[SP:F4] Uncrowning the Night's King

The fourth floor. Teayre felt shivers run down her spine as she looked around the snow covered floor. “Bel.” The red head muttered, before pulling her hood up around her head. Akuma’s Vein shifted around her as her hand rested on the Muramasa. A small white stone bounced on her chest, which occasionally Teayre grasped with one hand settling it down. The flakes touched her nose and the girl quietly muttered to herself. “I really should get a more decent familiar." Sighing the girl pressed forwards, the buildings of a small settlement coming into view. As she stepped closer to it taking note that it wasn’t a safe zone she enters the town. Finding her way to the inn, it falls silent as she steps in several players who were sat there glanced over at Teayre. Sharp intakes of breath could be heard as the player killer made her way over to the side settling down in a corner.

Edited by Teayre

As the NPC running the bar walked over to her Teayre nodded politely ordering what used to be her usual a bottle of pinot noir. Waiting for the bottle to come she scanned the room with her eyes. A couple of NPCs stood out. The red head couldn’t help but smile as she listened quietly to the conversations that were going on around her. There was talks about a frozen citadel towards the North of the floor. “Heh.” Teayre chuckled to herself just as the NPC appeared again, brandishing a bottle towards her. Inclining her head she takes the bottle and uncorks it taking a long swig from it. She stands, before heading out. “Thanks for the info.” As she leaves the Inn she turns right and quickly disappears into the tree line. Her feet crunching in the snow as she begun to walk past the mountain in the centre of the floor, swigging from her bottle as she went.

Edited by Teayre

After a few hours of walking there was a low growl from somewhere nearby. Teayre quickly finished the last of her bottle of wine, throwing it to one side as it shimmers and bursts into thousands of brightly coloured pixels Teayre looks around. Spotting the wolves, she sighed. “Will I ever get some quiet peace on this floor?” Shaking her head she lets out a chuckle, “Apparently not.” She says as the wolves charge her. The fangs from the pack manage to sink into her, she spins shaking them off as much as possible before drawing her blade in the same motion and makes a single cut, breathing quietly activating her concentration skill. Ensuring her blade hits. Sheathing the weapon she looks at the loot list, shrugging she dismisses it. Another howl came echoed in the distance the red head sighed. “This really isn’t going to be easy is it?” She asks herself.

ID: 66579 BD: 9 (4 + 4 ACC + 1 Concetration) CD: 8 (Battle Healing Acitve) LD: 12 (9 + 3 LD) MD: 9 (Crit +1 DMG)

Iai Used. (15 * 10)   = 150 DMG

Teayre: 189/189 EN: 33/46 13 Energy Used 4x(12+1-12MIT) = 2 DMG 11 HP regened from Battle Healing

Snow Wolf: 0/100 (150 DMG – 25 MIT = 125DMG) x4

Loot:
4 x Materials

Edited by Teayre

The howls that had echoed in the distance, were suddenly a lot closer. Teayre gave a long drawn out sigh as she gripped the Muramasa ready to react as soon as the mobs entered her charging range. “Honestly, some peace would be nice…” Whistling to herself the crimson maiden keeps walking. “So The Night’s King is the quest name. I’m almost surprised.” Grinning she looks up spotting four more wolves in front of her. The red head pushes off from one foot her charge skill carrying her forwards as she appears in the centre of them Teayre makes two half circles, the Muramasa cutting through all four mobs. Sheathing the blade, she flicks her hair over her shoulder. “Really? It’s the fourth floor why am I expecting a challenge?” The wind began to whistle as she made her way to the north side of the mountain. Looking up a winding path could be seen leading up to a castle.

ID: 66580 BD: 7 (3 + 4 ACC) CD: 6 (Battle Healing Acitve) LD: 7 (4 + 3 LD) MD: 6

Gen Getsu Used. (15+4 * 6)   = 114  DMG

Teayre: 189/189 EN: 22/46 12 Energy Used 4x(12+1-12MIT) = 2 DMG 11 HP regened from Battle Healing

Snow Wolf: 0/90 (114 DMG – 23 MIT = 91DMG) x4

Loot:
4x Materials

Edited by Teayre

Even as she gazed up the path the sound of clanking could be heard coming from behind her. Teayre drew a short sharp breath as she glanced over her shoulder. It was a man in full plate, the white and red was unmistakeable. “Knight of the Blood Oath.” The red head cursed before sprinting off in a different direction. “Not even in the mood to deal with him…” Her red eyes flashed for a moment, “Who was that though, Macradon?” Teayre shook her head, it couldn’t be him, regardless of how often he was on the lower floors. Coming to a halt the red head is confronted by yet another pack of snow wolves. “When, will you ever learn?”  She challenges them before letting her charge skill activated. Whipping her forward she performs a single cut. Zekkai. Her blade biting through each of the wolves in a single strike, pixels beginning to fade around her even as their claws tore into the red head in their dying breath.

Spoiler

ID: 66719 BD: 10 (Nat) CD: 10 (Nat) LD: 18 (15 + 3 LD) MD: 9 (Nat)

Zekkai Used. (15 +2 + 4 * 7)   = 147 DMG

Teayre: 189/189 EN: 16/46 7 Energy Used 4x(12+1-12MIT) = 4 DMG, 11 HP regened from Battle Healing

Snow Wolf: 0/100 (147 DMG – 25 MIT = 122DMG) x4

Loot:
4 x Materials
4 x Bonus Materials
2000 Col
4x(100*5)

Total Loot:
12 x Materials

Edited by Teayre

As the pixels finished dispersing around her the red head looked up towards the towering mountain. The castle that was sat out on a precipice. Shudders ran down Teayre back as she swallowed. “I need to keep going.” Her eyes narrowed as she scans the sheer steps for any sign of the knight that had passed her earlier. Unable to spot the player Teayre made her way back to the steps. However not before several bolts of ice were hurled at her. The red head deftly blocked these with the Muramasa. Looking up the steps the outlines of several small drakes could be seen, hovering slightly. “Whelps.” The girl mutters before dashing forwards her blade cutting either side of her as she fells four of the creatures. Dismissing the loot window Teayre follows the path up with her eyes, she was still a way off from the entrance to the castle.

Spoiler

ID: 66720 BD: 6 (2 + 4 ACC) CD: 12 LD: 14 (11 + 3 LD) MD: 4

Gen Getsu Used. (15+4 * 6)   = 114  DMG

Teayre: 189/189 EN: 5/46 12 Energy Used

Dragon Whelps: 0/90 (114 DMG – 23 MIT = 91DMG) x4

Loot:

Total Loot:
12 x Materials
2000 Col

Edited by Teayre

Snow drifted in front of her eyes Teayre waved her hands trying to clear some of her vision, unable to do so the girl presses onwards blindly searching for the way through the snow. After several minutes she finds herself in a small alcove. Investigating it she finds that it is completely clear. The girl nestles down in it as she waits for the storm to pass. Akuma’s Vein and the Muramasa nearby. Leaning her head back she rests it against the wall in the alcove. “Light fades to darkness… I know it does. So why… Why does it feel like this is so hard to do?” She questions herself. Looking down at the sheathed muramasa she looks at the blade. “Life. To live or die? Is one worse than the other.” She swallows, “I’ve murdered.” “They deserved it.” “Maybe…” Teayre replies to the quiet voice in the back of her mind. “You took me for your own Teayre.”

ID: 66724 LD: 11 (8 + 3 LD)

No mats found.

Total Loot:
12 x Materials
2000 Col

Edited by Teayre

“Took you for my own?” The crimson maiden snorted slightly from the thought that crossed her mind. Letting her eyes fall shut she thinks back to the day she had acquired battojutsu. “A light drizzle on the seventh floor. I fought several supposed masters at the temple. They fell to the Oikawa Kanashiki. Then she came…” The thoughts of the silver haired woman she had fought… Well fought was too strong a word, Teayre almost killed the NPC outright. She had claimed the right to be called Muramasa, the right to weild battojutsu. “Then why?!” She screams out loud into the night. The mountain that she was resting on rumbled in response. “I guess I’ll never really find out. Although what was it she had said to me…” Closing her eyes the girl racks her brains trying to remember what was said to her at the time of acquiring her unique skill.

ID: 66831 LD: 11 (8 + 3)
No Materials Found

Total Loot:
12 x Materials
2000 Col

Edited by Teayre

The white figure in her memory shot away, the last words of her echoing in Teayre’s mind. “I sure hope you do come back and force me like so again.” The girl shuddered, perhaps, just perhaps that was what had started to drive Teayre’s thoughts. Her perception of the world had changed since she had killed her father. With the very blade in her hand. Teayre slowly stands shaking her head. “I can’t let this get to me. Akarim, Manta, Ebony. Heh. I wish I could regret what I did to them.” Looking up at the moon the red head feels a smile creep across her lips. “This orange marker… It’s only just a symbol of what I am. A murderer.” As the silvery light shone at her Teayre looked over to her left spotting a pile of rubble, heading over to it the girl rumages around finding a material. “Can’t go wrong with that.”

ID: 66842 LD: 18 (15 + 3 LD)
Mat Found

Total Loot:
2000 Col
13 Materials

Edited by Teayre

The clanking of armour reaches Teayre’s ears, looking up the girl can see that she’s not far from the top of the stairs. Shivering as an unnatural cold begins to take hold. “What that…” She quietly mutters as she reaches the final step.  Looking across the plateau she has ended up on there are four vaguely humanoid shapes that are immediately obvious. The four creatures turn, their red eyes gleaming as a low ghostly howl reverberates between them. “Just what I needed.” The crimson maiden mutters, “Now then.” Dashing forwards her muramasa at the ready Teayre makes two swift half-moon cuts around her. Each strike cutting clean through the four mobs. As she stood sheathing her blade the four creature’s burst into pixels. “Finally.” Teayre says as she looks around dismissing the loot window. Before her towering up stood the castle, the metal doors were slighting open, inviting the red head in.

Spoiler

ID: 66843 BD: 7 (3 + 4 ACC) CD: 8 LD: 19 (16 + 3 LD) MD: 3

Amatsu no Homura Used (15 + 4)*9 = 171 DMG

Teayre: 189/189

EN: 28/46 (18 Used)

Frost Wright: 0/100 171 – 25 MIT = 146 DMG x4

Loot:
4 x Materials
4 x Bonus Materials

4 x (100 *5) Col = 2000 Col

Total Loot:
4000 Col
21 Materials

Edited by Teayre

Walking up to the massive door Teayre places her hand on it and pushes. Despite the cold weather seeping into the hinges the doors swing open without a sound revealing an arched entrance hall. The red head walks into it, looking around in awe at the architecture. The previously dim and gloomy hall suddenly lit up. Teayre glanced back at the door it had slid shut. “A trap.” She curses before looking around to see where the trap would be coming from. In front of her an ornate flight of stairs leads upwards, spreading out as it reaches the balcony of the second floor. Teayre swallows. “Guess I can’t go back now.” The girl says to herself as she begins to make her run across the floor. The moment she steps out of the doorway the floor a loud whirring sounds. The tiles beneath her feet began to crack and give way. “Tch.” Letting her reactions carry her safely to the bottom of the stares.

ID: 67074 LD: 19 (16 + 3 LD) – Trap Avoided (15+ Avoid Trap, 1-15 take floor levels *15 – 1 DMG)

Edited by Teayre

Even though the red had made it to the bottom of the stairs, the danger was far from over.  Letting out a long sigh as several mobs appeared in front of her. “What am I going to do?” The red head quietly mused to herself before beginning her movement. One hand on the saya that held the Muramasa one hand on the hilt. Breathing slowly the crimson maiden kicks off letting her charge skill take hold of her. The blade beginning to glow a brilliant white as she shoots past the four skeletons that had started to come down towards her. Her blade glow vanished as she stood straight, turning to see pixels bursting from each of the steps she had taken. “Iai,” The red hair whispers, narrowing her eyes as she looks distastefully down at the creatures she had just slain. “A little bit more and I’ll be at the boss room I hope…”

ID: 67223 BD: 9 (Nat) [+1 DMG, Batto Activated] CD: 7 (BH Activated) LD: 6 (3 + 3 LD) MD: 7 (Stunned)

Iai Used: 13 Energy, Mobs Stunned (15+1+4)*10 = 200 DMG

EN: 17/46 (13 Used, 1 Regen)

Skeleton: 0/100 200 – 25 MIT = 175 DMG x4

Loot:
4 x Materials

Total Loot:
4000 Col
25 Materials

Edited by Teayre

Finally the red head had reached the top of the steps. In front of her another four skeletons. Letting out a sigh Teayre closed her eyes for a split second as she shot forwards. Her blade drawing from its sheathe as she makes a single strike across all four mobs. “I just want to kill your king. Get my Quest Reward and get the hell out of here.” As the four piles of bones began to disperse into crystals Teayre dismissed the loot window. Moving across to the great door that loomed over her the red head presses her hand against it. Gently shoving it. With no success at opening it. Looking closer there appeared to be several moveable objects around. Teayre looked at the door and engraved on the iron monstrosity was symbols. A hawk in the top left, a bear in the top right, a dragon at the bottom left, a wolf at the bottom right. In the center was a snake.

ID: 68922 BD: 10 (Nat) [+2 DMG] Batto Activated CD: 9 (BH Activated) LD: 12 (9 + 3 LD) MD: 7 [Stunned]

Iai Used: 13 Energy, Mobs Stunned (15+2+4)*10 = 210 DMG

EN: 5/46 (13 Used, 1 Regen)

Skeleton: 0/100 210 – 25 MIT = 185 DMG x4

Loot:
4 x Materials
4 x (100*5 Col) = 2000 Col

Total Loot:
6000 Col
29 Materials

Edited by Teayre
  • 4 weeks later...

Taking several steps back Teayre walks over to a pedestal that was nearby. Ice covered it, making it hard to determine anything underneath the layer of frost. Taking her blade she gently chips at it, all around the obelisk were carvings of different wolves. On the very top of it was a wolf, sat on its haunches, chin raised as it let out a howl. The red head smirked to herself. “If this is what I think it is. Then it should be easy enough.” She followed to the ground and sure enough there were several slots in the ground. Letting out a heavy sigh, Teayre spotted several torches. “Thank god.” Grabbing it she lit the braziers of the courtyard that she was standing in. The light quickly flickered around illuminating more of the courtyard. Letting a small sigh Teayre grinned as she saw the ice beginning to thaw. “Easier than I thought.”

Now that the terrace was lit up and the ice had melted the red head could easily see what she needed to do. The five pedestals around her each had markings on that represented one of the animals on the door. There were six spots. All interconnected except the sixth, which was off set slightly. A puzzle. Letting out a laugh Teayre grinned, at least Kayaba had thought to include tricks like this in the game.  The serpent was already in the centre so the red head moved this to the sixth spot. Before she began to adjust the other pedestals into their respective positions. When she was done she let out several breaths. It was cold but she had managed what she had needed to. Looking at the twisting serpent pedestal and pushed it into place. As she did so a massive click resonated through the plateau that she was on. Raising her head Teayre watched as the door began to open.

Large chunks of ice fell as the doors slowly creeped open. A loud groaning echoing out from them. The red head bit her lip, as the cranked open to the last spot. A gust of cold wind rushed out putting out the lights that she had just lit and freezing back over the pedestals. Her hand gripping the hilt of her blade she looked through the gloom that was now around her, a pale blue light illuminating the corridor in front of her. Straightening up she begins to walk forwards the icy walls sending shivers down the red head’s spine. “I don’t fancy coming here again.” As she looks around she can see broken statues littered around her. Swords. Axes. Hammers. They all lay on the floor their previous owners gone burst into pixels. The chill was seeping into her bones. “Guess they were just weak.” She sniffs as she walks past them looking forwards.

Teayre looked up as she reached the second massive door. The cold was now penetrating through to her very bones, slowly the red head manages to push the door open. She looks at the throne room that she was just entering before her standing the very figure she was planning on killing. However, she had some more pawns to overcome first. In front of the throne stood four wights. Teayre shoots forwards her katana drawing from its sheathe as the sword art Iai activates. Stunning the mobs she stops for a moment looking up at the King as he slowly stands up watching as his four guardians burst into crystals around the red headed attacker. His big two handed great axe being rested on one shoulder the bright red eyes glooming out and targeting Teayre. She sighed as her bones stiffened. Her arms slumping to the floor, feeling some of her strength drain out of her. She looked down at her arms before back up at the boss. “Guess that’s your doing.”

ID: 69060 BD: 10 (+2 DMG, Batto Activated_ CD: 8 LD: 20 (17 + 3 LD)

Iai Used: 13 Energy, Mobs Stunned (15+2+4)*10 = 210 DMG

EN: 33/46 (13 Used)

Frost Wights: 0/100 190 – 25 MIT = 185 DMG x4

Loot:
4 x Materials

4 x Bonus Materials
4 x (100*5 Col) = 2000 Col

Total Loot:
8000 Col
37 Materials

Frost Wight Stats:
HP - 100
Mitigation - 25
Damage per Attack - 120 DMG
Critical Bonus - 50 DMG (BD9), 60 DMG (BD10)

Night’s King Stats:
HP: 300/300
MIT: 50
DMG: 75 / 85 BD9 / 100 BD 10
Effect: Damage is capped at 10, including charge and mod effects

Edited by Teayre

The king made his move, running forwards. Teayre returned the favour. The steel of both their weapons glinting in the dim light. Rolling underneath the swing of the axe Teayre brings her blade across the mid-section of the Night King. Watching as she stuns him. Taking a few steps back she watches as he struggles, her lips twitching. They twitched from the joy of the fight. She caught her breath taking a step back. “Cal.” She mutters quietly. “Why do they even try?!” Her thoughts were screaming out at her as the girl shook her head. This wasn’t right, why were they trying to save someone that killed in cold blood. She didn’t mind who she killed. Yet they trusted in her, they fought alongside her knowing she might turn at any second. Raising her head Teayre let out a sigh. “Now is not the time Narlia!” She said to herself, her voice firm. Strict.

ID: 69065 BD: 6 (3 + 3 ACC) CD: 1 LD: 20 (17 + 3 LD) MD: 3

Iai Used: 13 Energy, Mobs Stunned (10)*10 = 100 DMG

EN: 21/46 (13 Used, 1 Regen) 

Night’s King Stats: [Stunned Next Turn]
HP: 250/300 (100-50 MIT)

Edited by Teayre

The red eyes stared at her causing the crimson maiden to back track. The axe swinging down towards her. Gritting her teeth Teayre rolls to one side just avoiding it. “Come on Narlia.” She scolds herself mentally, it’d been a while since she’d been in a situation such as this. The cold was taking out most of her damage dealing ability. Fumbling around she grabs a teleport crystal from her belt. Staring down at it she grimaces for a second. Should the red head use it? Should she retreat? Swallowing she stares up at the white tipped beard of her opponent who had begun to raise his axe for another attack. Crushing the crystal in her hand Teayre yells out loudly. “TELEPORT SNOWFROST!” The blue light begins to shimmer around her, the room starting to fade out of place. “I’m going to have to get stronger. Stronger? No… That’s not it… That’s how I’ve always done it.”

ID: 69111 BD: 6 (3 + 3 ACC) CD: 7 LD: 3 MD: 5

EN: 22/46 (1 Regen) 

Night’s King Stats: [Stunned Next Turn]
HP: 250/300 (100-50 MIT)

Edited by Teayre

White light started to appear around the crimson maiden even as the axe came slashing towards her. The white of the sword art used by the Night’s King consumed her vision. Her mind, there was only one thing that could be seen. Blue hair. Laughing. Ice cream. The same image flashed through her head a thousand of times. Slowly several other faces join it. A blonde haired man, his expression soft. “What’s up Teardrop?” Resonated through her mind. “Callie… Kawi…” Tears began to roll down her cheeks. The red head sighed as she felt a small amount of warmth hit her. Finally… Finally it was over, she was free. Her eyes opened, snow was falling around her she looked down. It was her hand. Looking around the red head recognised the town of Snowfrost, just down the hill to her right. She was outside the safe zone. Somehow, she had managed to survive.

Edited by Teayre