[PP-F1] Swords and scouts <Itzal, Mossino and Rin>

Itzal and Alisa had been training for days now and Alisa had made very good progress.  Thus, Itzal decided to treat her to a meal in one of the restaurants in the town of beginnings.  Any chance he had to explore more of the town he took eagerly, hoping to have the entire town's map and data, shortcuts and paths to avoid, every area possible under his knowledge.  Being a scout he was naturally curious and that was a good trait.  It gave him the strength and will to seek out and explore, which would be very important when he reached the front lines to scout for the boss.  As they approached the town gates Itzal turned to Alisa.

"We'll be checking out a new restaurant today.  I think they have pizza.  Which.  I am very excited for.  I haven't had pizza since I entered this game."  As they walked into the building they both sat down.  It was interesting how the town of beginnings had almost every culture built into it.  This place was obviously Italian based.  He saw that the place was packed but he found a table for three and took it before anyone else could.  When they sat down the waitress walked over with a bright smile on her face.

"What would you like today sir?" 

"Um, lets see.  Alisa what would you like?"

OOC-  It's me, Rin, then Alisa.  Tag the next person after you post.  @Rin

Edited by Itzal

The town of beginnings, it is odd how players always managed to find themselves returning to this historic city where all the player base was flipped around onto their heads being told this was how life would be for them. She still remembered the number of deaths which were merely people's parents unplugging the machine unknowing or unwilling to believe the dire circumstance. Rin had worried the first week, she and Alex were both in their own apartment just the two of them, although it appeared someone must have gotten a list of buyers and set up those who were connected. Honestly she didn't quite understand how a power outage or the like didn't trip the country forcing numerous of them die in a mere instance. Her feet slowly maneuvering her through the town till eventually she found herself in alone at the edge of the town center now glancing around.

"Oh monkey feathers, why did I have to turn down that Itzal character when he offered me housing and lodging."

Her entire bodies fatigue now drained as she had been up since that day still in search of money and food. Her stomach growling discomforted by her lack of attention being rendered to service it. As it groaned she now curled up onto the flooring wincing her stomach tightly wrapping about her belly as she now propped herself up against a wall of a nearby shop.

"So tired -"

She remained like an angle braced supporting the building with the front of her head as she slowly grind down the surface of the wall. While she slumbered she manage to groan out a few strange words.

"Jelly bean castles. - Ole' lobster henchen. - John Chriton ~giggles~ wizard of Oz."

As the minutes progressed she finally collapsed on her side snoring ever so silently.

@Mossino

• 2 weeks later...

Alisa smiled at Itzal. Another free lunch for her how could she complain! All the good dishes to choose from, yes, but...her mouth nearly watered at the thought of having Pizza again. She quickly stated to the waiter that she wanted a clean, simple, pepperoni pizza for lunch. Not a slice, the full thing. She grinned mischievously. She may be burning Itzal's money, yes, but damnit she wanted a pizza.

She gave Itzal a smile, "So, what is left on the agenda today to do?" she asks, tilting her head. They had already done some exercising and light parkour training but. There was still time left in the day and it had to be filled. They could do more exercises and or fight some mobs. She wasn’t too picky but, if she had the rest of the day off she wouldn’t mind.

However, little did she know that she was going to meet a new friend here soon.

ID#  67378   LD:  5 + 6 = 11  Successful.  Found you Rin XD

Alisa turned to the waitress, not bothering to wait for Itzal and ordered a whole pizza.  Itzal laughed lightly as he thought that she really jumped the gun, but over all he was going to get the exact same thing anyways.  He ordered a whole pepperoni pizza and the woman giggled with a nod and made her way to the kitchens.  When Alisa asked him what was to happen he smiled gently.

"Today we take a break.  Spend time having fun together.  Yes we need to train consistently but we also need a break every now and then.  I have something planned for tonight but up till then it's up to you Alisa.  I'll go wherever you want to go, any floor, any place, and do anything you're interested in.  After we have pizza that is."  He chuckled at his own joke but then refocused on her to give her the news.  "Actually this is a sort of celebration.  You're training is growing close to completion.  There are two more things we need to practice before your final exam though.  Starting tomorrow we'll be starting advanced parkour, and I will meet you in the city on the eleventh floor at eight A.M. sharp.  We'll be staying in the city of course so you won't be killed.  You still need to perform your exercises and training practices every day as I do.  If you don't you'll lose your edge.  And finally now that you have a new weapon, I'll need to teach you how to properly use it.  Once those are done you can take the final exam and when you pass, your training will be complete!"  He said this with a smile but in truth he was sad to see her go.  True he had friends but Alisa had been the brightest point in his life.  Now she was close to leaving.  He heard a sound and turned to see out the open door.  His eyes widened when he saw a familiar figure.  Rin?  He asked Alisa to hold on and walked over to the girl and found that she was exhausted...  And sleeping on the road.  Why hadn't she taken his offer and stayed in the extra room in his shop?

Edited by Itzal

As she rested against he wall of the nearby cafe she grumbled a slight dribble of drool now dangling down on what was the longest strand physically possible. As she ran down she then hit the ground and yelped waking back up partially snapping her body upright as her hands began to quickly do the still wearing everything dance. They quickly gripped her skirt, then her bosom, ending with her hair as she then sighed in relief that somehow she didn't lose everything that made up her physical beauties exterior. Rin's back now propped against it from resituating herself when she spotted to long legs eye level that didn't seem all that different from another guy she had meet a few days back.

The girl's hands raised wiping her eyes as she attempted to simply stir them about so they were working properly as she also craned back realizing to see the face she would have to look up.

"Itzal, nice to see you again? Whazup-p"

A groggy voice greeted him before she began to lean back still have ready to pass out when  she realized their was another set of slender stationary legs a bit farther behind him.

"Girlfriends? Do you have one because it looks like she is waiting for you. Here help me up a second and I will help tell her how nice you have been."

She weakly began to stand back up before faceplanting into the ground groaning as she was now no longer asleep form the impact.

"Ow, ow."

Alisa leaned slightly to see past Itzal to get a good look at the person. That...was...an odd outfit? She continued to look over the cat-like dressed only who she could presume was a woman. Itzal surely meets a lot of strange people...not to say herself wasn't strange, she would count herself in the list of strange people. The cat-outfit wearing person seemed incredible tired. More tired than Alisa has ever been, but she knows the feeling well. Was she doing okay? They talked back and forth, and she didn't eavesdrop, but she couldn't help but this new person state she may be Itzal's girlfriend. This made Alisa chuckle a bit and she stepped forward, giving Rin a large smile....Then the girl fell again, and Alisa frowned, quickly bending down before Itzal could offering help to the catgirl if she would take any. After helping the girl up she would introduce herself.

"Erm, hello! I'm Alisa, nice to meet you miss...?"

Itzal listened as Rin sleepily talked back to him and he smiled.  "It's good to see you too Rin.  But tell me.  Why couldn't you just have accepted my offer?  It's painful to see you sleeping on the road."  Then just before she tried to rise she asked if Alisa was his girlfriend.  Itzal froze and three seconds later his entire face lit up red.  Ulises was about to make a sarcastic comment but he mentally punched him in the face before he could do so.  He shook his face violently from embarrassment.  Why?  Why did this have to happen to him so often?  Why Lord?  "N-nonononono!  She's not my girlfriend!  She's someone I'm training!  An apprentice!  That's all it is I swear, no relationship here!"  He made a sigh of relief as Alisa arrived and took matters into her own hands by helping the girl up.  Itzal wasn't the best with girls as it was and he was so happy to have someone like Alisa here to help him interact with other girls.  Only girls could truly understand other girls.  Oh wait.  Hopefully the two of them didn't decide to tease him together.  He shook his head.  Alisa wouldn't do that.  "Well I guess introductions are in order?  Alisa this is Rin.  Rin this is Alisa."

Rin groaned now rubbing her eyes as she was staring over toward Mossino a bit curious as he said that he was training her for some reason, but to what end was their apprenticeship. After a brief contemplation she pushed those thoughts aside and began to look back holding her hand also out to Itzal's not romantic companion. She supposed that what she had said was a bit discomforting for at least Itzal as he seemed to be frantically attempting to change the subject, it sounded like a tactic only someone madly in love would use. Rin giggled and held a hand to her face as she tried to hide her amusement in this matter. As her own amusement ended she tripped now leaning against Mossino as she was preparing to shake her hand.

"Sorry, not quite awake yet it's a nice to meet you too."

A rather vibrant smile, if not a tad sleepy now washing over her face as she leaned against the other girl. the question Itzal asked she attempted to avoid for as long as possible but she sorta owed him an explanation.

"I just don't like to intrude, besides I will soon be working on crafts and the like so hopefully I will be making a living - hopefully."

Well, this Rin person seems to be rather clumsy. Or so horribly tired that it was near impossible for them to stand. Whichever it was, Alisa continued to help her stand up, hoping she wouldn't fall and hurt herself. Which, to be honest, wasn't a thing in this game. But still.

After Rin successfully got to her feet, Alisa gave her a big smile.

"Oh no! You aren't intruding at all, we were about to eat lunch, want to join us?" she asks, tilting her head at the girl. It'd be rude not to at least ask if Rin wanted to join them.

"Besides Itzal-senpai is paying, can't pass up that deal, " she grins at Itzal, with an "I know what I'm doing, but I look innocent," smile.

She was starting to enjoy teasing and messing with Itzal. Just an emergent quality of her social personality. And man, Itzal was gonna hate it.

Itzal, very glad though he was that the topic had changed to something less embarrassing, was not all too happy that Alisa had jumped onto his paying for someone else.  He was happy to help Rin of course, but for her to tell the girl without.  Oh.  So that's what it was.  He shook his head.  His young apprentice was growing up way too fast for his liking.  She was learning the same game Kooh played with him and he hoped she never reached Kooh's level of teasing.  Kooh could light Itzal's face up red at any time she wanted and he couldn't stop it.  Itzal nodded.  "Come on Rin, let's have some lunch.  And if you need someplace to sleep, please.  Let.  Me.  Know."  The three of them sat down and the waitress noticed the newcomer.  Itzal nodded to her and she gave a friendly smile as she went to go order a third pizza for them.  "Well I hope your hungry, and I hope you like pizza.  We'll be having a lot of that.  So Rin, are you tired just because or have you gotten enough sleep?"  If she was naturally tired he could always drop her off at his place before Alisa and he did some activities.  If not...  Alisa was deciding what they'd do until tonight anyways so surely she and Rin could come up with something.

@Rin

Rin smiled as she was propped up now wandering forward through the first floor on his own to the table. As she sat down she began to yawn, both hands now moving up to her eyes as she rubbed them awake. After the rather long drawn out  groan she stopped staring back toward both of her companions with a smile nodding happily. Pizza sounded delicious although she imagined that the type they would get probably would be something normal like cheese. It didn't matter to much to her as she was fine with basically any toppings that  were normal on pizza. She then raised a hand as if still an elementary school student for the waitress.

"Could you get me some coffee or tea as well in addition to the pizza, I'm afraid I need a little something to help me wake up this morning."

The ebony mane now drooped back over her eyes only to be blown out of her face once again as she now focused upon the group in front of her. 

"It's a pleasure to meet you both, I must admit I didn't realize I would see you so soon? Also thanks for paying for lunch I'm still a bit tight for money."

There was snickering that not even Alisa could cover up as Itzal realized what she was trying to do, annoy him. She smiled widely as she sat down beside Itzal facing towards Rin. While she wasn't one to normally start conversation or hop into it, she was somewhat intrigued to know who this person was, and perhaps become their friend? And at the same time annoy Itzal, because, she felt like doing that today. Oh well, she was still developing her social tendencies and idiosyncrasies. This was going to be one of them. Poor Itzal.

With a smile and a soothing voice, "It's nice to meet you, I hope we can be friends." she states rather happily. Ever since Itzal had found her, she had been slowly becoming more and more social, which was far from her early highly anti-social behavior. Hopefully this Rin person could be her next friend.

Itzal nodded to Rin who thanked him for paying for the meal.  "It's my pleasure Rin.  Anything to help out another player.  I admit I'm saving up for something big but I figured it was worth it to pay for a good meal every now and then.  Though Alisa, I soon expect some decent meals from time to time with your new profession.  Perhaps you could start repaying me for all those meals I've bought for you?"  He grinned at her, satisfied that he might have made a decent comeback to her teasing.  He leaned back in his seat as Alisa basically asked if she could friend Rin.  Itzal thought it was a great idea as he believed Rin could use some friends.  He wouldn't ask to add her to his friend list just yet as she might feel like it was happening too suddenly after she woke up, or attacked if she was asked by both of them at once.  Best to give her time to adjust to their company first.  After the question was asked three pizza's were placed on the table along with Rin's coffee.  While waiting for Rin's question to be answered Itzal would stare at the pizza with focused eyes as he usually did when he saw divine food in front of him.  He closed his eyes and made a silent, quick prayer before beginning to dive into his food, his eyes closing as he took a bite.  One could never get tired of pizza.

Rin's eyes continued to bounce between Itzal and Alisa a rather weary gaze as she now began to wonder how or why nothing was going on between these two as they seemed to be quite quirky together. As she was greeted and talked to about how it was a good idea to make friends and how Itzal apparently would like some payment from the girl before her for the help he gave her. Rin now just sat there in an awkward silence as she simply bobbed her head yes in agreement. As she thought about the idea of chefs she then finally came up with something to ask the girl.

"Actually, if you are a chef perhaps I could stop by and ask for some food in the future as I actually am planning on going my only little expeditions to locate a familiar eventually. Although that is far down the line after I have properly trained and am scaled in my Search and Detect skill. I heard that some foods help with the searching."

She asked attempting to make idle conversation while also making sure that her assumptions were correct.

Perhaps at one point Itzal and Alisa would have been rather perfect for each other, yes. But now was not the case. She had someone else in mind, but that was not important in the slightest. Alisa was more worried about the rather good retort Itzal had thrown at her, which only resulted in Alisa to give a fake scowl before giggling lightly.

"But of course I will make you food, I just need materials, and your patience. I hope you like whatever I am making, because if you don't, that's your problem." she states calmly, still grinning at him. "And soon I can make full meals, I have recently unlocked deserts."

"And yes! Some foods do help with that, but as I have said I am really low on materials and have to get to finding some probably right after we finish this, then its back to crafting. But for now I am relaxing for the afternoon." with a smile she tops talking, having said enough.

Itzal listened as Rin told Alisa that she was investing in search and detect specifically for gathering materials.  While he would have been excited to hear her say she wanted to be a scout he was perfectly fine with this decision.  The Front lines and many other areas needed supporters, not just fighters.  He smiled at her as he realized that if she mastered the ability to detect materials, and if she got the gathering skills, she could make a living off of selling materials.  He needed gathering too then he supposed.  Once he did he could start selling col since his shop didn't seem to be doing well whatsoever.  With the col he could save up for the guild's needs, possibly save up for a guild hall or something.  When Alisa mentioned relaxing Itzal smiled.  "Yeah!  She's getting close to the end of her training so we're sort of celebrating that!  If you want you could join us Rin!  Everything's much more fun together!  I don't care what we do up till tonight.  I have plans for us then.  What do you guys want to do?"  He took another bite of pizza.  Good golly seriously, how could people get tired of pizza he thought?  He needed to do some research in order to find out who made pizza so he could thank them with a prayer.

@Rin

"Training? What on earth type of training can you get from other players in the game? I honestly thought that this wasn't the type of gain that normally allowed for apprenticeships. Although I don't really know what else I want to do in this world other then gather some materials and craft some different clothes or the like."

As she sat among her friends she smiled now as the pizza was opened up. It smelt delicious although to be perfectly honest Rin didn't have the same college life as other students as she didn't normally go out partying with others. She was silent type who would rather stay on her laptop her nose in a book where she could conceal her true thoughts. A simple shrug would reply to Itzal's comment on what she really wanted to do. Perhaps deep down she just wanted to find a new place in this life whether it was beside a stronger player or in her very own house where she could try and make a new life for herself. With the progress so far it was hard for her to believe that they would ever escape from this game. Although people like her were the problems merely surrendering to this new life rather then fighting to break out of it.

Alisa listened to them talk, but she eyed the pizza rather hungrily. She wanted to get into it, however she would at least have to answer the others questions first, and mind her manners...Wait, she didn't have manners. Oh well.

With a light smile, she started to respond.

"I...erm...I really knew nothing about this game or how to play MMO's before. So, I had drifted for a long time, barely any food, no shelter or housing. One faithful day Itzal found me, and I guess I was so down he had to say something to me. After a bit he agreed to mentor me for a while, and I have seriously improved. You should have seen the first time I fought a boar. Nearly died. It was...an experience."

She laughed lightly. "On top of that, I showed interest in being a scout, so Itzal has trained me in the ways of moving around these maps and blending into the background, so I can help the future parties scout out boss rooms. He's taught me a lot, and I'd probably be dead without him."

With a smile she picked up a slice of pizza and bit into it.

Itzal was going to answer but when Alisa started speaking he smiled.  She was about as socially skilled as he was when he first arrived.  He was glad to see her confidence was building.  It was a very important thing.  When she finished he nodded to confirm.  "She's doing much better now.  I've trained her how to use her eyes to spot things others won't.  I'm also teaching her the basics in parkour and helping her level up.  I was recently telling her that she's ready for the advanced parkour course.  Not only that but when she gets her equipment then I'll teach her how to use the rapier properly.  She uh, didn't know how to use it at first.  But that's the way things work eh?  We fail, we get back up and learn from our mistakes.  We fail again, and learn from those.  Nobody is perfect, remember that.  Everyone has flaws and errors.  And I'm not sure dead would be accurate.  I would have been dead for certain if I didn't have help.  I started with the goal to go hunting player killers, but that would only result in getting myself killed in the process.  Death brings death, and violence breeds more violence."

@Rin

As they sat around the table she saw the hungry eyes glancing over toward the Pizza she now reached over to grab a slice as if attempting to tell them that it was fine and they didn't have to wait up on her account. She raised it to her mouth before taking a rather pleasant whiff of marinara and cheese. She sighed relieved now that she was about to get one slice of pizza if not even more for the first time in Aincrad. It was a question if any pizzeria's ever decided to open dedicating their time and material to only the art of pizzas. As she spoke about her life story in this game she realized that if she hadn't had a boyfriend entering it she would have had a similar start, but then she still did since his death she was now wandering through life half dazed as she tried to accumulate what little wealth she had in this game. It wasn't her place to attempt and become a scout or way these two down they obviously were intending to be a great help to society some day she on the other hand would let herself slip into the background as if an NPC among the villagers in this game.

She took a big bite from her piece of pizza before now eyeing both of them rather curious how they would go about training at searching around the wilderness when the perks made it possible for them to do so.