[PP-F2] A light in the darkness <Itzal and Adhae>

Itzal shrugged even though Adhae couldn't see him.  "Hey it's alright.  There's no reason you should be upset Adhae."  He stopped for a moment as they walked through the cave path.  His thoughts began to move and his mental gears started working.  Ulises caught onto it too and the two began discussing for a while.  Finally they voiced their thought to Adhae for her opinion.  "Adhae...  What if the girl isn't crying?  I mean, what if she's purposefully staying quiet?  So that the bat doesn't find her?  The quest never said she wasn't clever and that's always a possibility.  Think about it:  If she knows that bats see in the dark using their hearing then she might put two and two together.  We'll need to use our eyes not our ears.  Here, try to focus and adjust your eyes.  If you can't let me know and I'll give you a glow crystal.  You'll at least be able to see two inches in front of you.  Well, at least I hope."

ID#  66827  LD:  3..... Dang it

Edited by Itzal

"Hey, uh, sorry. But there's another bat." She tried to stand up once more and readied her axe in her hands, opening her eyes wide to try to see anything at all in the darkness. "That glow crystal might help. But ready yourself for an attack." She slowly turned in a circle, trying her hardest to see. It was really difficult. Actually, she could see the faintest outline of her battleaxe held in front of her. That was good. 

As she was distracted by this, she felt a weird gust of air right above her head, moving to the left. Without thinking about it, she swung out as hard as she could at the creature, activating one of her sword arts.

ID: #66774  BD: 8-1=7 (Hit)   MD: 3

"Gaaahh!" She cried as her glowing battleaxe smacked into the bat, having gotten a lucky hit once again. She grinned in satisfaction as she felt the amount of damage sink into the bat's fur. Now, she could see the bat more clearly than she had before. It was a grotesque creature, its wings torn slightly in places and its claws huge. She was lucky it hadn't hit her again. She suspected that it had missed its previous attempt to attack her. "Can you see it now? I'd suggest you went for it." She smiled a little, though it was obvious from her tone that she was a little strained. "And I agree with you; maybe she's hiding somewhere and being as quiet as she can. Do you think shouting for her would do any good? It might draw even more attention to us, but I don't think there's any other way that we could find her in this darkness."

Adhaerere: Damage Taken - (0)  Health - 98/100  Energy - 7/10 (Used Whirlwind)
Itzal: Damage Taken - 0  Health - 480/480  Energy - 40/48
<<Giant Bat>>: Damage Taken - (4*2=8)  Health - 42/50

Edited by Adhaerere

Somehow Itzal didn't see the creature.  But Adhae did.  When she cried out and used her sword art, Itzal took his chance to scan the entire vicinity while the flash of her sword art and noticed two things:  Where the bat was and a small room nearby, quickly followed by a short soft sob.  Itzal called out to Adhae.  "Adhae!  Keep it distracted, I'll check on the girl!"  Itzal ran to the bat and as it prepared to attack him, shifted to the right, changing his direction to the cave wall.  He threw a glowing crystal that allowed him to properly place his footing without screwing up, running across the wall and pushed off, now landing behind the monster.  He came to the girl and moved the rock she hid behind out of the way, releasing a squeak from the girl.  "Hey, don't worry!  We're here to help you ok?  Listen, just stay with me and you'll be fine."  He felt her vibrate in a way that told him she nodded and he helped the girl up, wrapping his right arm around her and drew Retributor with his left hand.

ID#  66829  BD:  3  MD:  3

Edited by Itzal

+1 Energy 

She nodded in confirmation of his orders. "Alright, keep her safe. But I don't have the damage to kill this on my own. Get her to a spot where she can't be hurt, and then come help me out." As she spoke, she looked around in the darkness, searching for any sign of the bat attacking. "Come at me you beast!" she cried. It was better that it drew attention to her than her partner, who needed time to get the girl to safety. Adhae couldn't see either of them, but she could hear slight shuffling over to the side of her. And then silence for a moment. Her breathing stilled, anticipating the impending attack. 

ID: #66881  BD: 7-1=6 (Hit)   MD: 4 (Miss)

She heard the slightest sound of fluttering from behind her and instinctively turned, activating her sword art once more and swinging it at the direction she heard. As the red glow lit up the area around her battleaxe, she saw that the swing would strike true. It slammed into the huge bat, a screech being heard coming from the creature before it reeled away, stunned by the shockwave sent forth by the sword skill. "That's right. Run away," Adhae jeered. "You'll regret keeping that girl here. Felix, how are you doing?" she called over her shoulder without looking. Her attention was focused on finding the creature again in the darkness. 

Adhaerere: Damage Taken - (0)  Health - 98/100  Energy - 6/10 (Used Whirlwind - 2 Energy)
Itzal: Damage Taken - (0)  Health - 480/480  Energy - 39/48
<<Giant Bat>>: Damage Taken - (4*2=8)  Health - 34/50

Edited by Adhaerere

Itzal held the girl tight to him with his right arm while he held onto Retributor with his left.  He heard Adhae and knew she had nothing to worry about.  He was about to end this.  But how?  He needed to use his sword art but with his holding onto the girl, the bat could evade him easily...  Then he had an idea.  The bat was sound sensitive.  They were in a cave.  Caves made sounds echo and bounce around.  And what was louder or more annoying than a screaming little girl.  "I need you to scream as loud as you can ok?"  The girl shivered but she was getting ready.  Itzal waited till the last second and called to Adhae "cover your ears!"  The warning wouldn't be enough for the bat since it couldn't cover it's ears with anything, let alone react fast enough.  The girl screamed an incredible volume, her high pitch piercing all ears open to the sound, but the bat had it ten times worse.  The creature screamed as it collapsed to the ground from the pain and Itzal walked over and released Howling Octave on the creature.  The bat went limp.  At the same time the area the girl was hiding in was evidently unstable and the ceiling collapsed, revealing an exit and allowing the light to come in.

ID#  66892  BD:  6

Result

----------------

Bat deceased

Girl rescued

Edited by Itzal

Right as Itzal told her to, she clapped both of her hands over her ears, trusting whatever he was going to do and crouching a little bit just in case he had something else in mind. She was glad that she had done so. The girl's scream was startlingly loud compared to the near dead silence of the cave even with her ears covered. It made the painful spot where the handle of her axe had smacked the side of her head worth it. Adhae straightened and removed her hands, slinging her axe over her back as she saw the bat shatter into thousands of pixelated triangles. Smiling happily, she went to walk over to the girl and her companion. "Nice work, Felix--" A loud crumbling noise from behind her cut her off and made her spin around towards it, hand reflexively going to the handle of her axe. She watched the ceiling of the cave collapse in the area and sunlight pour in. Oh jeez that was bright. She covered both of her eyes with her hands, cringing away from the sudden light. "Ahh. That's not cool. Turn it off turn it off." 

Once she had recovered and her eyes adjusted, she peeled her hands away from her face and smiled at the NPC girl and Felix. "Like I was saying. Nice work, let's get her back to her family." She took a look at the girl for the first time, giving her a wide smile. The poor creature still looked a little startled, but joy at being saved was shining over the fear. "Thank you mister and miss!" she said in a high voice, looking between Adhae and Felix. Adhae smiled warmly back at the girl, and led the way out of the cave and into the sunlight. 

Summary

(ID: #66894  LD: 15)

Adhae - 2SP, [200 Col (Thread Completion) + 187 Col (Quest Bonus) = 387 Col]

Itzal - 2SP, [200 Col (Thread Completion) + 188 Col (Quest Bonus) = 388 Col]

Edited by Adhaerere