what would venture up here on this floor, probably one of the strongest one the floor at the moment, if not the strongest. He would get ready to move and look for the boss room through this maze.

Spoiler

ID: 66397
CD: 12, Recovery proc.
LD: 11+3=14, Bonus col!
Sword art used: Fight Blade - 6x1x24-24=120 AOE DMG

- Health List -
< Macradon>       192/192 HP || 19 DMG || 66 MIT || 37/47 NRG (-12 Energy, +2 Energy)

< Swamp Ox >  0/96 HP || 72 DMG || 24 MIT
< Swamp Ox >  0/96 HP || 72 DMG || 24 MIT

- Acquired Loot -
Mats: 24
Col: 9600

Notes: 20/25 Mobs slain

Edited by Macradon

Macradon ran qround, trying to see if he could spot anything that would lead him to the boss room, but it didn’t seem like anything was showing him anything. He just ran around corners, hoping he would get to the right end of the maze as he went through. Walls, more walls, a sharp corner, another one of those sharp corners. It just went on for a while before Macradon was encountered by yet 4 more Oxs. Macradon sighed as he had to slay the red eyed beasts, their glowing eyes told him nothing more than pure hatred or lactose-intolerance. Either way, he had to end their suffering or endless rage. He <Charged> in and descimated them, whiping them off the tower’s floor’s maze. They were gone now, their only memory would be the fat loot they left for Macradon to take. He would then proceed to run through the mace yet again.

Spoiler

ID: 66399
BD: 7+1=8, hit.
CD: 8, Recovery proc.
LD: 16+3=19, Bonus col, Bonus mat!

- Health List -
< Macradon>       192/192 HP || 19 DMG || 66 MIT || 28/47 NRG (-12 Energy, +3 Energy)

- Acquired Loot -
Mats: 32
Col: 13440

Notes: 24/25 Mobs slain

Edited by Macradon

Finally Macradon got to what seemed like the exit of the maze, but it was blocked bet yet another group of 4 Oxs. Macradon would get in and do the usual. Their red eyes gleaming through the dark maze Macradon was present in. All he had to do now was to slay the beasts. 4 were down, only a few left before he would need to go on and check if this was actually the real exit. The 4 Ocs were easily dealt with and Macradon sprinted towards the “exit”. Disappointed, it didn’t look like the right exit at all, it was an empty room, a small one with barely enough room for Macradon. He would go on and see if he could find another one of these exits and hopefully find the right exit and reveal the boss room, finally. He would look everywhere through the maze, hoping that he would find the exit.

Spoiler

ID: 66401
BD: 10, Super crit!.
CD: 3, no proc.
LD: 13+3=16, Bonus col!

- Health List -
< Macradon>       192/192 HP || 19 DMG || 66 MIT || 19/47 NRG (-12 Energy, +3 Energy)

- Acquired Loot -
Mats: 36
Col: 15360

Notes: 25/25 Mobs slain

Edited by Macradon